Games Mafia Game 56 - Dragon Ball Z: A New Threat - END GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Totinona

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2008
Messages
886
Reaction score
8,968
Country
Fun Forum
The scav hunt and MHaraton confirmed me that I suck at these riddles. Leaving that up to @Totinona@Organizized
I need a hint for the hint.. :oh
In the scavenger hunt Bob was having fun checking what threads I was looking at to try and find the answers, so I think Orgz would be much more helpful there. :XD
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,595
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I hope I'm not lynched today by the time I get up. Would be a real pity.
Sorry Spirit but you really give me the same feeling as when you were mafia day1 in the JoJo game. If my feeling is wrong then I'm at fault(and the others voting you for a similar feeling), but that's that.
I can still easily agree to switch onto an inactive person and end them this day. You should start thinking of your vote as well since the day is slowly ending.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,843
Reaction score
23,507
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm inclined to believe that you are indeed a townie because you swore on Androssi. We have been discussion partners for years in the Tower of God section. I know exactly how precious Androssi is to you. You would lose all your credibility if you were to fool us by swearing on Androssi just for a single mafia game.

In order to gain your trust, how would you feel if I transfer my strength to you?
It would help but, honestly, when I swore by Androssi you should have never doubted me in the first place. There are about 5 people in this game that knows the unreasonably amount of weight that has with me. I'd expect those who aren't ToG faithful to question it but for those have been around the ToG forum for a long time it was kind of a trap card. And you activated it. That's going to keep you under suspicion for a while..

A better way to make amends would be to punish Kato756. Because mafia or not. He badmouthed Androssi and needs to go down.
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,058
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Sorry Spirit but you really give me the same feeling as when you were mafia day1 in the JoJo game. If my feeling is wrong then I'm at fault(and the others voting you for a similar feeling), but that's that.
I can still easily agree to switch onto an inactive person and end them this day. You should start thinking of your vote as well since the day is slowly ending.
Don't be sorry. Just make sure you don't die.
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,321
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Because of the inherent mechanics of killing in the game, obviously. If no one gave any hints, mafia would default win. We aren't giving hints because it's fun and customary, but because a hint is as much as we can give under usual circumstances without receiving mafia death penalty. Those who don't participate or are suspect don't give out their roles out just like that either, because a hint is maybe enough to both prevent being killed and lynch.



Impressive math skills, but you're being contrarian for the sake of being contrarian (which makes me a bit suspicious). On a day with zero information provided, having a 30% chance to hit mafia members is actually not too bad. It becomes worse as the game goes on, that's so, but I think if we go with your logic, it would make most sense for town to completely stall the vote, try to not lynch anyone at all till we have a 100% chance of hitting mafia... which will never happen (because we will never be ahead in info, the game is designed that way). If you can see the merit of that reasoning, you can also agree that this power transfer thing is basically the same as democratically deciding we're okay with another day time lynch, which is what we should be happy with since it provides us with more agency than usual.
I'm saying I don't agree with the either of trying our luck with another system of killing in addition to lynching when we're going off on nothing asides from pure luck, and especially since you're assuming we won't get any worthwhile info anyway
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
@Holt Because they're the only familiar faces for me in this game:XD
Too weak a reason? :neutral:oh
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,321
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
*idea not either wtf
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,585
Gender
Female
Country
China
Well say something Demon. Do you want to try and get 15 to kill someone we decide on, or do you want us all to drop it? Because the more they give it to you and it doesn't end on 15 the likelier your death at night becomes.
Uh, why? It's not like Demon is getting the transfer because of some special quality of his (that's not to say he's not special, ofc) but simply because of a bandwagon

I would even argue that a game where everyone reveals outright would be an easy townie stomp. The more experienced people can see which parts of the finished role list we'd have then are off. Add in newbies picking something wrong, and others hiding with easy to claim roles as dets/dosc/hiders, it would be an easy game I think.
But alas, our meta is different. Gotta work with what we have, since no way are we getting even half of the players to reveal immediately. The "it's too early" mentality it too deep in most of us.
Yeah, all things considered, not saying anything and voting away people is more reliable than everyone 'coming clean' and getting rekt. All things considered, unless you or town are staring down the barrel, it's almost always too early.

Seems like whatever I try to do, it won't help me gain trust. :/
Yeah, don't worry, it happens (to me, for instance. Basically every time I play this stupid game). The best you can do, to enjoy the game in some way, is to build a case and at least be useful to town whether they appreciate it or not. In the end, you don't get anything for being trusted, you just get shot if you're trusted the least
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,595
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Too risky. It's better like this.

Mafia could also kill me now that I said this to set the potential townies among you three up.

Doctor or Bodyguard protect me if you can.
So you don't want to do it? That's a bit weird, since usually you'd want to unload the energy to kill someone to save yourself...

But I already gave my energy and afaik I can't switch, so you should've said something sooner. Asking for doc protection instead of gathering 15 seems unlike you.
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,058
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I'm sort of inclined to vote for Gry. As of yet he has been the one starting bandwagons.
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,585
Gender
Female
Country
China
Oolong avy→ Honey→ Honey trap→ Prostitute→ Suspicious→ Mafia→ Mafia Escort.

:cookiehand
Yeah, was thinking the same. Spirit and Holt are atm the most suspect players, from how I see it.

I'm saying I don't agree with the either of trying our luck with another system of killing in addition to lynching when we're going off on nothing asides from pure luck, and especially since you're assuming we won't get any worthwhile info anyway
Hence the proposal to target the inactives first
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
I seriously won't be able keep up with this and won't be able to post very much for the rest of the day (until the Phase is over), so I'm gonna vote kill syx because I think whether or not he's Mafia, his way of playing will be damaging to Town side.

My strongest Townie feelings for now are Jammin and Demonspeed. I think WYIS is suspicious with his hinting (also thought prostitute); don't know why he's doing so at this point in time if that is indeed his role claim. Have slight suspicions about Erinyes and Tina because they're giving off newbie-vibe (and I don't know if that's intentional or not). Equally suspicious of all the inactives.

I'll wait with my transfer for now and check in on this thread on my phone from time to time. I don't have a problem with giving Demon my transfer but I won't unless I know it can make a difference.
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,595
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Uh, why? It's not like Demon is getting the transfer because of some special quality of his (that's not to say he's not special, ofc) but simply because of a bandwagon
Because if he ends at high number but below 15 mafia may take that as a reason to kill him, since that energy is lost forever then. Then again they may just take the small gamble and let us kill one of our own, but if demon has a good role it could just be inviting them to shoot him at night. But hard to say in any case.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,672
Reaction score
61,370
Gender
Male
Country
France
So you don't want to do it? That's a bit weird, since usually you'd want to unload the energy to kill someone to save yourself...

But I already gave my energy and afaik I can't switch, so you should've said something sooner. Asking for doc protection instead of gathering 15 seems unlike you.
My opinion doesn't matter much. The ones who choose are the other players. If I receive this much energy I won't have any reason not to use it. If you want it to happen convince the others first.
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,585
Gender
Female
Country
China
I'm sort of inclined to vote for Gry. As of yet he has been the one starting bandwagons.
oinkposed to you, who has been mostly giving us oinkliners


since youre a pig im using your language, im so considerate wtf
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,321
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
@Holt Because they're the only familiar faces for me in this game:XD
Too weak a reason? :neutral:oh
I was going to say you know spirit too. But asides that, they being familiar to you is not really relevant to their affiliation...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top