Fantasy Ishgar Mages Power Rate - [FINISHED]

This event was a

  • 10/10

    Votes: 18 75.0%
  • 10/10

    Votes: 6 25.0%

  • Total voters
    24

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
I bet if this ranking was held after the final battle with Acnologia then Gajeel would have been placed higher.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Sting over Gajeel? So solo'ing Bloodman isn't a better feat than a 3-way team up with light/white attribute slayer advantage over Larcade? We all don't agree DF Gajeel > WSDM Sting or at least had the more impressive performance? That's like saying Trump won the election after being 3 million less in popular votes than Hillary.

......

wait...

...sigh.
 
Last edited:

Jko

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 28, 2016
Messages
7,452
Reaction score
18,793
Country
United States
Sting over Gajeel? So solo'ing Bloodman isn't a better feat than a 3-way team up with light/white attribute slayer advantage over Larcade? We all don't agree DF Gajeel > WSDM Sting or at least had the more impressive performance? That's like saying Trump won the election after being 3 million less in popular votes than Hillary.

......

wait...

...sigh.
Gajeel had help from Levy and a BS power up by eating MCBs. He also had major plot force backing him as Bloodman didn't even use his best Curses. All that and the fight ended in a tie. That is a far cry from soloing a S12.
 

Seven777

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 16, 2016
Messages
5,568
Reaction score
10,567
Age
31
Country
Australia
Gajeel before Sting? The guy who raped Bloodman the moment his intangibility advantage was overcome? Bloody hell, i guess people ranked Larcade pretty damn high back then, he must've been seen as leagues above Bloodman if Sting's feats are putting him ahead of Gajeel
Well good on Sting i guess, we'll see how much better than Gajeel you do against Acnologia.
 

Ebony Maw

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2016
Messages
1,995
Reaction score
8,124
Gender
Male
Country
Sabertooth
Unlucky for Gajeel, tbh had this been done after the Acno fight I could see Gajeel being ranked above Sting. Though to be fair, Sting himself could gain some pretty good feats in the Acno fight.

Got to admit though, a guy who killed a Spriggan with mere punches coming in 8th does feel a bit weird... I guess the other characters are just that powerful.
:onoz:onoz:onoz:onoz:onoz:onoz

If someone needed me, I'll be in the corner fangirling all night. @Belserion, @MLG Bradman, our boi is higher in the ranking than I could ever imagined :wub
:party:party:party:party:party:party:party
Being a Sting fan since GMG has been heartbreaking, but he's finally shinning! :victory
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
I don't think Gajeel is below Sting.He should be tad bit above Sting.

But who's next?Guess Guess
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Gajeel had help from Levy and a BS power up by eating MCBs. He also had major plot force backing him as Bloodman didn't even use his best Curses. All that and the fight ended in a tie. That is a far cry from soloing a S12.
How? Dragon Slayer's lungs have always been special. Was it bullshit when Laxus ate the MBP from Tempester's body? Help from Levy? What she do other "SHINE" and "HOLE"? She literally didn't do anything compared to Kagura and Rogue. I'm just going with what the manga says. Sting is my guy but hey, just saiyan.
 

**Silver**

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2016
Messages
1,107
Reaction score
942
Age
36
Country
Finland
Unlucky for Gajeel, tbh had this been done after the Acno fight I could see Gajeel being ranked above Sting. Though to be fair, Sting himself could gain some pretty good feats in the Acno fight.

Got to admit though, a guy who killed a Spriggan with mere punches coming in 8th does feel a bit weird... I guess the other characters are just that powerful.

:party:party:party:party:party:party:party
Being a Sting fan since GMG has been heartbreaking, but he's finally shinning! :victory
lol you cant seriously use the future battle feats:super:super even August is miles away from the Dragon Slayers just saying...

its almost certain that after the battle some dragons Slayer can be considered stronger than August or even Zeref...
 

Linali

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2015
Messages
1,097
Reaction score
7,292
Gender
Female
Country
Poland
Don't get me wrong, I'm also surprised, that it's Gajeel not Sting, but it's hard for me to compare, who did better in this arc, because Gajeel as FT member had plot by his side. He should be dead twice - once because of MBP he ate (he said it himself) and twice because he should be in the Underworld. Sting had only his fists and Rogue & Kagura's help. And @Doughboy, when Laxus ate Tempester's particles, he was seriously ill and suffered for over a year because of them, but Gajeel used it as power up and now particles magically disappeared from his body, because I didn't see him suffer any consequences - which is more bs? You say that Levy did nothing, but Kagura and Rogue didn't fight by Sting's side all the time too. And please don't use "let's see, who will do better against Acnologia" argument, because by logic, none of DS should be able to lay a finger on Acno (maybe except for Laxus). This will be fireworks of love, friendship, hope and more friendship, I just can't wait.

Besides, I can understand, that you guys don't agree with the ranking, but that's how statistics works. I have two legs, my dog has four, so statistically we have three legs each ;) Blame Mashima's inconsistent writing, not characters.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Hehe, I just wanted to start an argument don't mind me :cheez @Linali. I don't think either really is bullshit, both have logic backed up that we already knew of. Gajeel ingested both the iron particles and poison to go to Dragon Force, same as how Wendy ingested air, Natsu ingested the Flame of Rebuke from Jellal. Laxus ate the MBP a year ago and still had repercussions from them until Wall's MBP canceler took them out. Sting no question faced the tougher opponent but he had more help than Gajeel. I'm not too mad but I would Gajeel over Sting just from what I've interpreted.
 

