Games Mafia Game 57 - Tokyo Ghoul: Rebirth - END GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,058
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Ending Credits
Thank You for Playing Mafia Game 57!


Player Actions Report

Politician - Farfalla > Force MonkeyD-Dragon to vote Demonspeed >> Success

Priority 1

Barkeeper - Kato756 > Invite TSPanda, Farfalla, Brandish > Brandish is redirected to Erinyes

Prostitute - MonkeyD-Dragon > Block SonOfDaws >> Success
Mafia Escort - goodboy_lawlett > Block GrySun >> Success


Priority 2

Sane Det - Erinyes > Investigate Farfalla >> Innocent
Insane Det - Purity of Magi > Investigate TSPanda >> Guilty
Paranoid Det - Qixus > Investigate GrySun > Guilty

Sane Doctor - SonOfDaws > Protect Farfalla > Blocked
Bodyguard - GrySun > Protect TSPanda >> Blocked


Priority 3

Recruiting Mason - gnut > Recruit Farfalla >> Success

Insane Doctor (killing) - Organizized > Kill TSPanda >> Coin flip failed >>> Dies before he can kill
Mafia Janitor - Lambu > Kill Organizized >> Organizized dies

Mafia Gambler - Brandish > Force desin24 to vote Purity of Magi >> Coin flip failed >>> desin24 can't be killed by the mafia on Night Two

Priority 1

Barkeeper - Kato756 > Invite TSPanda , Farfalla, Arjuna >> Farfalla reveals her role

Prostitute - MonkeyD-Dragon > Block Farfalla >> Success
Mafia Escort - goodboy_lawlett > Block Zasz >> Success


Priority 2

Sane Det - Erinyes > Investigate GrySun >> Innocent
Insane Det - Purity of Magi > Investigate GrySun >> Guilty
Paranoid Det - Qixus > Investigate SonOfDaws >> Guilty

Sane Doctor - SonOfDaws > Save TSPanda >> Success
Bodyguard - GrySun > Protect TSPanda >> Success


Priority 3

Mafia Pirate - Arjuna > Steal from GrySun >> Success

Recruiting Mason - gnut > Recruit TSPanda >> gnut dies

Mafia Janitor - Lambu > Kill SonOfDaws > SonOfDaws dies


Extra:

TSPanda passes the Non-Voter Disease to Erinyes

Priority 1

Prostitute - MonkeyD-Dragon > Block Lambu >> Coin flip won >>> Success
Mafia Escort - goodboy_lawlett > Block MonkeyD-Dragon >> Fails


Priority 2

Sane Det - Erinyes > Investigate TSPanda >> Innocent
Insane Det - Purity of Magi > Investigate Arjuna >> Innocent
Naive Det - Qixus > Investigate Arjuna >> Innocent

Bodyguard - Arjuna > Protect Purity of Magi >> Success


Priority 3

Mafia Janitor - Lambu > Kill Monkey D-Dragon >> Blocked


Extra:

Erinyes passes the Non-Voter Disease to Lambu

Priority 1

Prostitute - MonkeyD-Dragon > Block Lambu >> Success


Priority 2

Sane Det - Erinyes > Investigate MonkeyD-Dragon >> Innocent
Insane Det - Purity of Magi > Investigate Lambu >> Innocent
Naive Det - Qixus > Investigate Farfalla >> Innocent


Priority 3

Mafia Escort - goodboy_lawlett > Kill Farfalla >> Farfalla dies


Extra:

Lambu passes the Non-Voter Disease to TSPanda

Traitor - Holt > Duel Purity of Magi >> Coin flip won >>> Purity of Magi dies

Priority 1

Prostitute - MonkeyD-Dragon > Block Holt >> Success
Mafia Escort - goodboy_lawlett > Block Holt >> Recruited


Priority 2

Sane Det - Erinyes > Investigate desin24 >> Innocent

Santa Claus (temporary) - desin24 > Protect MonkeyD-Dragon >> Success


Priority 3

Mafia Boss - TSPanda >> GrySun >>> GrySun dies


Extra:

