Hangout Akatsuki no Yona Hangout Thread

How do you prefer the Spoiler/Chapter thread set-up?

  • Different threads for each spoiler/chapter (current set up)

    Votes: 4 57.1%
  • 2 constant threads (1 for spoiler, 1 for chapter) to allow for continued discussion

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Other (suggest in thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    7

shinobi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
1,355
Reaction score
4,574
Country
Dragonstone
oh, there's a poll up there, I voted for the small arc in the palace and the fire tribe. I hope we move on from the wind tribe already.
 

@Aylinn

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2017
Messages
204
Reaction score
268
Country
Poland
Nice, I voted for a small arc in the palace where Su-won will need to deal with the fact that Yona revealed her identity and with the Fire tribe alarm.

I hope Kusanagi will use it as an opportunity to develop Kye-Sook. It would be nice to know his reasons to follow Su-won and to see events from his perspective.

I suppose Kai may quickly become an issue as well. I would not mind if Li-Hazara returned. He was one of the better villains, since as far as I remember he had some cunning and he was the only one with a long-term plan. Last time he along with Sujin underestimated Su-won, so it would be interesting to see what he would do now when he knows Su-won a bit better. I think he should be better prepared this time and that he has the potential to be a much better and a far greater challenge than Gobi.
 

shinobi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
1,355
Reaction score
4,574
Country
Dragonstone
I hope Kusanagi will use it as an opportunity to develop Kye-Sook. It would be nice to know his reasons to follow Su-won and to see events from his perspective.
I'm really looking forward to see more of Kye-sook, for me he's more interesting than the main characters right now, I hope his development would be carried out nicely, It would be really good if he wasn't made to be a complete villain, someone in this manga has to NOT be swayed by Yona, and for a good and acceptable reason at that, and I have my hopes up that Kye-sook is going to play that role.

I hope the story would take a direction where the manga characters don't know who to side with anymore, that they find right in both Yona's and Suwoon's visions, to make some characters suffer from their inner conflict between their loyalty and their reason, specially Hak, he's the main male character for god's sake, he should have a bigger presence than just to be Yona's loyal dog, yes he's freakin' strong and hansom and funny and all but all that does little to his character if he continues with the (YES MA'AM!!!) attitude till the end. I'd want to see, for once Hak refusing to go along with Yona's plan, or force her to change her mind on something, he was the wind tribe general after all, he should have more experience and better judgement than her in political issues, but we see nothing of that.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I settled on Fire Tribe and Wind Tribe. For these reasons:
  1. Wind Tribe: Yona and co. rest up, and we won't see much of this. Kye-Sook should be keeping an eye off them, and if that's the case I don't expect much from Yona's crew, so they'll stay there.
  2. Fire Tribe: I think this is Kye-Sook's first stop.
After that, to Soo-Won issues. That's the rough direction I see, and it could all be handled within a few chapters. Soo-Won may meet with Ogi to ask about Yona.

Kai is on the horizon, Soo-Won expects Li Hazara to make a move soon. So that's probably the next big arc, unless the internal mess(xD) of Kouka becomes a full fledged arc. Kai feels like endgame for AnY, it'll be interesting to see what dynamic Yona-Hak/Soo-Won have by that time.
 

SamuelDean

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2017
Messages
253
Reaction score
175
Country
Dragonstone
I voted for Kai...I am really curious...about the rulers there...Zeno insinuated in the past that there might be similar circumstances to Kouka
and for the Fire Tribe: It would be interesting, if Keishuk would come into play too...Also Kyoga s point of view concerning Yona....He is very influenced by the tales of King Hiryuu...on the other hand...Soo Won spared the life of his family and he seems to be genuinely loyal to him.
Since he is not completely on Yona s side now, this is rather interesting.
I really hope for a similar outcome like shinobi...that not everybody bows down to Yona. I think that she did achieve great goals...but the praise she gets is a little bit too much for the actual work Yona has accomplished.
 
