Dr. Stone continues the same average thing... The bad guy there turned bad too suddenly without any background... Why he has the desire to kill people so much like that and make a society of chosen? He has some pathological condition (only explanation possible right now since there is no background)? The other characters doesn't appeal to me either for a number of reasons, the "Big Oaf" (don't remember his name XD) guy... The author is trying to make a bad replica of Luffy? Luffy is dumb, but it is a fun dumb person and he has his moments of intelligence, the "Big Oaf" on the other hand.... He is right where he should be: in a pre-historic environment. XD
Gonna read "We Never Learn" tomorrow.
So far I've understoood was the story about the boy who wanted to give his sister a necklace of shells a first step to show his personality & world view. Adults are mean & corrupted & this new world shall belong to the children, yadda yadda. Of course, I understand what your point is, because I have a similiar reaction to Dr.Stone.
I am mostly indifferent to it. Neither the comedy nor the characters are my taste so far. But I DO know people who enjoy this series so far, who like the gags & jokes wholeheartedly and are more curious & interested about Tsukasa so far. Though I need to add that these guys are also fans of Eyeshield 21, making them fans of this particular way of comedy & characterization already.
And I want to add to this, that the manga isnt even 10 chapters long & a lot of time was used to explain the setting & its "science", in contrast the characters themselves, I wouldnt say bad, work in the story, because we can get them enough to understand their actions.
Also, one issue of the manga is, that Taiju, the big oaf, exists for labour, which happens mostly off-screen. Compared to Senkuu who can show off his ridiculous intelligence all the time, we really dont see Taijus capabilities, therefore making him look rather useless(though he is definitely very important for the survival of the characters so far).
I also dont mind these extreme... powers, I presume to call them. Meaning, Senkuu's laughable action to count for thousand of years or Tsukasas strength to beat lions. It's THAT kind of manga, the mangaka seemingly wants it ridiculous. It's not my taste, either, but I also dont mind this. It just make me simply care less about Dr.Stone altogether.
Btw, one problem for me for this manga so far, is the "look" of the maincharacters-
On the colorpage & first chapter they've looked older compared the latest chapters: Less refined bodies, more child-like overall. I guess, it's because the mangaka invests so much time in the environment that he doesnt have that much time left for the maincharacters, and the latest chapters were mostly dominanted by comedic scenes, therefore making them look more childish/goofy would make sense, but dunno. I know, it's more nitpicking, but I guess, is another reason why I am not a big fan of this series.