Final - August vs Irene | Page 21 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Final August vs Irene

Who wins the Tournament?

• August

Votes: 52 57.8%
  • Irene Belserion

Votes: 38 42.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Actually he went the way August and co came from which is further down east to Bosco. Why would he be sitting down if there were DS in his vicinity?

And "He is coming to North" means he wasn't in the North from the get go. It would only take Acno seconds to get there from anywhere in the country.

August closer to the guild and Jacob was at the guild so she wouldn't of met them.
Again wrong. Acnologia did not go the way August and co came from, he went towards the mountains which are in the north. Look carefully at the background where the three spriggan came from, and where Acnologia went.
Why would Irene even bother to fight Acnologia if he was far in the east, doesnt make sense does it.
Acnologia wasnt sitting (what??), he just arrived from the east ... also you can see from when Irene has her monologue that he was in his dragon form while on his way to the north, and she intercepted him when he transformed back into human form. Also, it took Acnologia hours not seconds to reach the north.

This is the last of me on this topic. Back to Irene vs August.

Last edited:

inactive lurker account

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Hmm... I checked the chapters and it seems from the way the background was drawn that the mountains are to the north, and when Acnologia walked away after finishing off God Serena his path seemed to be towards the mountains... but who knows, Acnologia might have taken some detour along the way

On the matter of Irene's physical attacks in dragon form, this is a point of curiosity, how long would August's defensive spells such as energy barriers, or Crash used as a shield, last against claw and tail swipes or speed rushes? It seems that the overestimation vs underestimation game would also be in play in this scenario.

Finally, how important are the opposite assumptions that August has or does not have dragon slayer magic for the various arguments in favor of either August or Irene? Because in my view, optimized August trumps optimized Irene in the long run not necessarily because of the dragon slayer magic which Irene can counter anyway, but because optimized copying ability and a very generous interpretation of the nature of August's magic would trump optimized enchantment and optimized dragon stats, assuming of course that enchantment is classifiable as caster or holder

Last edited:

Stormsfury

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Meteor is weak offensively, and isn't anywhere near the speed of a Dragon. Time Dilation isn't going to help with someone who has superior stats and Dragon Resistance. Lol August has no ways to harm Irene while Irene has multiple ways to kill him.

August doesn't have DS magic therefore he dies. Irene can beat him physically or turn her magic into holder magic by just imbueing it into an object. August can't win against a Dragon especially one that can counter his main magic easily.
Unless stated, he can copy and use DS magic, he was only stated to not be able to use holder type, dragon slayer magic does not fall under said category so he can use it. He can also use Irene's own magic to turn her into a human form or some other creature. I would also like proof of Irene's speed feats in her dragon form that would completely outspeed a combination of Time Dilation and Meteor please.
Hmm... I checked the chapters and it seems from the way the background was drawn that the mountains are to the north, and when Acnologia walked away after finishing off God Serena his path seemed to be towards the mountains... but who knows, Acnologia might have taken some detour along the way

On the matter of Irene's physical attacks in dragon form, this is a point of curiosity, how long would August's defensive spells such as energy barriers, or Crash used as a shield, last against claw and tail swipes or speed rushes? It seems that the overestimation vs underestimation game would also be in play in this scenario.

Finally, how important are the opposite assumptions that August has or does not have dragon slayer magic for the various arguments in favor of either August or Irene? Because in my view, optimized August trumps optimized Irene in the long run not necessarily because of the dragon slayer magic which Irene can counter anyway, but because optimized copying ability and a very generous interpretation of the nature of August's magic would trump optimized enchantment and optimized dragon stats, assuming of course that enchantment is classifiable as caster or holder
August doesn't have to block her physical attacks, he can just dodge them using Time Dilation, Meteor and Cobra's ability of hearing said attacks.

Wait..... why am I arguing about this, the power scales are so messed up and frankly I can't be asked anymore tbh :yodawg

inactive lurker account

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Well, August has so many options, and Irene also has a lot of options. Given their versatility, I like to explore and assess several possible scenarios, including the one where August would attempt to use defensive spells against the physical attacks of Irene in dragon form.