Last edited:

Beleth

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2015
Messages
68
Reaction score
55
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Yona does praise people a lot actually. She praises the dragons all the time, and she also praised Tae-Jun and Lily. And she praises mommy Yoon too. She also isn't the type of person who feels like taking credit for all accomplishments, she is just that the face of the group. I don't know why she needs to surpass Soo-Won as a ruler - because she doesn't want to be one anyway. According to me she is already a better person, and emotionally stronger and more empathetic than Soo-Won. After all, Soo-Won wasn't able to get rid of his feelings of revenge, whereas Yona doesn't even think about revenge anymore, and only looks ahead. As someone who likes Yona, I think that's enough for me. Someone like Yona who cares for all of humanity is not suited as a Queen of one country and doesn't need to be one.
It's because I consider Yona "Thank you" to others is mere thankful word, not a praise. Praising is more than that, mostly speech includes more elaboration on efforts a character has done for whom and consequence of his actions.
I don't argue that Yona contributed the helps so they all become in peace. Yona deserves to be prasied, but the writer lacks to portray other way around to show Yona highly appreciates others as well, very deep into her heart. I don't know, I can see the difference between Tao appreciates Yona and Yona favors Tao? Both Yona and Tao can risk their lives for each other. Then I consider them "EQUAL". The manga seems to put much praise of Tao to Yona, while I don't see Yona admires Tao for her peace talk idea and her acceptance to have Xing become the vassal state under Kouka so. I just wish to see one window having Yona convey her appreciation toward Tao. ... Again, I wonder if we don't have Tao, how can Yona save Kouka without wars tho? In my view, Tao is more important than Yona in this arc since it can be someone else to help Xing, not Yona, to travel and reach Suwon for negotiation.

Ah I now think the problem may be Yona no-mood face when she says thank you? Her face does not seem serious into it, compared to Tao, Lili, Taejun emotions when they praise her. (Would appreciate if I can see an example of recent arcs when Yona's emotion become serious when she praises someone in normal state please. I wanna change my attitude about this. ^^)

About Suwon and Yona. We still do not know the fact behind Suwon actions. Who knows whether Suwon reveals his true emotions and the reason to assassinate King Il. Also we don't see the case that Yona have to pick one she loves over another one yet. It would be interesting if she will really face an extremely difficult circumstance that forces her to choose one and only one between Hak, Dragons and Kouka citizen, who will she go with? In Suwon case, citizen come first and Kouka nation is his top priority. He cut all his precious friend ties and went on this cruel route in order to lead the kingdom for a greater good. So, his empathetic emotion is alike Yona's.

As of this arc, I don't want to say that she picked Xing over Kouka from her fire tribe signal mess. I know, in her situation, she doesn't have much experience and lack of information about Kai - Kouka relationship. If to blame, should go to TaeJun as at least he's in fire tribe all his life, how come did he underestimate the situation and the risk....:notrust
 

shinobi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
1,355
Reaction score
4,574
Country
Dragonstone
I'm most interested in how Suwoon is going to deal with the Fire tribe, It's not a small thing what they did, can this be considered as some sort of betrayal? They tried to fool the King they're supposed to be loyal for, taking orders from someone else, no matter who or how fond of him/her they were deserves sever punishment. The same goes for the Wind tribe actually but Suwoon doesn't expect much from the Wind tribe to start with, so their actions don't surprise him, they're also Located next to Xing so he doesn't need to worry about them for a while, but the Fire tribe are bordering the Kai empire, so he cannot afford them playing tricks on him.
 

