Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
World Trigger had two oneshots, right? I mean technically part 1 & 2 but still two total. Though I think it was called Trigger Keeper and was back in 2009 pre-Rilienthal.
You're actually still right regardless of it being two parts, there was the Trigger Keeper oneshot and the Elite Agent Jin one.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
"It could be complete shit and flop" could be applied to any upcoming film, tv show, book, video game, ect. Doesn't mean people can't be excited for it
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
you think an ecchi manga can outsell 1 of the 3 current pillars OP, Hq, MHA?
Okay maybe not Yuragi or even Yaiba but definitely TPN.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Also his three oneshots were Iron Curtain, Goblin Night, and Iron Knight. Makes you think.
What is this, some kind of anti-communist propaganda?
But seriously, what were they about?
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Why do some people have this attitude of "heheheh I'm gonna laugh so hard when this manga gets canceled and these guys get disappointed and upset hehe"?
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Nobody is saying it's the next big thing and if they are saying it they know it has a chance of being trash and getting canceled just like the other series you pointed out. Nothing wrong with hoping for the opposite lol, especially as a fan of battle shonen like myself, I just want more adventurous stuff to read on Fridays along with One Piece. Not rocket science.
"It could be complete shit and flop" could be applied to any upcoming film, tv show, book, video game, ect. Doesn't mean people can't be excited for it
you say you know the possibility of it not meeting your expectations and you're excited but cautious but do you? are you really?

this entire thread have been "Golem Hearts this "and "Golem Hearts that" for a month now so I'm wondering

hmmmmm

Why do some people have this attitude of "heheheh I'm gonna laugh so hard when this manga gets canceled and these guys get disappointed and upset hehe"?
we are all sad miserable people and we want other people to be sad and miserable like us because there is comfort in company

also you get to tell people I told you so and look smart/obnoxious
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
you say you know the possibility of it not meeting your expectations and you're excited but cautious but do you? are you really?

this entire thread have been "Golem Hearts this "and "Golem Hearts that" for a month now so I'm wondering

hmmmmm



we are all sad miserable people and we want other people to be sad and miserable like us because there is comfort in company

also you get to tell people I told you so and look smart/obnoxious
Yeah for a month it's been "I really like this one shot and it just got a series, I hope it does well". What's the difference with this series and you rooting for other mangakas with One shots you liked to get series (mangaka of Fulldrive etc).

Yes I'm fully aware it can be bad and get canceled lol, and if it does then oh well sucks
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
you think an ecchi manga can outsell 1 of the 3 current pillars OP, Hq, MHA?
MHA has what 20 mil in circulation now?

20,000,000 million copies in circulation * 400 yen = 8000000000 yen convert to USD = 70,101,040 million

:derp so one jackpot lottery ticket should do it. ez boi.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
you say you know the possibility of it not meeting your expectations and you're excited but cautious but do you? are you really?

this entire thread have been "Golem Hearts this "and "Golem Hearts that" for a month now so I'm wondering

hmmmmm



we are all sad miserable people and we want other people to be sad and miserable like us because there is comfort in company

also you get to tell people I told you so and look smart/obnoxious
Most of the ppl looking forward to it are looking forward to it because they enjoyed the One Shot a lot.
Yes, there are examples of One Shots being good, but the series being terrible. That's the possibility with anything. A movie can be really good, but the sequel can suck. A video game could have a great demo. But the full game can be terrible.
There are also example of one shots being awesome and the series being awesome too.

Usually when ppl enjoy something, and find out that thing they enjoyed is getting more content, they look forward to the future of it.
Golem Hearts may be trash. And may get cancelled. But there's nothing wrong with liking the one shot, and being excited for the series based on that. Hoping that it'll be just as good or better
 

Mr.Fujimaster

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2017
Messages
437
Reaction score
304
Country
Brazil
And more importantly director/staff.

TPN/KnY/YnY potentially becoming pillars is really exciting tbh.
I think only TPN can become a pillar.
Kimetsu no Yaiba I'm still not sure if it will become a pillar.
Already Yuragi-sou can become Jump's best ecchi series, surpassing even To Love-Ru in sales.
But Yuragi becoming a pillar is almost impossible.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Yeah for a month it's been "I really like this one shot and it just got a series, I hope it does well". What's the difference with this series and you rooting for other mangakas with One shots you liked to get series (mangaka of Fulldrive etc).
my posts about authors are no where near as active/frequent/prominent as talks about GH have been
other than Ono can you remember others oneshots rookies I've shilled?

