Game Fan League Discussion Thread

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Ah, I meant if you would make TnK its own general move or if Jirou and Akutsu would have their own versions -like the ones I did but properly following the bonuses, as I fucked up and changed it for Magic Volley, otw it would look like a clone of Tezuka.
Ah, ok. I wouldn't mind TnK being its own ability in general next season in which case it would look something like this:

-Pinnacle of Perfection [Auto]:
Cannot be copied. Negated when activating a Special with Spirit in its name, cannot be negated otherwise. Speed increases by 2, Power increases by 2, SB increases by 1. Mental cannot decrease. Lv of Serves/Specials increases by 2. After activation, Stamina decreases at 50% through Serves/Specials.

The advantage of this is that the characters would be in TnK even when not using any moves. But the disadvantage is that the technically vanilla moves would still need to have their Extras adjusted for the TnK power-up. So you'd essentially need to say "ACE if [condition]. If TnK is active, ACE if [other condition]." Although I suppose that wouldn't be too much of an inconvenience now that I think about it.

Wait, I'm kinda lost, sorry. How would a partner of Tachibana's activate a Spirit or a Door? And how would it force Tachibana's partner to had played against 3 strong opponents?
Sorry, seems like I cut too much:

"Only affects Lv 3 or higher Support partners. Negated if that partner activates an ability with Pinnacle or Spirit in its name. Triggers for the first time when facing an opponent with higher total for the third time in the season, Stamina is 0 and Mental is [base Mental] or higher. For the rest of the season..."

And this could apply to door/Spirit partners if you build them up from Support Lv 0 to 3, something that's difficult but possible.

I'm not saying DM is bad or for sure worse than Muga, I just think that Rikkai did a decision in a topic they were actually quite ignorant back in the day. Later they ended up learning about it and its potential, and even learnt that DM had drawbacks they hadn't considered. So, their idea that DM > Muga seems outdated, and if they were to start coaching Kirihara from 0 NOW they would probably change routes.
Well, I see what you mean. I'd still say that DM is better than plain Muga although it's not better than the doors and has less potential as a result. Also, at least in Akaya's case the negative side-effect seems to have been decreased.

Hmm, dunno if I explained myself properly -or if I just didn't get you now. I meant that Hyakuren could force moves not to be negated, so that the player can exploit them. It would be more like Shiraishi letting Gin hit his move to counter it, instead of negating it.
I misread what you wrote. This is basically what I meant with the first option I suggested too, so yeah. Because Hyakuren is a Special you essentially have a choice between negating and reflecting by activating it or not. Both Bible and Hyakuren also have the same Lv range, so that wouldn't be an issue either.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,101
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
My phone is dying so I can't reply properly nor double check, but so far I really like all of what you just proposed ^^
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Maybe we could add Mizuki or Dorgias to the list btw -or Kiraku, idk, maybe even Niou could be a fun candidate- ? I really like the number 7 but the candidates being an uneven quantity -contrary to that sexy 10 that used to be there- is killing me. And maybe Muga users can use skills <= Technique instead of < Technique -otw Kaido can't really copy anything decent... but then Siegfried could be too strong unless you change his stats a bit?

If any of the following players have participated in 2 matches against players with a higher base total -if doubles, both opponents- they are able to use the [Counter] Awakening.

Jiro Akutagawa

Jin Akutsu

Sadaharu Inui

Kaoru Kaido

Kuranosuke Shiraishi

Emil Siegfried

Renji Yanagi

Awakening [Counter]: Cannot be copied. Cannot be negated. Triggers only once in the season. Triggers only during decisive points if Stamina is 0 and Mental >=4 against a player with a higher base total -if doubles, both opponents. Activates State of Self Actualization -Pinnacle of Mastery if the player is Kuranosuke Shiraishi, Pinnacle of Brillance if the player has the [Auto] Data Tennis, Pinnacle of Perfection if it's either Jin Akutsu or Jiro Akutagawa- which cannot be negated and becomes available for the rest of the season. The character copied is the player's last opponent, and the Special copied from this character is the one with the highest level used that the player can copy.

