Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
Wow, it's nice to see how much Kimetsu has grown, especially given the humble beginnings it came from. Honestly, early on it seemed like something that would have been axed 12 chapters in given the questionable art and average start, but I'm glad it was given the time to grow into what it is now. I didn't expect an advertisement that big. Could anyone translate what the panels say?
Had pretty rocky rankings early on as well.
Happy to see it slowly rise to what it's becoming.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
I can't wait for Yuragi when
The wedding backfired and the Tengu will have to follow him forever
It will be glorious. 90% I think it will happen.
 

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 13, 2015
Messages
4,503
Reaction score
6,604
Country
Germany
I can't wait for Yuragi when
The wedding backfired and the Tengu will have to follow him forever
It will be glorious. 90% I think it will happen.
Needs a better twist where
the Tengu becomes Yuuna's servant.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
really happy about kny numbers, I hope they keep improving

preview for Soul Catcher dude new oneshot in color
 

Bigivelfhq

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2013
Messages
846
Reaction score
501
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
really happy about kny numbers, I hope they keep improving

preview for Soul Catcher dude new oneshot in color
Soul Catcher(s) brah is not going to disappoint, after the Giga oneshots dropped the ball.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Looks like the second chapter of the Reincarnated as Yamcha thing is up on Jump+. I see it's also no 4 in the weekly rankings, does anyone know when exactly the weekly rankings get updated? I'm curious if it's high due to people reading ch 1 knowing ch 2 comes out soon or if ch 2 is showing in the rankings already despite just releasing.
 

Shinji Hirako

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2017
Messages
133
Reaction score
196
Age
30
Country
United Kingdom
really happy about kny numbers, I hope they keep improving

preview for Soul Catcher dude new oneshot in color
I thought the Kubo/Matsui interview was going to be in the third issue. Is it in the second issue?
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I thought the Kubo/Matsui interview was going to be in the third issue. Is it in the second issue?
From what I remember, whoever said it was in the third issue read it wrong. It said it's the third Giga interview (counting the one from last year), not that it's in the third issue.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
So it's coming out this month, right? Hopefully there's some info on a possible new series from each of them. I'm especially interested to see what Kubo has to say considering the drama surrounding the ending of Bleach.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
So it's coming out this month, right? Hopefully there's some info on a possible new series from each of them. I'm especially interested to see what Kubo has to say considering the drama surrounding the ending of Bleach.
Wasn't that last year's issue. I think the interview was already released
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland

Shinji Hirako

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2017
Messages
133
Reaction score
196
Age
30
Country
United Kingdom

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Not sure why Sorachi is so high. While Gintama is a good series, the art is nothing to write home about. Then again, never take these polls too seriously.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
My top artist,In no order(Although tbh I would put Murata at #1) would be

Murata
Oda
Toriyama
Kubo
Tosh
Inoue
Obata
Horikoshi
Togashi
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
My top 5 would be:

Obata
Inoue
Toriyama
Murata
Horikoshi
 

Mawara

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2015
Messages
210
Reaction score
234
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Is there some sort pun hidden again? Because after the WSJ Female Lead-Poll, I really cannot trust those again. Especially, how much japanese people love puns after all.

But if I have to give my opinion on this-
Weird seeing Kubo so low. Should be more mid-list-tier. Toriyama is definitely 2nd place, bc dragonball and less bc his artstyle. For me at least, it isnt that special. Hirohiko Araki is a difficult one. Some parts of JoJo looking damn good(especially Part 7). Don't know if I would put him so high, but still.
But Obata? Yeah I can see it. Though in the end it's just a poll & it is based of opinions, but his art is definitely one of the more prettier ones. At least, I dont mind this.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
I remember Kishimoto (I think it was him at least) talking about Toriyama's art in an interview, saying it was one of the first to really amaze him in how good it was or something along those lines. Dragon Ball's popularity is probably part of it but I'm pretty sure his art is genuinely very highly regarded.

Even now his style is really distinct and easy to recognise, despite essentially being the direct inspiration for an entire generation of mangaka.
 

Ecchi Boy

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2011
Messages
1,036
Reaction score
1,307
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
My Top 10 jump Artist:
Araki (Jojo's Bizarre adventure)
Horikoshi (My Hero Academia)
Numa (Samon The Summoner)
Takei (Shaman King)
Amano (Katekyo Hitman Reborn!)
Kubo (Bleach)
Togashi (Hunter x Hunter)
Shimabukuro (Toriko)
Matsui (Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro)
Takahashi (Yu-Gi-Oh)
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Special Mentions:
Itani (Takuan and Batsu's Daily Demon Diary)
Tadahiro (Yuuna of Yuragi Manor)
Naoya (SWOT, Muttsuri Shinken)
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top