Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Sure, but I am actually Rindo :P

As the MHA placement, they really don't like the 8 precepts or any of this Yukuza nonsense do they?
You do realize that they chapters in which they started fighting the 8precepts all ranked well right? In fact this chapter was a break in between them that was at the very end of the fight.
 

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 16, 2015
Messages
4,312
Reaction score
3,702
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
United Nations
It was the Kirishima flashback chapter. Looks like they didn't like it. Me neither.
Oh, flashback chapters, Those tend to suck occasionally, like the Megishima one!

(Although the Megishima makes a LOT of sense to a certain degree).
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
But that's not Hiro's fault? He was sick for awhile if I recall during that time.
Whether it's his fault or not, wouldn't really reflect whether or not readers like it being shorter.
But it's probably that they didn't like the Kirishima flashback like ShenGao said
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
So "second season" is still under the same title? It's not new I assume? Weird but an anime is still possible. I really hope they give it a chance.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Sure, but I am actually Rindo :P

As the MHA placement, they really don't like the 8 precepts or any of this Yukuza nonsense do they?
I don't know if they like it, I can talk only for myself and I don't like it, the arc has been boring and I really think it deserves its position right now. The thing is that it will probably jump back to top 5 and above next issue which makes us wonder what the hell Japanese readers are thinking.

And you are not Rindo, forget it. XD
 

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 16, 2015
Messages
4,312
Reaction score
3,702
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
United Nations
You do realize that they chapters in which they started fighting the 8precepts all ranked well right? In fact this chapter was a break in between them that was at the very end of the fight.
I really don't care about TOC anymore except to verify spoilers are on their way, so I couldn't pin point what chapter was the BnHA one. All I know is that it's during the 8 precepts arc.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
It was a good run while it lasted. 3+ years in the top 5. Impressive. Assuming that the Kirishima part of the arc is what's reflected here... I understand. The pacing was all over the place there.

On a brighter note, I'm happy about Hinomaru Zumou. It looked like it was on its death bed for like a year, and now this. Keep up the good work, Kawada.
 

Mr.Fujimaster

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2017
Messages
437
Reaction score
304
Country
Brazil
Shonen Jump Issue 40:
Dr. Stone (Cover, Lead CP)
Robot x Laserbeam
One Piece
Hinomaru Zumou
The Disastrous Life of Saiki K
The Promised Neverland (CP)
Kimetsu no Yaiba
We Never Learn
Jekyll no Tsukaima (Golden Future Cup Entry #1, CP)
Black Clover
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
Haikyuu!!
Shokugeki no Soma
Hunter x Hunter
My Hero Academia
Gintama
Isobe Isobee Monogatari (CP)
Shudan!
Spring Weapon No. 1
Cross Account
Hungry Marie

Issue 41:
Cover/Lead CP: Robot x Laserbeam
CPs: Boruto, Hinomaru Zumou (2nd Season Start), Joreishi Rentarou no Yakusoku (GFC Entry #2)
Wait a second.
Robot x Laserbeam in first. (VENERATE VETERANS)
Hinomaru Zumou 2nd Season.
My Hero Academy almost on the bottom. This TOC is weird and interesting.
Please Jump, bring me back World Trigger.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
What a sad era we're in if they're considered pillars
Why? TPN/YnY/KnY/HZ are all great titles and they all have potential to be big hits if they receive anime.

I'm tired of it being OP/MHA/SNS. SnS needs to leave and get replaced. MHA is good and obviously OP won't leave.
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It was the Kirishima flashback chapter. Looks like they didn't like it. Me neither.
I kind of thought the flashback was unnecessary and it seems that I wasn't the only one.

I don't know if they like it, I can talk only for myself and I don't like it, the arc has been boring and I really think it deserves its position right now. The thing is that it will probably jump back to top 5 and above next issue which makes us wonder what the hell Japanese readers are thinking.

And you are not Rindo, forget it. XD
I'm going to assume this is only the first chapter of his flashback then next week it could possible be that low again since the chapter ranked next week would be the continuation of Kirishima's flashback.
 

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 16, 2015
Messages
4,312
Reaction score
3,702
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
United Nations
@Leoat12 I am not going to debate facts, especially me essentially be an IRL Rindo.

Back on topic, I would assume next BnHA would get a low rank if the Red Riot flashbacks were that meh.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Why? TPN/YnY/KnY/HZ are all great titles and they all have potential to be big hits if they receive anime.

I'm tired of it being OP/MHA/SNS. SnS needs to leave and get replace MHA is good and obviously OP won't leave.
Outside of TPN they're all niche and prob won't get big boosts like you expect them to.

Why is MHA so controversial on here? Lord if you like it that's fine, if you don't and think it's boring and trash that's fine too. Why we gotta have 1,000,000 posts talking about the same thing almost every day?
 

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 16, 2015
Messages
4,312
Reaction score
3,702
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
United Nations
Outside of TPN they're all niche and prob won't get big boosts like you expect them to.
TPN is basically another good adventure/survival manga that actually keeps people on edge. So yeah, TPN would become the next pillar, if that even exists in a dying format.
 

Mr.Fujimaster

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2017
Messages
437
Reaction score
304
Country
Brazil
Why? TPN/YnY/KnY/HZ are all great titles and they all have potential to be big hits if they receive anime.

I'm tired of it being OP/MHA/SNS. SnS needs to leave and get replaced. MHA is good and obviously OP won't leave.
All these series have a good potential even.
I'm expecting an anime from TPN and YnY.
Why do you think SnS has to end?
It's a good series.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Jump Fiesta is in December right? What are the chances of Yuragi get an anime announcement by that time? Or it it too early~

76 + 12 (4/month for 3 months) = 88th chapter.
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Outside of TPN they're all niche and prob won't get big boosts like you expect them to.

Why is MHA so controversial on here? Lord if you like it that's fine, if you don't and think it's boring and trash that's fine too. Why we gotta have 1,000,000 posts talking about the same thing almost every day?
I mean yeah everyone seems to ignore the fact that virtually everything not from the past 2 years (barring OP) are outside the top 5 this week why don't we focus on how Souma and Black Clover haven't been doing good at all this year for once? Its just an easy prime target because people like it.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
@Leoat12 I am not going to debate facts, especially me essentially be an IRL Rindo.

Back on topic, I would assume next BnHA would get a low rank if the Red Riot flashbacks were that meh.
You have red hair, golden eyes and pointy teeth? Live among scorpions and alligators? XD

Never underestimate Jump readers's capacity of changing of idea on the fly. Take Shokugeki no Soma as an example, we are in the same arc for dozens of chapters already, the chapters were mostly the same quality IMO and Shokugeki rankings are like a roller coaster!
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Outside of TPN they're all niche and prob won't get big boosts like you expect them to.
True but I still think at the least KnY/HZ will have a pretty big boosts with their anime. (depending on the studio/staff that gets them)
 

Mr.Fujimaster

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2017
Messages
437
Reaction score
304
Country
Brazil
Jump Fiesta is in December right? What are the chances of Yuragi get an anime announcement by that time? Or it it too early~

76 + 12 (4/month for 3 months) = 88th chapter.
The chances are good, it will depend on whether a studio wants to do the anime.
I believe that Xebec or J.C Staff will do the Yuragi anime.
As far as I remember, To Love Ru had anime announced in Chapter 76 or 78.
It's at the ideal time for Yuragi to win anime.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top