SamuelDean

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2017
Messages
253
Reaction score
175
Country
Dragonstone
I'm most interested in how Suwoon is going to deal with the Fire tribe, It's not a small thing what they did, can this be considered as some sort of betrayal? They tried to fool the King they're supposed to be loyal for, taking orders from someone else, no matter who or how fond of him/her they were deserves sever punishment. The same goes for the Wind tribe actually but Suwoon doesn't expect much from the Wind tribe to start with, so their actions don't surprise him, they're also Located next to Xing so he doesn't need to worry about them for a while, but the Fire tribe are bordering the Kai empire, so he cannot afford them playing tricks on him.
The problem is that Soo Won will lose face, if he ignores the disobedience of the Fire Tribe. A lot of soldiers were present, when Yona more or less admitted that she influenced them.
 

shinobi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
1,355
Reaction score
4,574
Country
Dragonstone
The problem is that Soo Won will lose face, if he ignores the disobedience of the Fire Tribe. A lot of soldiers were present, when Yona more or less admitted that she influenced them.
It's not only because he'll lose face, this situation was really dangerous, and it could have been much worse for Kouka had the author decided to make things worse for Yona, the problem is this author is glorifying a poorly developed character after doing irrational moves and there's no one in her group intelligent enough to realize that, forget about Yona, the fire tribe were retarded enough to listen to her, that's the problem Suwoon and hopefully kyeshuk need to take care of.
 

SamuelDean

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2017
Messages
253
Reaction score
175
Country
Dragonstone
It's not only because he'll lose face, this situation was really dangerous, and it could have been much worse for Kouka had the author decided to make things worse for Yona, the problem is this author is glorifying a poorly developed character after doing irrational moves and there's no one in her group intelligent enough to realize that, forget about Yona, the fire tribe were retarded enough to listen to her, that's the problem Suwoon and hopefully kyeshuk need to take care of.
I agree it was dangerous. But I referred to the situation after they discovered Yona s trick. Soo Won has to punish Tae Jun in any case, since there were quite much spectators present.
Even if he doesn t wish to aggravate the situation of the fire tribe or produce ill will in the Kan family. I would say Kyoga may understand the situation, but the relationship will be more tense than before.
Also there is the problem with Yona...If he should punish Tae Jun, she may try to meddle this time and letting her snatch away Tae Jun before his eyes...that won t be a positive development either.
On the other hand...it could be a test...if Yona would try to go so far...in that case, he could arrest them.
Also the punishment must be equivalent to the danger Tae Jun put his country into . So a light blow on the head won t be adequate.
 
Last edited:

@Aylinn

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2017
Messages
204
Reaction score
268
Country
Poland
the fire tribe were retarded enough to listen to her, that's the problem Suwoon and hopefully kyeshuk need to take care of.
Yeah, but on the other hand it was shown that Tea-Jun has a crush on Yona and it was made clear at the beginning of the manga that he is not the brightest fellow, so while it was stupid, I think it was not out of character.
Even if he doesn t wish to aggravate the situation of the fire tribe or produce ill will in the Kan family. I would say Kyoga may understand the situation, but the relationship will be more tense than before.
Kyoga was trying hard to prove himself, so I suspect he will be furious with his brother for lightning the beacon.

And yes, Tae Jun will need to be severely punished. I expect no less than exile/banishment, etc.
 

Kikolinsky

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 29, 2017
Messages
3
Reaction score
4
Age
32
Country
Austria
Judging by the first Japanese reactions, the chapter only consists of HakYona moments. I seriously hoped that we would get a glimpse into the castle or the Fire Tribe situation (or at least some sort of Keishuk drama). But yeah, I'm a bit disappointed with how the storyline is developing atm. But I shouldn't even start complaining. It's a shoujo after all...
 

Trjpyo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2017
Messages
139
Reaction score
67
Country
Water Tribe
Well... Chap 151...
Hakyona relationship in xing arc+ current chap: 2 steps forward, 10 steps back-- *shocker
Yona said the the kiss is just a greeting( so thyre americans now?!)
And ayame and saki are lovers(there goes the jealousy route)
About the talk... Hak said it was nothin' and to just forget about it... (so, false hopes, as always)
The issue of freeing hak was brought up again.
We're going in circles with this love team its becoming tiring to keep up. Its like any sort of progress has been cancelled out in this chapter.