State of Self Actualization [Auto]:
Negated if Stamina is 0. Mental cannot decrease. Copy up to one character that your team played against and its Counters each point (if trigger conditions are fulfilled). Copy up to one of that character's Formations and up to one of that character's Serves/Specials with Lv < Technique. At the end of each point a character was copied this way, Stamina decreases by 0.5.

Pinnacle of Mastery [Special ‒ Lv 4]:
Data: Power increases by 2. If Power exceeds an opponent's Power and that opponent's Power and/or Technique increases through a Serve/Special with Lv <= 5, that Serve/Special cannot be negated and Power/Technique increases by double that increase.
Extra: At the end of the Extra step, if Power/Technique increased based on an opponent's Serve/Special, copy that Serve/Special's Extra.

Pinnacle of Brilliance [Special ‒ Lv 4]:
Activation: Only activates in Singles. If opponent's Mental is less than 7, opponent's Serves/Specials with Lv <= 5 are negated.
Data: Mental increases by 2. If Mental is equal to or exceeds opponent's Mental, Speed increases by 2, Technique increases by 2.

-Pinnacle of Perfection [Auto]:
Cannot be copied. Negated when activating a Special with Spirit in its name, cannot be negated otherwise. Speed increases by 2, Power increases by 2, SB increases by 1. Mental cannot decrease. Lv of Serves/Specials increases by 2. After activation, Stamina decreases at 50% through Serves/Specials.

Magic Volley [Special ‒ Lv 3]:
Activation: Cannot be copied.
Data: Technique increases by 3.
Extra: ACE if every opponent's Mental is less than 4. If Pinnacle of Perfection is active, ACE if every opponent's Mental is less than 6.


I personally like Fighting more cause it's more unique and well, more "Akutsu".

Fighting [Special ‒ Lv 3]:
Activation: Requires Formless Tennis. All opponents' Serves/Specials with Lv <= 3 are negated. If Pinnacle of Perfection is active, cannot be negated and all opponent's Serves/Specials with Lv <= 5 are negated.
Data: Speed increases by 4.

Or

10 Ball Strike [Special ‒ Lv 4]:
Data: Speed increases by 3, Technique increases by 3.
Extra: ACE if every opponent's Speed is less than 4, their Mental is less than 4 or their Technique is less than 4. If Pinnacle of Perfection is active, ACE if every opponent's Speed is less than 5, their Mental is less than 5 or their Technique is less than 5. If ACE, all opponents' HP decreases by the difference between 10 and that opponent's combined Speed and Mental -if Pinnacle of Perfection is active, only Mental is applied.

For the other players I don't think you'd need to change much tbh, as they'll only be able to activate those Specials during TnK anyway -so, you don't need to add any "if" nor anything.

Perfect COOL Drive [Special ‒ Lv 4]:
Data: Technique increases by 3.
Extra: ACE if every opponent's combined Speed, Power and Technique is less than 16.

Did some modifications. I believe players should be able to retain the Aura if they unlock it but Tachibana somehow changes teams during the season. Added a clause to the Bestial State in case Niou learns it.

-Awakening of the Beast [Reserve/Auto]:
Lv 3 Support partners' Speed increases by 1, their Power increases by 1 and their Stamina increases by 1. Negated if that partner has received this effect before. Negated if that partner activates an ability with Pinnacle or Spirit in its name. Triggers when the partner is facing an opponent with higher total for the third time in the season, Stamina is 0 and Mental is [base Mental] or higher. For the rest of the season, partner's Stamina increases by 1 and is able to use the [Auto] Bestial State.

Bestial State [Auto]:
Negated when activating an ability with Pinnacle in its name, cannot be negated otherwise. Speed increases by 1, Power increases by 1. At the end of the Extra step, ACE if every opponent's combined Speed and Power is less than 7.

Btw, what if both Synchros would reduce stamina by 0,5 instead of 1, and the Twins' effect is that they don't lose stamina at all when they Synchro?
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Maybe we could add Mizuki or Dorgias to the list btw -or Kiraku, idk, maybe even Niou could be a fun candidate- ?
No to Mizuki, already explained why. Niou would be pointless since he can already copy the first two doors. I was considering Kiraku, but felt that would be giving him a little too much credit and I've already made him stronger than some would argue he deserves. Dorgias - maybe depending on how his match goes.

but then Siegfried could be too strong unless you change his stats a bit?
Probably not. Even if he gets access to some powerful moves, he'll drain his stamina quickly.

