Art Volume Covers and Official Art Thread

thatsvicchan

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2016
Messages
213
Reaction score
1,168
Age
28
Country
Italy
I have seen some people on tumblr say the Jerza/Natza part is mistranslated, if @Linali is kind enough to explain more I can paste your explanation on tumblr. I don't like when translators are accused of this.
 

Linali

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2015
Messages
1,097
Reaction score
7,292
Gender
Female
Country
Poland
I have seen some people on tumblr say the Jerza/Natza part is mistranslated, if @Linali is kind enough to explain more I can paste your explanation on tumblr. I don't like when translators are accused of this.
Do you know what exactly is mistranslated, or just someone said, it's mistranslation? I'm only human, so maybe I'm wrong here.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States

Meant to mention it's not surprising Brandish is the most popular female S12, people always tend to like the first one introduced. God Serena isn't surprising either, put a dragon slayer, #1 Wizard Saint, a funny personality and good hair and it makes sense. Hiro being of a fan of Jacob explains why he felt like he was wasted and why he put him on the 2016 end of the year pic.
 

Crescent Jinx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2016
Messages
2,289
Reaction score
15,384
Gender
Female
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
No, I think Erza's relationship with Natsu and Jellal were set probably by the end of the tower of heaven arc - and certainly by the end of the Oracion Seis arc. It probably wasn't anywhere near as ambiguous by the beginning of the GMG arc. There's also the fact that Hiro works on chapters ahead of their actual release date. The stuff we see like the Jellal and Erza almost kiss scene could have been drawn when we were getting chapters mid-way through the Tenrou Arc.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---


That's possible. However, Zeref was already a character when Lullaby was introduced. So unless Natsu's identity as END wasn't planned at that time, Jellal was probably not meant to be Zeref. It's possible that Zeref had a different role though.
Didn't Mashima say that originally Zeref was dead and he didn't change that until Ultear mentioned it in Tower of Heaven? That Zeref was alive. I think the old series was suppose to have Zeref be kind of like endless.

So Zeref and Jellal would have been tied together.

An entity that would be a plot twist final bad guy after Jellal was defeated. And for Natsu to be connected to him like Reisha had to destroy Endless. While Jellal was Lucia with some connection to Natsu and was trying to resurrect Zeref.

Actually I think that Mashima may have been wanting the "spirit of Zeref" to have actually corrupted Jellal from the beginning and he only made it come from Ultear when he had to find a way to redeem Jellal.

Of course we will never know now.

Cuz if we look at Jellal in ToH and Zeref in Alvarez.

1.Both after women - Erza and Mavis. (Both wanted to them for their magic/sacrifice for grand scheme) and both women are leaders - Erza established early as queen of the fairies. Mavis established as the mother of the fairies.

2. Both playing chess games. Zeref said it was a game. Jellal literally had a freaking chess board out and when his subordinates were defeated, the pieces were broken.

3. Simon died sacrificing himself for Erza. August died sacrificing himself for Mavis.

4. Natsu uses dragon force for first time to defeat Jellal. Natsu uses his demon/dragon powers for first time(?)

The only thing Mashima didn't reuse was Jellal and Sieg being same person. Yet..... Mavis and Zera were same person. Not to mention all the "I am you and you are me" foreshadowing of some cool plot of Erza and Irene being same person. And Larcade was a failed copy of Natsu.
 
Last edited:

Cat Sidhe26

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 12, 2015
Messages
7,294
Reaction score
16,204
Gender
Female
Country
United States
4. Natsu uses dragon force for first time to defeat Jellal. Natsu uses his demon/dragon powers for first time(?)

The only thing Mashima didn't reuse was Jellal and Sieg being same person. Yet..... Mavis and Zera were same person. Not to mention all the "I am you and you are me" foreshadowing of some cool plot of Erza and Irene being same person. And Larcade was a failed copy of Natsu.
If Natsu used his demon/dragon for the first time in the tower of heaven then that means we got an idea of what Natsu looks like when he uses them and how powerful he'll be. Since Mashima did use the parallel of Elie and Resha being the same person, Elie seeing her parents around the dinner table, and Resha regaining her memories already. All we need now is a parallel of Resha's fake death now and Larcade being a failed clone of Natsu makes me wonder if Natsu had blond hair before he was revived by Zeref.
 

Raven

Registored User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 8, 2016
Messages
3,107
Reaction score
12,870
Age
32
Gender
Female
Country
Joker
Do you know what exactly is mistranslated, or just someone said, it's mistranslation? I'm only human, so maybe I'm wrong here.
It's okay at least you're helping and we should be grateful.
*

So there are any updates?
 

