I‘ve been told that several people are planning to host games, so to avoid any problems like people cutting into each other‘s game signups and other things we may need a schedule of games.
For anyone who plans to host a game, you can either write in this thread for what month/day you‘re planning a game or edit it in the schedule yourself if you can.
Note that there‘s no limit to how many games can be had per month, but try not to have 2 games running at the same time.
Sign-ups!
To everyone who usually plays MG or those that don‘t want to miss signups, we‘re testing a new way to alert everyone to a new game instead of mass tags before each game.
All you have to do is go to>>this thread<<and press Watch on the top corner of the thread. I or a host will post there and notify everyone like this whenever a new game starts.
While hosting overall isn't necessarily hard, it's very easy to mess things up as we have seen plenty of times already. This naturally happens more often with newer hosts.
In order to get these new hosts familiar with how the game works behind the scenes and make it a smoother experience for everyone (no one wants a cancelled game!), we are establishing these sets of rules that follow the methods that have been used in the last 50 games:
-If it's your first time hosting, it's MANDATORY to have the help of someone that has hosted before. As long as they aren't banned, it doesn't matter if this person hosted twenty times or just once. This experienced host will be the "Main Host", while the new one assumes the role of "co-host".
-Tasks will be split in a rather equal manner so that the Main Host can keep things in check while the Co-host gets hands-on experience to learn properly.
-The Main Host has the final say when it comes to decisions (ideally, this won't need to be enforced heavily, it's mostly to avoid possible issues).
Once the game is over, the co-host can host on their own and even take the role of "experienced host" for a new host in need!
Before I forget (I'll probably still forget, but I have to leave it somewhere so I don't forget)
- Motion to disallow the liking of comments whose content are not exclusively humorous (and so don't have direct bearing or influence on the game state) (so posts that are exclusively memes or humour are okay, but liking a comment you agree with based on some implication or so, I don't think should be okay). I got this from Spirit liking some comment someone made correctly assessing he was like DTV, and I feel that liking such comments kind of undermines the limits there are on the roles in the first place
- Motion to disallow arguing your personal life got in the way of you playing the game. I'm okay with someone mentioning it, but I'm not okay with someone basically using that as an argument or a reasoning or a whatever else. It gives the one claiming it some kind of out of game advantage since they can simply claim it and somehow, implicitly or not, be excused from providing better reasoning or whatever. Basically, a player in that situation basically doesn't talk about those kind of activities in the game thread. I'm not saying that personal life doesn't get in the way but if you come in and say 'yo long day, (random vote), (empty banter)', I mean, it kind of kills the possibility of real suspicion until later. I.e. in that situation the player would simply cast the vote, post their random bant and get punished for it by the players.
Im not saying that these two suggestions should pass in that form, but the basic problem/idea Im trying to get across at least is clear I hope
I just got advantage of the waifu thing to clear the suspicions on me, a serial killer cannot survive without some dirty playing, that's a given with that insane amount of people.
Though in my defense, I will say Holo would have done the same in order to win a game, she's smart after all Im sure she would understand
I just got advantage of the waifu thing to clear the suspicions on me, a serial killer cannot survive without some dirty playing, that's a given with that insane amount of people.
Though in my defense, I will say Holo would have done the same in order to win a game, she's smart after all Im sure she would understand
If you don't your attempts at justification will only bring you to the terrible truth. You threw away Holo, all sense of morality, and still got killed. So don't ask yourself what is it that you gained; or what is it that you lost. Because you'll only realize that, if you feel it was worth it, you never truly loved Holo at all. If you feel that it wasn't, all you can do now is regret that your love was so weak.
So, for your own sake, just own it. Don't dwell on it or try to justify it. It's who you are now.