Btw, what if both Synchros would reduce stamina by 0,5 instead of 1, and the Twins' effect is that they don't lose stamina at all when they Synchro?
I'm not on board with this either. The 0.5 cost is reserved for energy efficient moves which Synchro is not. Yes, maybe not everyone can use Synchro well as a result, but not everyone has to be able to either.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I'd like to hear some thoughts on Reserve abilities, specifically: should they activate if the character has 0 Energy? The way it is now, you essentially have strong characters with an extra effect that they still bring a positive effect even when you're unable to use them in matches. If this was changed, it'd be more along the lines of a trade-off between having a single strong character and having a good global effect at the expense of that character.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,101
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Personally, I really like the way things are right now when it comes to Reserve players (although I might be absolutely biased due to my team. I don't think I would had ever used QP's reserve skill if it didn't activate at 0 energy / 1+energy regain, as the trade-off wouldn't be worth it at all imo).

It gives some characters extra utility, which we have to consider when we pick. If anyone thinks said utility is too strong they can just pick the character themselves earlier next time '-'
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Personally, I really like the way things are right now when it comes to Reserve players (although I might be absolutely biased due to my team. I don't think I would had ever used QP's reserve skill if it didn't activate at 0 energy / 1+energy regain, as the trade-off wouldn't be worth it at all imo).
Just to be clear, in the alternative I have in mind you'd still be back at 2 Energy after the round.

Also, personally I'm fine with either option, just wanted to hear how everyone else feels about it.
 

Seakay

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2014
Messages
190
Reaction score
66
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I think the Reserve system right now is fine as it is.

If you want to include energy in having more of a decision of using the character or not, one possibility might be reworking Reserve abilities to rely upon current energy level. QP probably has the easiest one to change. Right now it reads "Opponent's Serves/Specials with Lv <= 3 are negated." - but changing to "Opponent's Serves/Specials with Lv <=[2+Energy Level] are negated." gives him some room to play around with. Negating all <=4 Serves/Specials is pretty strong but has the downside of not using your second best character. At 1 energy, QP is the same as now and at 0 energy, he's probably too tired to do that much research anyway.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,101
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Was about to suggest that, in order to reward higher standing teams during play-offs -without giving them a crazy advantage-, these could pick if they'd serve first or second. But then I re-read the rules and saw that you made the play-offs matches semi-random (as the 1st and 2nd cannot play each other in semis) which is an even better idea and more rewarding without making it unfair at all. So props for that, I never noticed before o/

I think the Reserve system right now is fine as it is.

If you want to include energy in having more of a decision of using the character or not, one possibility might be reworking Reserve abilities to rely upon current energy level. QP probably has the easiest one to change. Right now it reads "Opponent's Serves/Specials with Lv <= 3 are negated." - but changing to "Opponent's Serves/Specials with Lv <=[2+Energy Level] are negated." gives him some room to play around with. Negating all <=4 Serves/Specials is pretty strong but has the downside of not using your second best character. At 1 energy, QP is the same as now and at 0 energy, he's probably too tired to do that much research anyway.
I didn't comment on this, but it's a great idea.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Noah Dorgias [25, SB: 2, HP: 9, AR, R]
(SPE: 4, POW: 4, STA: 5, MEN: 6, TEC: 6)

-Grand Tactician [Reserve]:
Receive hints regarding the opponent's line-up.

-Shared Ambition [Reserve]:
Jay Jay's Stamina increases by 1, Jay Jay's Mental increases by 1. When checked by an ACE effect, Jay Jay's stats return at +1.

-Blind Dream [Auto]:
Cannot be copied. Speed increases by 1, Mental increases by 1, Technique increases by 1.

-God [Auto]:
Counts as Data Tennis. Cannot be negated. Choose three points. During the chosen points, all Serves/Specials are negated. If a character's Serve/Special is negated this way, after activation that character's Stamina decreases at 200%.