MHA has what 20 mil in circulation now?
no, I think the last time they updated in March(?) it was like 11 mil

it's probably 13 or 14 mill now

Most of the ppl looking forward to it are looking forward to it because they enjoyed the One Shot a lot.
Yes, there are examples of One Shots being good, but the series being terrible. That's the possibility with anything. A movie can be really good, but the sequel can suck. A video game could have a great demo. But the full game can be terrible.
There are also example of one shots being awesome and the series being awesome too.

Usually when ppl enjoy something, and find out that thing they enjoyed is getting more content, they look forward to the future of it.
Golem Hearts may be trash. And may get cancelled. But there's nothing wrong with liking the one shot, and being excited for the series based on that. Hoping that it'll be just as good or better
I'm not saying you shouldn't be excited or hyped, I get excited for every serialization round too

I'm saying the hype around this one have been the biggest I've recently seen although this isn't the first battle manga oneshot that people like and turned into a series

I'm not seeing what so special about the oneshot so in my eyes it's the fans the are overhyped
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
Gintama final popularity poll Top 10
Gintoki: 1st with 4636 votes
(Remained 1st from last poll)

His place is firm and unnomving as it should be --the perfect adornment as the protagonist of the seires!

Hijikata: 2nd with 2385 votes
(Remained 2nd from last poll)

A Vegeta like position that has a

Okita: 3rd with 1698 votes
(Remained 3rd from last poll)

Perhaps this is his favorite spot for aiming at Hijikata-san's back?!

Takasugi: 4th with 1572 votes
(Remained 4th from last poll)

His latest exploits in the main story have left quite an impression!

Kagura: 5th place with 1206 votes
(Up from 6th last poll)

Katsura: 6th place with 966 votes
(Down from 5th last poll)

Shinpachi: 7th place with 576 votes
(Up from 8th last poll)

Kamui: 8th place with 543 votes
(Down from 7th last poll)

Tsukuyo 9th with 465 votes
(Up from 12th last poll)

Tae 10th with 273 votes
(Up from 12th last poll)



Shinpachi's comment:

Waaaaait a second. I'm "seventh" this time around. It's the first time my rank has risen, y'know? Like frreal it was a brave fight on my part..
So why the hell do I feel as if everyone is saying "ah what a pity?"? Isn't this "too bad" atmopshere kinda weird?
Source: Bomber D Rufi/Sakaki
 

Caiops

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2015
Messages
803
Reaction score
519
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I don't think there's space for one more battle shounen series in Jump, all the kids are voting in Black Clover or One Piece.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,106
Reaction score
5,852
Age
33
Country
United States
I don't think there's space for one more battle shounen series in Jump, all the kids are voting in Black Clover or One Piece.
There's plenty of room for competition, and it's what Jump wants and needs.

In 1998 we had JoJo, Kenshin, Hoshin Engi, Takeshi, One Piece, Hunter x Hunter, and Shaman King all running together. Plus other really popular series of other genres.

2004 we had One Piece, Hunter x Hunter, Shaman King, Naruto, Black Cat, Bleach, Buso Renkin, Reborn, D. Gray Man, and Muhyo and Roji.

The best periods of Jump are always ones with lots of battle manga competition.

Right now having just One Piece, My Hero Academia, Black Clover, and Kimetsu no Yaiba aren't really quite scratching that weekly battle competition itch.

I want Shiibashi and Utsumi to come back soon.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I like Shiibashi, I have NuraMago in my shelf, but I think he already had a lot of chances in the past couple of years. I think he has to pair up with someone and be responsible with only the drawings.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,106
Reaction score
5,852
Age
33
Country
United States
I like Shiibashi, I have NuraMago in my shelf, but I think he already had a lot of chances in the past couple of years. I think he has to pair up with someone and be responsible with only the drawings.
Huh? His only series were NuraMago, Illegal Rare, and that Jump Giga miniseries. He's sure to have another shot.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Huh? His only series were NuraMago, Illegal Rare, and that Jump Giga miniseries. He's sure to have another shot.
It seemed to me much more than this, but anyway, my opinion doesn't change, he should pair up with someone.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
I think only TPN can become a pillar.
Kimetsu no Yaiba I'm still not sure if it will become a pillar.
Already Yuragi-sou can become Jump's best ecchi series, surpassing even To Love-Ru in sales.
But Yuragi becoming a pillar is almost impossible.
Yaiba can become one if the anime is a hit. It's gonna be really hard though but yea if anything TPN.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top