Maybe it would be better if we try to note down the various situations and conditions that would favor either party, and the scenarios and methods by which one party wins over another...

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Well, August has so many options, and Irene also has a lot of options. Given their versatility, I like to explore several possible scenarios, including the one where August would attempt to use defensive spells against the physical attacks of Irene in dragon form.
From what capabilities he has shown already, (even with his questionable demise for not much of a reason) August should be able to recreate himself from pretty much nothing after being hit with the hardest of Irene's attacks. Think FH Zeref kind of regeneration.

inactive lurker account

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
From what capabilities he has shown already, (even with his questionable demise for not much of a reason) August should be able to recreate himself from pretty much nothing after being hit with the hardest of Irene's attacks. Think FH Zeref kind of regeneration.
And at this point the discussion may very well move to what we think about the nature of August's magic. So far many of the arguments revolve around what he can or cannot copy, what he has or has not copied, but I see his copying ability as merely an effect of his peculiar magical nature, said to be neither light nor dark, and powerful from the start.

Those who would optimize and overestimate would see it as something akin to Fairy Heart, and perhaps an imperfect representation of the fullness of the One Magic, while those who would downplay and underestimate would probably limit the perks to copying and advanced knowledge

Last edited:

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
And at this point the discussion may very well move to what we think about the nature of August's magic. So far many of the arguments revolve around what he can or cannot copy, what he has or has not copied, but I see his copying ability as merely an effect of his peculiar magical nature, said to be neither light nor dark, and powerful from the start.

Those who would optimize and overestimate would see it as something akin to Fairy Heart, and perhaps an imperfect representation of the fullness of the One Magic, while those who would downplay and underestimate would probably limit the perks to copying and advanced knowledge
I don't see it as being a source of infinite magic. Copying is not the same as mastering a magic. And you're right. It's not a question of what he can and cannot copy. It's a question of how well he can copy it.

inactive lurker account

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
I don't see it as being a source of infinite magic. Copying is not the same as mastering a magic. And you're right. It's not a question of what he can and cannot copy. It's a question of how well he can copy it.
Infinite magic would be too much of a stretch, though I myself have some reservations if Fairy Heart is truly infinite, or just immense beyond imagination. What I meant to say though is that the nature of August's magic is an anomaly that grants broken powers, much like Fairy Heart but to a lesser extent.

As for mastery of copying, I personally hold the view that the nature of his magic allows him to understand the deepest secrets not just of the specific spell he witnesses but more importantly the category of magic used to craft the spell. However, even with that sort of advanced wisdom he would still need to learn the hard way the actual weaknesses and strengths of the mages around him, unless he has copied Wahl's magic...

To put it more sharply, the debate around Irene is whether she is a weak dragon or a strong dragon, whereas the debate about August is whether he's just a glorified version of Hades, or a freaky amalgamation of some of Mavis and Zeref's powers

ADDENDUM: Had August survived, he would be great to have around in the setting as a wandering teacher of magic... oh well

Last edited:

Ebony Maw

Reaction score
Country
Sabertooth
Only Erza reacted to the Meteor. No one else did. That meteor was going to destroy an entire battlefield that included multiple mountains in it. The radius of the spell was going to be island+ lowball. Regular meteors impact radius are nowhere near that level of destruction. Irene's meteor had to retain its speed in order to be that destructive. Mini convo? Literally a dude just commented on a shooting star. That's not a conversation. Like I said the Meteor did not loose speed. There would be sonic booms if the Meteor speed dropped drastically. Erza intercepted the meteor. She didn't have to be super fast to catch a meteor that was heading towards her. And Erza is also a fast character so she would be able to react to that level of speed.
Sorry, what? When has Erza ever reacted to something that passed stars and planets in seconds? When has anyone in this manga done something similar?