-God's Tempo [Special - Lv 7]:
Activation: Cannot be negated. After activation, if an opponent activated a Serve/Special, Lv permanently decreases by 1.
Data: Speed increases by [Lv - opponent's Serve/Special's Lv], Power increases by [Lv - opponent's Serve/Special's Lv], Technique increases by [Lv - opponent's Serve/Special's Lv].

I just had to make a draft at least.
 

Seakay

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2014
Messages
190
Reaction score
66
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Noah should totally have some skill (or even just a support level) with Yukimura and/or Fuwa, in addition to helping out Jay Jay. Like, Noah has adapted to playing tennis blind, so Yips and Mirror Eyes don't affect him or his partner.

Something general along the the line of "Opponent's Autos cannot negate or prevent Serves/Specials from activating for Noah and his partner" might work. Although something more in theme with Yips might be saying that opponent's can't copy your moves or use them against you in a match. That also has the side effect of being useful against copy players, if it matters at all.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I'm not sure I follow why Noah (possibly) being good against those skills would carry over to his partner?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Also, general question: do you think it'd be clearer if instead of "After activation, Stamina decreases by X." I just wrote: "Cost: Value"?
--- Double Post Merged, ---
The concept was really cool indeed ^^ I just don't agree that he'd be stronger than Dorgias nowadays -and certainly not that stronger, from what I understood from the fan league character at least.
I do agree that the Special might be a bit overpowered. Should maybe just be "After activation, Lv decreases by 1." I don't think he's overpowered though since it essentially comes down to whether or not you can outpredict the opponent, which is basically exactly what Noah is all about. On that note, obviously gonna rework Dorgias for next season too.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,101
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Maybe the Special is not overpowered itself, just overpowered in this character in my opinion -I think it would fit someone like Amadeus more, even though I do understand that you went for a different approach for him.

The idea I had for Noah if he was a character would be that his physical side -Power, Stamina, mostly Speed due to court coverage being affected by blindness- could had taken a hit because of him not training for months, but that his Technique would remain high and his Mental crazy high. In the end, it would be a character with stats around 20, but with his Reserve, Autos and Specials -Castling? Bishop's Opening? Queen's Gambit?- to make him a very worthy 3rd/4th pick.

Also, considering both characters would have a huge Mental stat -and JJ seems to have started predicting moves right now-, maybe the Dorgias could have some sort of Howling together. Like a Saiki Synchro, idk. Could be called Check to make it sound less lame, if it's ACE it's called Check Mate instead '-'
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Tbh, even if he doesn't play in the manga, he could still be a character -although, with something like 1 1 3 7 2 in stats- useful mostly as a Reserve but that could also have useful support moves -I think Chess stuff like Castling sounds fitting- for doubles, mostly to play with his brother..
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Sorry but why not, maybe it could give you an idea for something else:

Castling [Special - Lv 6]:
Activation: Only activates in Doubles. Can only be activated during the first point. Cannot be negated. Extra step is ignored during this point. At the end of the point, both partners' Stamina decreases by 1.
Data: Each partner's Speed increases by [Partner Speed].

Quickly explaining, Castling can only be made if the King and the Rook hadn't moved before, so I thought it would be fitting if it was only used during the first point. It repositions both pieces, so they are both moving -that's why the stamina decrease for both.

Bishop's Opening [Special - Lv 4]:
Activation: After activation, Stamina decreases by 0.5 instead of 1. Partners' Stamina decreases by 0.5. Cannot be negated.
Data: All opponents' Serves/Specials with Lv <= 4 are negated. Opponents' speed cannot increase.
Extra: When checked, Speed returns at +3

A mix of Data Tennis with a baby version of Black Hole. Sort of a more agressive defense if that makes any sense. In this one is the Bishop -partner- the one that moves the most -I imagined Noah as the King that does nothing or the pawn that moves a little at the start of the play, mimicing him being the one executing the move. At first I had the "Bishop" using 1 stamina but maybe it was too much. It's a shared effort, so I thought it would fit if both of them shared the loss. I know you are not a fan of having Specials with a decrease cost -unless it's in specific situations- so maybe it could be a Formation? Dunno.

