- Joined
- Dec 4, 2014
- Messages
- 1,763
- Reaction score
- 1,582
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
Ppl want adventure battle shonen but don't realize they prob get cancelled after 10+ chaps a la Demons Plan, Red Sprite.
In fairness neither of those was well...goodPpl want adventure battle shonen but don't realize they prob get cancelled after 10+ chaps a la Demons Plan, Red Sprite.
Well obviously we want them to be good too. Just because we want Adventure Battle Shonen doesn't mean we'll accept whatever is thrown at usPpl want adventure battle shonen but don't realize they prob get cancelled after 10+ chaps a la Demons Plan, Red Sprite.
I wonder about that...Well obviously we want them to be good too. Just because we want Adventure Battle Shonen doesn't mean we'll accept whatever is thrown at us
As i said in my post.Lol based on what information?
I think there's a lot of fun to be had in Black Clover.I wonder about that...
*cof**cof* Black Clover *cof**cof*
I only see the similar looks and nothing else. Will has yet to display or do anything scrub-ish like pre-eclipse Giffith.As i said in my post.
Tabata's clear love of Berserk and the progression of Griffith in all his beautiful, overpowered, ambition makes the inspiration between the two apparent. .
Not a hard stretch to make story wise.
Reading comprehension and reading a lot of manga help.
That is exactly why I read it. If I want a tad more serious there's MHA. If I want extra serious, I got TG: re and Berserk(to re-read).I think there's a lot of fun to be had in Black Clover.
Despite all the hate it gets I would say it's a far better work then Red Sprite and Demons Plan. If if you think it's at the same level of writing BC has far better art and paneling
No, Yuno is going to become the Griffith like character.I only see the similar looks and nothing else. Will has yet to display or do anything scrub-ish like pre-eclipse Giffith.
That is exactly why I read it. If I want a tad more serious there's MHA. If I want extra serious, I got TG: re and Berserk(to re-read).
Those were most probably purposefully cancelled in 10 weeks to help the mangaka grow. Demon's Plan is Okamoto's first serialization so giving him experience actually having a serialization was also one reason. One of Oda's first editors said that they purposefully raise the bar on rookies and cancel them in around 10 weeks so that they grow from the experience and also listen to the readers and the editors. He said that newcomers, especially rookies with promise run full speed and only write what they want and don't listen to their editors. They actually raised the hurdle even further with Oda when he debuted, who would basically fight with his editor on changes to be made at the name stage. The editor would suggest changes and Oda would discard them and do as he originally wanted. One Piece was a hit from the beginning though so cancellation was out of the question and the editor mentions that a reason One Piece flows so well is because Oda has had these ideas since well before serialization. If you look into Jump's history, a lot of the mega hit series are by mangaka that have had one previous failure. Oda, Kishimoto are special cases where their first serialization was a mega hit.Ppl want adventure battle shonen but don't realize they prob get cancelled after 10+ chaps a la Demons Plan, Red Sprite.
I definitely don't see the relation between the two.No, Yuno is going to become the Griffith like character.
I would say it's BS that they sign rookies with the intention of cancelling them in 10 weeks.Those were most probably purposefully cancelled in 10 weeks to help the mangaka grow. Demon's Plan is Okamoto's first serialization so giving him experience actually having a serialization was also one reason. One of Oda's first editors said that they purposefully raise the bar on rookies and cancel them in around 10 weeks so that they grow from the experience and also listen to the readers and the editors. He said that newcomers, especially rookies with promise run full speed and only write what they want and don't listen to their editors. They actually raised the hurdle even further with Oda when he debuted, who would basically fight with his editor on changes to be made at the name stage. The editor would suggest changes and Oda would discard them and do as he originally wanted. One Piece was a hit from the beginning though so cancellation was out of the question and the editor mentions that a reason One Piece flows so well is because Oda has had these ideas since well before serialization. If you look into Jump's history, a lot of the mega hit series are by mangaka that have had one previous failure. Oda, Kishimoto are special cases where their first serialization was a mega hit.
I don't know what you actually tried to say with this comment, but for me it was basically saying that editors are terribly wrong with this policy? The two biggest series of our generation were made by rookies who "didn't know what they were doing and needed help of editors" <- Editors point of view.Those were most probably purposefully cancelled in 10 weeks to help the mangaka grow. Demon's Plan is Okamoto's first serialization so giving him experience actually having a serialization was also one reason. One of Oda's first editors said that they purposefully raise the bar on rookies and cancel them in around 10 weeks so that they grow from the experience and also listen to the readers and the editors. He said that newcomers, especially rookies with promise run full speed and only write what they want and don't listen to their editors. They actually raised the hurdle even further with Oda when he debuted, who would basically fight with his editor on changes to be made at the name stage. The editor would suggest changes and Oda would discard them and do as he originally wanted. One Piece was a hit from the beginning though so cancellation was out of the question and the editor mentions that a reason One Piece flows so well is because Oda has had these ideas since well before serialization. If you look into Jump's history, a lot of the mega hit series are by mangaka that have had one previous failure. Oda, Kishimoto are special cases where their first serialization was a mega hit.
Do you think the first chapter was bad? XDOda did listen to the editor for the first chapter though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
Its the opposite. They viewed Oda as the real thing and someone with huge potential from the beginning and purposefully raised his OK line. Here's his editor Kushima who was with him before he started One Piece:I don't know what you actually tried to say with this comment, but for me it was basically saying that editors are terribly wrong with this policy? The two biggest series of our generation were made by rookies who "didn't know what they were doing and needed help of editors" <- Editors point of view.
Bakuman has never been more true in this regard, it also covered this situation where Mashiro and Takagi listened to the editor and really suffered because of that. I'm not saying that authors, principally rookies, don't need editors' help, but if they try to excessively order the author around, they will miss genius authors like Oda and Kishimoto. Oda IS a genius and it seems like they didn't see him that way because they tried to order him around and conflicts arose. What if Oda listened to the editors? One Piece would have the same success?
I don't like this approach, basically they are canceling authors in 10 chapters to come to them and say "See? I told you to listen to me." and control them tight in the next series. It doesn't seem to me a healthy approach. It cuts potentially beautiful flowers by the root. (Man, that was poetic. xD)