Crescent Jinx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2016
Messages
2,289
Reaction score
15,384
Gender
Female
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
If Natsu used his demon/dragon for the first time in the tower of heaven then that means we got an idea of what Natsu looks like when he uses them and how powerful he'll be. Since Mashima did use the parallel of Elie and Resha being the same person, Elie seeing her parents around the dinner table, and Resha regaining her memories already. All we need now is a parallel of Resha's fake death now and Larcade being a failed clone of Natsu makes me wonder if Natsu had blond hair before he was revived by Zeref.
I don't know. I always thought Natsu having pink hair was like when Wendy's turned pink after eating etherion particles. Had something to do with END.

I think once we learn of the next volume's theme. We might could predict something to parallel Reisha's fake death.



.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
I think once we learn of the next volume's theme. We might could predict something to parallel Reisha's fake death.
Vol 61 is complete with 527 being the final chapter in it. It'll be 519 - 527. Gildarts, August, Zeref, Natsu are givens to me. Cana and Acnologia might also be on there
 

Linali

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2015
Messages
1,097
Reaction score
7,292
Gender
Female
Country
Poland
It's okay at least you're helping and we should be grateful.
*

So there are any updates?
Thanks, I'm glad, that you appreciate it :D

Nothing yet, I just saw, that I forgot to add Siegrain's name, it was in the bracket next to Jellal's name, sorry :sweat "...her relationship with Jellal (Siegrain)...".
 

Raven

Registored User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 8, 2016
Messages
3,107
Reaction score
12,870
Age
32
Gender
Female
Country
Joker
Thanks, I'm glad, that you appreciate it :D

Nothing yet, I just saw, that I forgot to add Siegrain's name, it was in the bracket next to Jellal's name, sorry :sweat "...her relationship with Jellal (Siegrain)...".
So Natsu wasn't included?
 

Cat Sidhe26

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 12, 2015
Messages
7,294
Reaction score
16,204
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I don't know. I always thought Natsu having pink hair was like when Wendy's turned pink after eating etherion particles. Had something to do with END.

I think once we learn of the next volume's theme. We might could predict something to parallel Reisha's fake death.



.
I remember seeing a theory about Natsu's hair turning pink because of Natsu being in ethernano for along time due to Zeref trying to revive him. One thing I noticed about volumes 59, 60, and 61 they have from foreshadowing and/or subplot/plot points from volume 53 which does relate to the theme.


Volume 59 - Chapters 447, 448 and 453 - Makakrov's promise to protect the guild members no matter what it takes which was the first foreshadowed Makarov's death in this arc, Lucy foreshadowing someone dying which turned out to be Makarov, and Makarov's speech about being a parent which is the second time Makarov's death was foreshadowed in this arc.
Volume 60 - Chapters 452 and 453 - The Dragon King Festival being mentioned in Irene's backstory, Wendy's promise to protect Erza which foreshadowed Wendy protecting Erza from Irene and Lucy's talk about death flags foreshadowed Natsu almost dying.
Volume 61 - Chapters 451 and 453 - Mavis/Fairy Heart being mentioned, Natsu/E.N.D being mentioned and Gray using his trump card which turned out to be Lost Ice Shell.
Volume 62 ?????
 
Last edited:

Linali

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2015
Messages
1,097
Reaction score
7,292
Gender
Female
Country
Poland
So Natsu wasn't included?
He was, along with Jellal and Siegrain :) Erza's magic, relationship with Jellal/Siegrain and future relationship with Natsu wasn't decided, when Hiro introduced Erza to the story. But as barely anything was decided in Erza's case, I think those three? two? two and half? (not sure, how should I count Siegrain) are only examples.
 

Raven

Registored User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 8, 2016
Messages
3,107
Reaction score
12,870
Age
32
Gender
Female
Country
Joker
He was, along with Jellal and Siegrain :) Erza's magic, relationship with Jellal/Siegrain and future relationship with Natsu wasn't decided, when Hiro introduced Erza to the story. But as barely anything was decided in Erza's case, I think those three? two? two and half? (not sure, how should I count Siegrain) are only examples.
Well thanks god he didn't involve Natsu and Erza with any relation and developed Jellal and Erza instead.
 

Council (^^)/

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 7, 2016
Messages
179
Reaction score
121
Age
48
Country
Costa Rica
END rocking Dimaria we already knew of though bro @Asorx. We just now know he used his powers twice to break free and attack Dimaria, then to attack her again after seeing what she did to Lucy. Him breaking free of the magic sealing stones, it's same what kyoka did during Tartaros, curse power is still available to them, him breaking it with brute force ain't hard to believe either. More like why him or Gray can't check pluses lol. I wanna see Capricorn star dress too but he doesn't have powers so idk why kind of ability it will have. Killing enemies by reading poems to them, maybe.