I really don't understand why you're convinced Deus Sema didn't slow down. Deus Sema going as fast in-atmosphere as it did in space would make no sense at all, because of air resistance. Not to mention the fact that if it was really travelling so fast as to pass multiple planets in seconds, it should have hit Earthland pretty much the instant it entered the atmosphere. As for the lack of sonic booms... I'll repeat my question from before:

What's more ridiculous, a meteor getting slowed down by air resistance without making sonic booms, or Erza with every bone in her body (bar her right arm) broken intercepting a meteor that passed planets in seconds?
Bcs Irene has already shown to dodge Erza who had double stats with ease.
An impressive feat. But I don't really see enchanted Erza stacking up to Meteor August in speed. Keep in mind that Meteor Jellal was capable of blitzing Acnologia, and August's copies are usually better than the original spell due to his ridiculous MP.
She dodged and attack from Acno as well.
A casual Acno. Not that that's bad, I'm just being specific.
So it's double standards to use August feats to say he can dodge Cana's Cards despite being tagged yet you completely disregard Irene's feats that show her clown Erza in speed, and dodge Acno's attacks.
Except that DF Wendy blitzing her was a one-time only thing. It's not comparable to the Cana/August situation because August showed that he was easily able to dodge Cana's cards despite being blindsided, yet you used an example where he got hit because he had only just got free from Gildarts. Had DF Wendy tried to blitz her numerous times and it had only worked once, I would be lowballing, but she only got one chance to react to DF Wendy, and she showed that she couldn't. I'm not disregarding her other feats, hell I even said that Irene got caught because DF Wendy blindsided her, but acting like she can react to Meteor August when she's struggled to react to DF Wendy is straight up wanking her reaction feats.
Gildarts grabbed August's staff not August so he had an easy opportunity to dodge those cards. Gild didn't hinder his movements in the slightest.
You just defeated your own argument, he was hindered because Gildarts grabbed his staff:

Had August let go of his staff he would have been able to dodge it, but as we can see above, Gildarts literally broke the staff apart and tore it away from August, and then Cana hits him with the cards. I think we should also factor in that August shocked too, as Gildarts was explaining he had figured out what August's magic was.
Wrong. Acno let them hit him. Acno gets scaled to Dragons that can cross a super continent within seconds. Size is nothing as his speed and reaction craps on any Tenrou characters.
Conceded on Acno. That said, the point of that argument was that August is fast enough to dodge her Claw Swipes in Meteor.
Dragon Irene should be far faster than Cana's Cards as well.
It's a good thing August can casually dodge Cana's cards (despite being blindsided) then.
How the hell am I downplaying featless character?
By ignoring a statement that said they were legitimately "troublesome". And btw, this is actually hilarious because you're ignoring hype that Irene herself gave them. The fact that you call Midnight, Cobra and Racer Tenrou level characters despite getting hype from Irene is comedy.
They were so troublesome that Irene sent Heine and Juliet after them lol. Her statement was already contradicted by her actions.
First off, her enchantments are powerful, do remember that fodder she enchanted managed to give Erza trouble. Second off, CS would absolutely demolish Juliet and Heine, they have better magic and better teamwork.

Also, are you really downplaying Juliet and Heine? Even when a character like Mira had to go all out against them? And was left exhausted by them?
If they were so troublesome why didn't she send a S12 after them rather than her two lackeys?
She didn't send a Spriggan because both of them were on the battlefield.
Jellal is not better than all of Sabertooth.
Pre-WSDM Sting? It's pretty likely. Think about this, their best mage is either Sting or Minerva. Rogue, who was Sting's equal pre-skip and who has pretty much always his equal, is only S12 Historia level. As is Minerva. We can gauge that three S12 historias are equal to one Spriggan, seeing as how Neinhart was tired after reviving the three of them and the Spriggans are all supposed to have around the same MP. So Sabertooth's three best mages are roughly equivalent to one Spriggan.