MonkeyD-Dragon protects himself with his Bulletproof Protection

TSPanda passes the Non-Voter Disease to Zasz

Player Roles

1. @goodboy_lawlett - Tsukiyama Mafia Escort
2. @Purity of Magi - Kanou Insane Detective
3. @SonOfDaws - Arima Sane Doctor
4. @Mazino - Yamori Restless Spirit
5. @Organizized - Owl Insane Doctor
6. @Brandish - Kaneki Mafia Gambler
7. @Kato756 - Ayato Bar Keeper
8. @Farfalla - Eto Politician > Mason >> Miller >>> Martyr
9. @Demonspeed - Touka Death Miller
10. @desin24 - Hinami Witch
11. @Lambu - Amon Mafia Janitor
12. @MonkeyD-Dragon - Nishiki Prostitute
13. @gnut - Furuta Recruiting Mason
14. @Zasz - Rize Bomb
15. @Holt - Yomo Traitor > Mafia Member
16. @TSPanda - Mutsuki Mafia Boss
17. @Erinyes - Akira Sane Detective
18. @Qixus - Saiko Paranoid Detective > Naive Detective
19. @Arjuna - Tatara Mafia Pirate > Bodyguard
20. @GrySun - Shirazu Bodyguard > Regular Townie >> Martyr

​

​
Tarot Card Triggers
1. Sane Detective
The Tower​

- 3+ dead players have their role hidden by the Janitor: gets a single use of the Investigator's ability.
- 3+ townies are lynched: won't be able to vote on the next day.

2. Insane Detective
The Sun​

- A player he investigates is killed on the same night: immediately gets to know the actions that were used on that player like a Mortician.
- 3+ townies are lynched: needs to win a coin flip every time he tries to investigate someone or his target will be randomized.

3. Paranoid Detective
The Wheel of Fortune​

- The Sane Detective and the Insane Detective are both dead: turns into a Sane Detective, with a retroactive effect on his previous investigations.
- A player he investigates is killed on the same night: unknowingly turns into a Naive Detective.

4. Sane Doctor
The Moon​

- Successfully saves a townie from death: his protection won't work on mafia members anymore.
- Successfully saves a mafia member from death: won't be able to save anyone else until that same mafia member is dead.

5. Insane Doctor
The Chariot​

- Kills a townie: 50% fail chance to protect or kill someone at night (turns into "Unskilled" Insane Doc).
- Kills a mafia: loses the ability to protect and can only kill at night (turns into a "Townie" Serial Killer).

6. Bodyguard
The Stars​

- 3+ townie targets: he will be confirmed as a townie on the second next Day Phase (like an Innocent Child).
- 2+ mafia targets: unknowingly turns into a Hider.

7. Prostitute
Justice​

- 1+ mafia action blocked: gets a temporary Bulletproof protection to use on herself for one night.
- 3+ townie townie actions blocked: she gets automatically redirected to a random target whenever she tries to block a player.

8. Barkeeper
The Magician​

- Every time a drunk mafia reveals his role: also reveals the activation conditions and effects of that player's Tarot abilities.
- Every time a drunk townie's ability which would have produced a meaningful result gets blocked or redirected to a useless or harmful target: he won't be able to use his ability on the next night.

9. Politician
The Emperor​

- 3+ force someone to vote for a mafia member: becomes a Prosecutor.
- 3+ force someone to vote for a townie: 50% fail chance to corrupt a vote (like a Mafia Gambler).

10. Bomb
The Lovers​

- Still alive at the start of Day 5: will blow up the next mafia who targets him with any night action (that isn't a defusing).
- 2+ successfully targeted with a night action before the end of Night 4: will blow up the next mafia or townie who targets him with any night action (that isn't a defusing).