"Mostly everything about Erza is recent made up" lmao that makes so much sense, no wonder her character is so broken. It's like and I'll be fair, Erza has a likable personality, sad but great and lit backstory, cool magic and clothing designs. But it's simply when Hiro wants to get by something impossible he uses her like Goku and I hate that. Hiro recently making stuff up is probably a tactic he used on August (smh rip) to get him to not die by dumb shit like Cana beating him.... but he still ended up dying by dumb shit lol. It has worked though with Erza with the stuff I pointed out besides her whack ass fights and small menial character flaws that tentaimaho mentioned that was accurate, but every character has them. In regards to Acnologia, Hiro should of clarified why he couldn't smell her. Most of us guessed it's caused of the enchantment Zeref used on her to shape her into a human but it's still not clear.

This line is funny as shit though:



So basically Natsu could of been what Jellal is to Erza in the story and vice versa with Jellal as Natsu... think about this real quick. Natsu would of been Jellal in the "kiss scene" with Erza, Natsu would of been saved by Kagura in her cpr scene, and Jellal would be more around and less MIA and even might have something with Lucy. Lol, @Council (^^)/ might really be onto something :facepalm
END rocking Dimaria we already knew of though bro @Asorx. We just now know he used his powers twice to break free and attack Dimaria, then to attack her again after seeing what she did to Lucy. Him breaking free of the magic sealing stones, it's same what kyoka did during Tartaros, curse power is still available to them, him breaking it with brute force ain't hard to believe either. More like why him or Gray can't check pluses lol. I wanna see Capricorn star dress too but he doesn't have powers so idk why kind of ability it will have. Killing enemies by reading poems to them, maybe.

"Mostly everything about Erza is recent made up" lmao that makes so much sense, no wonder her character is so broken. It's like and I'll be fair, Erza has a likable personality, sad but great and lit backstory, cool magic and clothing designs. But it's simply when Hiro wants to get by something impossible he uses her like Goku and I hate that. Hiro recently making stuff up is probably a tactic he used on August (smh rip) to get him to not die by dumb shit like Cana beating him.... but he still ended up dying by dumb shit lol. It has worked though with Erza with the stuff I pointed out besides her whack ass fights and small menial character flaws that tentaimaho mentioned that was accurate, but every character has them. In regards to Acnologia, Hiro should of clarified why he couldn't smell her. Most of us guessed it's caused of the enchantment Zeref used on her to shape her into a human but it's still not clear.

This line is funny as shit though:



So basically Natsu could of been what Jellal is to Erza in the story and vice versa with Jellal as Natsu... think about this real quick. Natsu would of been Jellal in the "kiss scene" with Erza, Natsu would of been saved by Kagura in her cpr scene, and Jellal would be more around and less MIA and even might have something with Lucy. Lol, @Council (^^)/ might really be onto something :facepalm
Very interesting, well, I suppose August had to work a little harder in his fight against Gildarts and Cana, and not play with them like a little boy and to fill up, he died without his mother and father knowing about his existence.
I suppose that Acnologia did not perceive the smell of dragon of Irene, because the spell that used Zeref in her formed a species of armor that blocked its essence.
But how envious they are, because they can not admit that Erza is the main female protagonist.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Well thanks god he didn't involve Natsu and Erza with any relation and developed Jellal and Erza instead.
We do not yet know what kind of relationship they have, for me the relationship of Erza and Jellal remained in friendship and nothing more, and Natsu and Erza are in a secret love relationship. :)
 

darkenedreality

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2016
Messages
249
Reaction score
608
Age
36
Country
United States
Hiro did say he had no intention for a romantic relationship between Natsu and Lucy originally. So it's definitely possible Natza was a pathway he could have taken and considered if you combine the two afterwards. Seems like the only ships actually planned are Gajevy and Gruvia unless confirmed otherwise.
 

Raven

Registored User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 8, 2016
Messages
3,107
Reaction score
12,870
Age
32
Gender
Female
Country
Joker
Very interesting, well, I suppose August had to work a little harder in his fight against Gildarts and Cana, and not play with them like a little boy and to fill up, he died without his mother and father knowing about his existence.
I suppose that Acnologia did not perceive the smell of dragon of Irene, because the spell that used Zeref in her formed a species of armor that blocked its essence.
But how envious they are, because they can not admit that Erza is the main female protagonist.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

We do not yet know what kind of relationship they have, for me the relationship of Erza and Jellal remained in friendship and nothing more, and Natsu and Erza are in a secret love relationship. :)
Believe what makes you happy.
 
Last edited:

Council (^^)/

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 7, 2016
Messages
179
Reaction score
121
Age
48
Country
Costa Rica
Well I always shipped Jellal x Lucy as a crack ship of Elle x Sieghart. Plus they both have star magic.

But they..........

Never interact........
:emocat :scry

Whaaaaa!!!! :coffeeshock
Maybe edo-Lucy and edo-Jellal are a couple in Edolas, I do not know, but I have that impression.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Believe what makes you happy.
:D
 

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Maybe edo-Lucy and edo-Jellal are a couple in Edolas, I do not know, but I have that impression.
Well this is what edo Lucy is doing. :)
 
Top