Seven777

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 16, 2016
Messages
5,568
Reaction score
10,567
Age
31
Country
Australia
lol you cant seriously use the future battle feats:super:super even August is miles away from the Dragon Slayers just saying...

its almost certain that after the battle some dragons Slayer can be considered stronger than August or even Zeref...
Even if they do get good feats against Acno, they'd still only be faster than white August. We already know red August is way faster than Cobra
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Gajeel is stronger than Sting in my eyes. Even if they are equal in power, Gajeel has the FT symbol on his body.
 

BluePegasus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2015
Messages
1,818
Reaction score
5,128
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
"Strong...













Strong...












I can win!!!












I can't... win.












I... surrender."
























#7



Sting Eucliffe
Score: 8,25


Highest score: 9 x 7 (@Laxus chan-yo, @Axiomus, @Star Frost, @Doughboy, @Crimson Ice, @MLG Bradman, @BluePegasus)
Lowest score: 5 x 1 (@Zelefomavis)
My score: 9/10

Oh well, it had to happen anyway right? Sting represented Sabertooth for quite the long time, which is fairly imposing. Who could've thought Sting would ever become this strong, though? Who could've expected him to defeat one of the most hyped Spriggan in the series anyway?

I guess it's no secret anymore that Sting is the stronger part of the Twin Dragons. But I'll be honest, I always saw Rogue as the superior one just because of his shadow. Things obviously changed after Sting received one of the strongest Dragon Slayer modes in the series, one that was formerly used by Future Rogue: White Shadow Dragon Mode. Due to this mode, Sting is able to use spells that are, logically, Unison Raids. The best example for this is that one spell, named White Shadow Dragon's Rough Silk.

I do think it's a shame that Sting never showed us that he can use Holy Shadow Dragon's Flash Fang, which in my opinion is one of the most fantastic spells in the series. Remember it?



Another interesting thing to point out is the fact that Sting was, together with Rogue, the first Dragon Slayer to enter Dragon Force at free will. We must keep it fair though, their Dragon Force wasn't that impressive.

Oh, they also had another mode called Drive which is.. Less than irrelevant at this point. But hey, it looked quite amazing.

Sting's special ability to place a stigma, after using his White Dragon's Claw, is something else. Once doing this, his opponent isn't able to move unless you somehow have a counter to it, like Natsu. I always ask myself why he didn't use that one more, because it's truly impressive.

Overview
Magic: White Dragon Slayer Magic
Affiliation: Sabertooth

Sabertooth is out, scoreboard coming soon.​
 
Last edited:

Ebony Maw

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2016
Messages
1,995
Reaction score
8,124
Gender
Male
Country
Sabertooth
@Belserion @Linali Praise to Sting! Our boi got far, number 7 is no bad place at all.

My guess for who's going next is Jellal, this ranking was before he faced Acno if I'm remembering correctly, so his feats weren't anywhere near as good as they are now.
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
Kind a expected it to be honest.


Now probably Erza.Hope it is not Jellal.
 

Demon Hunter

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2016
Messages
4,434
Reaction score
12,850
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
@Belserion @Linali Praise to Sting! Our boi got far, number 7 is no bad place at all.

My guess for who's going next is Jellal, this ranking was before he faced Acno if I'm remembering correctly, so his feats weren't anywhere near as good as they are now.
nah Laxus will be out before Jellal.

Jellal won last year in the tournament when he was basically featless so this is no problem.
 

Linali

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2015
Messages
1,097
Reaction score
7,292
Gender
Female
Country
Poland
@Belserion @Linali Praise to Sting! Our boi got far, number 7 is no bad place at all.

My guess for who's going next is Jellal, this ranking was before he faced Acno if I'm remembering correctly, so his feats weren't anywhere near as good as they are now.
Lucky number! I'm so proud of our boi :blush To be honest, I didn't expect him to be in top 10 at all. Thank you everyone! Now Laxus for no. 1 :hip

I expect Jellal to be in top 5, imo, he deseves it, even if he was used as hype tool for August before the voting. It's a crime, how Mashima handled this character.

@Doughboy You wanted to see the world burning? :XD
 

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Jun 13, 2016
Messages
3,149
Reaction score
12,486
Age
31
Gender
Female
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Lucky number! I'm so proud of our boi :blush To be honest, I didn't expect him to be in top 10 at all. Thank you everyone! Now Laxus for no. 1 :hip
Lily you get me. Your taste is impeccable :wtf

As for Sting he made it so far and it was WELL DESERVED :errr ......second best Slayer right behind the king of Lightning :blush
 

~Charging Lightning~

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2016
Messages
837
Reaction score
4,594
Age
29
Country
United States
nah Laxus will be out before Jellal.

Jellal won last year in the tournament when he was basically featless so this is no problem.
Last tournament Jellal had a ton of hype. After him and his squad got murked by August he lost quite a bit of his hype and the fanbase didn't regard him as strong as they previously thought. Also, base Natsu one shotting enhanced Neinheart didn't make Jellal's win over Neinheart that impressive. I will admit that Jellal's feats against Acno are impressive (more impressive than Laxus's feats) but I can definitely see him being eliminated before Laxus as when this power rate started he lost a good amount of hype.

Just my 2 cents on the issue. Laxus may be eliminated before Jelly and vice versa.
 
Top