Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
bc is getting a cp next week, it's doing fine

jump delays the anniversaries sometimes but they always celebrate them with covers
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Shh, just let the circlejerk happen. Even if it is NarutoXHarry Potter fanfiction
I know I should let them have their laughs but some people forget that last week To promise Neverland just as low. It does sort of irk me that some people catch a quick glance at the TOC and not stop and actually look at it and assume it's ranking was terrible.

I agree with SHARKBAIT that Jump seems to be trying to get people to check-out the back of the magazine, and my wild guess is that next week MHA will be that low itself
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
hmm so Haikyuu, BC and Yuragi will get a color page instead of a cover for their anniversary? That's cool too but I think Haikyuu deserve a cover at least.

Still hoping for a Yuragi's cover, maybe it will get one for it anime announcement. :wtf
The text for the Yuragi CP on the TOC at onepiece-naruto.com says its a "strong hot water" CP or something like that, so not the anniversary one yet.
ゆらぎ (湯かげん好調Cカラー)
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Dr. Stone was funny, not because it's a comedy, but because of the flaws.
1) The protagonist had his legs broken as a statue, but he had them again when he woke up! Pretty convenient. XP
2) Restart civilization? Two guys cannot restart the civilization unless they earned the ability to make babies without a girl like they earned the ability to recover their limbs. :derp
I will not even start to talk about evolution while petrified and all...

If Jump readers are serious in their votes, this is not gonna last.
 

DyanSon

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2017
Messages
367
Reaction score
134
Age
29
Country
Philippines
I know I should let them have their laughs but some people forget that last week To promise Neverland just as low. It does sort of irk me that some people catch a quick glance at the TOC and not stop and actually look at it and assume it's ranking was terrible.

I agree with SHARKBAIT that Jump seems to be trying to get people to check-out the back of the magazine, and my wild guess is that next week MHA will be that low itself
Nah. I'm pretty MHA still going to be on the top 5.
 

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 16, 2015
Messages
4,312
Reaction score
3,702
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
United Nations
Dr. Stone was funny, not because it's a comedy, but because of the flaws.
1) The protagonist had his legs broken as a statue, but he had them again when he woke up! Pretty convenient. XP
2) Restart civilization? Two guys cannot restart the civilization unless they earned the ability to make babies without a girl like they earned the ability to recover their limbs. :derp
I will not even start to talk about evolution while petrified and all...

If Jump readers are serious in their votes, this is not gonna last.
The girl statue is the Heroine of the story, I would expect her to break out soon.

The alternative is science boy turns himself into a girl :D
 

Swavey

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2017
Messages
97
Reaction score
99
Country
The Wall
I know I should let them have their laughs but some people forget that last week To promise Neverland just as low. It does sort of irk me that some people catch a quick glance at the TOC and not stop and actually look at it and assume it's ranking was terrible.

I agree with SHARKBAIT that Jump seems to be trying to get people to check-out the back of the magazine, and my wild guess is that next week MHA will be that low itself
So you'll fall in the shark's trap? You need to catch a couple of glances yourself.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Dr. Stone was funny, not because it's a comedy, but because of the flaws.
1) The protagonist had his legs broken as a statue, but he had them again when he woke up! Pretty convenient. XP
2) Restart civilization? Two guys cannot restart the civilization unless they earned the ability to make babies without a girl like they earned the ability to recover their limbs. :derp
I will not even start to talk about evolution while petrified and all...

If Jump readers are serious in their votes, this is not gonna last.
Those legs were underwater. It's hard to see and not drawn well, but it's certainly the case.

2 people woke up. with a whole earth of humans, I imagine others would have too which will eventually become allies/villains etc.

It's not going to last because it's unrealistic? Not shit, it's shounen. You call having superpowers in basketball or a demonic, lightning crying baby going to school with you realistic? Or people who can eat fruit and gain powers like stretching? Smh...
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So you'll fall in the shark's trap? You need to catch a couple of glances yourself.
I have no reason to believe it's a trap so yes/no.

I've looked at it and thought about it before jumping to conclusions like I've seen you and a few others do. Answer me this lets say that MHA where in BC place this week, disregarding the break it had, would you be saying the same thing as you are now about BC? I personally don't care where it lands if your thinking I'm salty because of it's placement it's when people who where so upset by where To Promise Neverland was at literally last week are automatically up in arms of happiness because of a series they don't like is place lower in the magazine when they know themselves know had it been any other series they wouldn't bat to much of an eye at it. Also as most of us have bared witness to that series with CP are almost always placed slightly higher up then usual in the magazine to show case the CP, so the point you made about it not mattering whether there unranked because of the CP is itself incorrect because there is documented evidence of it here in the forum if you want to go look at it.
 

