Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Your absolutely right that several series have not been revived like Slam Dunk and Rurouni Kenshin that have higher sales per volume than Bleach. I was merely using Hoshin Engi to prove that you can never fully write off any series. None of us know how Shueisha makes decisions over what gets revived. To be honest I am still surprised that Slam Dunk has not received a new anime considering how important it is for sports manga and Jump in general whilst less popular series have received a new anime.
Houshin Engi was definitely a surprise given how vastly underrated it is so its either case like Ushio to Tora where its more of passion project/anniversary celebration or Shueisha just spun a roulette and it got lucky either way it does open the possibility of other 90's Jump manga getting remakes. Bleach is kinda in a weird territory right now if they wanted to pursue continuing the anime then the best time would have been last year when the manga was about to end but now I'll say if something doesn't get announce for next year to coincide with the release of the live action film then the writing is on the wall but if the film becomes a Gintama size hit then its chances will be much better. I'm a bit afraid of a Slam Dunk remake to be honest since Toei still retains all rights to Slam Dunk and they'll be the ones responsible for it and given how Sailor Moon Crystal came out I don't want their hands on it unless they put an honest effort into it.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Houshin Engi was definitely a surprise given how vastly underrated it is so its either case like Ushio to Tora where its more of passion project/anniversary celebration or Shueisha just spun a roulette and it got lucky either way it does open the possibility of other 90's Jump manga getting remakes. Bleach is kinda in a weird territory right now if they wanted to pursue continuing the anime then the best time would have been last year when the manga was about to end but now I'll say if something doesn't get announce for next year to coincide with the release of the live action film then the writing is on the wall but if the film becomes a Gintama size hit then its chances will be much better. I'm a bit afraid of a Slam Dunk remake to be honest since Toei still retains all rights to Slam Dunk and they'll be the ones responsible for it and given how Sailor Moon Crystal came out I don't want their hands on it unless they put an honest effort into it.
do you mean the recent gintama live action? Crunchyroll said it bombed? But I agree, next year around the time of the live action would be the last chance for anything Bleach anime related.
 

Shinji Hirako

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2017
Messages
133
Reaction score
196
Age
30
Country
United Kingdom
I'm a bit afraid of a Slam Dunk remake to be honest since Toei still retains all rights to Slam Dunk and they'll be the ones responsible for it and given how Sailor Moon Crystal came out I don't want their hands on it unless they put an honest effort into it.
The weird thing about Toei is that there 80s-early 2000's projects did not really come across as behind the pack in terms of animation. I can't even watch One Piece anymore because apart from being shiny the animation is very static. Toei has the capacity to produce amazing animation such as Toriko vs Tommyrod but for whatever reason their projects are too inconsistent.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
do you mean the recent gintama live action? Crunchyroll said it bombed? But I agree, next year around the time of the live action would be the last chance for anything Bleach anime related.
Your confusing the Gintama movie with the Jojo one. The Gintama movie has done very well and just surpassed 3 billion yen. The Jojo movie bombed.
 

vampire killer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
802
Reaction score
465
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
I mean do we really need to talk about bleach and slam dunk again? They will never get new animes.
 

Shinji Hirako

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2017
Messages
133
Reaction score
196
Age
30
Country
United Kingdom
I mean do we really need to talk about bleach and slam dunk again? They will never get new animes.
It's almost as if you have not been paying attention. Anything can get a new anime if a series can be revived 18 years later(Hoshin Engi) and without the toc for this week what else is there to talk about.
 

Bigivelfhq

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2013
Messages
846
Reaction score
501
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
I mean do we really need to talk about bleach and slam dunk again? They will never get new animes.
Toei Animation series normally get anime later. So Slam Dunk has even if small chance. Pierrot though doesn't normally do that.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
whoever made the Heibon Doumei oneshot that was published on Jump Plus yesterday does a very good job mimicking Murata's characters designs
Either you are joking or you are comparing this oneshot drawing with Murata's drawing when he was 15 years old. Don't insult Murata like that.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
No In Grand Jump.
Aw...All I read from Grand Jump is Innocent Rouge (amazing manga btw). There's no thread here for Grand Jump I think so please update here.