Jellal one-shots S12 tiers with a mid-level technique. And said technique has a large AoE. Thus, one Grand Chariot should be able take all of Sabertooth's best mages out. From there, no one can challenge him. And trust me, I wish this wasn't the case.
Honestly wondering how OS are so over hype to be honest.
Continue calling them overhyped if you want, it doesn't change the fact that Irene thought they were trouble.
Meredy literally got her butt whooped by Zancrow in this arc and she had way more time to train than them. She was also stronger than them before the timeskip as well so add a seven year training gap she should've been exponentially stronger than them. So if she is still getting whooped by Tenrou lvl opponents I don't see OS having any exponential increase in their power either. They have shown anything in this arc to say they have gotten that powerful either.
1. Anyone who is close to Tenrou lvl in this manga isn't being called trouble by anyone, let alone a high tier Spriggan. Stop lowballing.
2. Meredy may have had trouble with Zancrow but Juvia also had trouble with Keyes. And yet she went on to last a decent time against bloodlusted DeS Gray in Ice Lock. Hell, Wendy got her leg broken by Ezel and Erza got her ass kicked by Historias from pre-Tenrou + Tenrou + Tartaros. Do I need to list further examples? The Historia fights were absolutely ridiculous in relation to the power scale.
Sting, and Rogue never fought Bradman (while he was alive).
True.
Yukino, Rogue, and Sting didn't have the slightest flue who Larcade was. Considering the main core of Sabertooth were fighting within each others vicinity I doubt Orga, Minerva, or Rufus fought them either as Sting, Rogue, and Yukino would've noticed them fighting them.
Actually Yukino did know who Larcade was (aside from the whole Dragneel thing), but other than that, true.
That means Irene was the one who soloed Sabertooth.
Not true, we have no idea how the battle in the North went, she could have simply just used Berserker in the North for all we know. If we're sticking to clear hype + feats, we shouldn't be giving Irene credit for an event we don't know the circumstances of. Besides, they may have seen her when they were crucified.
Cruxification was kind of her thing as well.
That's true, but as I said above, she could have simply been seen by them when they were crucified.
Also you say stick to feats yet you're trying to buff OS' power like they did something this arc to say they were more powerful than they were in the OS arc?
As I've mentioned before, a high tier Spriggan wouldn't consider Tartaros levels trouble, let alone pre-pre-skip characters. And I'm sticking to hype in this scenario as they have no feats.
She enchanted her eyes twice before and she's a master enchanter which means she would be able to pull enchants that an average enchanter like Wendy could pull. She also shown to know Deus spells as well which are the buff spells.
Fair enough on the eyes. About her enchanting her speed, don't you think you're speculating too much here? Even if she knows the enchantments, how are we supposed to gauge how much it would improve her speed?

Though as it stands, Meteor August should be faster anyway.

Last edited:

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sorry, what? When has Erza ever reacted to something that passed stars and planets in seconds? When has anyone in this manga done something similar?

I really don't understand why you're convinced Deus Sema didn't slow down. Deus Sema going as fast in-atmosphere as it did in space would make no sense at all, because of air resistance. Not to mention the fact that if it was really travelling so fast as to pass multiple planets in seconds, it should have hit Earthland pretty much the instant it entered the atmosphere. As for the lack of sonic booms... I'll repeat my question from before:

What's more ridiculous, a meteor getting slowed down by air resistance without making sonic booms, or Erza with every bone in her body (bar her right arm) broken intercepting a meteor that passed planets in seconds?

An impressive feat. But I don't really see enchanted Erza stacking up to Meteor August in speed. Keep in mind that Meteor Jellal was capable of blitzing Acnologia, and August's copies are usually better than the original spell due to his ridiculous MP.

A casual Acno. Not that that's bad, I'm just being specific.

Except that DF Wendy blitzing her was a one-time only thing. It's not comparable to the Cana/August situation because August showed that he was easily able to dodge Cana's cards despite being blindsided, yet you used an example where he got hit because he had only just got free from Gildarts. Had DF Wendy tried to blitz her numerous times and it had only worked once, I would be lowballing, but she only got one chance to react to DF Wendy, and she showed that she couldn't. I'm not disregarding her other feats, hell I even said that Irene got caught because DF Wendy blindsided her, but acting like she can react to Meteor August when she's struggled to react to DF Wendy is straight up wanking her reaction feats.

