Fantasy - Ishgar Mages Power Rate - [FINISHED] | Page 22 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Fantasy Ishgar Mages Power Rate - [FINISHED]

This event was a

• 10/10

Votes: 18 75.0%
  • 10/10

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

Doughboy

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Jellal and Laxus have always been the same to me. I think people give Laxus above him cause of his dragon slayer prestige. Jellal was a Wizard Saint from day 1, Laxus became Wizard Saint level after training for the GMG. People won't ever convince the other who's on top of who, it is what it is.

Kiki

Anti Toxic-Human
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
Yes, I can see Jellal vs Laxus becoming a hot topic once again. In the manga both are like "Nope I am stronger" by showing off new feats. Would be nice if they were a tag team in the manga (one can dream, right)

BluePegasus

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Oh Sabertooth, they're really something aren't they? The hype they had during the Grand Magic Games arc was everything I needed; finally we saw powerful mages in a legal guild outside of Fairy Tail. We had Rufus who introduced us to a complete new type of Ancient Spell, Orga who showed us that God Slayer Magic shouldn't be underestimated, the Twin Dragons who had more experience in Dragon Slayer Magic that any other and Minerva who brought us Yakuma Eighteen War Gods Magic. All of them had so much potential, yet it feels like it got wasted. Apparently we didn't have enough Fairy Tail already.

Sabertooth

Scoreboard

#31 - Yukino Agria (avg: 3,55357143)
#28 - Rufus Lore (avg: 4,53571429)
#23 - Orga Nanagear (avg: 5,42857143)
#14 - Rogue Cheney (avg: 6,66071429)
#13 - Minerva Orland (avg: 6,67857143)
#7 - Sting Eucliffe (avg: 8,25)
Guild score: 5,85119048

I couldn't find a pic with the five of them plus Yukino, not that it matters because she's unimportant anyway.

Jean Grey

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
hehe @BluePegasus I think you should give the final results.

its been 2 months already.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
hehe @BluePegasus I think you should give the final results.

its been 2 months already.
I've been doing 1 a day since we entered the top, which is indicated in the first post too. Just putting them all out at once is pretty boring and takes away the fun.

I wish this would've been finished much earlier too but as you may know I was unable to.

Jko

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
nah Laxus will be out before Jellal.

Jellal won last year in the tournament when he was basically featless so this is no problem.
You just had to bring back that atrocity didn't you. The overplay was something else then.

My list is

5. Jellal
4. Erza
3. Laxus
2. Gildarts
1. Natsu

Erza is definetely an under dog going into the top 5 of this "ranking" thread but she has solid feats that place her on the upper part of the tier list. Still don't think Jellal is top 5 worthy. His feats are just not that good and he's already KOed before the last fight.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Friendships for you.

Friendships for me.

FRIENDSHIPS FOR EVERYONE!!!

Erza Scarlet
Score: 8,48214286

Highest score: 10 x 4 (@Axiomus, @Star Frost, @EmptySoul, @Belserion)
Lowest score: 7 x 2 (@Zelefomavis, @Dranzer)
My score: 7,5/10

Multiple 10's were given to the 7th Guild Master of Fairy Tail, the one and only Titania. Honestly, ranking Erza was kind of difficult to me. I always exclude plot devices like the power of friendship in power rankings, and the thing is.. Barely any fight has passed where Erza didn't use plot armour. Without it, I can almost guarantee that she would've lost badly against mages as Azuma, Kyôka and Irene. The "because she's Erza" line has become a reason for her to just win against any form of opponent.

I do think that Requip is one amazing type of Spatial Magic. Requip: The Knight, which is Erza's variation, remains a force to be reckoned with. With it, she can swap weapons, armor and clothes at free will. So as you may now, her equipment is very wide. Some are utterly forgettable, while others are truly memorable. Examples for the latter category are the Heaven's Wheel Armor, Purgatory Armor and Armadura Fairy. But the most impressive one is by far her Nakagami Armor, one that she received after the release of Second Origin. With it, she's able to break the laws of magic by cutting right through it.

With Nakagami Starlight, that's seen as her best spell, she can swing her sword with brute force to cut through the space before her enemies. Thanks to his spell, she managed to take down Minerva and a Spriggan. Ajeel received a Jupiter blast right before it, though.

Also she's a talented user of Sword Magic.

Overview
Magic: Requip: The Knight, Sword Magic, Telekinesis
Affiliation: Fairy Tail

Last edited:

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Perfect! :)
But,Erza>Sting>Gajeel? :blink:s Seems pretty weird to me since I think Gajeel,Gray and Natsu have long since surpassed Erza,but her ranking is pretty decent here :amuse
Jellal and Gray in the top 5 :wtf

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
Jellal and Gray above Erza? Top 5 is sausage fest galore?

Erza should definetely be above Jellal. The guy cannot keep up with her in any regard. Gray shouldn't be above her as well seeing as she took his bloodlusted attack and Natsu's attack at the same time....

We're definetely re-doing this in a couple of weeks!

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Okay i can accept this.