Berlin Defense [Special - Lv 5]:
Activation: Can only be activated the point after the activation of "Bishop's Opening".
Data: All opponents' Serves/Specials with Lv <=5 are negated. Opponents' speed and technique cannot increase. Mental increases by 1.
Extra: When checked, Speed returns at +4

There's different types of executing a Berlin Defense. One of them is executed following a Bishop Opening, which is the inspiration clearly. Didn't thing of anything crazy for it, just that it could be a better version of the past move + a mental advantage to show Noah -alone, no stamina sharing this time- as the one controlling the flow of the game.

Edit: Added the 2 very quick and half done concepts.

Edit2: Finished them.
 
Last edited:

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
The idea I had for Noah if he was a character would be that his physical side -Power, Stamina, mostly Speed due to court coverage being affected by blindness- could had taken a hit because of him not training for months, but that his Technique would remain high and his Mental crazy high. In the end, it would be a character with stats around 20, but with his Reserve, Autos and Specials -Castling? Bishop's Opening? Queen's Gambit?
Well, the way I see it is that if you assume his eyesight hinders him, he basically can't play effectively at all. It's not limited to speed, but he just won't be able to strike the ball well even if it's near him, so basically reflective of the 1/1/3/7/2 spread you posted. But we've also had Fuji, Ryoma and Fuwa being able to move and hit just fine without seeing, so it's either a build that assumes he can't play effectively at all or one that assumes he's perfectly functional in my mind. Just because he's blind also doesn't mean his physical abilities must be super low, blind people can still exercise and work out after all (that said I might revisit his spread if we end up using him, this one's a bit of a copy-paste).

At first I was thinking about giving him a bunch of chess themed Specials like what you're proposing too, but it was a bit too on-the-nose I thought? That said, "God" is also a chess reference, it's a term for a hypothetically "perfect" player with an ELO rating of about 3600 (for reference, the current world no. 1 has an ELO of 2838 as of this post). I'm not opposed to giving him some more obvious ones, but I wouldn't want there to be too many. Gonna think about your ideas and maybe put up two versions depending on what we assume for his eyesight.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Also, general question: do you think it'd be clearer if instead of "After activation, Stamina decreases by X." I just wrote: "Cost: Value"?
Well, to answer my own question for the time being, I was thinking the best way might be to just put it into the top line like this:

Wirbeltaufe [Special - Lv 6 - SC 0.5]
 
Last edited:

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,101
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
I think it looks neater, yeah. Sorry I had missed the question.

Considering we already have a bunch of abreviations, maybe leaving it as "Cost" would be better?
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Considering we already have a bunch of abreviations, maybe leaving it as "Cost" would be better?
Yeah maybe. I put SC for Stamina Cost, so that it's already clear which stat the number is being subtracted from. Maybe this?

Wirbeltaufe [Special - Lv 6 - STA Cost 0.5]

Or would that be too long?
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,101
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Nah, looks good ^^

Back to Noah, as I didn't reply, I tried to give him what I thought would be a middle ground between "I can play the same as I did with my sight" and "I can't even hit the ball now".

Speed being very low due to poor ground coverage, Power being low as well because he cannot connect his hits properly, Stamina is a 3 due to him losing some of his form -I do know blind people can still exercise, though-, mental is as strong as ever and Technique is the same as Power except for the fact that he might display skill when in comfortable situations like serving.

I think that at first someone like Sakata -even If he IS a joke, he is still a National player- could potentially take some games from him but clearly lose in the end.

Then again, odds are that if he isn't playing in the manga, that means he very likely can't play tennis at all, I agree with that, yeah.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Ah, thinking of Noah made me think of the following: Is there any way -and any fitting character for that matter- to give someone some sort of ability that gets better/worse depending on how good the partner is? It would be a bit of a gamble, for example:

Reliant [Auto]: Cannot be copied. If partner's total is higher than both opponent's: Mental increases by 2 and cannot decrease. If it's lower: Mental decreases by 2 and cannot increase.

Inspired cannon [Special]: Cannot be copied. Cannot be negated. All stats increase by the difference between Mental and Base Mental. Stats can decrease this way.

