Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
So Viz will be doing a Jump Start of Lycopene. Nothing on the other 2 yet, but its probably a safe assumption they will.

Also interesting is about Seraph of the End being absent for next weeks monthly issue. Not sure if it's actually absent from Sq as there's been no word yet, but with the new Kenshin and Jump Start, they may well have decided to purposely not include it due to the issue already being to large. Or it could just be on break and I'm overthinking things. Would be disappointed if they did decide not to include it for that reason though.
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So Viz will be doing a Jump Start of Lycopene. Nothing on the other 2 yet, but its probably a safe assumption they will.

Also interesting is about Seraph of the End being absent for next weeks monthly issue. Not sure if it's actually absent from Sq as there's been no word yet, but with the new Kenshin and Jump Start, they may well have decided to purposely not include it due to the issue already being to large. Or it could just be on break and I'm overthinking things. Would be disappointed if they did decide not to include it for that reason though.
Seraph is confirmed absent this issue, it was announced last month that he was taking a break to work on the new volume and artbook.
 

OfficialHxH

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2017
Messages
1,043
Reaction score
1,909
Country
United States
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Author comments from this week's issue in case yall haven't seen it
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Despite how I feel about the source material, I'm very happy for Tabata. Looking forward to watching the first episode tomorrow.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
It says a new round so I assume they're doing all 3, the only stuff they've avoided so far is the ones with incredibly heavy fanservice.

I'm kind of looking forward to seeing what on earth Tomatoy is like. I know gag series are pretty often odd/very different art-wise but this one almost seems like it's in the wrong magazine, it looks more like something you'd expect from Ciao or Sanrio (which I'm guessing is probably the point but we won't know until it's out).
 

Shinji Hirako

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2017
Messages
133
Reaction score
196
Age
30
Country
United Kingdom
I was shocked when I saw Bleach's last print count was recorded as 90 mil while OP's (now) is 400 and Naruto's 220?? The discrepancy was truly larger than I ever thought.
Worldwide print numbers for Naruto and One Piece vs Japan only print numbers for Bleach, no one ever mentions that little detail. Obviously the former series are more popular than Bleach worldwide but that missed out detail still counts for something.

For example Bleach manga is available in over 30 countries outside of Japan which would almost certainly put its total print over 100 million.
Source: https://www.luccacomicsandgames.com/it/2017/comics/ospiti/tite-kubo/
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Hunter x Hunter anime and manga got a pretty regular Schedule in the West at the time.
Also while in the internet HxH 2011 is treated like god, it didn't had that equal impact in the general public. I would say it had a similar impact to Soul Eater and Fullmetal Alchemist. Super popular with the anime fans, but not that much , even though significant, in the "mainstream".
The comparison of Soul Eater or FMA is very accurate. Why I agree is because when I was a casual anime watcher I've never even heard of HxH till about two years ago but I was familiar of Soul Eater and FMA because it used to come on TV where I live. HxH 2011 just started to come on American broadcasts last year so the upcoming generation should be hip to this series. All these are considered "mainstream" series but a different connotation compared to the Big 3 and DBZ in the west. You don't even have to be into anime/manga to know of these series.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Your right though that it wasn't top 3 for the majority of its run as we all know of its downfall 2011-16.
thanks for the correction. Most of my bookmark data is back at home so i just gather what i have for that ^.

With all the Big 3 talk, is it time to bring back BLEACH ANIME WHEN?

too soon? I see myself out. :XD

-------------------

If Seven Seas don't announce any new titles today or anytime during this week then the Amazon Yuragi is FAKE NEWS for now. Don't disappoint me.
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
New Hoshin Engi reboot anime art:
 

vampire killer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
802
Reaction score
465
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
Men this look just like the manga. Nice. At least is not fujo bait like LGH.
 

Silverblade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2007
Messages
999
Reaction score
595
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
The majority of Houshin Engi doujinshi scene was bl. Then again, this is usually the case with this magazine.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil

Author comments from this week's issue in case yall haven't seen it
We have to keep our eyes open for Taishi Tsutsui's daughter debut in 18 years or so, she likes to draw and is a genius! I know you guys will be around here until there. :derp
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Has the OP for BC's anime leaked yet? I don't mean the song, but the actual animation and what have you.
 

OfficialHxH

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2017
Messages
1,043
Reaction score
1,909
Country
United States
Waiting for that name for Goku's new transformation
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Has the OP for BC's anime leaked yet? I don't mean the song, but the actual animation and what have you.
No, at least not that I've found, I do find it kind of weird that stuff like the op and an official conformation on episode count has been a closely guarded information throughout the lead up to the anime premiere.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Makes me wonder if Hunter x Hunter could have made it the "Big Four" if it had a consistent release schedule. It sold better per volume than Bleach, right? Plus, look at how popular and critically acclaimed the 2011 anime is. It's crazy to think about it.
Pretty sure if it had a consistent schedule then 2011 anime wouldn't exist. The 1999 anime will still would've continued. It definitely sold more than Bleach.

Bleach's peak TV ratings was soul society at like 5% and HxH 1999 had an average of 9% TV ratings. So yeah huge gap. Only thing Bleach had to brag over HxH 1999 was better disc sales but I think the Greed Island OVA's sold a good amount.
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,560
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
We have to keep our eyes open for Taishi Tsutsui's daughter debut in 18 years or so, she likes to draw and is a genius! I know you guys will be around here until there. :derp
I'd certainly welcome a female author making it big in Jump. That's sure to shake things up in Jump....
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Random, but I think A1 Pictures would actually be perfect for Neverland
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
Random, but I think A1 Pictures would actually be perfect for Neverland
Why so?
They don't have in-house staff (only certain directors / other industry people who work with them often), so the staff for Neverland could be literally anybody. Unless you're referring to those certain staff.
I think the character designs that you usually see from their shows could work, but the original designs shouldn't be changed much.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top