Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Any previews for next issue?
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Judging from skills I thought him to be much younger. Probably went to some non-arts university or something then.
he have been trying to break into the magazine since 2011 when he was 17, so I doubt he would go to anything but an art school


his oneshot
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Full Drive thought
oh noey not another Tsundere.

:hiWill probably sell because of that lol.
 

Silverblade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2007
Messages
999
Reaction score
595
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
he have been trying to break into the magazine since 2011 when he was 17, so I doubt he would go to anything but an art school
Doubtful. He doesn't have any strong basics of an art school.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Doubtful. He doesn't have any strong basics of an art school.
Full Drive art was much better than expected considering how shit those previews looked. Was visually pleasing. Also stolen Kuroko formula confirmed? “Golden Generation” lol. Im more excited about this than I was before at least.
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
After skimming through Full Drive, it's easy to ascertain RxL recent developments. Full Drive is going to be a transformative manga for Jump.

"I know the most talented mangaka. They are ruthless and miserable people, you wouldn't even want to have them over for dinner. I know people you've never heard of--that are better than all of them,"
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
After skimming through Full Drive, it's easy to ascertain RxL recent developments. Full Drive is going to be a transformative manga for Jump.

"I know the most talented mangaka. They are ruthless and miserable people, you wouldn't even want to have them over for dinner. I know people you've never heard of--that are better than all of them,"
Lol
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Reminder that the next One Piece begins next week.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
You guys think that Fujimaki skipped the high school years so that the manga wouldn't follow the cliche formula of high school sports manga? You know, the whole lose the first tournament, cry about it, then train and come back during the next one and win (like Kuroko and maybe Haikyuu).
 

CEOAmaterasu

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2014
Messages
271
Reaction score
492
Country
Canada
Change in editor for Soma (Is the manga finally gonna pick up the pace)

 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Really pixelated pictures.
Rest of Kimetsu results:

Aw, was hoping for a top 10 color page than a top 5.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Change in editor for Soma (Is the manga finally gonna pick up the pace)

The anime boost seems pretty abysmal. I think it's gonna end soon.
 

DyanSon

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2017
Messages
367
Reaction score
134
Age
29
Country
Philippines
Aw, was hoping for a top 10 color page than a top 5.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

The anime boost seems pretty abysmal. I think it's gonna end soon.
You can say the same about Black Clover.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
You can say the same about Black Clover.
BC's backlogs are better though and it's a newer series it still has some potential even if it's nothing huge. SnS already reached it's peak and sales/rankings have been declining.

An editor change isn't going to save it from cancellation. By "soon" I mean within a year's time or slightly more so I use it very loosely.
 

DyanSon

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2017
Messages
367
Reaction score
134
Age
29
Country
Philippines
Dunno. I'm worried about BC right now.
 

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
BC's backlogs are better though and it's a newer series it still has some potential even if it's nothing huge. SnS already reached it's peak and sales/rankings have been declining.

An editor change isn't going to save it from cancellation. By "soon" I mean within a year's time or slightly more so I use it very loosely.
Soma is still the fifth best selling series in Jump despite the declining sales. While the editor change might help , it might possibly still stay as is in terms of quality as I've come to see in recent years that editors recently have a tendency to let anything and everything through. Even if the mangaka's vision is given priority, they should still be able to put their foot down when the manga seems like its going to go off the rails but recently, there is a trend to almost sit back and let this happen. Even so, Soma possibly still has at least two more years given that it's still currently an overall middle ranker.

Black Clover also seems to be getting better storywise though the anime boost is still to early to tell. Its only been 3 episodes out of 51 that have aired. We have to see how the next two volumes perform in order to get a read on how much its grown. Its only after that we can speculate how long the series has left.
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I recall Toriko getting a new editor not that long before it was rushed to conclusion. >_>
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
golem hearts can prosper off the prospect of its worldbuilding and likeable mcs. romance dawn feeling, but I also got Wind Waker vibes with the sea, male/female traveling and mascot character
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,078
Reaction score
6,935
Gender
Male
Country
United States
golem hearts can prosper off the prospect of its worldbuilding and likeable mcs. romance dawn feeling, but I also got Wind Waker vibes with the sea, male/female traveling and mascot character
Didnt the last one piece knockoff do pretty badly and fade into obscurity.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top