Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
and speaking of the new Jump issue, there is a colored preview for Shimabukuro's new oneshot in it, look it up if you think black and white version wasn't disgusting enough :xp

remember when Toriko's fans were salty because "Jump demoted him to Saikyuu" now that you have seen his oneshot do you really think this is a WSJ type of series?
Can you post the color preview?

Most people were just confused because of ANN's poor reporting. I said it will be a one shot but others never believed me. Shimabu said he would do a one shot in April after Toriko's final CHP.

His previous one shot wasn't that good, the one with the gods. His comedy can be too bizzare, which is a hit or miss but seems like people in Japan like it. I just want him to create a series like Takeshi again. Toriko's problem was that characters for the most part were bland and underdeveloped which was weird since there was Midora who was clearly interesting and developed. It was weird and he can clearly flesh out characters well.

Takeshi had more potential than Toriko anyways. It could've been a huge hit especially for it's time.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
It was like 3 questions regarding MHA :facepalm I get it's a casual interview but for all that I hoped it would be something more interesting or more MHA focused. Shinsou gets an interesting development but when's Himiko...?
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Can you post the color preview?.
there's a reason I said look it up instead of posting it, i'm not sure about this site policy regarding posting nude characters

just imagine the ugly character from the previous black and white preview with human colored skin
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
"What event/chapter/character in a manga let you like it?"

Chunin Exam in Naruto, especially Temari and Shikamaru fight (event).

Water 7 saga in One Piece (event)

Saitama with hair(Kogarashi) in Yuragi, especially chapter 15, also boobs and butts (chapter).

Korosensei/Ryou for AssClass/Shokugeki (characters).
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
reading these viz interviews feels like watching that Fifa movie if you remember it

instead of making a movie about football they made a movie about the f***ing executives

this is the same shit, instead of the talking about the making manga process they're talking about the glorious editors help

anyhow, seeing all of these Hori's cps makes wanna see more manga drawn in his style, hopefully the assistants that did Imawa no Juukurou oneshot get his own series soon
That was pretty good,I'm pretty sure I have still open on one of my tabs. The art had character and charm that most series are missing.
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Viz better pick up the series next week. I don't want to wake up in a cold sweat and see We Can't Study...
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
For the people who have a ESJ subscription, how does the voting process work? Do the polling results directly decide what gets serialized? Also what did you guys vote for?
 

DyanSon

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2017
Messages
367
Reaction score
134
Age
29
Country
Philippines
Around 10-12 volumes of Heroaca have been in the top 500 since last Sunday (19th). It got a slight boost due to a special talk show program that aired in the Kansai region.
Hey that's a music in my ear too
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Just read the interview, please let it be a year of Mineta :ttgl
For the people who have a ESJ subscription, how does the voting process work? Do the polling results directly decide what gets serialized? Also what did you guys vote for?
You filled out a survey, which you vote for 4 series that you enjoyed from the current issue.

Normally I don't vote, but for the past ~8 weeks I told one of my friend to vote for ALL the Jump Start series. So here's what's my/my friend ballot looks like

We Can't Study, 3 other series
We Can't Study, U19, 2 other series
We can't Study, U19, Poro, 1 other series. We can't study Jump Start ended
.
.
Dr Stone, Robot x Laserbeam, 2 other series.

Voting sorta matters since recently they picked up TPN onward. They haven't picked up any new series after their Jump Start ended :/
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,294
Reaction score
7,324
Age
33
Country
Scotland
You pick the top 4 series you liked in order each week, and for Jump Starts they also ask you to rate them out of 10.

We don't know exactly how the poll results work out but they say most weeks on the podcast to make sure to vote if you want to see something serialised so I'd assume it's what they mainly base it on.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
esj add titles based on what their editor in chief, Andy, decides

and he make his decision based on "the people asked for it"

I don't know if that means the survey or the rating part or the questions' part or asking on social media
 

SkerllyFC

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2016
Messages
261
Reaction score
106
Age
31
Country
Dominican Republic
Someone translated U19 chapter 4
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Just read the interview, please let it be a year of Mineta :ttgl

You filled out a survey, which you vote for 4 series that you enjoyed from the current issue.

Normally I don't vote, but for the past ~8 weeks I told one of my friend to vote for ALL the Jump Start series. So here's what's my/my friend ballot looks like

We Can't Study, 3 other series
We Can't Study, U19, 2 other series
We can't Study, U19, Poro, 1 other series. We can't study Jump Start ended
.
.
Dr Stone, Robot x Laserbeam, 2 other series.

Voting sorta matters since recently they picked up TPN onward. They haven't picked up any new series after their Jump Start ended :/
Whats U19s ranking oh wise one?
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
YAY almost dead bottom.

But I want WCS 2nd chapter to be around that as well.
Somebody snitched so the higher up found out I leaked We Can't Study's ranking so now they give me a warning :feelsbadman:ck. If I keep leaking these rankings they will probably demote me out of my Editor in Chief position.

No more leaking ranking lol:hi.
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I prefer his other oneshot on Jump Plus

https://shonenjumpplus.com/episode/10833497643049549956

not because Imawa no Juukurou was bad but because I've already read many manga about commanding spirits before
I would rather have a board game jumanji-like manga
The concept and first few pages are great and engaging, but it keeps crashing my browsers. I'll have to check out the rest later somehow.

The art in RxL seems more refined than even later KnB. This chapter was well designed and paced, it alleviated some of my apprehension.
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
This weeks chapter of We can't study felt a little fast paced for some reason. I understand that they have to show there actually progressing within the confines of the "studying" part of the plot but this chapter just seemed to have come way sooner then it probably should have.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
The Promised Neverland had a hell of a chapter this week... I think now they cannot delay the escape anymore. First place in the poll for me most likely. After the chapter I though "I have to have this on my shelf". Two questions though: when VIZ will release the volumes? They cover will be as well designed as the Japanese ones? I will make my decision in the future. For now I will enjoy it weekly.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top