Anime Fairytail Anime 2017 Expectations

SleipnirX

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 7, 2017
Messages
399
Reaction score
661
Age
31
Country
United Kingdom
As far as i remember Sensei said he is now personally involved in the Anime project and trying to find a new studio.
So definitely won't be going back to statelight and A1? I preferred the new art style of 2014 onwards, but the animation quality was way too poor (in particular the colour saturation and fluidity/ detail of fast moving scenes) and there was far too much recap per episode in general. Won't wish for a miracle improvenent, but something that isn't borderline unwatchable would help to get me back into the anime after quite a while of being manga only.
 

Globear

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 7, 2017
Messages
49
Reaction score
92
Age
25
Country
Australia
So definitely won't be going back to statelight and A1? I preferred the new art style of 2014 onwards, but the animation quality was way too poor (in particular the colour saturation and fluidity/ detail of fast moving scenes) and there was far too much recap per episode in general. Won't wish for a miracle improvenent, but something that isn't borderline unwatchable would help to get me back into the anime after quite a while of being manga only.
I personally liked the pastel colours although it lacked the oomph in general of the original
 

evildeadfan102

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2017
Messages
54
Reaction score
63
Age
37
Country
United Kingdom
I bet im the only one that like the characters designs more in the original :) I liked how Lucy's hair was more yellow and bright :D I still love 2014 onwards but i miss the original designs and colours :)
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
So definitely won't be going back to statelight and A1? I preferred the new art style of 2014 onwards, but the animation quality was way too poor (in particular the colour saturation and fluidity/ detail of fast moving scenes) and there was far too much recap per episode in general. Won't wish for a miracle improvenent, but something that isn't borderline unwatchable would help to get me back into the anime after quite a while of being manga only.
Can't say for sure you know END.But what i liked about A1's 2014 was it's deep background(the very thing which many people disliked).


But see the movie thread but beware of Spoilers.Some news about next season.

Seems like design of Zeref,Invel and Brandish is given.
 

Globear

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 7, 2017
Messages
49
Reaction score
92
Age
25
Country
Australia
Can't say for sure you know END.But what i liked about A1's 2014 was it's deep background(the very thing which many people disliked).


But see the movie thread but beware of Spoilers.Some news about next season.

Seems like design of Zeref,Invel and Brandish is given.
I have a question although it might be a silly one =.=

Why would the designs not be given?
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
I have a question although it might be a silly one =.=

Why would the designs not be given?
I means desgins of the next season.Hopefully they will keep the designs same.
 

Globear

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 7, 2017
Messages
49
Reaction score
92
Age
25
Country
Australia
I means desgins of the next season.Hopefully they will keep the designs same.
Oooohhh my whoopsies! I see +.+

Id assume they would be at least mildly similar besides from maybe neinheart, that batmanblood dude and possibly la la cray cray since those were the ones who looked different from their original plans (maybe?)
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
Oooohhh my whoopsies! I see +.+

Id assume they would be at least mildly similar besides from maybe neinheart, that batmanblood dude and possibly la la cray cray since those were the ones who looked different from their original plans (maybe?)
Interesting nickname you give there Globie.

Neinhart and Bloodman were not in the movie.
 

Globear

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 7, 2017
Messages
49
Reaction score
92
Age
25
Country
Australia
Interesting nickname you give there Globie.

Neinhart and Bloodman were not in the movie.
Which nickname?

Oh really? A bit surprising to be honest i would have thought so.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Seeing Brandish and Invel in the movie is dope, now I wonder how their voice actors with feel with me. Saw the comment that it fits her like crazy so looking forward to the other 12s.
 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,663
Reaction score
31,935
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
Brandish's voice actor: Numakura Manami (沼倉愛美). Manami is also Rio Nakamura's voice actor (from Ansatsu Kyoushitsu/Assassination Classroom)


Invel's voice: Maeno Tomoaki (前野智昭). Tomoaki is also Son Hak's voice actor (from Akatsuki no Yona)


As for Acnologia's voice actor, I think everyone already knew? His voice was already available during Tartaros arc. It's Toriumi Kousuke (鳥海浩輔). Kousuke is also Kiba Inuzuka's voice actor (from Naruto).

credits
@PoodlesJP
and this tweet
 

evildeadfan102

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2017
Messages
54
Reaction score
63
Age
37
Country
United Kingdom
I want them to CHANGE THE ENTIRE AVATAR/ALVAREZ ARC COMPLETELY.

I don't care if its canon or not canon (that's fanmade anyway).
I dont
I want to see Alvarez Empire arc animated :) There are so many good moments :)
So many people do nothing but complain all the time.
Yeah Fairy Tail alvarez empire arc has many problems and all but all people do is hate and complain.
I personally get sick of so much hate
I cant wait for the anime to come back :) I hope its dragon cry animation and artstyle :)
 

Demon Hunter

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2016
Messages
4,434
Reaction score
12,850
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
I dont
I want to see Alvarez Empire arc animated :) There are so many good moments :)
So many people do nothing but complain all the time.
Yeah Fairy Tail alvarez empire arc has many problems and all but all people do is hate and complain.
I personally get sick of so much hate
I cant wait for the anime to come back :) I hope its dragon cry animation and artstyle :)
hehe

nah Dragon Cry is a movie and movies have God tier art and animation.

it will never have that kind of animation unless they got to OPM studio.
 

Angiecakes1990

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 16, 2017
Messages
824
Reaction score
430
Age
36
Country
Australia
well its still A1 pictures but theres another animation studio when they did dragon cry lets hope Hiro keeps that animation for the animes return im putting my money its return on september too
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I dont
I want to see Alvarez Empire arc animated :) There are so many good moments :)
So many people do nothing but complain all the time.
Yeah Fairy Tail alvarez empire arc has many problems and all but all people do is hate and complain.
I personally get sick of so much hate
I cant wait for the anime to come back :) I hope its dragon cry animation and artstyle :)
yeah im sick of it too I feel like throwing something after seeing those comments they should at least respect Hiro and his choices cause its his manga
 

Demon Hunter

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2016
Messages
4,434
Reaction score
12,850
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
besides, you have a lot of time to animate movies and you have bigger budged.

so no, anime won't have the same animation as the movie.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Angiecakes1990

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 16, 2017
Messages
824
Reaction score
430
Age
36
Country
Australia
besides, you have a lot of time to animate movies and you have bigger budged.

so no, anime won't have the same animation as the movie.
well hey it might be who knows
 
Top