You just defeated your own argument, he was hindered because Gildarts grabbed his staff:

Had August let go of his staff he would have been able to dodge it, but as we can see above, Gildarts literally broke the staff apart and tore it away from August, and then Cana hits him with the cards. I think we should also factor in that August shocked too, as Gildarts was explaining he had figured out what August's magic was.

Conceded on Acno. That said, the point of that argument was that August is fast enough to dodge her Claw Swipes in Meteor.

It's a good thing August can casually dodge Cana's cards (despite being blindsided) then.

By ignoring a statement that said they were legitimately "troublesome". And btw, this is actually hilarious because you're ignoring hype that Irene herself gave them. The fact that you call Midnight, Cobra and Racer Tenrou level characters despite getting hype from Irene is comedy.

First off, her enchantments are powerful, do remember that fodder she enchanted managed to give Erza trouble. Second off, CS would absolutely demolish Juliet and Heine, they have better magic and better teamwork.

Also, are you really downplaying Juliet and Heine? Even when a character like Mira had to go all out against them? And was left exhausted by them?

She didn't send a Spriggan because both of them were on the battlefield.

Pre-WSDM Sting? It's pretty likely. Think about this, their best mage is either Sting or Minerva. Rogue, who was Sting's equal pre-skip and who has pretty much always his equal, is only S12 Historia level. As is Minerva. We can gauge that three S12 historias are equal to one Spriggan, seeing as how Neinhart was tired after reviving the three of them and the Spriggans are all supposed to have around the same MP. So Sabertooth's three best mages are roughly equivalent to one Spriggan.

Jellal one-shots S12 tiers with a mid-level technique. And said technique has a large AoE. Thus, one Grand Chariot should be able take all of Sabertooth's best mages out. From there, no one can challenge him. And trust me, I wish this wasn't the case.

Continue calling them overhyped if you want, it doesn't change the fact that Irene thought they were trouble.

1. Anyone who is close to Tenrou lvl in this manga isn't being called trouble by anyone, let alone a high tier Spriggan. Stop lowballing.
2. Meredy may have had trouble with Zancrow but Juvia also had trouble with Keyes. And yet she went on to last a decent time against bloodlusted DeS Gray in Ice Lock. Hell, Wendy got her leg broken by Ezel and Erza got her ass kicked by Historias from pre-Tenrou + Tenrou + Tartaros. Do I need to list further examples? The Historia fights were absolutely ridiculous in relation to the power scale.

True.

Actually Yukino did know who Larcade was (aside from the whole Dragneel thing), but other than that, true.

Not true, we have no idea how the battle in the North went, she could have simply just used Berserker in the North for all we know. If we're sticking to clear hype + feats, we shouldn't be giving Irene credit for an event we don't know the circumstances of. Besides, they may have seen her when they were crucified.

That's true, but as I said above, she could have simply been seen by them when they were crucified.

As I've mentioned before, a high tier Spriggan wouldn't consider Tartaros levels trouble, let alone pre-pre-skip characters. And I'm sticking to hype in this scenario as they have no feats.

Fair enough on the eyes. About her enchanting her speed, don't you think you're speculating too much here? Even if she knows the enchantments, how are we supposed to gauge how much it would improve her speed?

Though as it stands, Meteor August should be faster anyway.
Again you are ignoring the science. You want to claim the atmosphere affected the movement speed than show an actual feat of it bcs as I see it all we were seeing was Erza's perspective compared to the Meteor's perspective. And Irene gets scaled to the Meteor's "outerspace" speed either way as she has to control the path it's going to reach Earth. That means she has the reaction to control it going at that speed.

Letting go of staff is not hindering anyone's speed to dodge easy cards. Gild grabbed is staff not August.

