Damn, thanks for that post. :3@niichan @syx
Guten tag!
Okay, as I promised here is my post! Do not expect too much from it. xd
My experience with Umineko was actually very good. I watched the anime in 2010 which was aired in 2009, I read the manga and also did the VN. I did all three of them lol.
I’m not sure what I actually should tell, but lemme start with the anime. It’s been like 7 years ago that I watched the anime since one of my friends was pretty much a fan of horror/mysterious themed animes/manga and recommended me to watch it and so I did. I do not regret it, it was a very nice experience because in that time I was also watching Higurashi which is kinda sort of comparable with Umineko, imo. Altho, Higurashi anime is far more superior then the Umineko anime, however Umineko manga and VN is pretty much > Higurashi manga and VN, imo. Most people actually find the Umineko anime so garbage at this time (since they prolly read the manga and did the VN before watching the anime) while for me I actually did enjoy the anime (mostly because it's been 7 years ago and that was before I read the manga and did the VN xD) even thought I was sometimes confused what happened in the next episodes lol. Some years later I read the manga and did the VN mostly because I just saw an image of a character which is Erika Furudo. Not sure if you know her right now, but I will not tell anymore about her hehe. I was like ‘ohh… I actually need to read the manga and do the VN’ since I didn’t know this character, so yeah lol. And honestly, I’m so glad that I really did that, you know and that made me understood why people find the anime extremely bad.
Syx you could try watch the anime (not sure if you already did), but do not expect much from it. Imho the anime is really a disappointment especially since I actually watched some couple of episodes back a few months ago because I got it recommended on youtube for some reason and it brought me back some memories so I felt like watching it again and oh my god… sometimes things shouldn’t be watched back anymore.. but that is mostly because I see a lot of differences and a lot of important story telling that were left out even thought I noticed those when I read the manga and did the VN, but checking those episodes again.. man I can clearly see them lol. Anyway, I will not spoil things for you because again, I'm not sure how far you are so I’m trying my best not to mention spoily things in this post.
I mean, the anime does follow the 1 – 3/4 episode of the manga iirc, but they left so much things out and I’m not even gonna compare it with the VN. There are a lot of differences lol. Anyway, the VN was superior for me. It was one of my first VN I ever did and it was an amazing experience. I purely loved it and the story provided more details, exposure and a backstory which made the story more interesting and more mysterious. It also made things less confusing than the anime. Oh god.. how more I think about the anime, how bad they actually adapted it.. such a wasted opperunity, it’s actually a shame since I’m not sure if it was because of their budget? But really.. if they adapted the anime perfectly it would be pretty much a very good and epic mysterious/horror/detective anime. And I really like the characters in Umineko, they are awesome and have some uniqueness and of course the best characters are for me Beatrice/Battler/Ange/Bernkastel/Lambdadelta imo. Let's be honest.. who doesn’t love Beatrice and Battler interaction? XD
Anyway, actually how more I think about it.. episode 7-8 are so well made. I mean, I do know that a lot of people were not really satisfied with the ending which I can of understand, however for me it was actually a different case. I kinda liked the ending a lot. Episode 7 gave pretty much clear answers and episode 8 pretty much wrapped everything up imho. It was actually a good ending and I’m rather curious what Niichan found about the ending.
Also, Syx which episode are you with Umineko? And do you like it so far?
Sorry for not being all to detailed and kinda crappy Enlish atm, but it’s mostly because I do not want to spoil things and I wrote this kinda quick, yet carefully. Again, I'm not quite sure what I should tell .. anyway tl;dr post. xd
In short: Doing all three of them (anime - manga - VN), my experiences where great that's for sure!
----- UMINEKO SPOILER ALERT -----
Regarding the anime, I won't watch it since the consensus is terrible towards it. I stopped reading the VN right before the end of EP4. Not because I didn't/don't like it, but because I have serious problems to motivate myself to continue it, unfortunately. The last time I read Umineko was approx. 3 months ago? And I started the VN in the last quarter of 2016.

So far, I have a very good impression of Umineko. But as you surely know, I'm not even halfway through, so my opinion could change for the better or worse. Since this series is coated with secrets and mysteries, it will all come down to the revelations in the end. I have no idea what's going on most of the time, or let's say that's the feeling I get during the convos with niichan.
I like the overall setting of the series: the island, the mysteries, the family issues/disputes, the interactions and the battles/mindgames, especially between Beato and Battler. Obviously, Beato is a no-brainer for best character.
I also do like Battler a lot. Natsuhi - even though, she barely had any screentime - and Kyrie are also at the top of my list. The murder cases are brilliantly conveyed and the voice actors do a phenomenal job. Once I finish Umineko, I will make Beato's hilarious laugh my mobile phone ringtone. 
But there are also things I don't like or where niichan and myself had different opinions. Since niichan knows everything and can't spoil me, it's a little bit difficult to talk about certain topics. For example when it's about the interpretation of certain things, especially in regards to the Red Truth. I think I'm not as lenient as niichan, but that might be because of my lack of knowledge. We talked a lot about interpretation - sadly, I can't provide any specific topic anymore - and I often say/think that the author takes too much liberties in order to keep his story "believable". And that is - if it ends up to be the case for me - a negative point.
Another example I don't like much is the way how this VN is shown to the reader. It is (or was) difficult for me to decide whose pov I'm following now. Is it Battler within the episode? Or is it the pov of metaverse Battler? Or is it the readers own pov watching the story from the outside? Anyway, in EP4 we learnt that Kinzo was dead at the start of the episode. Which means, whenever the VN showed me the picture of Kinzo, it wasn't Kinzo. Whenever the VN played the voice of Kinzo, it wasn't the voice of Kinzo. Whatever I heard the characters saying, it probably wasn't what they were saying, for example people calling the person shown as Kinzo "father", which is most likely not what they said, since EP4 made it pretty clear that it was not Kinzo. This is exactly where I would like to throw my "the author takes too much liberties" into the room, but since I'm so far behind I give the author the benefit of the doubt.
Well, I was a couple of chapters behind with ToG, but I caught up recently and post again in the section. :3I assume you and @niichan are keeping up with Tower of God? What are your expectations for the Hidden Floor Sub-Arc?
My expections? I want to see some of the Great Warriors, not necessarily all of them, but who would complain if SIU decides to show all of them?
Zahard is given, but I would also like to see some of the female warriors for obvious reasons (
), Eduan because he is a horny Spear Bearer and Han because I hope and wish that there is much more to him than it appears.I want to know how they viewed Zahard back then, some inner monologues would be neat. Who was loyal to him? Who seems to just tag along with him? Some talk about the differences between the Tower and the outside world. What were their ideals? Why did they enter the Tower? Their combat prowess is secondary for me, I look more forward to their feelings and what they have to say/tell us.





The art of backstabbing never stops in Tower of God.



