Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I dunno HM's latest chapter surprised me a bit when
Marie called forth an army of Undead Skeletons in her rage over her Bento being eaten by somebody else.
I wondered who the hell would be interested in a long dead french princess but if she is that powerful then it is no wonder people are after her. She is basically powerful female Beelzebub as a teenager and is able to talk.
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,561
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
I didn't really find the pace it use to go as a bad thing here recently though I have a bit of a problem with, this series to me isn't suited for slow pacing.
I'd say that Horikoshi just need to balance the pace throughout his arcs, and if he can do that, it's fine.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Next week will be Dr. Stone first rank, right?

What part of top 5 you think it will be? :V
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Next week will be Dr. Stone first rank, right?

What part of top 5 you think it will be? :V
I believe it gets ranked next week though I'm not entirely sure. 7/9th place is where I think it'll be.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Yes and this time there will be no hyped color page to save We Can't Study.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Next week will be Dr. Stone first rank, right?

What part of top 5 you think it will be? :V
I believe it gets ranked next week though I'm not entirely sure. 7/9th place is where I think it'll be.
The week after next. Hungry Marie was supposed to get ranked next week but is getting a color page instead
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Yes and this time there will be no hyped color page to save We Can't Study.
Why can't you accept that it's probably here to stay? It's not even a bad series
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Based on what you're saying that it's here to stay?

It's easy to get #4 when there's other 5 new series not being ranked and color pages for the best selling and more famous series of the magazine

Not to mention possible good positions for Neverland, Zumou, Souma and the dark horse of the millenia, SW1...

Do you really think it will survive that long?

Come on...

Are you guys that desperate to have a romance series at the magazine? This is not Nisekoi. And is clearly not better than it.

Next week we'll have everything being ranked aside Zumou (that is pretty much over), Neverland Haikyuu and Hungry Marie. Let's see if We Can't Study will be that high fighting against One Piece, Black Clover, and My Hero Academia.

Have in mind that the 3 aforementioned series had GREAT chapters.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Based on what you're saying that it's here to stay?

It's easy to get #4 when there's other 5 new series not being ranked and color pages for Haikyuu, One Piece, Black Clover and My Hero Academia.

Not to mention possible good positions for Neverland, Zumou, Souma and the dark horse of the millenia, SW1...

Do you really think it will survive that long?

Come on...

Are you guys that desperate to have a romance series at the magazine? This is not Nisekoi. And is clearly not better than it.
I mean, you also have nothing to base its failure on.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
It's true. But I don't think that even you believe this series is safe =)

You have more experience than that.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
It's true. But I don't think that even you believe this series is safe =)

You have more experience than that.
It's the only series this round that the majority of readers seem to be fond of or okay with. U19 is pretty much considered terrible by everyone. Poro has mixed reception. Hungry Marie has a little following going on, but mostly because it's from Tamura. But it seems to be doing well enough. Dr.Stone has extremely mixed reception, as some ppl like it and some ppl think it's terrible. RxL also seems to be mixed for the most part, but a little less mixed than Dr.Stone.

It's only had 2 good ranks and a color page, but it seems like out of this round We Never Learn has the most likely chance of survival, given that it already seems to be doing pretty well and most ppl either seem to enjoy it or not mind it. Not many outright hate it
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Naruto to Boruto Shinobi Striker trailer:
Why do Naruto games always 10 times better than One Piece games -.-. The only One Piece Game that I think is good is One Piece Treasure Cruise on mobile. The console/PC version is vastly inferior to Naruto Storm.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Unlimited World Red was a pretty good One Piece game.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
It's true. But I don't think that even you believe this series is safe =)

You have more experience than that.
He knows that it is not safe and you should know by now that unless you have "One Piece" in the name, no series is safe, even your Dr. Stone doesn't have immunity, so chill out and wait for the ranking.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Funny enough, a main complaint (if you could call it that) of MHA is that it's too fast sometimes. I don't mind going at a slower pace as long as Horikoshi plans it out well enough.
Lol nothing is wrong with the pacing as it is right now. I have no idea why every chapter he complains about the pacing.
 

Shinji Hirako

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2017
Messages
133
Reaction score
196
Age
30
Country
United Kingdom
I literally bought pirate warriors 3 and didn't reach the grand line in story mode before selling it. The beginning of the game is a carbon copy of pirate warriors 1 and I got bored after two missions. I don't think I will ever buy another pirate warriors.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Why do Naruto games always 10 times better than One Piece games -.-. The only One Piece Game that I think is good is One Piece Treasure Cruise on mobile. The console/PC version is vastly inferior to Naruto Storm.
I own all Kaizoku Musou games and I love them... The story mode is nice... But I agree, Naruto games are better.

Probably because Toei is related so... ;/
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
I own all Kaizoku Musou games and I love them... The story mode is nice... But I agree, Naruto games are better.

Probably because Toei is related so... ;/
Bandai Namco is the publisher so not really Toei related. I'm not sure if it's Shuiesha or Bandai Namco make decision on which game develop company will make the game. But if they let CyberConnect2 (the Naruto Storm fighting series developer) makes One Piece Burning Blood then it would be a fantastic fighting game and series. Instead, they give it to the same developer company who failed miserably on J Star Victory -.-. Spike Chunsoft is specialized in RPG (Dragonquest series, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series) not Fighting games :fail. Such a shame too.

Just my rant, I'll stop now before we go off-topic.
 

Kadir0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2016
Messages
909
Reaction score
1,475
Country
The Wall
It's the only series this round that the majority of readers seem to be fond of or okay with. U19 is pretty much considered terrible by everyone. Poro has mixed reception. Hungry Marie has a little following going on, but mostly because it's from Tamura. But it seems to be doing well enough. Dr.Stone has extremely mixed reception, as some ppl like it and some ppl think it's terrible. RxL also seems to be mixed for the most part, but a little less mixed than Dr.Stone.
Is this the view of Japan audience or just us, because all that matters is how people in Japan react to it.

There are other veterans in this batch beside Tamura who have even more notable work than his, so I doubt he is getting a special treatment, if Hungry Marie doing well, it just means people like it.
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
It's true. But I don't think that even you believe this series is safe =)

You have more experience than that.
I've been watching the ToC since '08 and the one thing I can confirm is that it's almost impossible to tell what will do well and what won't. Every notable trend theory has fallen apart multiple times. Sales and ToC position are the best indicators and even they don't tell the truth all the time. We Can't Study ranked 4th first then got a color page two weeks later...that's a better performance than 75% of all other Jump manga (regardless of if it's "good" or not).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top