Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Reminder that Shokugeki no Soma is in the top 5 and in the bottom 5 at the same time. And next week will be the same with all those color pages. So, is it a good or a bad rank?
Considering that most of the ranked series are unranked because of CP you could take what is ranked this week with a grain of salt. For what was ranked it's not in a bad spot since usually its around the middle area of the TOC.
 

Kadir0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2016
Messages
909
Reaction score
1,475
Country
The Wall
I have never seen people in this threat over hyping stuff to the point of calling it the next big thing (except Sharkbait and his shenanigans)
 

justsomeguy

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 12, 2016
Messages
43
Reaction score
14
Country
The Wall
I don't think bottom 5 is really a bad sign for anything right now when there is only 9 series being ranked tbh
Considering that most of the ranked series are unranked because of CP you could take what is ranked this week with a grain of salt. For what was ranked it's not in a bad spot since usually its around the middle area of the TOC.
Then we could divide this ranking in three:

Top 3: Haikyuu, Neverland and Hero Academia.
Middle: Spring Weapon, Soma and Black Clover.
Bot 3: Saiki, Yuragi and Samon.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I have never seen people in this threat over hyping stuff to the point of calling it the next big thing (except Sharkbait and his shenanigans)
I think the last time a new manga got an overwhelming positive response in this thread is when Fallen Angel started translating Sumo and Hero

and there was people that claimed both are the next big thing, BnHA kinda made it big and Sumo did not do much

however that was 3 years ago

ever since then every new series have gotten backlash to a varying degrees even the successful one, BC, Samon, Yuuna, Kimetsu, Boruto, Neverland...

all the 5 new manga so far have gotten mix responses too
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
What backlash has Neverland received? It's nearly complete praise. >_>

I guess people wanting the kids to have escaped 20 chapters ago?
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
What backlash has Neverland received? It's nearly complete praise. >_>

I guess people wanting the kids to have escaped 20 chapters ago?
There's very little criticism it gets, especially compared to other new comers. But some people have the criticism that it's paced to slow.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
Okay fuck, how cool would a HZ sequel be following Kunisaki on his journey to master all combat sports.
At the very least I hope the MC in Kawada's next series is similar to Kunisaki. I love his character.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Poro will be the one I will not wait to see if VIZ will pick or not, loved the third chapter, it has been great. Poro ftw this round.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
What backlash has Neverland received? It's nearly complete praise. >_>

I guess people wanting the kids to have escaped 20 chapters ago?
I don't. I want the demons to win. Really.

Okay fuck, how cool would a HZ sequel be following Kunisaki on his journey to master all combat sports.
At the very least I hope the MC in Kawada's next series is similar to Kunisaki. I love his character.
The main work is not famous enough... Let it die and rest well please...

Poro will be the one I will not wait to see if VIZ will pick or not, loved the third chapter, it has been great. Poro ftw this round.
Yeah... Keep telling yourself that... I love Poro as well but there's no way that it can beat HM or Dr. Stone...
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Yeah... Keep telling yourself that... I love Poro as well but there's no way that it can beat HM or Dr. Stone...
Of course! A mere mortal like me cannot go against the "hey! it is a veteran!" hype. :noworry
Great news for Hungry Marie though, it will not be in dead last in my ranking this week because Dr. Stone was worse.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
Doesn't matter if it's not famous enough. I can still discuss how cool the idea would be.
Plus, there is a huge announcement for it next week. It's always possible it's a late in the game anime adaptation. Wouldn't be the first time, Busou Renkin springs to mind.
If that happened it would increase its legacy factor.
Deserves it to. Series is one of the best sports manga to ever run in Jump. Only series that give it a run for its money imo are Slam Dunk and Eyeshield.

Regardless Kawada has already cemented himself as one of my favorite mangaka and I have no doubt that he is the future of Jump.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Of course! A mere mortal like me cannot go against the "hey! it is a veteran!" hype. :noworry
Great news for Hungry Marie though, it will not be in dead last in my ranking this week because Dr. Stone was worse.
You can, but you should not.

Doesn't matter if it's not famous enough. I can still discuss how cool the idea would be.
Plus, there is a huge announcement for it next week. It's always possible it's a late in the game anime adaptation. Wouldn't be the first time, Busou Renkin springs to mind.
If that happened it would increase its legacy factor.
Deserves it to. Series is one of the best sports manga to ever run in Jump. Only series that give it a run for its money imo are Slam Dunk and Eyeshield.

Regardless Kawada has already cemented himself as one of my favorite mangaka and I have no doubt that he is the future of Jump.
You can but-... Wait a minute... Huge annoucement... IS IT FINALLY COMING?
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
That OP's cover is cool but Oda forgets that Luffy is still missing one tooth.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Doesn't matter if it's not famous enough. I can still discuss how cool the idea would be.
Plus, there is a huge announcement for it next week. It's always possible it's a late in the game anime adaptation. Wouldn't be the first time, Busou Renkin springs to mind.
If that happened it would increase its legacy factor.
Deserves it to. Series is one of the best sports manga to ever run in Jump. Only series that give it a run for its money imo are Slam Dunk and Eyeshield.

Regardless Kawada has already cemented himself as one of my favorite mangaka and I have no doubt that he is the future of Jump.
It would be a cool idea, but I feel Kunisaki is too much of a hack character. It could definitely get stale. I think he's so good because we only get him in bursts. Kawada should just start a battle series though. With his writing and art, I imagine it would be easy for him to find success in something more mainstream than sumo.

Wait, wasn't that just someone joking about the announcement? Didn't think it was for real. They said it would get the cover which is obviously going to Robot. It's not even getting a colour...
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
What backlash has Neverland received? It's nearly complete praise. >_>

I guess people wanting the kids to have escaped 20 chapters ago?
I seem to recall people including me criticizing the slow pacing and excessive info dumps

Okay fuck, how cool would a HZ sequel be following Kunisaki on his journey to master all combat sports.
At the very least I hope the MC in Kawada's next series is similar to Kunisaki. I love his character.
I wouldn't mind an mma manga, that sound cool

Poro will be the one I will not wait to see if VIZ will pick or not, loved the third chapter, it has been great. Poro ftw this round.
cute girl shows up = love the manga

Doesn't matter if it's not famous enough. I can still discuss how cool the idea would be.
Plus, there is a huge announcement for it next week. It's always possible it's a late in the game anime adaptation. Wouldn't be the first time, Busou Renkin springs to mind.
If that happened it would increase its legacy factor.
Deserves it to. Series is one of the best sports manga to ever run in Jump. Only series that give it a run for its money imo are Slam Dunk and Eyeshield.

Regardless Kawada has already cemented himself as one of my favorite mangaka and I have no doubt that he is the future of Jump.
what huge announcement?
the member that said that yesterday was being sarcastic
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
That was a joke?
Oh.
Leave me to my sorrows.

But yeah, I wanna see a battle manga from him more than anything. Hopefully a delinquent fantasy like YYH.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
That was a joke?
Oh.
Leave me to my sorrows.
And me... I was dancing a conga already... Tsc.

Edit: Black Clover anime project is ongoing (as per an information on this week's chapter)

We also have
elves, that's right. ELVES and revelations about the god demon of the very first chapter and Asta's swords. Next week: a new arc
 
Last edited:

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
Gekkou no Arcadia - Oneshot CP



Boruto TV Anime OP&ED

Issue 16 Preview

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Spoiler pics for Gekkou no Arcadia: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/5014118626
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top