Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Everything that lasts long enough in Jump invariably receives an anime, why the rush? I still have to read the manga, so let it for a while. XD
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I like how Satsuriku no Tenshi is on the list

because you know, when you think of Satsuriku no Tenshi you think of the manga adaptation and not the popular video game
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Everything that lasts long enough in Jump invariably receives an anime, why the rush? I still have to read the manga, so let it for a while. XD
*cough cough* Hinamaru Zumou
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Everything that lasts long enough in Jump invariably receives an anime, why the rush? I still have to read the manga, so let it for a while. XD
Hinomaru Zumou is crying because of this comment.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I think you mean "everything that sells"...
For some people here sales means "nothing"... The TOC is their bread and butter.

Holy crap, my beloved Uratarou is on the list?! Way to go.

But since Fire Force is also there... I would take it with a grain of salt...
 
Last edited:

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Sales really means nothing when it comes to survive in the magazine, but it does matter when an anime studio is looking for something to animate. They have to see if that series is merchandisable (this word even exists? XD) and Hinomaru Zumou clearly is not...

I think you mean "everything that sells"...
Read my post again, I said everything that lasts long enough.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
But since Fire Force is also there... I would take it with a grain of salt...
Ive heard hate for Fire Force elsewhere, and maybe its because im not too far in it, but Ive actually really liked it so far. Started it like a week ago and was admiring how good of a job it did those first few chapters compared to the mess that has been this serialisation round (and the many series before it). Even the veterens this time didnt have that solid a start. Dunno if it went bad later or if you think it was always bad, but that was my response to it at least. Ill leave it there because this isnt the place to discuss it.

Read my post again, I said everything that lasts long enough.
It only took Jojo 25 years to get a proper one... Jaguar is crying with its 10 years. As is Rokudenashi Blues with its 9, and Rising Impact with its 3.5. And many more... Granted all those series had good sales too, so it has nothing to do with that either.
 
Last edited:

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Ive heard hate for Fire Force elsewhere, and maybe its because im not too far in it, but Ive actually really liked it so far. Started it like a week ago and was admiring how good of a job it did those first few chapters compared to the mess that has been this serialisation round (and the many series before it). Even the veterens this time didnt have that solid a start. Dunno if it went bad later or if you think it was always bad, but that was my response to it at least. Ill leave it there because this isnt the place to discuss it.
Well I translate it since chapter 1... I think it's a "ok" series but the problem is... When we start comparing with Soul Eater there's no way that its on the same page. I think the "hate" is because of that.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Rising Impact, Flowers of Keiji, Mr. Fullswing, Muhyo & Roji's, Rookies, Wild Half, Black Angels, Jinnai Ryuujuujutsu Butouden Majima-kun Suttobasu, Astro Kyuudan, Doberman Deka, Outer Zone ...

all of these lasted years in Jump without an anime

if you don't count ovas and movies as anime then the list will be even larger

as I'm writing this I see a lot of them are sport manga, weird how they ignored one of the most popular genres
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Everything that lasts long enough in Jump invariably receives an anime, why the rush? I still have to read the manga, so let it for a while. XD
Seikimatsu Leader Den Takeshi!! never received one and it went on for like 25 volumes. It sold well and won a Shogakukan award.

IMO HZ deserves an anime before KnY so I agree there's no need for a rush.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Is there any point to adapting Hinomaru? I mean even if they announce it now by the time the anime starts airing the manga will be finished
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
If it gets a live action then maybe lol
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
What are your guys' favourite anime adaptation of a WSJ series? I think mine is Gintama.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
can't decide between the 2 HxH's adaptations

Nippon Animation need to animate more things
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
The second hiatus x hiatus adapation is pretty much the best. Madhouse is too overpowered.
 
Last edited:

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Yu Yu Hakusho
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,559
Reaction score
5,409
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
What are your guys' favourite anime adaptation of a WSJ series? I think mine is Gintama.
If BONES produces Season 3 of MHA and throw all of their money on it, I have no doubt it will be the best WSJ adaptation ever.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top