Just dropping an idea o/

Edit: changed the names '-'
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Ah, thinking of Noah made me think of the following: Is there any way -and any fitting character for that matter- to give someone some sort of ability that gets better/worse depending on how good the partner is? It would be a bit of a gamble, for example:
Well, to some extent abilities like that already exist, Myougi and (Kite's) Giant Habu to name the ones that come to mind right now. Other than that I'm having a bit of a hard time thinking who something like that could apply to though. For Autos nobody really comes to mind right now, but I'll think about it - might just be a case of not thinking outside the box enough.
 

Seakay

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2014
Messages
190
Reaction score
66
Gender
Male
Country
United States
How about separating the cost from the level? A minor thing but I think it reads a little better.

Wirbeltaufe [Special - Lv 6] [STA Cost 0.5]
 
Last edited:

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Wirbeltaufe [Special - Lv 6][STA Cost 0.5]
Hm the ][ without space in the middle kinda bothers me. Let's see what else we can come up with...

Wirbeltaufe [Special - Lv 6 - SC 0.5]
Wirbeltaufe [Special - Lv 6 - STA Cost 0.5]
Wirbeltaufe [Special - Lv 6][STA Cost 0.5]
Wirbeltaufe [Special - Lv 6] [STA Cost 0.5]
Wirbeltaufe [Special - Lv 6 - 0.5 STA]
Wirbeltaufe [Special : Lv 6 : -0.5 STA]
Wirbeltaufe [Special - Lv 6] [-0.5 STA]

I kinda like the last ones that replace STA Cost with just STA? It's more compact that way.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,101
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
I like how Wirbeltaufe [Special - Lv 6 - 0.5 STA] looks the most.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Uhm, did some modifications -biggest ones are that I removed the mental requirement for Awakening cause I felt it wasn't needed neither in the gameplay nor rp aspect, and that only the State of Self Actualization copies moves when unlocked- and I suggest Kirihara as the 8th member of the list. He'd unlock his Sane Devil Mode, making him not reliant on losing some points nor Shiraishi.

If any of the following players have participated in 2 matches against players with a higher base total -if doubles, both opponents- they are able to use the [Counter] Awakening.

Jiro Akutagawa

Jin Akutsu

Sadaharu Inui

Kaoru Kaido

Akaya Kirihara

Kuranosuke Shiraishi

Emil Siegfried

Renji Yanagi

Awakening [Counter]: Cannot be copied. Cannot be negated. Triggers only once in the season. Triggers only during decisive points against a player with a higher base total -if doubles, both opponents. Activates:
-State of Self Actualization if Stamina is 0 and the player is Kaoru Kaido or Emil Siegried.
-Pinnacle of Mastery if the player is Kuranosuke Shiraishi;
-Pinnacle of Brillance if it's Singles and the player is Sadaharu Inui or Renji Yanagi;
-Pinnacle of Perfection if the player is Jiro Akutagawa or Jin Akutsu;
-Sane Devil Mode if the player is Akaya Kirihara;
which cannot be negated and becomes available for the rest of the season.

State of Self Actualization [Auto]:
Negated if Stamina is 0, cannot be negated otherwise. Mental cannot decrease. Copy up to one character that your team played against and its Counters each point (if trigger conditions are fulfilled). Copy up to one of that character's Formations and up to one of that character's Serves/Specials with Lv < Technique. At the end of each point a character was copied this way, Stamina decreases by 0.5. If activated through Awakening, the character copied is the player's last opponent, and the Special copied from this character is the one with the highest level used that the player can copy.

Sane Devil Mode [Auto]:
Cannot be copied. Cannot be negated. Speed increases by 1, Power increases by 1.5, Mental increases by 3 (4 during decisive points). HP increases by 1. Knuckle Serve cannot be negated. Other abilities with Devil in their name cannot be activated. Desire for Victory cannot be activated.

Knuckle Serve [Serve ‒ Lv 2]:
Data: Power increases by 1 (2 if an ability with "Devil" in its name is active), Technique increases by 2.
Extra: ACE if Mental exceeds any opponent’s combined Speed and Mental.

Wanted him to unlock something that would make him able to beat Hakamada but tbh I wouldn't be surprised if he won't be that good by the end of the World Cup, so you can nerf it/ignore it if you wish '-'
 
Last edited:

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Had some ideas for the Swiss, so I'll be posting their drafts as I complete them. Checking out the new chapters before reading the drafts is recommended.

