Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
I'm not representative of the entire reader base of Yuragi, but I just want to say that I couldn't care less about the boobs and butts "flying everywhere", I just think that Yuuna is precious and I hope she gets a happy ending. Not everyone who reads it is does it for some sort of sexual pleasure. Besides, there's better outlets for that kind of stuff that I'm sure you're aware of.
I've been loving the world building we've been getting with all these namedrops about the three families.
I'm still certain we will get some real battle arcs as the series goes on. It's a great manga that is capable of tackling any genre it wants and I genuinely love the whole cast.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Your persistence on judging a book by its cover has been overboard. You act like a series with ecchi can't also have other types of humor or tones as well.
It's a ridiculously shallow perspective.
Years of experiences reading mangas with or without ecchi leads me to the conclusion that it is harmful, always. It always gets in the way of a good storytelling, it is very hard to make a good story when you are obliged to have boobs flying every page. It has to be something very well controlled like in Shokugeki no Soma where it is used for a very specific purpose and is sporadically used.
You just have to see Yuragi on Google Images, its merchandising, etc. Its selling point is obvious and it is impossible to ignore.

The premise of Shokugeki no Soma is also a borderline tentacle ****** + foodgasm which turns a lots of people off. :3chypocrisy is real I guess.
See my explanation above. The tentacle thing happened only once in the entire series! Tsukuda Yuto and Saeki Shun learned to control themselves throughout the series, now the foodgasms are really something special and not all of them are ecchi, a lot of them are references as well. They diversified this characteristic point of the series, now you look forward to what they will bring, they are creative, it is not just boobs and clothes ripping all the time. Shokugeki no Soma was always the series where ecchi is used in an useful way somehow, the ONLY ONE. This opinion is not new, I stated here multiple times, years before Yuragi even come to exist.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
Years of experiences reading mangas with or without ecchi leads me to the conclusion that it is harmful, always. It always gets in the way of a good storytelling, it is very hard to make a good story when you are obliged to have boobs flying every page. It has to be something very well controlled like in Shokugeki no Soma where it is used for a very specific purpose and is sporadically used.
You just have to see Yuragi on Google Images, its merchandising, etc. Its selling point is obvious and it is impossible to ignore.

See my explanation above. The tentacle thing happened only once in the entire series! Tsukuda Yuto and Saeki Shun learned to control themselves throughout the series, now the foodgasms are really something special and not all of them are ecchi, a lot of them are references as well. They diversified this characteristic point of the series, now you look forward to what they will bring, they are creative, it is not just boobs and clothes ripping all the time. Shokugeki no Soma was always the series where ecchi is used in an useful way somehow, the ONLY ONE. This opinion is not new, I stated here multiple times, years before Yuragi even come to exist.

And Hunter x Hunter is a cute series about a group of cute boys on their friendly adventures as they play video games, dodgeball, and catch bugs.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Oh wow, the foodgasms are references to other series?!? That's so impressive!

/sarcasm

Shokugeki still has a lot of fanservice foodgasms. It's nothing impressive.
 
Last edited:

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Years of experiences reading mangas with or without ecchi leads me to the conclusion that it is harmful, always. It always gets in the way of a good storytelling, it is very hard to make a good story when you are obliged to have boobs flying every page. It has to be something very well controlled like in Shokugeki no Soma where it is used for a very specific purpose and is sporadically used.
You just have to see Yuragi on Google Images, its merchandising, etc. Its selling point is obvious and it is impossible to ignore.
Typical shallow view of someone who hasn’t read it. Im not particularly against ecchi, but I also thought it was mostly harmful until I read Yuragi, it’s that good. Even with all the ecchi ‘getting in the way’, it still manages better character and romantic developments than most romcoms ive read, and I do like myself a romcom. Just proves how good it is.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Typical shallow view of someone who hasn’t read it. Im not particularly against ecchi, but I also thought it was mostly harmful until I read Yuragi, it’s that good. Even with all the ecchi ‘getting in the way’, it still manages better character and romantic developments than most romcoms ive read, and I do like myself a romcom. Just proves how good it is.
It was not because of lack of tentatives, believe me. I have Koisome Momiji in my shelf and in my opinion it was a master piece and was unfairly canceled, Miura Tadahiro was in its best there. The series had ecchi, but not in the amount Yuragi has, it was there in the right amount. As a fan of Miura Tadahiro it pains me to have extreme ecchi as a barrier to read his new series which I longed for since Koisome Momiji ended. I wouldn't be even discussing Yuragi if it didn't interest me, but I'm 100% sure that no matter the qualities, I will not be able to concentrate on them because of the extreme ecchi. I will not waste time and money. I'm tired of wasting time and money on such things, the "I read for the plot" came from this, people make you believe that it has something special there, but in the end it is just the old crap ecchi.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
I don't know man, this just looks like some blind hate that you accuse others here of having towards romance manga.
:thinking:
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
It was not because of lack of tentatives, believe me. I have Koisome Momiji in my shelf and in my opinion it was a master piece and was unfairly canceled, Miura Tadahiro was in its best there. The series had ecchi, but not in the amount Yuragi has, it was there in the right amount. As a fan of Miura Tadahiro it pains me to have extreme ecchi as a barrier to read his new series which I longed for since Koisome Momiji ended. I wouldn't be even discussing Yuragi if it didn't interest me, but I'm 100% sure that no matter the qualities, I will not be able to concentrate on them because of the extreme ecchi. I will not waste time and money. I'm tired of wasting time and money on such things, the "I read for the plot" came from this, people make you believe that it has something special there, but in the end it is just the old crap ecchi.
It isn’t just old crap ecchi... Your loss though. If you don’t like ecchi, fine, but don’t talk shit about it when you havent even read it. It’s pathetic.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Tsukuda Yuto and Saeki Shun learned to control themselves throughout the series, now the foodgasms are really something special and not all of them are ecchi (1), a lot of them are references (2) as well. They diversified this characteristic point of the series, now you look forward to what they will bring, they are creative, it is not just boobs and clothes ripping all the time.
alright jagman this will be my only comment for this topic unless he replied to me so don't banned me plssssssss.

