- Joined
- Aug 5, 2016
- Messages
- 3,330
- Reaction score
- 5,440
- Age
- 33
- Country
-
Honestly, while the designs are very off from the manga, it doesn't look bad at all in my opinion.
Shokugeki no Soma, Haikyuu and JoJo disagree with you, to name a few. Superb animation is not impossible at all, they just didn't put much effort into it, no need for pointless defense.Does anyone know that character designs for animation HAVE TO be simplified? Even the Studio Ghibli movies with all of the details they put in their movies, have character designs so simplified, you think they don't fit in the middle of beautifully drawn backgrounds and objects. Anyone who knows about animation knows that the character designs must be simple for animation. Sure, Black Clover has detail, but that detail HAS TO be simplified for animation.
This one is probably by Yutaka Nakamura ,his art style did not match with Umakoshi character design ,the same thing happen with black clover illustration, you can clearly see the different between this one and the first key visual which was by the series character design Itsuko Takeda.Here's a better one then:
You can clearly see that Todoroki and Deku are off even if you argue that its the angle, but the overall illustration is top-tier.
It's not pointless defense, it's animation knowledge. Put someone to animate the character designs are they are in the manga, and they'll tell you the same as I said. You can't include all of the details.Shokugeki no Soma, Haikyuu and JoJo disagree with you, to name a few. Superb animation is not impossible at all, they just didn't put much effort into it, no need for pointless defense.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
And I'm proving to you with solid evidence that animation that brings the best of the manga art or even improve it is possible, but if the evidence is below your superior knowledge, it can't be helped.It's not pointless defense, it's animation knowledge. Put someone to animate the character designs are they are in the manga, and they'll tell you the same as I said. You can't include all of the details.
What I have to say to you: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯Souma doesn't have much animation to brag about. JoJo animation got better with part 3.
Soma has an excellent story? Very questionable.
So how is Soma's story excellent when it suffered a piss poor arc; the Central arc? Even before that; other arcs were meh (Stagiaire arc) to great (Autumn election arc). More meh than great...There's not a lot of consistency to call it excellent.What I have to say to you: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Shokugeki no Soma really doesn't have to prove anything to you guys.
Part 4 had some questionable scenes too but I heard they outsourced to some Korean company. For the most part, they are fixed in the BD's. I hope part 5 is treated much like part 3 (split cours). Part 5 is by far the most action heavy part. I really want David to take their time with it.Yeah Souma's production values are decisively average throughout which makes sense since there's not much to animate. Jojo can range from really bad to good depending on a scene but David does a good job of masking their animation hiccups with good visuals and excellent direction (at least when Part 1 and 2 are concerned), Part 3 is definitely the best looking installment but both of them are nothing compared to Haikyuu's production values its not even a contest.
Yes, it's great but not on the level of HQ.MHA(at least s2) have a good production value I think it can even compere to HQ.
MAPPA.Is it time for another "Which Studio Should Get Neverland" discussion now that we're nearly 50 chapters in now :^)
Because Part 4 was 39 episodes with no break its production values suffered a lot and had more outsourced episodes than even Part 1 and 2 but they pulled through where in mattered which is what's importent. I'm not sure how they'll handled Part 5 though since unlike Part 4 everything about Part 5 hinges on how well the handle the fights which I don't think they have the manpower to pull off if its as long as Part 4.Part 4 had some questionable scenes too but I heard they outsourced to some Korean company. For the most part, they are fixed in the BD's. I hope part 5 is treated much like part 3 (split cours). Part 5 is by far the most action heavy part. I really want David to take their time with it.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I keep telling everyone its not the studio you should be asking for its the director because even a good studio can ruin an adaptation if its not handled with care despite that I don't think Shuiesha is going to slack off when it comes to selecting a studio for Neverland like they clearly did with World Trigger but we'll see I've seen some really bad studios produce some quality shit here and there mainly because of the director being passionate about it (A-1; From The New World)Is it time for another "Which Studio Should Get Neverland" discussion now that we're nearly 50 chapters in now :^)