Marvel Comics Discussion Thread!

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Try reading Planet Hulk instead, Boff. It's better than Civil War. Or try Green Lantern series, it's real good. :D
 

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

I'm a big Green Lanturn fan and happy they revived him... speaking of revivals

They just killed off the "new" flash named Bart in Flash 13 and brought back the... not so new flash Wally in Justice Leage 10... Ok Flash history is very confusing at times. The orginal Flash hasn't died, the second Flash has. The third Flash has seemingly died 2-3 times and while his lastest "death" was during the Infinity Crisis against the homocidal Superboy Prime he somehow took his family with him >.>. He didn't "die" alone as he and Impulse (prodigy Flash from the future who become New Flash) both transported Superboy Prime into the Speed Force. Well during IC Superboy Prime escaped followed closely by Bart wearing the Flash costume. After the end of the Infinity Crisis Bart just become the new Flash.

He had his own personal series which I thought was really good. But now he's dead and his mentor has been brought back to life -_-"

Ghost Rider is cool imo,

Oh how could I forget Sensational Spiderman xD gogogogo read it now. Even if you don't know that titles past its all good stuff and is easy to jump into.

Ultimate and Amazing (wow three spidey books in one day o.O) are both decent, nothing amazing, unlike Sensational which is real good right now.
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Yeah, i read that too, manu.
I went, "WTF?!!!" when i read Flash #13. And then i went "WTFF?!!!" when i read JLA #10. And did you notice what Starman (the looney guy in Donna Troy's costume) said when he saw Wally? Is DC trying to make a crisis an annual event?
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Flash
So is flash dead or did they bring hi8m back? I'm confused???
 

qwan3356

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2006
Messages
1,080
Reaction score
24
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Flash
The new Flash "Bart Allen" is dead! (I liked Bart he had hope)
The Flash before him Wally West is Back!
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

What????

I completely agree about the new one.

WTF??? That makes no sense, and
his last moments were so heroic too =(, Wally died killing a damn Superman, I really liked Impulse, he's the reason I got into Flash and DC, his comics were awesome when I first started reading.
 

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Yes I agree Bart Allen is pimpest Flash of them all. Wally West didn't deserve to die I suppose and having 3 flashes would have been akward but them the breaks for Bart Allen fans.
 

Sai

THE MH FOODIE
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Tech
Joined
Jan 31, 2006
Messages
2,916
Reaction score
2,205
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Some thoughts for today's DC releases....

Sinestro Corp!!! Wow, I did not see that end coming at all....I was very pleased with what happened I jsut hope that...

kyle doesn't stay Parallax for a long time like Hal did before

Countdown is running smoothly, but nothing really to talk about for me there.

Teen Titans is okay, didn't care too much for the Amazon's Attack Tie in since I dont care much for that even in general. But, I do look forward to Teen Titans 50!!!

NEW LINEUP BABY!!! BLUE BEETLE AND SUPERGIRL WILL BE ON THE TEAM!!!

Lastly, I love Jaime Reyes! He is jsut such an awesome teen superhero without being too emo.
 

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

anyine besides me here who reads star wars legacy?
 

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

anyine besides me here who reads star wars legacy?
>.> I guess not?


Oh and Sinestro Corps was amazing. I mean... I love Hal and all but he's f'd if he has to fight them all on his own. Though I wouldn't mind seeing him break a sweat once and a while =P

It was kinda dissappointing no real Hulk stories. Well X-men is getting interesting. I mean the whole Endangered Species cross over has got me worried about some characters.
 

qwan3356

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2006
Messages
1,080
Reaction score
24
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Yea Manu, i think Hal is really F'd too, if he has to go at them all alone.
The sinestro crops is awesome thou, they grabbed the baddest of the bad at that, they have
Freaking Superboy Prime, and Parallox(that took over Kyle)
 

Sai

THE MH FOODIE
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Tech
Joined
Jan 31, 2006
Messages
2,916
Reaction score
2,205
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Yea Manu, i think Hal is really F'd too, if he has to go at them all alone.
The sinestro crops is awesome thou, they grabbed the baddest of the bad at that, they have
Freaking Superboy Prime, and Parallox(that took over Kyle)
You also forget about...

THE ANTI-MONITOR!!!!!!!!! I wonder how theyre going to explain his existence to us
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece

Siru

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2006
Messages
125
Reaction score
0
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Anyone here a fan of the Street Fighter II comic series? I was thinking of getting into them.
 

darth ares

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 28, 2006
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Philippines
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Amazons Attack, yet another fail, if not for the great art and the bewbs I wouldnt bother with it...
I love how they depowered Superman in Amazons Attack... how he failed to catch every bullet fired from a couple of feet away from him, while back when he had just recovered his powers after the IC, he caught a bullet fired from a much closer distance at Olsen while he was several hundred metres away.

as for Bart Allen
he will probably come back in the "Final" Crisis next May
 
Last edited:

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

as for Bart Allen
he will probably come back in the "Final" Crisis next May
lols, you're being optimistic. I mean look at Black Adam, he could have made an awesome comeback but they just... gave up on him. DC just seems to hate some characters more then others.
 

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

I really really doubt it. Of all people I would expect you to read Runaways. I mean seriously if Parker does kill him then there would be no continuency between the titles. Sorry but them the facts of life and well... comics.

Though now that I think about it Kingpin was 100% unscratched in Runaways... I doubt Peter left him without broken bones and Kingpin doesn't have any powers... wellits up in the air I suppose.
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Why do you assume Runaways happens after Spidey??
 

wrstljr

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
198
Reaction score
28
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

He should...he won't but he should. Kingpin has been and always will be a first class d-bag...he doesnt even have the little sidestories that make him seem like a decent human being.

Spidey won't do it though, he's too good of a person. It would be nice if someone else did (Punisher, Wolverine, Deadpool, anyone willing to use leathal force(wait does Deadpool even still kill people?)).

And I've heard a lot of good things about runaways...should I pick it up?
 
Top