Marvel Comics Discussion Thread!

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

I read all of the release so far, even army @ love :D

I hope there's gonna be a 12 issue mini about The All New Starjammers. I guess Havoc finally found his place now. He's too much like his dad compared to that creep brother of his who dumped Jean Grey for the white queen, can't blame him thoughCyclops. Too bad Rachel's gonna have a fling with Korvus now. :D
Yes, finally we'll get to see Bigby and Snow back in action. But who's gonna be minding the cubs? So, Fly's gonna use the armor and pull out excalibur? Awesome. I think he's gonna die, or wherever it is Fables go after they're killed by goblins.
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

They can't kill of Fly D: He's getting even more awesome now. D: And as for minding the cubs, there's always aunt Red and uncle Blue...

Ahhh yeah. He's a whoel lot better than Cyclops, true enough. LOL Another title with New will have people rolling their heads again. But I wouldn't mind.

The only thing bothering me is Rachel and Korvus. NO. NO. NO. The poor Nightcrawler already had his heart broken too many frikkin' times. This just isn't fair D:
 

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Um about Uncanny
Didn't the Wolverine clone/wannabe say something about Marvel Girl only connecting with the alien on a physical level. She cant really communicate with him and you can see that their relationship is a bit shaky.

But at least now that Xavier is retconned back on earth we know that Hulk now has a chance to cripple him ^^. Wouldn't that be hilarious, after all the changes Charles has gone throught the Hulk just goes and breaks his back.... (goes skipping in lala land.)
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Um about Uncanny
Didn't the Wolverine clone/wannabe say something about Marvel Girl only connecting with the alien on a physical level. She cant really communicate with him and you can see that their relationship is a bit shaky.

But at least now that Xavier is retconned back on earth we know that Hulk now has a chance to cripple him ^^. Wouldn't that be hilarious, after all the changes Charles has gone throught the Hulk just goes and breaks his back.... (goes skipping in lala land.)
XD You're so evil :p He wasn't even there to decide whether the Hulk should be sent off to space. XD

And Wolverine clone? o.O Do you mean...erm...that...guy. The younger brother of...that character who died in All New All Different X Men? XD Can't rmember. He does look like him. I seriously thought it was Wolvy at the start of this arc.

And yeah, I remember him saying that. But...what difference does it make D: She isn't going to be with Kurt in a long time, and anything can happen/develop T_____T

Anywho.

Exiles was a fun read. XD


OMG. Who's seen the previews to WWH? ZOMG. I'm spazzing so bad now. I didn't know I'd get this excited. o.O

SPIDEY SEEMS TO BE WITH TONY? o.O Eh?! Heck, even Luke Cage is there. So they actually do know Hulk's on his way, and have prepared, by fighting together? o.O

To be very honest, Tony looks bad ass in that giant suit of his. Is that what Hulkbusters look like? I've never seen 'em. And he gets bashed. OOOOH.

AAHHH


EEEHH.

Stop.
 
Last edited:

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Uh.. never saw the spoiler you saw...

But... Captain America 26 came out xD

I'm not sure who I want to kill Stark the most. There are just so many badasses that would totally be fit for the job.... There's Wolverine, Hulk, and now
Winter Solider!!

Countdown is kinda interesting too. But what has this been, Jimmy Olsen's umpteenth power boost? Oh and a certain Kandaqian is back... (giggle)
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Peter wants to kill Stark too, he's just distracted by Fisk at the moment.

You're completley right though.. I really think the next HUGE event Marvel should have would have to be the death of Tony Stark for all his crimes, and at the end of it, the heroes realize they don't feel any better and it was all for naught.

Then Marvel turns emo for the next 20 years =D Till you know.. Wanda brings Steve and Tony back or something XD


AAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURGH
What garbage, WHAT UTTER GARBAGE

Now Tony has adamantium needles to neutralize the hulk. Wow, just fucking wow, let's take the most important/strongest character in the current universe and make him have a weakness that a simple nameless footsoldier can use against him.

Just wow

She-hulk is garbage, first she sleeps with Tony, and now this, just garbage it has replaced my most despised marvel title from Black Panther.
 
Last edited:

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

I refuse to read anymore she-hulk thats for sure. I think the "creative" team just doesn't love their series as much as they should. I mean please at least try to make the series be about She-Hulk and not just... Hulk's cousin.

Plus any supposed "strategy" Iron Man has for the Hulk is probably not going to work so don't worry. Hulk's immune system can fight any toxins or disease, his rage and spiritual traing from his crew protects him from any telepaths (i'm looking at you Xavier) and his body can constantly regenerate and he can absorb all kinds of radiation, meaning lasers and bombs wont work (sucks to be you Ironman)

Really I think only Mr. Fantastic has a shot of stopping the Hulk. Not his superpower of stretchablity, just the fact that he's been in contact with so many stronger bad guys. I mean seriously at one point he actually had the universe in his hands (way to overpower him Marvel.)

