Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
1. Neverland
2. Yuragi
3. Kimetsu
4. Spring Weapon
5. Ore Golazo
6. Love Rush
7. Amaglam
8. Demon's Plan
9. THE NEW BLEACH

Didn't read Takuan & Batsu or Boruto.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I caught with Kimetsu no Yaiba btw. Not sure what the hype is all about from you guys. The art is preeeetttyyy bad, Tanjirou is pretty basic and uninteresting and so are his companions. Also the comedy is horrendous. The most recent arc was really good though.

As for rankings really its just The Promised Neverland then everything else.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
1) Yuragi
2) Neverland
3) Spring Weapon
4) Kimetsu (mainly because I haven't caught up)
5) Love Rush/Ole Golazo (enjoyed enough to read from beginning-end)

6) the rest which I've dropped after 3 chapters, or didn't enjoy

Before Love Rush, I had a 4/4 perfect record of predicting survive series. Love Rush made it a 4/5 :(
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
1. Kimetsu no Yaiba
2. The Promised Neverland
3. Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
4. Spring Weapon No. 1
5. Love Rush
6. Ole Golazo
7. Amalgam of Distortion
8. Red Sprite
9. Demon's Plan

Didn't read Takuan.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
1. The Promised Neverland
2. Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
3. Ole Golazo
4. Kimetsu no Yaiba

====================== (everything from here on is unbearable)
5. Love Rush
6. Spring Weapon No. 1
7. Amalgam of Distortion
8. Red Sprite
9. Demon's Plan
 

HIGAN0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2016
Messages
743
Reaction score
1,880
Country
Eyrie
That reminds me, all the new 2016 series besides Spring Weapon have either found their place in the magazine or been cancelled by now. I'm curious how people would rank them, I think my ranking would be

1) Kimetsu
2) Neverland
3) Yuragi
4) Love Rush
5) Demon's Plan
6) Spring Weapon
7) Takuan and Batsu
8) Amalgam
9) Ole Golazo
10) Red Sprite

It's hard to compare Bort with the rest due to it being a naruto sequel, monthly, and it just adapting the movie so far but I guess it'd maybe be 5th or 6th if I had to put it somewhere.
1-Neverland
2-Yaiba
3-Yuragi
4-Spring Weapon No.1
5-Ole Golazo
6-Takuan and Batsu
7-Love Rush
8- Amalgam
9-Demon's Plan
10-Red Sprite
 
Last edited:

Kave

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
218
Reaction score
341
Country
Thailand
Kimetsu
Neverland
Takuan & Batsu
Ole Golazo
Yuragi
Spring Weapon
Boruto
Demon's Plan
Love Rush
Amalgam
Red Sprite
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Neverland
Takuan
Amalgam
Kimetsu
Spring Weapon
Demon's Plan
Red Sprite
Yuragi
Love Rush
Ole Golazo

Haven't actually read all of them so just based off either what I saw while flipping through to get to the stuff I actually like or if I managed to make my way through one or more chapters before wanting to gouge my eyes out.
 

Kadir0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2016
Messages
909
Reaction score
1,475
Country
The Wall
The Promised Neverland
The Promised Neverland
The Promised Neverland
The Promised Neverland

Everything else, i don't remember reading them.
 

DyanSon

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2017
Messages
367
Reaction score
134
Age
29
Country
Philippines
KnY that's all
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Pleasure isn't the only thing that brings pleasure, For some pain brings it.
It is called masochism and it is something pretty serious. :noworry
I only read what I like, manga is for entertainment mainly, discussion is in second place.

By the way, this rant is only possible because of piracy. You wouldn't spend your money in something just to continuously criticize it and don't enjoy it.
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It is called masochism and it is something pretty serious. :noworry
I only read what I like, manga is for entertainment mainly, discussion is in second place.
By the way, this rant is only possible because of piracy. You wouldn't spend your money in something just to continuously criticize it and don't enjoy it.
I buy like three different magazines for literally one series each, the rest of the series I either don't care about or actively dislike.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I buy like three different magazines for literally one series each, the rest of the series I either don't care about or actively dislike.
You are a rich guy, man... You should switch to volumes.
Also, you buy the magazines to read what you want and that's about it, not to read what you want and to vociferate on the internet about the other things. <_>
I know you don't like 僕が僕であるために from Gangan because you said you were not interested, but you didn't say it was trash and should be cancelled. Honestly, I respect you for keeping your composure. It lacks here...
 

Avok

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2015
Messages
477
Reaction score
363
Gender
Male
Country
Avatar
Ole Golazo and then everything else.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
The Promised Neverland and Love Rush were the only ones I read completely or is currently reading, so that's the one I put in my ranking. TPN is obviously the first although I'm going after a cheap way to buy Love Rush instead. hahaha
I have a collection of unfairly cancelled romances in Magico and Koisome Momiji, Love Rush is one more to add. xD
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
The Promised Neverland and Love Rush were the only ones I read completely or is currently reading, so that's the one I put in my ranking. TPN is obviously the first although I'm going after a cheap way to buy Love Rush instead. hahaha
I have a collection of unfairly cancelled romances in Magico and Koisome Momiji, Love Rush is one more to add. xD
I miss Magico. The epitome of comfy.
Hoping to see him return in the next few rounds.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Not the biggest Promised Neverland fan, seems like a circle jerk atm. I'll wait for the anime. Definitely KnY is #1 for me. It's nothing out of this world but is promising.
I caught with Kimetsu no Yaiba btw. Not sure what the hype is all about from you guys. The art is preeeetttyyy bad, Tanjirou is pretty basic and uninteresting and so are his companions. Also the comedy is horrendous. The most recent arc was really good though.

As for rankings really its just The Promised Neverland then everything else.
Art is improving. Tanjirou isn't uninteresting as he had some decent development & great backstory. What?! Zenitsu is great, he had a good spotlight during the spider arc. I do agree that Inosuke is pretty uninteresting and annoying at times. He could use more development. It would be funny to see him animated. I want to hear his muffled voice underneath that huge mask of his.

Factoring we're only like 54 chapters in, it's doing very well. Most of KnY's hype comes from it's potential (which could be a hit or miss) & the recent spider arc. The main cast is good too, it's just that Inosuke is slacking.
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
What series do you want me to out my curse on? Everyone new series I enjoy is a failure, and those I hate are successful.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top