11. Witch
The Empress​

- Still alive at the start of Day 5: she will obtain a temporary Santa Claus present she can only give on the next night, containing a single-use Bulletproof protection for the same night (could have just said she gets a single-use Sane Doctor's ability...).
- Less than 50% of the votes that lead to the Witch getting lynched come from mafia members: her ability will take place one night earlier if her target is a townie or one night later if her victim is a mafia member.

12. Restless Spirit
The Devil​

- Killed by a townie or lynched: his ability will count for two votes instead of one.
- Dies and votes for a mafia member who gets lynched on the same day: he will come back to life as a Regular Townie at the start of the next Day Phase.

13. Recruiting Mason
Death​

- 3+ Regular Masons alive at the same time: becomes a Kamikaze Bomb with the timer set to zero.
- 1+ Mason dies: 50% fail chance to recruit another player (turns into "Unskilled" Recruiting Mason).

14. Death Miller
The Hanged Man​

- Investigated by a Detective: 50% chance to kill anyone who targets him with any night action until he kills someone (like an "Unskilled" Paranoid Gun Owner).
- Kill a townie with the unlocked ability: won't be able to vote on the next day.

15. Traitor
The Hierophant​

- Not recruited by the start of Day 4: can duel a player like a Badass Cowboy once with a 50% chance to kill or be killed. The duel is secret and only the dead duelist is revealed. Loses the chance to use the ability is he gets recruited.
- Recruited 3 or less other mafia members alive: gets a single use of the role of one of the dead mafia members. If he chooses the Pirate, he can only choose the role he died with (so either Pirate if he hadn't stolen anything, or the role the Pirate had stolen).


16. Mafia Boss
Temperance​

- Investigated by a Detective: can infect someone with a Non-Voter Disease which will be passed around for the rest of the game, but can only do it on the following night.
- Survived a Day phase with 4+ non-penalty votes on him: the only targets available to be mafia-killed for the following night will be those who voted for him.

17. Mafia Escort
Judgement​

- 3+ townie actions blocked: all her next blocks will also reveal the target of the player she blocks (like a Spy).
- 2+ blocks on townies who didn't use any action: 50% fail chance to block someone again turns into "Unskilled" Mafia Escort).

18. Mafia Janitor
The Hermit​

- 3+ townies killed by the Janitor: gets a single use of a Strongman's ability.
- Gets lynched: also reveals all the targets of his teammates' actions, but neither the actions themselves nor the night or day phase when they were performed.

19. Mafia Gambler
The High Priestess​

- 3+ successful gambles: automatically win the coin flip to use his ability (like a Politician).
- Every time a mafia member is lynched: won't be able to gamble on the next day.

20. Mafia Pirate
Strength​

- Steal a passive role: gets a single use of a Bomb Defuser's ability.
- Remains as the last member of his mafia: gets a single use of an Assassin's ability.


21. Regular Townie
The World​

- 1+ mafia gets lynched after the player became a Regular Townie: gains the role of Martyr.
- 2+ townies get lynched after the player became a Regular Townie: unknowingly becomes a Miller.


0. Regular Mason
The Fool​

- 2+ mafia members get lynched after the player became a Regular Mason: becomes a Martyr.
- Loses an active role by being recruited: unknowingly becomes a Miller.



Thanks to Vandred for Cohosting and contributing largely to the soon to be infamous Tarot Card System.
Thanks to Farfalla for designing our Avatars.
Thanks to everybody for playing the game and making things interesting

MVP: Panda who came up with literal code talk. BAMF.

​
 
Last edited by a moderator:

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,600
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Damn, Im sorry Panda, damn the gender bending nature of the internet please :xp



I didn't target anyone N1 because I didn't have anyone to protect, I wouldn't use my power randomly when I dont have any leads on who could get targetted, its also a matter of staying under the radar. I know you might say I should have used it anyway but I judged it was better to not use my power unless it really is necessary (the tarot thing was one of the reasons)

About my card triggering at the end of N3 I think its pretty obvious, the night I protected Erin must have been the trigger and not the one when I chose Kato, why would I get the effect before making the action? I dont see the wrong there.
It‘s not your fault since Panda has his forum gender set to female for meme reasons probably.
The tarots were explained as something good when you help your team, not sure how the tarots made you not try to help someone that night. I also don‘t think you stay any less under the radar if you use a rolel nobody but a townie Spy can detect it.