What I'm most looking forward too in Hulk titles is how Tony thinks Abomination can stop the Hulk this time since those two have been fight forever and when Bruce Banner takes back control of his body.
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Well Black Panther kicked Silver Surfer's ass for the second time this week, so I'm sure a small differential in power such as the one between hulk and abom is no big prob for the writers
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

I loathed this week's She-Hulk. Besides the fact that the art looks like Archie comics, the storyline is killing me. Jen Walters is so much more bad assed than She-Hulk herself, to be honest.

I'm only reading She-Hulk so I could complete my WWH 'mics >.> After that, I'm done.

I throughly enjoyed Cap America #26. I think this title's got a lot of potentials, despite Steve's death. And hey, I think his death would bring more intereted readers to his book. Cap's books never really made it as big as other titles the past few years, save for that Winter Soldier arc, and maybe, now this.

BUUUUUUUUUAH! BUCKY WINTER SOLDIER KICKS ASS. XD Ahiiihii. I liked how he had tears in his eyes after that bar fight. And yay! More Falcon!

And Cap....pooooor Cap. :s I'm kinda hoping they used whatever happened to him as an excuse to bring him back in the future >.>

And Winter Soldier wanting to kill Stark is fun. Heh. I like. Oh, and Tony just blowing off the live interview was...hrm. Don't ask, but it really felt like watching something political, or whatever >.> Like Danny Rand said. You almost feel sorry for him, then you remember all that he did, and wonder whether.

Bah. He probably really felt like blowing up anyway. Anywho.

X Men #199...

I'm not as confused as I was last month. And Rogue's new powers are geting creepier and creepier. :s Iceman and Mystique. Now that's what shocked me. XD Oh well. Polaris left him for Alex, so....oh well. XD

And...I still really have no idea what's going on. But I can't wait for next month's issue :D 200!!!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAH THIS. IS. XMEEEEEEEN!!!! *stabs*

Okay.
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

X-Men #199
Bobby & Mistique? Eeew! He was all over Rogue and now he got a thing for her "mother"? eeew. just eew. That's almost as worse as sleeping with Tony Stark. :D

Cap #26
It'd be cool if either Winter Soldier or Green Scar can really finish Tony Stark just in time before his movie is released. Bucky said he's different with Cap (just before the barfight started) could it be a small clue on him replacing Cap (but with cooler costume)? Winter Solder for Captain America!!! :yelling
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

I second Winter Soldier for cap! I've been a supporter since the death.

[dz]THIRDED! :D[/dz]
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

It was alright. We get to know more of their names, so that's cool. Danni's awesome (as always). Nothing in here could bore me, though. So I'm stuck with this title, through and through. :D

One thing that bothers me is that Hardball calls Abby by name. :s Huh?

R.I.P Sal Kennedy. He didn't deserve that as much as I hated him for what he said to Hill >.>

But here's what I think:

I don't think Stark can get hurt any more than he can now. Seriously. He may have won the war, he may have gotten control if S.H.I.E.L.D and all that. But he's lost SO much now. And that's all his fault. Which is why I don't hate him as much as all of you. XD Though, I do still hate him for all he's done, just not...wanting him to die. XD

He's lost his best friend, Happy. Then he lost his 'brother', Cap. Now, he's lost his father figure. Oh, and the girl he apparently has fallen in love with. LAWL. Bye, Maya.

Still feel more sorry for Sal than Stark, though. Anywho. Maya's gone to the dark side. LAWL. XD

ZOOMMMG. I KNEW HE WAS ALIVE. Well, of bloody 'course he was alive. But I wish they wouldn't make him evil :s

He was already turning into a new leaf when we last saw him in New Avengers. And also before that in House of M.

Actuall,y he's been good for more than five years now! :yelling He was the only mutant who hasn't done anything worth noting as 'evil' since! I want him good T_T I want the Magneto I read, who was hiding behind the scenes with Prof. X during that X'Mas X Men special.

Ohh...and MORLOCKS. YAYS! But nOES! Poor Leech D:

T'was okay, though I was confuzzled a bit. Not much happening, I think. But I always thought Michael Pointer was Canadian :s Guess I was wrong...

I feel bad for him. Neither side would accept him now. The human community blames him for the deaths caused, not to mention the deaths of almost all of Alpha Flight. And eevn the superhero community hates him. Heck, Logan too.

What sickens me is that most of these superhumans have been scorned by humans for doing something they didn't mean, and now they're doing the same thing to someone who never meant it at all. Anywhoooooo...

All in all, whatever is happening right now, I blame Wanda :p Directly, or indirectly, she 's responsible for almsot everything (if not everything) happening. XD

So yay! Let's blame Wanda for everything we love (or in some of your cases, hate) about Marvel the past three years! WHEEEE <3

That said, when are we seeing her again?