Kadir0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2016
Messages
909
Reaction score
1,475
Country
The Wall
Glad TPN paced top, even though Hungry Marie is not ranked yet, i am happy to see it at the top too.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I know I should let them have their laughs but some people forget that last week To promise Neverland just as low. It does sort of irk me that some people catch a quick glance at the TOC and not stop and actually look at it and assume it's ranking was terrible.

I agree with SHARKBAIT that Jump seems to be trying to get people to check-out the back of the magazine, and my wild guess is that next week MHA will be that low itself
it won't

it have been 3 years, it have a reputation as the manga that never ranks outside the top 5, why would they break the streak?

Dr. Stone was funny, not because it's a comedy, but because of the flaws.
1) The protagonist had his legs broken as a statue, but he had them again when he woke up! Pretty convenient. XP
2) Restart civilization? Two guys cannot restart the civilization unless they earned the ability to make babies without a girl like they earned the ability to recover their limbs. :derp
I will not even start to talk about evolution while petrified and all...

If Jump readers are serious in their votes, this is not gonna last.
1-his legs are underwater, they never broke
2-did you really read the chapter? right before he said that he declared he will find the scientific reason behind why they turn to stone and why they were revived, he knows both of them are not enough to rebuild civilization, they are just the start
3-they did teased evolution with the dog
4-no cute girl no masterpiece! very sad I know...

The girl statue is the Heroine of the story, I would expect her to break out soon.
no, she's the end goal of the manga, it would be the equivalent of Naruto becoming hokage or finding the one piece before the last arc

there will be other characters breaking free tho, they even teased it when Taijo stopped to talk about about some random dude he saw on tv
 

Azure Warrior

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
367
Reaction score
315
Age
32
Country
United States
I'm still in shock over Donald Trump being turned to stone in the same manga.

I'm interested in seeing where this goes personally, on the more scientific aspects of it.
 

UnspokenCoconut

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2013
Messages
51
Reaction score
45
Gender
Male
Country
Galactic Republic
It's not going to last because it's unrealistic? Not shit, it's shounen. You call having superpowers in basketball or a demonic, lightning crying baby going to school with you realistic? Or people who can eat fruit and gain powers like stretching? Smh...
I think its more about the execution. You can have the most bizarre and crazy manga plot(s) but the execution need to be perfect for that kind of setting.
 

IHateAsta

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2016
Messages
81
Reaction score
60
Age
30
Country
United Arab Emirates
Yes!!!! BC chapter was the worst for real , and nice to see TPN high again , ofc It was the best chapter.
 

vampire killer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
802
Reaction score
465
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
It's normal for Black clover to be so low. It's the purest form of trash. In my country we call the trash black clover. Btw Harapeko no Marie is the best manga for this year. Yuri+Yaoi WHO CAN ASK FOR MORE??
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
I'm just glad that MHA is back. I know it was scheduled to return in this issue anyway, but I was still worried.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
it been a minute since I made this thread go reeeee

so here you go, the same guy that a couple of days ago said he will get into it



people complaining about him saying KnY should be cancelled although he never read it make the people retards not him of course

he's smart and have people inside shueisha telling him exclusive news but he can't talk about it until it revealed, but don't be confused, he didn't just learn it, he known about for years now

wahahahahahahahahaha sorry I couldn't say that with a straight face

anyhow, keep complaining in his retarded videos and down vote them, it gets under his skin way more than you think

he never made another authors comments videos ever since people raided the first one
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
When Kimetsu no Yaiba inevitably gets more popular in the West, he's basically screwed. He won't be able to talk about it since he's lost any respect in relation to the series.

...who am I kidding, people will still eat it up.
 

Kave

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
218
Reaction score
341
Country
Thailand
Weekly oricon
(3 days)

308478 *308478 Haikyuu 25
150667 *150667 Shokugeki no Souma 23
137262 *137262 World Trigger 18
*66723 **66723 Black Clover 10
*62755 2393553 One Piece 84
*41476 **41476 Kimetsu no Yaiba 5
*23827 **23827 Kuroko no Basket: Replace Plus 6
*21062 **21062 Shokugeki no Souma: L'étoile 4
*20607 **20607 Let's Haikyuu!? 4
*20435 *440536 Boku no Hero Academia 12
*19587 **19587 Fire Punch 4
*18487 **18487 Samon-kun wa Summoner 8
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Damn, look at Kimetsu go. Also happy with MHA's volume doing well.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top