If there is no surprise then next is Gray.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Any predictions?​

TOP 5

Fairy Tail
(4/11)
Natsu
Gray
Laxus
Gildarts

Sabertooth (0/6)

Lamia Scale (0/2)

Mermaid Heel (0/2)

Blue Pegasus (0/4)

Quatro Cerberus (0/2)

Crime Sorcière (1/6)
Jellal

Wizard Saints (0/4)​

MonkeyD-Dragon

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Erza over Gajeel ? I don't expect that she could beat him at all.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Sorry! I've been very busy lately and I didn't want to fuck this up with the short amount of leisure I had. I promise y'all will know the order of the top 5 soon.

More muscles than Natsu. Fact.

Gray Fullbuster
Score: 8,57142858

Highest score: 10 x 2 (@Star Frost, @Dranzer)
Lowest score: 6 x 1 (@SirSamuel016)
My score: 9/10

Honestly, I think that Gray potentially has the biggest power ranking development in the series. He used to be a rather unimpressive Ice-Make mage that had all his feats based on intelligence but ended up being top tier Fairy Tail due to the Ice Devil Slayer Magic that Silver gave to him. With it, he's capable of using spells that make you just go "wow", most of them looking like upgraded weapons compared to his Ice-Make. And ofcourse, he also received his own version of a roar or bellow spell: Ice Devil's Rage.

Since Gray received this superior magic, he managed to take the final blow on the Underworld King, also known as Mard Geer, and fight on par with the extremely hyped E.N.D. Very impressive, to say the least.

We must stay fair though, his Ice-Make did also really improve since the time-skip. Ice-Make: Silver may be his most powerful spell yet to date.

The most notable thing about his new power, Ice Devil Slayer Magic, must be the fact that he can demonize his body. We still don't really know what's behind that though. I mean, it doesn't prevent him from using his regular magic. I think it sort of works as a boost towards his spells.

Anyway, poor Gray. I wish he'd switch positions with Natsu.

Overview
Magic: Ice-Make, Ice Magic, Ice Devil Slayer Magic
Affiliation: Fairy Tail

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
"I AM THE CHOSEN ONE!!!!"​

Oh, is that so?​

"TOGETHER WITH ZEREF, I WILL CREATE A NATURE OF TRUE FREEDOM!!!!"​

Whatever you say.​

Jellal Fernandes
Score: 8,76785714

Highest score: 10 x 4 (@Star Frost, @Dranzer, @EmptySoul, @BluePegasus)
Lowest score: 7 x 1 (@Seven777)
My score: 10/10

I'm mad. Jellal deserved a higher so bad, way more than Natsu does. His magic is just.. So outstanding. It's insane. His spell diversity is way beyond anyone in Ishgar, like seriously. Not is he only capable of using 12 (!) different magic types that at least have a name, his primary magic has a gathering of spells that are just so dissimilair. I'll be honest, this man deserved to be fucking runner-up if you ask me.

So yeah, obviously, his main source of magic comes from Heavenly Body Magic. With it, he's capable of creating atmospherical objects out of nothing. Irene can do something alike, but Jellal's power is completely based around space, which is not completely the same for Irene's atmospherical enchantments.

An example is Meteor, a spell that makes Jellal's body move incredibly fast. Due to it, he's without a doubt one of the fastest mages in Ishgar. Jiu Leixing is another one. Once casting this, Jellal directs nine lightning-made swords to his opponent that simultaneously strike, which could even push the one and only Acnologia back. Oh, and you have Sema. But that one kinda lost its hype after the superior version by Irene got destroyed by a plain sword.

Jellal is also a user of all four the elements of nature. He can even combine them, which is a gigantic feat on its own, and activate Abyss Break. Up to this day the effects of it are a mystery. What we do know is that the size of attack change proportionally with the size of the Magic Circle. Whew.

Overview
Magic: Heavenly Body Magic, Thought Projection, Darkness Magic, Fire Magic, Water Magic, Wind Magic, Earth Magic, Abyss Break, Bind Snake, Square of Self-Destruction, Telekinesis, Telepathy admire the collection
Affiliation: Crime Sorcière

Crime Sorcière is out, scoreboard coming soon.

Side note: The rating took place before Jellal fought Acnologia.​

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Sadly for Jellal he doesn't have the feats to compete with the top 3 in this tournament.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Last edited:

Gryffindor

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Yo! @BluePegasus
That Jellal post was heavenly awesome man. Best one yet imo.

Nice to see some positive things said as opposed to the negative rhetoric that plagued the Domus Flau for quite some time.
4th ain't all that bad when you consider the vitriol thrown his way pre-528,
Things like:
"Jellal isn't S12 tier".....Lol
"This fool got oneshotted by her bit*h Neinhart and y'all think this scrub is close to her in power"...Lol
"Blue haired pu$$y"...Lol
"Jellal has the crappiest durability in the series second to Neinhart"...Lol
"Jellal gets low-diffed by Gray, Erza, Mirajane, Ichiya, etc"...ok maybe not Ichiya but you get the gist.
Sure he was featless, but dang lol.

Anyways as far as the rate is concerned here are my predictions:
3)Gildarts-he was practically featless when the rate started
2)Natsu
1)Laxus
*Note that these are my predictions and not my personal ranking