Marvel Comics Discussion Thread!

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Amazing is looking good, hopefully (yea right) he goes through on the last panel.

Nova is getting better and better,
he doesn't get to fight Tony.. yet, but he does get to meet the Thunderbolts and choose sides!

Oh how the anti-reg could use a guy like Nova.. especially with the crazy upgrades.

New X-men
I have no clue what's going on, but I'm liking it, I'm liking new x-men again.

I feel kind of dirty and ashamed because I think goat-girl is hot.. Aside from that, very cool read. Never knew Collosus's family was so important! (now in 2 x-titles)
 

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

I honestly cant believe that I'm about to say this...

READ THIS MONTH'S BLACK PANTHER!!!

Did you look at the spoiler before reading BP, then shame on you. Moving on in the end of the chapter the Fantastic Four get transported to a skrull like world where MARVEL ZOMBIES GALACTUS shows up. The reason i'm so exicted is because this is the first definate crossover between the 616 universe and the Ultimate universe. Well kinda... the Zombie universe is actually spawning off of the Fantastic Fours contact with Zombie Fantastic Four but thats good enough for me =D

Nova is definately an interesting read and same for New X-men. As for NA, Ronin is...
Hawkeye >.>, couldn't they have done a better job?

Countdown as started, the only thing that has me excited about it is the fact that Jason Todd stars in it. For those of you who don't know that name or are wondering how the hell Jason Todd came back from the dead... Read Batman goddamn it! Its a great story and I can't do it justice trying to summarize it. Anyways just know that Jason Todd, aka The Red Hood,
was Batman's second Robin who had a mean streak and was brutally murdered with a stick by the Joker. He died in Earth 1 but in another Earth he didn't. Though after his funeral the live Jason Todd of another Earth was switched by the dead Jason thanks to Superman cheating death and messing the fabric of the universe. Being 6 feet under in a coffin he went insane and dug himself out. When he got out and saw that Batman hadn't avenged his death he went on as a mad vigilante in gotham killing the bad guys like the Punisher. Then he forced Batman into a situation of killing Jason to save the Joker or let Jason kill the clown. Of course Jason didn't really die and now he's one of Bats bad guys.

This weeks comic month was good I'd have to say xD
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

NO F*ING WAY GO READ BLACK PANTHER RIGHT NOW

This single issue redeems every crappy/shitty issue of that horrible HORRIBLE series..
although ultimate tie-ins are bound to suxxorzz... more timeline continuity issues plz <3
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

OMFG. YOU JUST STOLE MY WORDS.

YOU FRIKKIN WORDS STEALER. :p

GOOD GOD. XD

I mean. I read the upcoming summaries for the series, but once again, it slipped my mind! I read Black Panther with intentions of stopping it (I totally forgot about the upcoming arc >.>), but HOLY HELL.

AHAHAHHAHA.

YAYAYAYAYYA! I was seriously hating T'Challa with all my lovable Storm loving heart, but YAY!

YAY!

The title is finally going to redeem itself with Marvel Zombies. OH YAY! YAY! <3 I am sooo totally happy. I can't stop spazzing. XD

AHAH. Honest to God, I would have spoiled all of you way back if I remembered to, but, it slipped my mind. And now...I'm. So. HAPPY.

Hell yeah.

I hope the T'Challa of that world steals 616's T'Challa's place >.> *aherm* HELL. YESH.

I can't stop spazzing.

But I'm still sad that you both stole my thunder D:



...

:hug


...

Okay.

I think I want to CRY now.

>.> I need new glasses, maybe. I clicked on the NA spoiler and I think I just want to bang my head against the wall. Right before I posted whatever I posted above, the download to NA was completed and I was totally psyched upon finally finding out who Ronin is.

And I spoiled myself.

God help me I don't do the same for any more movies T_T

...


AUGH. I just need to kick my head right now.
 
Last edited:

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Yea.. don't worry about it, I did the same thing on another forum... I clicked on a NA spoiler and..

yea, my head is similarly brazen
However that is unimportant because I have finals and papers to write so yay! Fight through the pain! =/
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Oh, and I just read Thunderbolts now. I swear, this title has me lovin' it every time I read it.