Erza was already stated to be severely weakened from her fight against Ajeel. A half dead Wendy oneshotted Ezel. Laxus oneshotted Hades while half dead. Julia is pretty darn weak and had done nothing this arc to say she was that much above 9D class.

Berserker spell ruins the minds of the soldiers making them crazy. She wouldn't use it unless she had to and it really didn't look like she did or they would've referenced the soldiers as crazy powerful.

You were right but Yukino said she only saw Larcade for a second. Sabers looked to be together in the war till U1 so I doubt Rufus or Orga strayed from the pack to fight Bradman or Rufus.

You want to hype OS by one word that was contradicted as soon as she sent Heine and Juliet? If she found them so troubling why didn't she send Larcade or Bradman who are stronger than both of the sisters? The North Forces are stronger than OS. Heck Team FT North and Team Saber were both way stronger as individual team than OS. Honestly give one single feat to say they're above their OS arc version bcs all I see is one single statement and no proof of backing that statement.

Jellal oneshotted Neinhart who got two shotted by base Natsu. I wouldn't call him a mid tier S12. Rufus, and Orga are good back up as they did go toe to toe with FT greats (Rufus was even stated to hold back against Gray), and Minerva can bfr people to other dimensions. Combined with the twins who have Holy and Shadow losers make for a deadly team. Yukino even has usefulness with Libra's gravity pin.

Edit: Just want to layout that I already said Jellal was a strong opponent. What I'm saying is OS isn't Saber level by feats.

Meteor is not blitzing a Dragon. Dragons cross continents, and Jellal needed a ship to escape Acno. Meteor doesnt even enhance him pass Exceed lvl speed.

Buff spells increase stats by double. Wendy already showed that she's capable of raising stats in Irene's body as she raised Erza's elemental resistance via Deus Crona.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Again wrong. Acnologia did not go the way August and co came from, he went towards the mountains which are in the north. Look carefully at the background where the three spriggan came from, and where Acnologia went.
Why would Irene even bother to fight Acnologia if he was far in the east, doesnt make sense does it.
Acnologia wasnt sitting (what??), he just arrived from the east ... also you can see from when Irene has her monologue that he was in his dragon form while on his way to the north, and she intercepted him when he transformed back into human form. Also, it took Acnologia hours not seconds to reach the north.

This is the last of me on this topic. Back to Irene vs August.
She already stated that she didn't want Acno to kill anymore of the S12 forces which is why she went to attack him. Again why would Acno be sitting down if there are DS in his vicinity?

Acnologia is super fast. Dragons who are severely weaker than him could cross continents in seconds a year ago. So he can appear anywhere he wants on Ishgar instantly. It wouldn't take him hours to get there.

Here's a map of Fiore.

The North battle is in the mountains directly above BP by Waas Forest. So the battle took place between the upper part of Waas Forest and the Mountains right by it. Where Acno was at, the mountains were seen in the backround and he was nowhere near a forest.
So he should be near MT. Hakobe. This also supported by the fact he defeated Serena near Oshibana.
Therefore she did cross more distance in less than .7% of time it took Team FT South to get to Hargeon.

Last edited:

inactive lurker account

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
At this point we don't know what it would take for Irene to kill or knock out August, and we don't know if August can easily kill or knock out Irene even if he has dragon slaying magic. So maybe we shouldn't focus too much on fatalities and decisive domination, but rather on additional stipulations as to what else would count as defeat for either party. Running out of magic power is one thing, although it might take a battle of attrition for that to happen. Knocking down and momentarily standing over the vulnerable opponent would be too lenient a condition, since one can argue that either of them can pull that off depending on the circumstances of the match-up. Maybe battlefield removal might work, but if either party finds a way to return quickly then it would be rather trivial. Finally, there's the option of splitting their fight into several rounds or layers, where each party can secure local victory here or there, and that these would be combined together to determine which party wins, even if both of them end up fighting almost evenly throughout the match-up

The worst-case scenario would be to outright say that at the end of the day this is all about which fandom has more partisans and is more influential...

inactive lurker account

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
The preliminary restrictions don't mention Universe One, so I guess it's allowed. But supposing Irene successfully casts it using her staff to prevent the risk of cancellation, then it depends on whether August has already copied enchantment if he can return to battle quickly by casting his own version.