Peter Ranbiell [27, SB: 3, HP: 10, AR, R]
(SPE: 4, POW: 6, STA: 5, MEN: 7, TEC: 5)

Personification of Talent [Auto]:
Cannot be copied. May copy Serves/Specials with Lv <= 5 of opponents faced previously during the season, including those that "cannot be copied" and disregarding Activation requirements.

Motion Vision [Auto]:
Cannot be copied. Opponent's Speed decreases by 1. Opponent's Speed increases at -1, opponent's Power increases at -1. When checked, Speed returns at +1.

Golden Ears [Auto]:
Cannot be copied. Opponent's Technique increases at -2. When checked, Speed returns at +1.

Magic Touch [Auto]:
Cannot be copied. When checked, Power returns at +2. When checked, Technique returns at +2. In the Extra step, when not activating a Serve/Special, ACE if every opponent's Mental is less than 5.

Deep Breath [Auto]:
Cannot be copied. Stamina decreases at 50%. During decisive points, Mental increases by 1.

Combination Expert [Auto]:
Cannot be copied. Only activates in Doubles. If Support Lv is less than 3, Support Lv becomes 3. May copy up to one Formation of an opponent faced previously during the season.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Albert Federer [27, SB: 3, HP: 12, SV, R]
(SPE: 5, POW: 7, STA: 5, MEN: 5, TEC: 5)

The Mighty Federer [Auto]:
Cannot be copied. Power increases by 2, SB increases by 1. When serving and not activating a Serve, ACE if any opponent's Power is less than 5. During decisive points, ACE if any opponent's Power is less than 6 instead.

Clutch Server [Auto]:
During decisive points, Total increases at 200% through SB.

Wheeling Serve [Serve - Lv 5 - 1 STA]:
Data: Technique increases by [7 + X] where X is the number of service points since this last activated, SB decreases by 1.
Extra: ACE if any opponent's combined Speed and Mental is less than [7 + X] where X is the number of service points since this last activated.

SABA [Special - Lv 5 - 1 STA]:
Activation: Only activates on opponent's service points. Opponent's Serves are negated.
Data: Speed increases by 2. Power increases by opposing server's SB, Technique increases by negated Serve's Lv. Opposing server's SB decreases to 0.
Extra: ACE if [Total_Increase] is higher than every opponent's Speed.

Yeah, I pretty much copy-pasted that last one from Season 3, but it just seemed to fit in well with the rest.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Randy Pugu [27, SB: 3, HP: 12, AB, R]
(SPE: 5, POW: 7, STA: 5, MEN: 5, TEC: 5)

Ran Da Manimal [Auto]:
Cannot be copied. Speed increases by 1, Power increases by 1. Energy does not decrease after a match.

Smart Beatdown [Auto]:
After an opponent uses a Serve/Special, that Serve/Special's Lv permanently decreases by 1. Opponent's Serves/Specials with Lv <= 2 are negated.

Explosive Rampage [Special - Lv 6 - 0.5 STA]:
Data: Power increases by 6, Technique increases by 2.
Extra: ACE if every opponent's combined Speed and Power is less than 12.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Henri Nobel III [25, SB: 2, HP: 10, AR, R]
(SPE: 3, POW: 5, STA: 5, MEN: 6, TEC: 6)

Noble Youth [Auto]:
Cannot be copied. Whenever an opponent activates a Special with Lv <= 3 for the second time or more, that Serve/Special is negated. Whenever an opponent activates a Special with Lv <= 6 for the second time or more, that Serve/Special activates at 50%.

Pinch Reaction [Auto]:
Only activates in Doubles during the 7th point and only if Support Lv is 3. Mental increases by 2, partner's Mental increases by 2, Support Bonus increases by 4.

Clockmaker of Switzerland [Special - Lv 5 - 1 STA]:
Activation: Cannot be negated.
Data: Technique increases by 4. At the end of the Data step, if Mental exceeds an opponent's Mental, that opponent's Speed decreases by the difference.
Extra: ACE if every opponent's combined Speed, Mental and Technique is less than 15.
 
Last edited:
Top