But that‘s the problem. You can only be informed of a tarot triggering at the end of day phase. So you can only be lying if you say that you were informed at the end of night 3. Oh Lambu..
 

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 17, 2012
Messages
7,072
Reaction score
5,797
Country
Marine Headquarters
I'm back, but I'm extremely tired, so can a kind soul give me a summary pretty please? :blush
 

Lawl Po Bia

The OMO King
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2010
Messages
11,478
Reaction score
14,406
Country
Japan
arjuna is a mafia going down, quxus is doing her best trying to protect him, lambu is writing dodgy info about tarots. Panda is in his re0read modo. vote for arjun btw
 

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
Each Tarot has an Upright and a Reverse effect which get triggered by the player performing or being subject to certain actions. The effect that you receive will depend on your Karma. If you hinder your team, you will receive a Reverse Effect punishment, and likewise if you help your team through your actions, you will receive the Upright Effect reward.
Every player can unlock both effects, even on the same Day or Night Phase. The activation condition for the effects of some Tarots are mutually exclusive, but if they're not and you unlock both, they will work at the same time.
With a few exceptions, you will be informed of a Tarot Effect's activation at the end of Day Phases, but not necessarily about what the effect is. You may also be given a clue as to what the effect is.
^This are from the very first post of WYIS

Why do you say Tarot effects can only activate at the end of Day phases? It doesn't make sense, I cannot use my ability at day.
And one reason for what I said, that I didn't want to be reckless with my targetting, was because I figured out that targetting a mafia or a third party could activate the reverse effect and hinder me.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Oh by the way, this is for @GrySun ^
 

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 17, 2012
Messages
7,072
Reaction score
5,797
Country
Marine Headquarters
Sure no problem! They decided you will get lynched tomorrow. So can you defend yourself and explain why you shouldn't be lynched tomorrow?
Because I'm better at trolling than you? :kappa
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,600
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
^This are from the very first post of WYIS

Why do you say Tarot effects can only activate at the end of Day phases? It doesn't make sense, I cannot use my ability at day.
And one reason for what I said, that I didn't want to be reckless with my targetting, was because I figured out that targetting a mafia or a third party could activate the reverse effect and hinder me.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Oh by the way, this is for @GrySun ^
They can activate whenever, but you only get informed by the hosts at the end of day. That‘s said in your 3rd quote, and Spirit confirmed it somewhere that it works this way.
 

desin24

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2013
Messages
1,415
Reaction score
5,425
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Austria
I wouldn't mind sacrificing myself in order to bring down a mafia who had the great idea of lynching me. :kappa
Go get revenge for all your meme deaths in past games

:arro
 

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
They can activate whenever, but you only get informed by the hosts at the end of day. That‘s said in your 3rd quote, and Spirit confirmed it somewhere that it works this way.
Man please, read.

With a few exceptions, you will be informed of a Tarot Effect's activation at the end of Day Phases, but not necessarily about what the effect is. You may also be given a clue as to what the effect is.
Every player can unlock both effects, even on the same Day or Night Phase. The activation condition for the effects of some Tarots are mutually exclusive, but if they're not and you unlock both, they will work at the same time.
I think you mean this one

But that's not possible, the rules say you always get the PM with the tarot effect change once the day ends. Is this something we can ask the hosts about for confirmation?
^
If you fullfill the criteria for any card effect, you will be notified at the end of that day phase.
That is in the case you fulfill the requirements in that Day Phase, you are assuming it can only happen at the end of Day when its said its not like that.