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Acno felt her MP and praised her. At the beginning of the fight he asked if she would give him a moment of fun, which shows he was going to end her fast if she was weak. I doubt he wasn't at least using as much force as he did when blitzed past and oneshotted Serena.

@Seven777 Base August is not as fast as Irene. Acno blitzed past him before he could blink and he couldn't react to Brandish knife stabbing him despite her stabbing him from the front.

I posted this earlier. Irene casually blitzes Erza before she can even take a step. Erza doesn't even perceive her movement let alone react to it.

@Takuan She teleported Erza's blade from her stomach to her hand.

Dragon Scales negate Crash therefore it is useless. Dead Dragon Scales negated death magic, and you think Gild's Crash magic is going to break it? Lol c'mon now. Dragon Scales can not be penetrated by any magic but DS magic.

Dragons are the fastest beings in the verse. They are even above exceeds in speed and exceed's speed has shown to be faster than Meteor. Time Dilation won't work on her due to Dragon Scales. And Irene's senses are way better than August. Dude couldn't even sense where Acno was while Irene easily could track him. She also has Dragon senses as well.

Irene instantly goes from the Castle, which was located inland of the country, to Mira who was on the outskirts of the country.

She also goes from Northern Fiore to Eastern Fiore to fight Acno. It took her seconds to no more than minutes to get to Acno.

Even FT mages had to take a day to get to Hargeon, and she went a further distance in less than 0.7% of the time it took Team FT South to get to Hargeon. Irene is insanely fast, and she should be since she is a Dragon, and Dragons can easily cross a super continent within seconds.
Thats not blitzing, Eileen telling Erza she's her mum is the most impressive thing she did in that panel. Erza's speed is more than a match for Eileen's, she had no trouble keeping up with her the entire fight, both Eileen and Erza barely landed hits any on each other.

Acnologia was serious against Serena, he was casual against Eileen. Jellal jumped in front of Wendy and blocked an attack from Acnologia WITHOUT Meteor, should i be impressed by him? And even if i were impressed by that particular feat, that would just make me more impressed with the guy that demolished Jellal and his guild without effort. Putting down someone who can go even faster than when he was outspeeding Acnologia, as well as simultaneously beating 4 other wizards, is still way more impressive than what Eileen did.
Base August's speed=Eileen's speed, Meteor August's speed>>Eileen's speed, Meteor+Slow August's speed>>>Eileen's speed.

inactive lurker account

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Another point of curiosity. If I understand correctly, enchantment involves imbuing things with one's magic power so as to temporarily override the natural characteristics of that thing and render then malleable to one's designs. Now assuming that August has copied enchantment, if he and Irene were to try and enchant the same thing using the same amount of magic power, in effect they are competing for temporary control of the thing. The question then is whether the combination of Belserion's sage dragon magic and Irene's own magic power prior to becoming a dragon would have a more potent quality than August's neither-light-nor-dark magic inherited from Mavis and Zeref. Here the underestimation and overestimation games are in play once more...

Last edited:

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I think August can dodge attacks like Jellal intended to against Acno.

But, what can he do? Cast Grand Chariot? Irene is a dragon, GC won't tickle her.

August stomped CS because nothing they did could hurt him, and they're certainly weaker than him. But this is not comparable to fighting a dragon. Gildarts was able to deal damage to August, despite the fact that he had to use a prosthesis, which was durable enough for one Empyrean only. Gildarts was favouring his left side of his body, so it's either a one-time hit or it's weaker than his good arm.

August needs DSM or he dies imo.

