Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Quote me on this. Lycopene will be a success :3c.

In all seriousness though, why do people seem so against funky stuff? It's a good strategy, you see this on the cover and wonder what the hell its about. It draws in readers. I'm personally way more excited to read this than the other two series which will probably just be generic like everything else because I know it'll be different, and different is interesting.

The very fact the art has stirred up such a big discussion here is already a good sign for it. It's already in better position for its debut than. The other two.
Just a niche thing.
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
「クロスアカウント①」の初版は約3万部(推測値)。出足好調
Estimated first print of Cross Account is 30k.

1st Day Shoseki Ranks - Oct 4th

1 - Haikyuu!! #28
2 - Blue Exorcist #20
3 - World's End Harem #4
4 - Black Clover #13
5 - Gintama #70
6 - Kimetsu no Yaiba #8
8 - Robot x Laserbeam #2
9 - The Disastrous Life of Saiki K #23
10 - We Never Learn #3
11 - Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V Saikyou Duelist Yuya #2
12 - Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V #4
14 - Captain Tsubasa: Rising Sun #7
15 - Kuroko no Basket -Replace Plus- #7
16 - Cross Account #1
17 - Taisho Wotome Otogibanashi #5
18 - Karada Sagashi #15
21 - Hungry Marie #2
27 - Spring Weapon No. 1 #4
61 - Makui no Rease #4
135 - Bye Bye Jinrui #4
169 - Drive a Stake Into the Heart #1
209 - Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters #2
 

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
shoseki updated
things I noticed

both Cross Account and Hungry Marie are outselling Spring Weapon lol
BC vol.1 is barley in the top 50 placing at 49
RxL passed Saiki but not KnY
Made in Abyss is having a pretty late anime boost
Black Clover might have a boost that is outside of the Top 50. Volume 13 might sell for around 5-6 weeks before dropping out and the other volumes will grow akin to Heroaca during the second season, though Heroaca also had volume 13 show up for a week when Volume 14 was released due to the Todoroki episode. That is still capable of giving it a boost but we just won't see it unless we look at the estimated series total weekly.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
(I know I'm late on these, but time zones)
Wow the amount of cringe is something else. Speaking of MHA anyone else saw Sawyers video on it?
If he has barely watched/read the series, then his opinion is useless to me. The video almost comes across like a joke with how bad his criticisms are. He even started talking about characters' names as a problem too.

There is much to critique about MHA, but his video doesn't touch on any of it. It just reads as a die-hard Naruto fan who went in trying to hate it.
Nothing is more cringe than Forneverworld's video about series getting cancelled...he thinks OP wasn't popular since the start.
Though I don't think it was in the video you mentioned, I still remember 'Cancelled no Yaiba'. However, as I've said before, the worst video to me is still that one guy who tried to start a '#boycottshonenjump' movement because Bleach ended.
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
To be fair, did anyone think KnY would flourish like it did? I'm guilty of thinking it was cancellation fodder early on. Which is funny, since it's now one of my favorites.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
I thought it would probably do all right as long as the somewhat weaker first 3 chapters didn't kill it off, and Pile of Hands made me think it had something special and could be something great as long as it got past the risky early months. Then we got ch 14 right after the rankings started looking up and I was pretty sure at that point that it would be safe.
 

void data

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 10, 2017
Messages
13
Reaction score
28
Country
Indonesia
To be fair, did anyone think KnY would flourish like it did? I'm guilty of thinking it was cancellation fodder early on. Which is funny, since it's now one of my favorites.
I had a pause after reading chapter 1 at that time to think about it, and I didn't mind if it's canceled but wouldn't be surprised if it ends up stay. The premise is easy to understand and quite touching. The characters is too early to judge but the relationship is there. The artsyle while rough around the edges, it's fitting to the story well. I thought there's some charm to it and if it would be succesful, it might have a pretty nice following fans.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Yeah I'll be real it's impossible to force myself to look forward a gag manga. No matter how true rings the statement of "don't knock it till you try it/you never know until you read it" (happened me with HxH recently and glad I tried it) it's just simply series I will never try cause it either looks weak sauce, uninteresting, or unentertaining.

For example everyone who reads that KnY series has nothing but good things to say about it. The art turns me way way off, just can't get past it to ever try it out. But I'll watch an anime if it ever comes by cause an anime would make it clean. Then Robot, one word: golf. At least with HxH Killua and Kurapika were cool looking enough to try out. How am I supposed to look forward to a poodle and golf?
 

Shinji Hirako

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2017
Messages
133
Reaction score
196
Age
30
Country
United Kingdom
I know this is not related to Jump but damn next year is looking lit.
2018
Tokyo Ghoul: Re, One Punch Man Season 2, Attack on Titan season 3, Code Geass Season 3, My Hero Academia Season 3

The crazy part is that we could be in for more surprises.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
We have a Weekly Young Jump thread. Bring the activity there where it deserves and belongs.
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
We have a Weekly Young Jump thread. Bring the activity there where it deserves and belongs.
Just to elaborate on this, as far as I'm concerned while this still isn't the best place, OPM sort of gets a pass here because of the author and the fact that it's still marketed to a WSJ audience (published under Jump Comics, gets furigana added, etc) but TG absolutely belongs in the WYJ thread.
I mean ideally all that stuff would be in the series' own threads or sections but I've long since given up on trying to enforce that.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
I guess people are just drawn to post it in this thread because it's the most active.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Has there ever been a ping pong manga in jump before?
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
WSJ Issue #46 Preview :

Im glad the anime improves Boruto's art, the manga artist sometimes gives their faces some weird roundness. Sakurada looks amazing there though.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Has there ever been a ping pong manga in jump before?
We had one pretty recently, Takujou no Ageha ran back in late 2014 to early 2015. I don't know if there's been a non instantly cancelled one though.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Speaking of which, what else has Ageha guy done since the series got cancelled? I see there's a oneshot about violin demons or something that someone even translated but the usual database sites tend to be missing a lot of oneshots so I don't know if it's his only new thing or not.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Im glad the anime improves Boruto's art, the manga artist sometimes gives their faces some weird roundness. Sakurada looks amazing there though.
What do you mean the anime improves it? Not knocking you, just wanna know how it improves it cause from what I've seen it got better but still is bad. Sarada's attire is still cringey and Konohamaru doesn't even look human.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
What do you mean the anime improves it? Not knocking you, just wanna know how it improves it cause from what I've seen it got better but still is bad. Sarada's attire is still cringey and Konohamaru doesn't even look human.
We dont have the weird face thing going on that manga has for example.
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
ジャンプフェスタのステージゆらぎがあるな(鬼滅はない)
So apparently Yuuna is getting a stage event at Jump Festa.
Kimetsu is not getting one though according to this. Will have to wait for confirmation when Jump releases about this.
SQ's representatives for stages are Kekkai Sensen and New PoT, revealed in the recent issue of SQ
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top