Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Ill never forget when they got Haikyuu!! character names wrong on panels, like the series was done by people who had never read a chapter before, just plain awful
I speak from personal experience, when they pick something up in the middle because it's popular their translators often actually haven't read the series before.
 

Sir Isley

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2012
Messages
189
Reaction score
130
Gender
Male
Country
United States
They seem to pick up based on whether there's a translator in their group that likes it.
They picked up Demon's Plan immediately as well as Neverland, which are both from rookies
More like whatever can get those ad views.
 

AllEyez

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2017
Messages
80
Reaction score
11
Age
32
Country
Mariejoa
Jump Manga 1st Popularity Poll # of Votes:
Naruto  72733
Mr. Fullswing 57231
Bleach    39618
Hunter x Hunter  37648
One Piece  36000
Soul Catcher(S)  35000
Shaman King 31949
Rising Impact 29658
Prince of Tennis  29466
D.Gray-man   27033
Haikyuu   26370
Kimetsu no Yaiba 26105 (New System) ←New!
World Trigger  25981
To LOVE-Ru  25076
Buso Renkin  20910
Reborn  18655
Nisekoi  17759
Beelzebub  16555
Kuroko no Basket 14973
NuraMago  14702
Toriko 14000~
Muhyo & Roji  13801
HeroAca 11125(New System)
Psyren  11055
Yuragi  10659(New System)
Pretty Face 10034
Mieru Hito  10031
Black Clover 9825 (New System)
Hokenshitsu no Shinigami   9668
Souma   8225
Sket Dance   8176
Magico  5950
Sesuji  5225(New System)
Samon   5024(New System)
Medaka Box  4807
Kurogane 3907
AssClass   2598(New System)
Enigma unknown
this based on popularity? this Japanese voters?
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
this based on popularity? this Japanese voters?
It's just how many votes manga from WSJ got for their first popularity poll, from most to least.
 

IHateAsta

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2016
Messages
81
Reaction score
60
Age
30
Country
United Arab Emirates
Damn , seeing these old TOCs, Houshin Engi was quite popular! Can't wait for the Anime
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Not sure how I feel about another sports series when the current 4 are very solid, though Shudan will probably get cancelled. Regardless, it has quite the challenge ahead of it. Ping Pong Is interesting when done well.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
A girl on the cover huh. I wonder if she's a love interest or a rival character. I don't think a female rival character would be well received in Jump.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
I actually really like that art. Hope it's good.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Just saw this on Twitter, I think Smash Borders is getting discontinued.
 

Mr.Fujimaster

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2017
Messages
437
Reaction score
304
Country
Brazil
The cover is cool.
The manga looks promising.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
2018 has even more hype potential then this fall season with all the mainstream titles running anime, Jump and Shueisha are gonna have major competition. MHA will be back along with this Soul Hunter remake, BC and Food Wars will still be running for a good amount into the new year and TG is coming too. Obviously, you have your OP/Boruto/DBS long runners. But WSM and Kodansha have their top 3 sellers from the first half of 2017 running animes next year so to think this fall season have 3 popular titles (BC, Gintama, Food Wars) next year it's gonna be even crazier. By then the viewers should have a grip on BC as well as its ratings, if they extend it past 51 it could be ongoing when MHA runs which is better business for them.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,076
Reaction score
6,934
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Just saw this on Twitter, I think Smash Borders is getting discontinued.
Continues the tradition of most phone games not lasting even two years.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I hate smartphones games and don't use them much so I don't get this stuff

what's the meaning of it will be discontinued? there will be no new updates? or it will just stop working?

and what will happen to the already installed game then? will it just get deleted or something?
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,076
Reaction score
6,934
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I hate smartphones games and don't use them much so I don't get this stuff

what's the meaning of it will be discontinued? there will be no new updates? or it will just stop working?

and what will happen to the already installed game then? will it just get deleted or something?
It would become unplayable since it would not be able to connect to a server anymore.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
so you can't even play offline against cpu? that sucks
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
From what I heard, I thought the mobile game was doing well. I hope this doesn't mean worse news for World Trigger.
 

Roacher

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2017
Messages
116
Reaction score
138
Country
Poland
A girl on the cover huh. I wonder if she's a love interest or a rival character. I don't think a female rival character would be well received in Jump.
I don't think a female rival and love interest character would be well received by fujoshi.

I fell sorry for them. All or most sport manga run in shonen, seinen magazines so ofcourse male taste take priority. I thought after yuri on ice there will be more pandering to them but I was wrong.

http://www.someanithing.com/1
Yuuri!!! On Ice
Kuroko no Basuke
Haikyuu!!
Diffrence in dvd/blu-ray sell is significant. I'm curious how this would look if yoi was manga not original anime and we would be comparing manga volume sell.

I'm also curious why they run so little sport manga in shoujo, josei magazines becouse then creator could pander to fangirl more? Sombody know anserw?

Sorry for bad english.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Shounen sports series typically have cool looking male characters with hot blooded, intense, passionate rivalries. Fujos like to attribute a false sense of homoerotic tension to those things. There's not much "hot-blooded" themes in should manga. The female audience for shounen sports manga and should/josei manga are different.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top