Anyway you believe what you want, I can prove it tonight anyway, unless I die by janitor of course, oh well.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,600
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Man please, read.





I think you mean this one


^


That is in the case you fulfill the requirements in that Day Phase, you are assuming it can only happen at the end of Day when its said its not like that.

Anyway you believe what you want, I can prove it tonight anyway, unless I die by janitor of course, oh well.
There’s some cryptic double-meanings in the special rules, I‘ll give you that. I never unlocked any effects to know what it‘s like, but I don‘t think you can be notified at night about the role and that‘s how I understand the rules.
I or lawl could try protecting you I suppose while you protect both of us and Monkey blocks someone else, but then someone else will probably die to Janitor while you‘re not blocked eh? It‘s something to consider, but Monkey may block you again making the attempt pointless.
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,614
Gender
Female
Country
China
i might need to re-read the whole rahulina cornered thing
I’m a beautiful 12 year old boy girl

Host basically confirms you‘re lying. Can you not see the big problem with your claim? Retell everything you did, you‘ll probably notice it.

1. Killing you seems to prove more things than killing Lambu

2. You can, but using Arjun is infinitely better since he‘s screwed and going down anyway, as opposed to using another buddy and risking him confirming your claim. This is a lot more efficient.

3. I gave many reasons as to why I believe she‘s not lying. I gave you so much benefit of the doubt but with hosts confirming your lie it‘s basically over for you.
0.

With a few exceptions, you will be informed of a Tarot Effect's activation at the end of Day Phases, but not necessarily about what the effect is.
I don’t get it, there’s seriously no problem with my claim. Host didn’t say I was lying, host simply paraphrased his own rules incorrectly or didn't follow his own rules to the letter. I submit my night action, get result back, get informed of my effect, new day begins.

1. It would at best prove I’m a townie, at worst that you’re too stubborn to consider dead player roles

2. That’s pretty interesting, but if he’s gonna die anyway, the credibility of anything concerning him evaporates. If my goal was escaping, I’d have picked something else than spy altogether. If my goal was confusion, I’d have used another name than Arjun. But since my goal was honesty, I simply told you what I found out

3. No, you didn’t give a reason. You assumed what she said was so farfetcheda (get it? farfalla, far fetched?), that she must be speaking truth.

At the very least, I insist the janitor is killed before I am. If there’s no doctor that could have killed me, go ahead, kill me.

Town would believe monkey is a slut tho, I wouldn't call it nothing. But if lambu is mafia isn't panda def not mafia? Wasn't lambu on his ass whole day throughout yesterday?
Yeah I haven’t forgotten the stupid reasoning either, and I'm supporting Monkey.

Really makes me wonder why we have so few kills but wouldn‘t even surprise me if there‘s 2 mafia, because Lambu, Panda, Arjun, Brandish and Demon are all without real connections between them.
The connection is that Panda hunted 3 of them and Lambu tried to avoid it by attacking me randomly lol

Pretty sure Arjurna is innocent.

Im pretty sure Grysun is who you guys want...


We already lynched one townie, are we really gonna lynch another????
On one hand, it’s hard to believe that Arjun is anything else but mafia

On the other hand, no reason Gry can’t be mafia with him at this point.

Keep in mind, Gry and Farf both supported the miller theory, so if you think about it, we only killed Brandish for sure.

I'm not saying my role is important.

I'm just saying I don't want to give it out unless its absolutely necessary-- Nobody has voted for me, I'm not in immenent danger at the moment.

Furthermore- We did lynch a townie earlier, I would very much like to avoid doing so again.
You don’t want to claim anything before the janitor dies? heh

Panda gave up for sure after he was cornered. He should be the ideal lynch for next day. I doubt I will survive to day 5 myself to do more stuff.
I fight and win, fight and lose but I don't just quit.

Also, out of all the turnabouts we've had so far, this is actually the least problematic one.

Seriously, the rules don't disprove my claim at all and you're conveniently ignoring the janitor kills because why not.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top