Oh yeah! XD I forgot. She's gonna be in that Mystic Arcana arc, right? :D
 
Last edited:

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

You have less hate for Tony Stark? Marvel hype promo for the movie finally got you, DZ! I'm afraid you're infected beyond any cure or medication. Great Lakes Avengers/X-Men/Defenders/Champions! Get her!!! :yelling
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

I CAN'T HELP IT! :yelling

Iron Man was my favourite Avenger back in the day! Even before Wonder Man XD What can I do about it? XD Avengers were my frist heroes, even longer before X Men, and you know that. :p

I STILL HATE HIM FOR WHAT HE'S DONE! :p But hate him far less than you all do. :p Though, I'd still like to see Hulk Smashing.

Plus, Maria Hill is still my favourite.


Oooh, and one more thing that I want to say that I hated in Iron MAn:

Hill's face gets smashed. >_> Again. Geez. Oh well. At least Stark had the decency to help her up D:
 
Last edited:

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Wasn't last month the start of World War Hulk?

Sorry just feeling a bit lied too.
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

The prologue, at least. Though the issue's previews have been out for almost a month XD Technically, WWH has sort of started due to She-Hulk.

But the title itself is coming out...er. This month, or next? :s I totally fogot...


ZOMG

I read it twice, and it was only until I read wikipedia, that I realised Sofia was Wnd Dancer! HOLY SHIT!

HOYL EFFING SHIT.

YES.YES.YES.YES. <3 SHE'S ALIIIIVE. Oh noes. Poor X-23. And wtf. Beak! BEAKKK! Barnel! Holy holy. AHHAH. I'm spazzing so badly. XD I'm gonna love this.

And WTF?! Night Trasher? Though it probably isn't really him...or something. I wanna know what happened to Angel and her kids.
Holy hell. XD

Yeah, new title to continue. :D
 
Last edited:

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

I agree its pretty cool to see some old school Xs back.

X-23? I never say here... oh do you mean about the whole Hellion love triangle? Bleh I don't really care for that. Also I don't think Sofia and Beak ever EVAR talked to each other. Sofia was one of the New X-men and Beak was apart of Xorn's special ED muties.

I can't believe Black Adam was just "sorry" for no freakin explaination.
It was pretty obvious that his word was something like that, I said "forgive" but I wanted to see some sort of story where they should BA's love for humanity. Well anyways Black Mary (is that what we call her?) is HAWT!


Detective comics ftw

Consitently best read evar
 
Last edited:

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

I agree its pretty cool to see some old school Xs back.

X-23? I never say here... oh do you mean about the whole Hellion love triangle? Bleh I don't really care for that. Also I don't think Sofia and Beak ever EVAR talked to each other. Sofia was one of the New X-men and Beak was apart of Xorn's special ED muties.
I'm a girl. XD I can't help but look for stuff like that. But yeah. As a huge New X Men fan (and all the other X-titles, I'm seriously gonna enjoy this book.

And yeah, I didn't think Sofia would be friends with Beak. But then, everyone knows each other in the mansion. Plus, wasn't Beak in the Flight Class? And Angel too. Though, I'm shocked with the new appearance of Beak.

Civil War: Frontlines showed him having a big nose, sort of jsut like his beak. Then again, almost everyone in Frontlines looked like that. Distorted body and blah. I hated it. XD Then again, that's me.
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

So are the NW all going to be like Sofia?

I didn't really ever read NW before so I dunno how I feel about.. those kind of heroes.
quite honestly, it's turning a bit too DC/Batman for my taste with Winter Soldier, Hawkeye, Ronin (Hawkeye), half the batshit insane anti-reg powerless humans: Punisher etc.. I always found Batman's presence as the "human hero" to be overdone at times with 3 different robins, 2 catwomans, a batgirl and a nightwing etc..

I'm kind of more interested by mildly powerful, but creative new teams now like Runaways, Initiative, and maybe even the new Champions that Tony put together for the west coast.

So anyone else see the preview for the next Initiative?

is Hardball really going to turn all Speedball god-mode and take on the Hulk? This is getting annoying, he got scrubbed by Ben this issue, and over the course of some weeks he's mastered his powers?

But whatever, I really enjoyed the Warmachine/Spiderman exchange this issue, I hope we get more of that soon.

I read an issue of Countdown on a whim
Disappointed Black Adam gave it up... He came out of nowhere and became my favorite character just as quickly as I got to know him. Now he's just a shmoe.. but a shmoe that's not in jail, which confuses me to no ends.

W/e more tightly clad chicks with super duper powers and skirts that show their camel toes yaaay!/sarcasm
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Ms. Marvel just cracks the bloody shit out of me. Can't stop laughing.


http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/June07/previews/june_13th.html

WWH HULK PREVIEWS O_O

IM SPAZZING SO BAD.

ERhm. *cough*

I'm spazzing so bad.

But yes. Apparently, all the heroes are back together and no mentions of their rift seems to be made. But, then again, when a big green guy is about to smash your planey, who really needs a war started amongst them?
 
Last edited:
Top