Another point of curiosity. If I understand correctly, enchantment involves imbuing things with one's magic power so as to temporarily override the natural characteristics of that thing and render then malleable to one's designs. Now assuming that August has copied enchantment, if he and Irene were to try and enchant the same thing using the same amount of magic power, in effect they are competing for control of the thing. The question then is whether the combination of Belserion's sage dragon magic and Irene's own magic power prior to becoming a dragon would have a more potent quality than August's neither-light-nor-dark magic inherited from Mavis and Zeref. Here the underestimation and overestimation games are in play once more...
It depends if there is a difference between human Irene and August' magic power.

As a dragon, Irene's abilities to enchant increase. August would need more MP to compete, or he'd have copy master enchantments (which is a property of a sage dragon, which August is not).

I don't think it comes down to a which magic is better. In this manga, dragon slaying magic is portrayed as the best, because Acnologia is superior. But when people are of equal power there shouldn't be any difference. The main thing here is Irene has reached the end point of DSM, becoming a dragon. I guess the question is, assuming August and Irene have comparable magic power, what's better - being able to copy and nullify magic, or being a superior species?

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
It is not a holder type magic and requires prep, so it is not going to work anyway.
She casted it on the Earth through her staff so he can't copy it. The prep time is little and she can still fight while doing it.

Thats not blitzing, Eileen telling Erza she's her mum is the most impressive thing she did in that panel. Erza's speed is more than a match for Eileen's, she had no trouble keeping up with her the entire fight, both Eileen and Erza barely landed hits any on each other.

Acnologia was serious against Serena, he was casual against Eileen. Jellal jumped in front of Wendy and blocked an attack from Acnologia WITHOUT Meteor, should i be impressed by him? And even if i were impressed by that particular feat, that would just make me more impressed with the guy that demolished Jellal and his guild without effort. Putting down someone who can go even faster than when he was outspeeding Acnologia, as well as simultaneously beating 4 other wizards, is still way more impressive than what Eileen did.
Base August's speed=Eileen's speed, Meteor August's speed>>Eileen's speed, Meteor+Slow August's speed>>>Eileen's speed.
What? She literally went in front of Erza's face before she could react. That's literally blitzing. Just bcs you don't attack doesn't make it not a blitz.

Irene whooped Erza's butt in BASE Wendy's body. They were not in the same league of any stat. Only time Irene got hit is when she stood there and took the attack or when she was distracted. She easily played around with Erza and parried all her attacks while joking around.

Meteor is not doing anything. His meteor couldn't even wound Cana and he hit her directly. Meteor isn't even a factor when it couldn't even be used to beat a fodder character like Cana. And again how is meteor keeping up with Dragons that can scour continents in seconds?

Acno asked her if she would provide him a challenge for more than moment so he was def going for the kill. If she was weak he would blitzed and kill her like he did with Serena. It's dumb to think he would use more force on a guy who's severely weaker than Irene.

He beat three average mages and Jellal. OS doesn't have one single feat on Wendy's level let alone Erza's so I don't why that's being put up as a high end feat. And he only beat them that easily bcs he was a hard counter to all of Jellal's magic (and Jellal is the only member worth his rep).

Jellal was not outspeeding Acno. Acno didn't even care for Jellal and literally grabbed him out of the air. Acno only cared about Wendy and that showed when he didn't bother to speak to Jellal.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
It's not restricted.

BFR isn't a condition for winning a battle in the tournament.
Okay.

Irene can just BFR and spam attacks from the other side of the world then. August doesn't have the range to attack her from such distances.

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
She casted it on the Earth through her staff so he can't copy it. The prep time is little and she can still fight while doing it.
I'll have to disagree with that.
You don't know if the prep time is little, this wasn't shown. And you also don't know if she can fight while doing it. In fact it's more probable that she can not.
She casted U1 on the Earth through her staff, but that doesn't mean she can't cast it without it. U1 is no more than an enchantment, and Irene has been shown to be able to enchant stuff without using her staff, though she sometimes does for whatever reason. Usually she enchants stuff using a sweep of her hand for instance; and when she was in Wendy's body, she didn't have to use her staff to use these same enchantments. There's no reason to believe her staff is an essential tool to cast enchantments, in our case U1.

Status
Not open for further replies.