Look man i generally don't care/give a damn if you dislike Ecchi or not. But it's your hypocrisy and defending series you like to oblivion is pissing me off. Any series you don't like is trash we get it. The same thing happen to a romance conversation a while back when you raise your fangs at people for not liking romance or thinking romance is trash.

(1) You mean like every shokugeki ever? Chapter 227 is the closest chapter where it has food tasting. Ecchi (from Kuga food and Eishi food). Oh how about chapter 214 with Nene?
(2) in fact it's the opposite, all the cool references appear WAY less now since the Autumn's Election. Also, what about Isshiki the exhibionist? Or it's just for comedy purpose?

But that's not the point, in fact i just have couple simple questions to you

How are the boobs and butts that portray in Shokugeki no Soma difference from the boobs and butts that portray in Yuragi sou no Yuuna san? If you say yes then this convo is done, go back to my second sentence about the hypocrisy that you will defense series you like to oblivion.

In chapter (15) where Yuiga clean the bathhouse/sauna and get stuck inside. How is it difference from a typical ecchi chapter? At the end of the chapter there is a body revealing scene too. If you say yes there is a difference then my point stands.

How are the choosing a bra chapter (29) in WE Never Learn difference from choosing a swimsuit chapter in Yuragi?

How are the taking a bath chapter (21) in WNL difference from taking a hot spring bath in Yuragi?

this, people make you believe that it has something special there, but in the end it is just the old crap ecchi.
Yeah just like Nisekoi is a rip off of Love Hina and We Never Learn is the same old romance story. Boys help multiple harem girls, girls fall in love with boy. All of them has a harem. OH wait, but i can't talk about this since you like these two series and will defend them to oblivion and say how i don't understand romance bla bla bla. See the irony? I'm not defending anything right now, just pointing out the same thing you swear upon.

----------

Let me remind you why this convo started. I was making a joke comment about Yuragi latest chapter. Whoever read it will understand what I meant and have a good laugh. If you don't read it just move on.

In fact, you're the only person who is butthurt about Yuragi just because Tadahiro drew something that you deemed a masterpiece and hated it when you can't read it anymore and you judge people on liking it. A lots of people here know Yuragi exists in Jump, some read it some don't. But those who don't they don't comment about it.
 

Caiops

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2015
Messages
803
Reaction score
519
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Lol, Yuragi is great, amazing cast, great humor, Fuyuzora its one of the best MC i have seen on a romance manga.

Chapter 16.5 from SAO(that you like so much) its "crap old ecchi" or "crap old porn", not the one on Yuragi.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Does Sunday even have battle shounen anymore? Now that Magi's done.
there's Ushio to Tora author new manga and there's also the manga about a very old ninja
Birdmen and Saike are irregular serialization

There's also Soaring Quadrable and RYOKO but one is insta-cancellation and the other is on forever hiatus

Maybe that just doesn't suit him so he's trying a sport series.
or maybe it's about Pingpong with superpowers
Kuroko no Pingpong

Golem hearts is an art manga confirmed
man, could you imagine all the butthurt that would cause to all of the people that's desperately want a new battle manga?

speaking of which, I like Noah new look, his old white and black clothes were boring to look at




on the other hand, switch red with orange and this is just Hinata

 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
My guess is that Noah's new powers for the series involve painting on the Golems or something
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I remember Boku no Hero volumes having a boost just after the first episode.
If you go further back into this topic, you'll notice that each volume of BC was in the top 300 manga sales immediately after the anime's first episode aired. The point I'm making is, you won't see the "full effect" of the boost until a few episodes have aired, not that you wouldn't see a boost at all.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
there's Ushio to Tora author new manga and there's also the manga about a very old ninja
Birdmen and Saike are irregular serialization

There's also Soaring Quadrable and RYOKO but one is insta-cancellation and the other is on forever hiatus



or maybe it's about Pingpong with superpowers
Kuroko no Pingpong



man, could you imagine all the butthurt that would cause to all of the people that's desperately want a new battle manga?

speaking of which, I like Noah new look, his old white and black clothes were boring to look at




on the other hand, switch red with orange and this is just Hinata

I dont know...both boys are really cute- so its hard for me to choose one over the other.
 

razerxs

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2017
Messages
396
Reaction score
740
Country
Galactic Republic
How well Black Clover older volumes are doing?
On Shoseki at least they're all still floating in the top 200. The boost already has the volume in the Gintama/Trigger range but it'd have to last a couple more weeks.
or maybe it's about Pingpong with superpowers
Kuroko no Pingpong
Sunday already did that with Takkoku!!!
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
there's Ushio to Tora author new manga and there's also the manga about a very old ninja
Birdmen and Saike are irregular serialization

There's also Soaring Quadrable and RYOKO but one is insta-cancellation and the other is on forever hiatus



or maybe it's about Pingpong with superpowers
Kuroko no Pingpong



man, could you imagine all the butthurt that would cause to all of the people that's desperately want a new battle manga?

speaking of which, I like Noah new look, his old white and black clothes were boring to look at




on the other hand, switch red with orange and this is just Hinata

Just chiming in to say that Birdmen is monthly, not irregular. Saike has also got a rhythm going --which is a volume's worth of chapters, and then a month off, but yeah it's basically classified as irregular.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
The best artists are the ones that post videos of them drawing. *-*
Contribute to this incredible artist buying the volume like he said in the video. :zomg

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top