Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Actual the worst subject was the whole Togashi hiatus topic...a lot of people were just being ignorant.

It's not that great. I dropped it and it seems like people are still reading it for the ships. Which makes me think it's becoming like a FT 2.0. The writing may of improved but it went really downhill for me. I still follow the anime and while the OVA's are welcomed, I just feel like them covering canon material like that makes me believe a chance of season 3 or even 4 is very unlikely.

SnS anime did poorly. I think S2 sold like a painfully low amount of 800 copies (?) and the content they covered was my fav. arc in the series. They messed that arc up, it had pacing issues.
Well, I'm talking about the mos recent chapters here, so I may not understand my excitement.
I don't usually read mangas just for the ships and I really like when I learn something with a manga. Shokugeki no Soma has been developing its explanations about cooking recently, the latest chapter was one of the best, I understood everything and I am a noob at culinary. I think it is an aspect of the series that it is not much appreciated.
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
There was a short interview with Yuragi-sou's editor, Nakaji Seijirou published online.
https://mantan-web.jp/2017/05/13/20170512dog00m200044000c.html

Interview Details:
Appeal
- It’s a bright, fun, and healthy love comedy
- Yuragi-sou’s cute heroines and Kogarashi will make you laugh
- “Just a heartwarming story”
- Enjoy the cute heroines that Miura-sensei draws

Creation of Yuragisou
- After Koisome Momiji, I felt that we should do various oneshots, but I couldn’t see them being a series
- "I thought it would be difficult to proceed with serializing one of them, so I said to Miura-sensei, “Why don’t you just draw what you want to draw? With your favorite character type and element”, and it worked."

When editing, please tell the difficult points and fun parts
- Miura-sensei’s characters are very lively, and the composition of the story is good
- "Basically, I do not have a hard time at all editing."
- "When talking on the phone with Miura-sensei, he sometimes says a bit much, like “Do you think sailor uniforms would be better?” or “In this scene, how about the ass rather than the chest?” etc. The surrounding people's looks are concerning."

Future Expansions
- Anime! - that’s what I want. I’ll do my best to make it happen.
- As a story, it will continue to be bright and fun like “Yuuna-san” has been, and the love patterns of the heroines and Kogarashi-kun will keep progressing little by little
- Unexpectedly, the secret of Yuna and the deeply refined Kogarashi is gradually approaching

Word to Readers
- Please look forward to what heroine will be focused on each week in “Weekly Shonen Jump”!
- "Miura-sensei and I will do my best to exceed expectations!"
- Volume 6 releases July 4 with revisions/corrections!
- Check out the digital colored volumes as well!
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
The only thing healthy there is the boobs. xD
Cannot be "just heartwarming" with boobs flying all around...
Man, I cannot forget Koisome Momiji and it is frustrating.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
There was a short interview with Yuragi-sou's editor, Nakaji Seijirou published online.
https://mantan-web.jp/2017/05/13/20170512dog00m200044000c.html

Interview Details:
Appeal
- It’s a bright, fun, and healthy love comedy
- Yuragi-sou’s cute heroines and Kogarashi will make you laugh
- “Just a heartwarming story”
- Enjoy the cute heroines that Miura-sensei draws

Creation of Yuragisou
- After Koisome Momiji, I felt that we should do various oneshots, but I couldn’t see them being a series
- "I thought it would be difficult to proceed with serializing one of them, so I said to Miura-sensei, “Why don’t you just draw what you want to draw? With your favorite character type and element”, and it worked."

When editing, please tell the difficult points and fun parts
- Miura-sensei’s characters are very lively, and the composition of the story is good
- "Basically, I do not have a hard time at all editing."
- "When talking on the phone with Miura-sensei, he sometimes says a bit much, like “Do you think sailor uniforms would be better?” or “In this scene, how about the ass rather than the chest?” etc. The surrounding people's looks are concerning."

Future Expansions
- Anime! - that’s what I want. I’ll do my best to make it happen.
- As a story, it will continue to be bright and fun like “Yuuna-san” has been, and the love patterns of the heroines and Kogarashi-kun will keep progressing little by little
- Unexpectedly, the secret of Yuna and the deeply refined Kogarashi is gradually approaching

Word to Readers
- Please look forward to what heroine will be focused on each week in “Weekly Shonen Jump”!
- "Miura-sensei and I will do my best to exceed expectations!"
- Volume 6 releases July 4 with revisions/corrections!
- Check out the digital colored volumes as well!
Appeal
- Harem is healthy indeed
- yes!
- yes!!
- yes!!!

Creation of Yuragi
- thanks to that, Yaya stays the same in Yuragi

the editing part is hilarious.

Future Expansions
- I'm waiting
- harem end or riot
- yes

Word to Readers
- yes
- yes
- can't wait
- hopefully English release is in the work. Seven Seas please.

Now where my cross over with Shokugeki no Soma, you and Shun already teased two cameos and a poster.
 

Lumilleon

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 10, 2017
Messages
134
Reaction score
132
Age
34
Country
Galactic Empire
There was a short interview with Yuragi-sou's editor, Nakaji Seijirou published online.
https://mantan-web.jp/2017/05/13/20170512dog00m200044000c.html

Interview Details:
Appeal
- It’s a bright, fun, and healthy love comedy
- Yuragi-sou’s cute heroines and Kogarashi will make you laugh
- “Just a heartwarming story”
- Enjoy the cute heroines that Miura-sensei draws

Creation of Yuragisou
- After Koisome Momiji, I felt that we should do various oneshots, but I couldn’t see them being a series
- "I thought it would be difficult to proceed with serializing one of them, so I said to Miura-sensei, “Why don’t you just draw what you want to draw? With your favorite character type and element”, and it worked."

