Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
He said that making romance mangas is easier, if it is not putting something over the other, I don't know what it is.
I'm ending here, it is not worth it. Despite all the hate, Nisekoi got a good run and was successful, "We Never Learn" can do the same.
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Question for you guys --As someone who despises the romance genre but does like cute girls, are there manga that have the latter but not the former? Or is it a whole package sorta deal? I like the premise of WNL but I dislike that it's become rom-com, because I just feel nothing for fictional romances. (Manga/anime/live action.)
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,296
Reaction score
7,331
Age
33
Country
Scotland
There's a decent amount of battle shounen with cute girls and little no no romance.

Also the whole cute girl moe slice of life genre where guys pretty much don't even exist in the background.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Yup, seems like the "cute girls doing cute things" genre is what you're looking for. You won't find anything like that in WSJ.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Question for you guys --As someone who despises the romance genre but does like cute girls, are there manga that have the latter but not the former? Or is it a whole package sorta deal? I like the premise of WNL but I dislike that it's become rom-com, because I just feel nothing for fictional romances. (Manga/anime/live action.)
This is not actually the place to ask such question, but I will answer anyway:
- Flying Witch
- Non Non Biyori
- Gendai Majou Shuushoku Jijou
- 三ツ星カラーズ
- ヤマノススメ
- The entire Idolmaster franchise (my avatar is a little taste. XD)

Just naming a few that I'm reading (read) recently.
There is a lot of them, the majority of the manga nowadays have cute girls, no matter the genre. I still think that romance makes use of them the best, but that's your choice.
 
Last edited:

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
I'm torn on this. On one hand, Pierriot might actually make BC into a quality anime. On the other hand, BC would also have benefitted from the long-running treatment. I think I lean slightly towards feeling happy. I am surprised that it's not at least 2 cours though.
 

Avok

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2015
Messages
477
Reaction score
363
Gender
Male
Country
Avatar
The ideal would be 24, ending with a bang with the best fight in the series so far.
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Funimation's Website Lists Black Clover as 13 Episodes.....,,,????

https://www.funimation.com/shows/black-clover/

So if the anime adapts around 1.5 to 2 chapters an episode the season would end around chapter 22 right at the beginning of the Clover Kingdom Invasion Arc. Thats actually not a bad place to end a season one at and pick back up on with a season 2 that is considering it really is 13 episodes.
 
Last edited:

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I don't think we should take Funimation episodes count as a fact, they changed Saiki's episodes count multiple times when it aired
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
There's no way Black Clover will be any less than 2 cours. This is Pierrot and a WSJ manga we're talking about here.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
The ideal would be 24, ending with a bang with the best fight in the series so far.
What's the best fight? Water Temple?
 

vampire killer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
802
Reaction score
465
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
Its for the best really. Long running show are dead. We should get new season every year now.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
So Funimation is listing Black Clover as being 1-Cour

Edit: sorry I'm late
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I don't think we should take Funimation episodes count as a fact, they changed Saiki's episodes count multiple times when it aired
Didn't Saiki air kind of weird compared to other series though. Like we're some episodes super short
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Didn't Saiki air kind of weird compared to other series though. Like we're some episodes super short
Yeah. It aired a short episode every weekday, and then a full 24min episode was aired on Sundays(I think), which was a compilation of the shorts that were released earlier that week.
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Tabata commented on the anime Yami vs. Licht fight. There's no way it's only 13 episodes.
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
Question for you guys --As someone who despises the romance genre but does like cute girls, are there manga that have the latter but not the former? Or is it a whole package sorta deal? I like the premise of WNL but I dislike that it's become rom-com, because I just feel nothing for fictional romances. (Manga/anime/live action.)
There's some like that in Young Jump and other Jump mags.
There are other magazines made for the kind of stuff (CGCDT) that you're looking for.
Like: https://mangahelpers.com/forum/threads/manga-time-kirara-family-houbunsha.3008904/ (4-koma but also normal format ones)
But if you're looking in WSJ, you're out of luck unfortunately.
 

razerxs

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2017
Messages
396
Reaction score
740
Country
Galactic Republic
13 episodes seems about right to cover what we've seen in the PV: ~21 chapters for dungeon arc plus filler. It'd be the same as MHA's cour.

It's probably just a placeholder though.
Tabata commented on the anime Yami vs. Licht fight. There's no way it's only 13 episodes.
He might just be confident about more seasons. Yami vs Licht is pretty far into the series.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top