Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkerllyFC

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2016
Messages
261
Reaction score
106
Age
31
Country
Dominican Republic
I found the OVA really hard to watch. The character designs aren't great and I couldn't stand Asta's voice. I'm glad Xebec won't be doing the TV anime. That said, I can't believe we still have virtually no info on the anime.
Where is it avaiable? ANd what´s the plot of it?
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Where is it avaiable? ANd what´s the plot of it?
It's on Jaimini's Box's site. It's just the first chapter, with a brief glimpse of the Mars fight at the start.
 

SkerllyFC

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2016
Messages
261
Reaction score
106
Age
31
Country
Dominican Republic
I just watched the Black Clover OVA and I must say that when the anime actually starts airing it'll be one of those anime that may surprise people.
Yeah, how the manga surprised people... by being named "One of The Worst Manga of 2016" by American Comic Reviewers. BEsides these people, it won´t surprise anyone. Accept it, it´s a glorified template shonen manga that check all the right shonen boxes without standing on its own. And I´d rather watch any non-canon story Pierrot will make out of it than reading how Tabata wastes any potential it could have. We don´t need another SAO or Black Cat(and that one dissapointed me so much in manga form, go watch the anime) in our lives, much less in Shounen Jump
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Aharen-san wa Hakarenai
Nice read, I like how there was no weird feeling being the girl was smaller than the MC. it was comfy. I actually know so one like this in real life so maybe why I enjoyed even more. Clingy girls >>

Watching the BC OVA now, I can tell Yuno will be my fav, for this studio the art and animation isn't that bad either. Why did Asta scream "my rival!!" though, haha that was hella lame. Naruto x FT vibes are accurate so far
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Watched the BC OVA. That feeling when Asta's character is made even more obnoxious by a bad VA choice... Yuuno's was actually quite good. Poor budget, action was choppy as, especially the initial and final scenes. At least BC now has its own sort of style, reminds me of how bland it was at the start. Also makes me think it was such a waste to make Asta magicless. There aren't a lot of 'magic' based series that actually do the magic part well. The fights could have been quite nice with attributes and stuff, but Tabata had to make it all about willpower...

As bad as Pierrot are, I do think they will do a better job of the series than this.
 

SkerllyFC

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2016
Messages
261
Reaction score
106
Age
31
Country
Dominican Republic
Watched the BC OVA. That feeling when Asta's character is made even more obnoxious by a bad VA choice... Yuuno's was actually quite good. Poor budget, action was choppy as, especially the initial and final scenes.
How all of you saw it a s having poor budget? Sure, it´s not a AAA production, but I´d lie by saying it doesn´t look good. The backgrounds are pretty to look at, amking feel the viewer like they´re walking in the acenery of the OVA. The little 3D there is is also good-looking, even the mosnter from the trailer. And the character designs are recreated from the manga quite well, save from some minor details(but you know that drawing super detailed drawings for an animated production is hard and tedious).

The music is also nothing professional, but equally screams fantasy, and it fits well almost all of the OVA, with a varying use of flutes, piano, drums, you know... instruments that are appropiate for medieval fantasy.

In terms of production values, it felt like a throwback to 2000s fantasy anime, but in a good way.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Poor animation/art isn't budget issues. Most times it's because of time constraints/tight deadlines.


Btw what is the best Jump Festa OVA you've seen?
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
How all of you saw it a s having poor budget? Sure, it´s not a AAA production, but I´d lie by saying it doesn´t look good. The backgrounds are pretty to look at, amking feel the viewer like they´re walking in the acenery of the OVA. The little 3D there is is also good-looking, even the mosnter from the trailer. And the character designs are recreated from the manga quite well, save from some minor details(but you know that drawing super detailed drawings for an animated production is hard and tedious).

The music is also nothing professional, but equally screams fantasy, and it fits well almost all of the OVA, with a varying use of flutes, piano, drums, you know... instruments that are appropiate for medieval fantasy.

In terms of production values, it felt like a throwback to 2000s fantasy anime, but in a good way.
Yeah, your right. I worded that poorly. I actually dont have a problem with anything you mentioned. Should have said poor animation. The action scenes were jarringly choppy. Felt like they were going for some kind of perspective effect, but it didnt work out? Don't really see why they even included those unrelated scenes which were the worst. Was it the dungeon fight where Asta gets his second sword? They were out of place and kind of killed the mood.
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I wish some kind soul would scan Magmel. I want to be able to read it leisurely.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Yup. I read Magmel's first chapter yesterday and I enjoyed it a lot. We can try requesting it on Jamini's Box website, I think they have a poll for new series.

On another note, when can we see Kimetsu volume 6 sales?
 

ElJin

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2015
Messages
334
Reaction score
241
Age
28
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Shoseki was updated with 5/2 and 5/3. Black Clover is selling more than Prison School and Kimetsu is doing awesome too. Really a great improvement.
 

HIGAN0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2016
Messages
743
Reaction score
1,880
Country
Eyrie
Shoseki ranking :

5/2
1-One Piece 85
2-Haikyuu!! 26
3-Shokugeki no Soma 24
4-Boruto 03
6-Black Clover 11
9-Kimetsu no Yaiba 06
13-Karadasagashi 13
16-Samon-kun wa Summoner 09
78-Ibitsu no Amalgam 03
90-The Promised Neverland 03
106- Tenjin 07
158-The Promised Neverland 01
165-The Promised Neverland 02
254-Ole Golazo 02
272-Kimetsu no Yaiba 05
293-Kimetsu no Yaiba 01
304-Kimetsu no Yaiba 03
317-Kimetsu no Yaiba 02
357-Kimetsu no Yaiba 04

5/3
1-One Piece 85
2-Haikyuu!! 26
3-Shokugeki no Soma 24
4-Boruto 03
6-Black Clover 11
8-Kimetsu no Yaiba 06
16-Karadasagashi 13
20-Samon-kun wa Summoner 09
77-The Promised Neverland 03
128-The Promised Neverland 01
143-The Promised Neverland 02
146-Tenjin 07
237-Kimetsu no Yaiba 05
297-Kimetsu no Yaiba 01
319-Kimetsu no Yaiba 04
338-Kimetsu no Yaiba 02
396-Kimetsu no Yaiba 03
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,296
Reaction score
7,331
Age
33
Country
Scotland
That slime life oneshot on Jump+ today is cute. It's weird it being vertical scrolling but I probably just don't check stuff enough to have noticed other manga like that on the site.
 

ElJin

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2015
Messages
334
Reaction score
241
Age
28
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
There's a site where I can see DVD ranking of sales? Like oricon, but for DVD/Blu-Ray. I just wanna se how Black Clover's OVA DVD is doing.
 

DyanSon

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2017
Messages
367
Reaction score
134
Age
29
Country
Philippines
Dude I think the OVA is bundle on takubon its not going to show up on BD/DVD chart.
 

ElJin

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2015
Messages
334
Reaction score
241
Age
28
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Hmm, I don't know. It's not have been selling together with the volume, they are two different products.

But yeah, I don't have any sure about if it's going to show up on charts or not.
 

Avok

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2015
Messages
477
Reaction score
363
Gender
Male
Country
Avatar
The OVA is bundled with a special edition of volume 11.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top