Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Hey man, at least Vanessa's cat familiar is cute.
 

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
I hope Yaiba does surpass it before an anime arrives.

Does that have to do with it's timeslot or does the Japanese share the same views as us for the BC anime? (filler & Asta's annoying voice). Did anyone post BC TV ratings here yet? This may end up just being only 51 episodes if it stays this bad.

I never really liked Soma with Azami arcs and I noticed that too, Neverland is on a roll.
This timeslot is geared entirely towards kids. You cannot expect working adults and even highschoolers to sit down and watch anime on TV Tokyo on Tuesday evenings at 6:30PM when they have either just gotten home, are on their way home, are at their afterschool clubs or are watching news or simply doing something else. Gundam Build Fighters aired at 6 PM monday evenings on TV tokyo and it had ratings in the 1% range with the occasional 2%. This is normal for this time. However, Build Fighters was still considered to be a success. There is no data suggesting this timeslot cannot give it a massive boost. However as of now in Japan, a lot of people are on the wait and see basis. They know what to expect even if they haven't read the manga but some people like those kinds of events and watch it. There is a considerable amount of people that feel its too slow and the voice is annoying but for now, its at best lukewarm.
 

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
that's what his assistant the author of Saguri-chan on Jump Plus do, he takes a break every 4 weeks

Saguri-chan however have a double spread color pages in every single chapter, so it's understandable why he need breaks
That makes sense. I really love Saguri-chan by the way, the artwork is stunning with those color pages. The one-shot was really good as well, so I hope someone will pick up the series for translation.

Glad to see WNL getting a cover, but Yuuna should be a couple spots higher in my opinion.
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Am I imagining things or is this the longest continuous Jump thread ever on this site? I feel like normally the threads get broken up into "Part 1" or "Part 2" long before they hit 700 pages. I kinda prefer it this way but definitely feel like the thread page-limit has changed.
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Am I imagining things or is this the longest continuous Jump thread ever on this site? I feel like normally the threads get broken up into "Part 1" or "Part 2" long before they hit 700 pages. I kinda prefer it this way but definitely feel like the thread page-limit has changed.
I kind of forgot it doesn't do that automatically and by the time I remembered it was late enough into the year that I figured may as well keep it going until someone questions it.
I do have it set to show more posts per page though so it's not quite up to 700 for me.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
with how much people care about tv ratings I surprised there isn't a thread for it on the Anime and Drama subforums

just think of how much traffic it will generate for this site

I'm only interested in keeping that stuff away from this thread since i don't care and I don't want to read it :ninja
 
Last edited by a moderator:

De La Croissant

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
804
Reaction score
668
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
The guy who made Golem Hearts did something else?
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
A friend of mine was commenting on this situation on an anime reddit:
"You know, I at least give Pierrot and Toei credit for trying to put anime-original content. I may end up hating My Hero Academia because much like JoJo, it's a copy of the manga, which means: Villains don't get development, side characters don't get development, nothing gets development the way they should. Nothing changes because stupid fans and bullshit. I don't care about fans, Can any JoJo anime be called adaptation when they're just copies of the source material, and if I wanna read the same story I go to the manga and that's it? You want an actual adaptation? Shokugeki no Soma season 2 it's where it's at. It went to the point of the tournament without bogging it down by unnecessary build up. If it was all faithful adaptation, it would be a half-boring tournament. I like the loose adaptations the better. That's why I don't like modern anime, they're pointless copies of sources just to promote sources, that's why they never end"
What a contradiction if I've ever seen one. Jojo and MHA are bad because they copy the manga (MHA had multiple extras in almost every episode for S2 + Froppy's ep which was great. Even Jojo part 4 cut out quite a lot IIRC), but Shokugeki 2 is good for cutting out a ton? Make up your mind, do you want more developement or less?! You bash these series for having too little when Shokugeki 2 is considerably worse than either in that regard...

>"Modern anime never end"
Sure you didn't get that backwards? Yeh, because a series getting milked for hundreds of episodes like almost every anime pre 2000s is totally coming to a reasonably quick end...

As I ask you every time you bring up this topic, what series would you consider have done this filler/extra content/adaption aspect well? You've yet to provide any examples despite bringing this up way too many times. Almost every series that tries this ends up considerably worse which is why no one wants more of them.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

Avok

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2015
Messages
477
Reaction score
363
Gender
Male
Country
Avatar
If Golem Hearts gets cancelled we riot like never before. That would be an offense on the level of Golazo's cancellation, perhaps even bigger.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Count me in on this riot. I have my hopes that Golem Hearts will be the savior that Jump needs. New One Piece here to save us all.
I don't really believe this, I just want more battle manga.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
If it's not post-apocalyptic world Jump readers won't like it.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Post Apocalypse world didnt save Iron Knight
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
If it gets canceled I'll do two things: 1). never purposely get hyped for a battle shonen again with this kind of potential 2). go on a GIA-tier rant with wallposts of contradictory statements and spamming the phrase "venerate veterans" as humanly possible.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It depends on how good it is. If it sucks id just be disappointed and move on.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Yeah thats basically how it is. I'm not expecting it to be great, but I really hope it is. We haven't had a majorly successful rookie in a while.
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
If it gets canceled I'll do two things: 1). never purposely get hyped for a battle shonen again with this kind of potential
I've been in this thread for a long time. Either you or others will still get unnecessarily hype for almost any battle manga forever and, as far as I'm concerned, that's probably ok, enjoy yourself lol

*has Vietnam-style flashbacks of the Akaboshi hype from 2009*
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I've been in this thread for a long time. Either you or others will still get unnecessarily hype for almost any battle manga forever and, as far as I'm concerned, that's probably ok, enjoy yourself lol

*has Vietnam-style flashbacks of the Akaboshi hype from 2009*
I haven't outgrown battle shonen yet
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top