When editing, please tell the difficult points and fun parts
- Miura-sensei’s characters are very lively, and the composition of the story is good
- "Basically, I do not have a hard time at all editing."
- "When talking on the phone with Miura-sensei, he sometimes says a bit much, like “Do you think sailor uniforms would be better?” or “In this scene, how about the ass rather than the chest?” etc. The surrounding people's looks are concerning."

Future Expansions
- Anime! - that’s what I want. I’ll do my best to make it happen.
- As a story, it will continue to be bright and fun like “Yuuna-san” has been, and the love patterns of the heroines and Kogarashi-kun will keep progressing little by little
- Unexpectedly, the secret of Yuna and the deeply refined Kogarashi is gradually approaching

Word to Readers
- Please look forward to what heroine will be focused on each week in “Weekly Shonen Jump”!
- "Miura-sensei and I will do my best to exceed expectations!"
- Volume 6 releases July 4 with revisions/corrections!
- Check out the digital colored volumes as well!

Healthy?
I wish we could get the author face screenshot when him said it.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
I still need to catch up to Yuragi. I think I'm like 30 chapters behind. It's such a comfy series.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Yet somehow it manages to be. Its precisely why Yuragi is so great.
Get your head stuck between boobs can only be heartwarming between monther and child, not between a perverted protagonist and a girl that "accidentally" feel onto him. XP
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Did you even read more than 10 pages of it? If you did, you would know that the mc isn't perverted at all.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Yuragi is a great series. I cant believe I was sleeping on this series for a while.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
I still need to catch up to Yuragi. I think I'm like 30 chapters behind. It's such a comfy series.
you are missing out on some juicy stuffs. The current arc is hilarious.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Did you even read more than 10 pages of it? If you did, you would know that the mc isn't perverted at all.
All of them pretend not to be. XD
You guys talk about Yuragi as if it was something completely different from what we know about ecchi and we are talking about Jump here (the most cliche magazine, remember?). XD
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
All of them pretend not to be. XD
You guys talk about Yuragi as if it was something completely different from what we know about ecchi and we are talking about Jump here (the most cliche magazine, remember?). XD
Preposterous. How come jump can be more cliche than WSM right now with FT, Fire Force and Seven Deadly Sins in the same era. Black Clover is cliche, but it can't beat the 3 alone.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Preposterous. How come jump can be more cliche than WSM right now with FT, Fire Force and Seven Deadly Sins in the same era. Black Clover is cliche, but it can't beat the 3 alone.
You are assuming that there is only Black Clover which is cliche in the magazine. :eyeroll
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Preposterous. How come jump can be more cliche than WSM right now with FT, Fire Force and Seven Deadly Sins in the same era. Black Clover is cliche, but it can't beat the 3 alone.
Eh, Sins is actually one of the more unique battle shounen, but this isn't really the place to discuss that.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
You are assuming that there is only Black Clover which is cliche in the magazine. :eyeroll
I'll bite. Give me more cliche examples using the current line up.

I'll help you saying what is definitely not using last week's toc: Neverland, Robot x Laserbeam, One Piece, Dr. STone, Boku no Hero, Souma, Gintama, HM, Isobee.

My opinion cliches: Kimetsu, Spring Weapon, Zumou, BC, Saiki, WCS, Poro, U19. (None are more cliche than the 3 WSM series mentioned or BC)

Eh, Sins is actually one of the more unique battle shounen, but this isn't really the place to discuss that.
Oh boy... Unique? Do we read (and translate) the same manga perhaps? I hardly think so...

But yeah not this thread discussion.
 
Last edited:

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
i have to disagree with robot x laser beam being unique.

What Roboto is doing is somewhat similar to the majority of Jump sport manga. He is similar to Ryouma in POT

Have a match with the regular to replace the regular. Ole Golazo just had that plots .Roboto also shares similar characteristic like Kuroko. He also has a weakness like many other Jump sports MC (hinata is short, HZ is small, Sena is small, Ryoma is arrogant)
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
My Hero Academia is cliche, man... The all plot of the protagonist trying to become the best reminds you of something? All the heroism concept that Deku embodies and I hate so much is also cliche. Trying to save everybody and everything.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
i have to disagree with robot x laser beam being unique.

What Roboto is doing is somewhat similar to the majority of Jump sport manga. He is similar to Ryouma in POT

Have a match with the regular to replace the regular. Ole Golazo just had that plots .Roboto also shares similar characteristic like Kuroko. He also has a weakness like many other Jump sports MC (hinata is short, HZ is small, Sena is small, Ryoma is arrogant)
I agree. RxL is good, but not so innovative.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Lol, I love how you point out that you translate a series as if it automatically makes your opinion the correct one. Nice one m8.

Also Kimetsu is cliche while One Piece, Souma, Hero Academia, and RoboLaser aren't? Especially Souma, as it's arguably one of the most cliche manga in WSJ right now. Once again, nice one m8.
 

TM2

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2017
Messages
155
Reaction score
95
Age
34
Country
Hong Kong
I actually like the idealistic heroism of MHA and I also think its a nice touch that the story is focusing on the limitations of All Might and Deku's stance on heroism. Then again some of my favorite Superheroes in western comics pretty much consists of people like Superman, Spider-man and Captain America so maybe I'm biased, make of that what you will.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top