New characters popping up everywhere. Which makes me wonder. Just how many of the people in that world has powers which are not related the x-gene? Seriously. Almost everyone with powers after House of M were due to 'happy accidents'.

Confuzzling, but still fun. I like these anti-heroes, because, in a sense, they truly are anti-heroes.


Yea.. don't worry about it, I did the same thing on another forum... I clicked on a NA spoiler and..

yea, my head is similarly brazen
However that is unimportant because I have finals and papers to write so yay! Fight through the pain! =/
Aww, that totally sucks D:

Good luck on them!


Whhheeee!

Reading NA now.
Luke's baby is bloody adorable. I can't help but squirm in my seat and dream about squishing that baby <333

[edit]

And yeah, I sorta agree with manu about this. I mean, Hawkeye was one of the contenders for Ronin when everyoe was speculating about it the moment he reappeared. But yeah, still nice to know he's finally up and about from sleeping with Wanda.

And is it me, or was Jessica Drew totally uncomfortable when Dr. Strange did that abra cadabra thing to find out if everyone was pure? Is he having seconds thoughts about HYDRA and all? o.O

[edit]

Holy FRICK. Maya.

Nooooes T^T
 
Last edited:

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

But yeah, still nice to know he's finally up and about from sleeping with Wanda.
Hahahaha.. so true yet so wrong.. yet so true!
Poor Spiderman, Spider-woman and Dr Strange, no healing power/invulnerability for you against the ninja katanas..
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Just recommending all the Forgotten Realms: Legend of Drizzt comics here - from Homeland to Exile to Sojourn to Crystal Shard to the current series, Streams of Silver: each series are three issues, and the art's great, and they all follow the original story faithfully.

For all the people who are too lazy to read R.A. Salvatore's novels (or better yet, HAVE read them), what are you waiting for? This is your chance to read about the coolest fantasy character ever :D


Nova 2 disappointed me a bit... because I wanted Nova to kick Tony's iron behind to the Negative Zone already XD

But the crazy thing is I think after reading Annihilation, Nova has already shot up to being one of my top five fave Marvel characters. I hope he doesn't stay on the Initiative side, and I think the writers are definitely steering him into being Anti-Registration.
 
Last edited:

Venom65437

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

I need my comics to get here this month already!!!
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

I can't stop laughing my ass of at Mighty Avengers. I don't know why.

GOD. Pym gets caught with his boxers only, with Tigra. And lazers pointed at him. I can't stop laughing at it.

It's just...so...stupid. o.O I don't know why. It's less like Jen sleeping with Tony, but much more than...well...something. Can't explain.

This issue is just weird.

And everything I read Ares, all I can think of is "THIS IS SPAAARTAAAA!" but anywho. Tigra scares the bloody shit out of me, 'nuff said.

But I'm liking the thought bubbles, even if it seems to be slowing down, or destroying the momentum (if there was any). I'm still laughing though.

More Maria Hill scenes.

I like.

Her bumping her head was kinda sad, but still amused me to no ends, though. >.> And just how overpowered is The Sentry exactly? I want someone weak D: Maybe that's why it's fun to read Initiative.

...

Oh wait. Still reading it.

AUGH. Maria Hill is knocked out D:

...

o.o

LOL

I don't know if I'm even supposed to be laughing, or the fact that this issue is ridiculously funny. I like it XD

Will edit this once I'm done.

[edit]

OMFG

I didn't know SHE was level 10? Black Widow POWAR! But seriously. This dude says that Nick was the only level 10 agent he's heard of. But isn't Daisy Johnson one as well? Geez. Give that teen some credit.

[edit]

WTF. I know alot of people will say tht random silliness and humour destroy comics, but they do make me laugh. That said, HAHAHAHHA. WTF! Ares with a heart smiley right after Natasha gives orders. WTF. XD

I digress, though.

What is going on with this title? o.O


Um whsat? o________________O

He is SO not dead. o.O WTF. Continuity errors piss me off so much. I mean, he's definitely alive for the Hulk to bash his freakin' Iron head.

Grrr. Hate. Continuity. Errors.
 
Last edited:

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Don't worry DZ, Sakaarson will get him!
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

clonez DZ.. mark my disqusting words... clonez...

