Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverblade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2007
Messages
999
Reaction score
595
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Aniki ;_;

I think Yokota needs to make a battle that was great as Sentou Hakai Gakuen Dangerous I mean its so popular fans made a official Board game out of it.
The original web rolepaying game came before the board game and several manga adaptations. The franchise is insane like that, and I really want to see it completely translated one day.

Back to your main point, YOKO had a strong comedy and slice of life base from the 2ch beginings of his career, but it was definitely Sentou Hakai Gakuen Dangerous when his talent for action bloomed. Except for Golden, all of his works that followed not only retain that hot blooded atmosphere, but actually strengthen it to utmost peak of sheer intensity. He knows very well the time and place to use it - that sense of balance is definitely his main strength as a mangaka. Even his art compliments it with strong contrast whenever necessary for the raw feeling to come out.


Of course, I am biased to say this, but senpai match of the dancing midgets was the highlight of 2016. I do agree that YOKO could do an outstanding nekketsu series in the future.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
What was Golem Hearts about? Everybody except Mammo seemed to only praise it. Where can I find it?
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Wow KnY vol 8 looks sexy. Let's stomp that 100k threshold...hoping for 150k for first month sales.
Third week sales:
341780 (7)│*438814┃*,490,771┃My Hero Academia 15
221705 (7)│*276148┃*,304,750┃Shokugeki no Soma 26
171002 (7)│*218239┃*,244,039┃Promised Neverland 5​
Lmao TPN is catching up with SnS's sales. Is that a drop for SnS?
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
The Tomatoypoo no Lycopene oneshot was in Jump at the beginning of the year. I'll post the actual OS later if I can find it.
Not a fan of Ooishi's crude humor style personally, but at least the art in the actual OS from what I've seen looks better than Inumarudashi.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Appreciate that, enjoyed it. I'm guessing the final villain will be his master or a golem/sorcerer hybrid, if it makes it that far.
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
Wow KnY vol 8 looks sexy. Let's stomp that 100k threshold...hoping for 150k for first month sales.

Lmao TPN is catching up with SnS's sales. Is that a drop for SnS?
Yeah, it dropped again.
#25 - 311,314 (20 days)
#26 - 304,750 (21 days)
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Super pumped for Golem Hearts serialization and Akahe no Achoo mangaka. Hopefully a battle manga or action series.
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I thought Golem Heart was kind of a boring read to be honest, maybe it's because of how one shots come across as really fast paced to me. It's not bad but I wouldn't read week to week when/if it becomes a series.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,106
Reaction score
5,852
Age
33
Country
United States
Golem Hearts is the one with the kid with the afro? I liked that one.
 

De La Croissant

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
804
Reaction score
668
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Boku no Hero is the magazine's third-highest selling title (fuck you HxH), it is at the climax of the arc, but was placed below Robot, Saiki and WNL. Haikyuu is the magazine's second best selling manga (bite me, HxH), but its CP is almost at the bottom. Oh, guys, I'm sorry, but I got on the conspiracy train and I can not get out XD.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Gets axed in 12 chaps
on one hand, manga that gets 2 version before serialization have been cursed since 2014
Takuan and Batsu = axed
Galaxy Gangs = still not serialize
Tokubetsu Kokkakoumuin Kaizousha Taisakuka Tanaka Seiji = won the GFC still not serialize
Ayakashi-kun Katteiru = still not serialize
Deadman Killer = still not serialize
Ryuujin-den Gagamaru = still not serialize
Chikyuu Ningen Terra-chan = was turned into a mini series

on the other hand, before 2014, there was Haikyuu and Hinomaru which are both successful long runner

Golem Hearts is the one with the kid with the afro? I liked that one.
no, it's the Pinocchio one

The Tomatoypoo no Lycopene oneshot was in Jump at the beginning of the year. I'll post the actual OS later if I can find it.
os

http://www71.zippyshare.com/v/aCkECxeW/file.html
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Boku no Hero is the magazine's third-highest selling title (fuck you HxH), it is at the climax of the arc, but was placed below Robot, Saiki and WNL. Haikyuu is the magazine's second best selling manga (bite me, HxH), but its CP is almost at the bottom. Oh, guys, I'm sorry, but I got on the conspiracy train and I can not get out XD.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,106
Reaction score
5,852
Age
33
Country
United States
Ohhhhh. It's the one with the bland Meliodas looking MC...
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
I feel like MHA and Haikyuu's recent ranks could also just be a sign that the magazine is finally becoming more competitive than it has been in the past couple of years. With Dr.Stone, RxL, Neverland, Kimetsu No Yaiba, and WNL all being successes now. And if1 or 2 of the new series coming in are a success there will be even more competition.
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I feel like MHA and Haikyuu's recent ranks could also just be a sign that the magazine is finally becoming more competitive than it has been in the past couple of years. With Dr.Stone, RxL, Neverland, Kimetsu No Yaiba, and WNL all being successes now. And if1 or 2 of the new series coming in are a success there will be even more competition.
I can also agree that Neverland, Stone and Kimetsu may be in better phases but...
06 Bokuben c.026
07 Robot c.020
08 Saiki c.254
09 Hero Academia c.148
Really?

And why was Haikyuu CP put at the end of the magazine? Yeah, yeah, I know CPs are not ranked, but Haikyuu is too important to be put into the bottom.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Honest question, what is the correct definition of a "success"? Is Spring Weapon a success?
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Honest question, what is the correct definition of a "success"? Is Spring Weapon a success?
To me, something that either sells well, does well in the reader surveys, or both. For instance, Hinomaru Zumou does not sell that well, but it's clearly popular among the readers since it's lasted this long. I would classify it as a success.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top