Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
the first volume sold 100k, it dropped a little since then, latest volume barely hit 60k before dropping out of oricon

45. Hana Nochi Hare〜Hanadan Next Season〜 #6 (18,712 / 59,517)

publishing a shojo manga in a shonen magazine app is just weird
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Survival horror/mystery. It's based on a novel series so it's not like it's a Jump+ original, but it's still the top selling series on the site.
This explains a lot of things... Its popularity doesn't depend on Jump+ then...
Some day, maybe, I will read it... I don't watch anime anymore so cross that option out.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,296
Reaction score
7,331
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Manga adaptions are a bit weird sometimes in terms of popularity, I think remember seeing that the manga version of Reincarnated as Slime sells 4-5 times as much as the original LN does or some crazy number like that.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Slime manga used to sell like 10x better, but the light novel sales increased so now the manga sells 5x better

anyway, Karadasagashi is a cellphone text novel
that got an a manga adapatation on Jump mobile app
that will get an anime on Production IG mobile app

 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Damn, the author must be ecstatic. That's almost on par with ONE's godly luck.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
he quit making novels and became a mangaka

he started a new manga on Jump Plus recently

now he have 2 ongoing weekly manga
 

Inumaru

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2011
Messages
412
Reaction score
285
Gender
Hidden
Country
Brazil
I'm just happy that Ao no Flag is doing well. Volume one is now around 34k, according to the Shoseki Ranking estimatives.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
To people hoping Out Gear Fullcolor oneshot by Mashima's assistant get serialized it's time to stop

mangaka confirms he's working on something else


I told 2 years ago it won't get serialized, the premise is too similar to BC
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
@Mammo what was the big thing that happened in World's End Harem that had it trending on Jap twitter? How far ahead are the actual magazine releases from the current scantalated releases from Batoto? Cause they released a double chapter but nothing crazy happened in it, only:

Suou got dropped as Reito's agent cause she couldn't fuck him, his new agents are a man hater and some schizophrenic chick who is researching the MK virus
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,296
Reaction score
7,331
Age
33
Country
Scotland
ch 22 is the most recent Jump+ one
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
@Mammo what was the big thing that happened in World's End Harem that had it trending on Jap twitter? How far ahead are the actual magazine releases from the current scantalated releases from Batoto? Cause they released a double chapter but nothing crazy happened in it, only:

Suou got dropped as Reito's agent cause she couldn't fuck him, his new agents are a man hater and some schizophrenic chick who is researching the MK virus
Edited Manga is caught up with Japan

I have no clue what happened in the manga the day it was trending, I don't actually read it

maybe a combination of slow news day and the chapter dropping at midnight when only its fandom is active online
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Weekly WSJ Manga Sales
My Hero Academia 13 - 29,130(420,927)
 

TM2

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2017
Messages
155
Reaction score
95
Age
34
Country
Hong Kong
Is My Hero the only WSJ manga that managed top 50 this round?
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
^yes, it was the only one last week too iirc

since we were talking about Jump Plus, someone scanlated Aharen-san wa Hakarenai, I think it's pretty cute

 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
^ I think so too.
 
Last edited:

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I just watched the Black Clover OVA and I must say that when the anime actually starts airing it'll be one of those anime that may surprise people.
 

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 13, 2015
Messages
4,503
Reaction score
6,604
Country
Germany
I just watched the Black Clover OVA and I must say that when the anime actually starts airing it'll be one of those anime that may surprise people.
Isn't the OVA by a completely different studio than the anime?
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Isn't the OVA by a completely different studio than the anime?
It is the OVA was made by Xebec studio the anime is going to be made by studio Pareot (hope I spelled that right)
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
I found the OVA really hard to watch. The character designs aren't great and I couldn't stand Asta's voice. I'm glad Xebec won't be doing the TV anime. That said, I can't believe we still have virtually no info on the anime.
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I found the OVA really hard to watch. The character designs aren't great and I couldn't stand Asta's voice. I'm glad Xebec won't be doing the TV anime. That said, I can't believe we still have virtually no info on the anime.
The only character design that bugged me was Yuno's the others I was okay with and I always pictured Asta with the voice actor that Kenichi had. My thoughts are that we'll get some type of info on it around the end of June and the possible air date of winter this year to spring next year.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top