Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
The bestest case scenario can become the worst case scenario if they don't choose a good writer, it happens sometimes.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
I just realized eldlive already finished airing

the manga didn't get any increase in sales and I doubt studio clown will touch it again

gonna be interesting seeing what will Amano do now, will she stick with it or start something new

worst case scenario she ends it and start something in wsj that the fujos will keep alive
best case scenario she keeps doing it
bestest case scenario she ends it and start a new manga by teaming with a writer
YES! Her art is so wasted on her own stories...

On another note, have there been any mangaka like that though? Ones that find success with their own series, but then go on to only write/draw in a pair?
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
On another note, have there been any mangaka like that though? Ones that find success with their own series, but then go on to only write/draw in a pair?
Kentaro Yabuki (Black Cat) teams up and draw TLR/TLR Darkness, I worship this guy btw.
if you count light novel then Nisio Isin (Monogatari) teams up and write Medaka Box with another artist, then another one in Jump SQ.
Saeki Shun too if you count "doujinshi".

Tadahiro starts off as a pair, then go on and write/draw his own series.

Only Yabuki truly answer your question.
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
Kimetsu gets iOS icons & wallpapers on app Kisekae Jump as part of the 1st anniversary
 

Bigivelfhq

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2013
Messages
846
Reaction score
501
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Popular? This is an OUTSTANDING manga... It's beyond good... And the anime... Oh boy... The pump (if you're a sports kind of guy like I am) is fucking awesome.

I HIGHLY recommend it. To me, it only loses to Hajime no Ippo because it has Takamura...

And Takamura is the best character of all manga of all time. Period.
Yowamushi Pedal is good, but it isn't that outstanding like you make it out to be, but tastes I guess.

Hajime no Ippo is also not that amazing Sh*t that some people love to scream about, but it also pretty good.

The best character of a sport manga? hmm, never really thought about it, but out of my mind I would yes say Sakuragi Hanamichi from Slam Dunk! My favorite of the series was Mitsui though, for some reason he really got an impression out of me.
Best Character of all manga of all time. Wow, that is even harder, but I would say Luffy! Yep, Luffy from One Piece.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
you think authors can make an excuse for teenager to pilot giant mechas and fight angels but can't come up with an excuse for teens to drive cars?

Capeta recently ended after running in Monthly Shonen Magazine for +30 volumes
Shonen Ganga also had Run Day Burst which isn't as successful as Capeta but still had a good 3 years long run

it can work
Im confused with Mammo concept of teenager here. Is a 14 years old guy a teenager? Because in the States you can drive as soon as that age.
And 18 years? In Japan and majority of other countries people starts that year.

Note: the most popular manga ever, One Piece started with the character at with 17 years. I dont ser how start anyanime with characters with just 1year more change much.
 
Last edited:

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,296
Reaction score
7,332
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Seems like Rurouni Kenshin sequel got delayed until Summer, that's a bit of a shame but I suppose I'd rather not see Watsuki rush things.

On another JQ note, it seems like someone translated the first chapter of that Sherlock Holmes series by the St&rs writer, I completely forgot about that series. I'm surprised the guy never had another WSJ run despite his first series making it past a couple rounds to 39 chapter mark, I wonder if he just never tried for a second or didn't have any luck with his oneshots.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Yowamushi Pedal is good, but it isn't that outstanding like you make it out to be, but tastes I guess.

Hajime no Ippo is also not that amazing Sh*t that some people love to scream about, but it also pretty good.

The best character of a sport manga? hmm, never really thought about it, but out of my mind I would yes say Sakuragi Hanamichi from Slam Dunk! My favorite of the series was Mitsui though, for some reason he really got an impression out of me.
Best Character of all manga of all time. Wow, that is even harder, but I would say Luffy! Yep, Luffy from One Piece.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---


Im confused with Mammo concept of teenager here. Is a 14 years old guy a teenager? Because in the States you can drive as soon as that age.
And 18 years? In Japan and majority of other countries people starts that year.

Note: the most popular manga ever, One Piece started with the character at with 17 years. I dont ser how start anyanime with characters with just 1year more change much.
I specific told you not to say the Slam Dunk dude ;/
 

SkerllyFC

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2016
Messages
261
Reaction score
106
Age
31
Country
Dominican Republic

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I'm confused with Mammo concept of teenager here. Is a 14 years old guy a teenager? Because in the States you can drive as soon as that age.
And 18 years? In Japan and majority of other countries people starts that year.

Note: the most popular manga ever, One Piece started with the character at with 17 years. I dont ser how start anyanime with characters with just 1year more change much.
yes, 14 years old are teenagers since a teenager is someone between 13 to 19 y/o

I don't mind if they make the drivers younger than that, I'm mean, I want a racing manga with superpowers which means it will belongs to the fantasy genre, so I don't care about realism
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
On another JQ note, it seems like someone translated the first chapter of that Sherlock Holmes series by the St&rs writer.
>translator uses crappy paper volumes scans he scanned himself
>blurry, not centered properly
>although better digital scan are available online
>release the first 2 pages of chapter 1 and label them chapter 1
>release the following 7 pages and also label them chapter 1

hello darkness my old friend.....

I don't know if this was done on tumblr and someone uploaded them to manga reading sites without permission or what but that was really weird

If it done on purpose then I appreciate the passion but damn dude, get a clue from other groups or get some help from someone who knows what they are doing
 

Shinji Hirako

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2017
Messages
133
Reaction score
196
Age
30
Country
United Kingdom
I just realized eldlive already finished airing

the manga didn't get any increase in sales and I doubt studio clown will touch it again
We know its been a failure in terms of boosting manga sales considering Eldlive received pretty good promotion such as its collaborations with Reborn and its events at J-World. Next up is seeing how it will fair in the Bluray/DVD department. If the sales are bad then yeah this series is finished in terms of getting any kind of attention from Shueisha.

I just checked on Amazon.co.jp and ironically the first Bluray has already been released two days ago. Its ranked 708th in animation which for a new release does not look good. For those who know more than me how do you think its performing?
 
Last edited:

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I don't have a membership at reddit so I'll just leave my wishlist here
1- Delinquents manga with jrpg dynamics, mc form a party with other delinquents with different specialties and fight other delinquents from other schools (basically Kongoh Bancho)
2- over the top pro wrestling manga (like Kinnikuman) but with a similar set up to the career mode in WWE video games, mc start as a jobber and work his way up fighting heels to become a main event player
3-Archery manga, basically LotR from Legolas' pov

that what I can think of at the moment
 

Inumaru

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2011
Messages
412
Reaction score
285
Gender
Hidden
Country
Brazil
I would love to see a team sports series with anthropomorphic animals.
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I just want something with a bunch of monsters or whatever, all the recent series are trying too hard to do something new. Toteku was the closest thing I've seen recently that I really liked.

Just ask the question, don't link us to some cancerous discussion elsewhere.
Weren't you the one who tried setting something up there before?
 

vampire killer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
802
Reaction score
465
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
I would like to see manga where the people fight by having sex and to win you have to make your opponent cum first.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I just want something with a bunch of monsters or whatever, all the recent series are trying too hard to do something new. Toteku was the closest thing I've seen recently that I really liked.


Weren't you the one who tried setting something up there before?
She probably meant a non cancerous thread.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,296
Reaction score
7,332
Age
33
Country
Scotland
I wonder if we'll see any big Shueisha April Fools stuff this year, things from other companies and anime studios and such are already showing up.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I wonder if we'll see any big Shueisha April Fools stuff this year, things from other companies and anime studios and such are already showing up.
Like what? Is there anything interesting?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top