I hope he gets a series in weekly young jump.
 

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Either you are joking or you are comparing this oneshot drawing with Murata's drawing when he was 15 years old. Don't insult Murata like that.
Why would it be an insult? If anything it shows how much of an influence he is on new Mangaka. There's nothing wrong with saying that a rookie mangaka is mimicking a veteran mangaka as all mangaka have done this. They have all mimicked their favourite mangaka and then developed their own styles as they matured and drew more.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Why would it be an insult? If anything it shows how much of an influence he is on new Mangaka. There's nothing wrong with saying that a rookie mangaka is mimicking a veteran mangaka as all mangaka have done this. They have all mimicked their favourite mangaka and then developed their own styles as they matured and drew more.
For he is not mimicking at all, that's the problem. He is far from getting to the knees of such extraordinary drawing style. There are particularities that make both drawing styles different and and in another level entirely..
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Shoseki Manga Rankings (7/8-13/8)
2. One Piece #86
5. Haikyu!! #27
11. Black Clover #12
24. Kimetsu no Yaiba #7
38. We Never Learn #2
93. Samon the Summoner #10
415. Demon Prince Poro's Diaries #2
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
When does MHA vol. #15 drop?
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,071
Reaction score
6,930
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Good BLack Clover still printing money.
 

SkerllyFC

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2016
Messages
261
Reaction score
106
Age
31
Country
Dominican Republic
Is there an anime series from Jump that you feel doesn´t need a remake? Bleach and Shaman King are two I´m against it a lot, as they´re both shallow fighting series where any attempt at lore and interesting characters just comes off as mediocre at worst, and at best just ok. Yeah, I get some series are for fun, but I´m better with a remake of a good property, and not one that fans want it remaked for nothing.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
I don't think anyone was asking for a Bleach remake, but a continuation. Shaman King I feel deserves a remake. I haven't seen it, but from what I've heard, it hasn't aged well. Also, next year will mark its 20th anniversary since it's serialization began. But we all know that a remake is most likely not gonna happen because of the stubbornness of the Takei.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,071
Reaction score
6,930
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Reborn continuation, world trigger continuation, and BLeach continuation are a a must.

Haikyuu s4 and owari no serafu continuation are greatly needed.
 

Ecchi Boy

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2011
Messages
1,036
Reaction score
1,307
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Jump Series that need remake:
Shaman King
Rurouni Kenshin
Toriko (To fix toei's mistake)
Ninku
Reborn (or a continuation)
Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
All we need is Vento Aureo anime. I think the announcement will come at the end of the summer event.

I was against the YYH "remake" idea since the anime was a lot better than the manga and I'm glad it didn't get announced. No Toei reboots please, they are the absolute worse. Other than that, I'm up for a reboot.
Shoseki Manga Rankings (7/8-13/8)
2. One Piece #86
5. Haikyu!! #27
11. Black Clover #12
24. Kimetsu no Yaiba #7
38. We Never Learn #2
93. Samon the Summoner #10
415. Demon Prince Poro's Diaries #2
I think KnY Vol.7 did worse than vol.6? Correct me if I'm wrong here.
 
Last edited:

razerxs

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2017
Messages
396
Reaction score
740
Country
Galactic Republic
Hey, a new Black Clover's Light Novel focused on Konjiki no Yoake wasn't about to be published? I remember I saw anything like this months ago...
It think it was only announced that it was started.
I'd look forward to a Naruto remake. Maybe a Kai.
I think KnY Vol.7 did worse than vol.6? Correct me if I'm wrong here.
You need to compare with the estimates.

This week ranked at 24:
30位29700/50位16900/100位9730/200位5850/300位3950/400位2850/500位2200​
Volume 6's second week ranked at 21:
30位16000/50位10700/100位7050/200位4150/300位2900/400位2350/500位2000​

It's growing.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top