[dz]God forbid D:[/dz]
 
Last edited by a moderator:

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Its not a continuity error, its a plot device. 'Cuz obviously Tony never dies since he's been shown in Fallen Son. And issue 2 of that proved that Tony and everyone of team Mighty Avengers survive their first crisis. Speaking of Fallen Son, this issue also proves that Hawkeye definately won't be going public for long. He handled Hawkeye just the way I thought and at least we know he definately wont be Captain America. Makes me wonder if Tony wants to be Captain just to handle his grief. I mean he is "acceptance" and we saw a pic of him holding the shield.

Oh and Ultimates 13 came out >,<
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Ultimates 13 was good, not great, def not worth the wait, but I'm still definately buying the volume when it comes out. Because honestly, no matter how much you hate the delays, as a collection it is still an incredible (albeit leftist =@) view of the world told through superheroes that I just love.

Fallen son was... I didn't like it.. I just didn't, I don't really have any justification for it. Then again I don't really like Hawkeye as Ronin either. Now he's just going to be Deadpool without the witty banter, healing powers and awesomeness.. Just you wait, he'll pick up a machine gun sooner or later just as a "joke" (that no one will laugh at) so all the fanboys can be like ZOMG DID YOU SEE A SHARPSHOOTER/SNIPER KILL PEOPLE WITH A GUN? THAT'S INCREDIBLE?!?!?!?!?!

... yea.. incredible, I should make a comic about me using a fork, to eat my steak with.
gold
 

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Hmm, y'know I really doubt that anybody actually reads Captain America. If you don't, can't say I blame you, it was really good. So yes Captain America needs a tribute, but Fallen Son just seems like a mini series that actually has nothing to do about Captain America, its more Avengers showcasing.
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

... yea.. incredible, I should make a comic about me using a fork, to eat my steak with.
gold
*snort* XD

manu: I didn't really read Captain America, either. I read the Civil War issues, but that's it. But it is a good book. I also read the previous issues with Bucky, and the writing's top-notch, so I'm definitely continuing.

Plus, people like Agent Carter and Falcon need definite screen-time. Oh, plus, more Bucky. XD

And you're right, Fallen Son is more like an Avengers showcasing. It doesn't really reflect on Cap, but on what the others were going through following his burial :s Course, maybe that's why I like it ('ive been getting obsessed with Avengers for a while now), but it would still be nice to see stuff on Cap...

I just woke up now, so I hven't read Fallen Son or anything else other than Mighty Avengers. XD So I'll edit this post once I'm done :D
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Everyone should read Captain America, it's Ed Brubaker and the art is just awesome!

I didn't really like Ultimates 13.
I know we got to see that multiple joint pages, but the story is too much like the ending of a B-movie. Millar could've done better, but i guess he must be busy with another war.
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Uncanny X Men is depressing me D:

AUGH. I HATE THIS. How could this frkkin' happen?! I've been waiting for months for them to return to Earth, and now Rachel isn't even coming back?! GRAAAAH. And...AND.

How could they kill of Corsair? D: This is randomly annoying. I jsut want Rachel back, goddamn it.

PFFFT.

So...is this arc over, or what? Who's the focus going to be on, now?
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

I just had to click the spoiler when it's nearly finished on my download....

Next issue of Uncanny is them against the Morlocks. Guest starring: a certain weather goddess.
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Ah, yeah I jsut saw the last page now XD

Tsk tsk. We ought to have this small animal next to our pc to bite us whenever we click on spoilers. XD

And yeay! Storm!

...

God. I'm pissed still, though. D: Which titles will Rachel be appearing then? Or will this be an off-panel kinda thing D: Or will there be changes in team rosters again? D: UGH.

But yay! Morlocks and Storm! I'll bet Mags is leading them. I mean, Calliban's in the X-Cell group, right?

Or maybe some mutants that haven't been on screen in a while.

!!! AWESOME! XD

The Foresworn Knight is Sir Lancelot! Or did we already know that? Still, sooo hooootttt :drool AND Frau Tautenkinder is freakin' brilliant. BRILLIANT.

And Bigby and Snow will finally join in on the waaaaaar. Or will they? EEK!

I can't wait!


*randomly tosses a chair*

I STILL WANT RACHEL WITH NIGHTCRAWLER, GOD FREAKING DAMN IT.
 
Last edited:
Top