I WANT ROMANCE! When oh when can we finally move along?
 
Last edited:

@Aylinn

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2017
Messages
204
Reaction score
268
Country
Poland
Well, I cannot say I am surprised that something like this happened and because I have never enjoyed this mediocre romance, I am at least not disappointed either, or rather I am only disappointed that there seems to be nothing about the Fire Tribe.

To this day I genuinely don’t understand why Kusanagi has not used Yona’s trauma after seeing her father killed by her beloved Su-won to make her unwilling to get into any romantic relationship. This is a legitimate reason for not wanting to enter into any romantic relationship for at least many months. Instead we got a bunch of shoujo clichés like Yona being blind and oblivious to Hak’s unsubtle advances, shoujo baits and dumb misunderstandings like this one, which in case of this manga are completely unnecessary.

It would demand some research in the field of psychology, but she could have made a story where Yona is copying with her trauma and Hak is helping her in the process, so there still would be a slow-burning romance and it would make a lot of sense that it is so slow-burning, but no.

Anyway, I hope that the next chapter will at least start dealing with the plot.

I think it is still plenty for the fraction loving jealousy issues. (I wonder if I should read the chapter or just skip it...)
I think about it too. It sounds like there is nothing interesting in it.
 

Trjpyo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2017
Messages
139
Reaction score
67
Country
Water Tribe
I think it is still plenty for the fraction loving jealousy issues. (I wonder if I should read the chapter or just skip it...)
At best its a misunderstanding, on yonas part. I've given up on the jealousy thing... I dont really expect ayame to flirt with hak if her lover is just around the corner or hak responding to her advances. The gang will be on the move anyway...
 

SamuelDean

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2017
Messages
253
Reaction score
175
Country
Dragonstone
Well, I cannot say I am surprised that something like this happened and because I have never enjoyed this mediocre romance, I am at least not disappointed either, or rather I am only disappointed that there seems to be nothing about the Fire Tribe.

To this day I genuinely don’t understand why Kusanagi has not used Yona’s trauma after seeing her father killed by her beloved Su-won to make her unwilling to get into any romantic relationship. This is a legitimate reason for not wanting to enter into any romantic relationship for at least many months. Instead we got a bunch of shoujo clichés like Yona being blind and oblivious to Hak’s unsubtle advances, shoujo baits and dumb misunderstandings like this one, which in case of this manga are completely unnecessary.

It would demand some research in the field of psychology, but she could have made a story where Yona is copying with her trauma and Hak is helping her in the process, so there still would be a slow-burning romance and it would make a lot of sense that it is so slow-burning, but no.
.
I wonder if it was at least adressed partially. At least during the fire tribe arc and in earlier chapters, I thought that it was somehow hinted, but if so, I agree mostly Kusanagi didn t make much of it.
 

@Aylinn

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2017
Messages
204
Reaction score
268
Country
Poland
I wonder if it was at least adressed partially. At least during the fire tribe arc and in earlier chapters, I thought that it was somehow hinted, but if so, I agree mostly Kusanagi didn t make much of it.
I think it is only addressed when she is asked if she has someone she likes and she replies that she had one and her eyes go blank. Unfortunately, this is not an issue in her relationship with Hak and I don’t remember it being ever hinted to be an obstacle. The main obstacles are that she is oblivious to Hak’s feelings and that they don’t talk.

Yona's perceptiveness literally disappears whenever Hak makes moves that anyone else reads or would read as a clear sign of interest.

As for talk, at this point a serious discussion between these two would solve the problem. We know that Hak likes her and that she likes him. All that is left is that they already talk and confess their feelings.
 

shinobi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
1,355
Reaction score
4,574
Country
Dragonstone
hahaha OMG this Kusanagi is such a troll, really I'm feeling sorry for all the Yona x Hak fans that got their hopes way up waiting for romance lol :D I think the prediction @@Aylinn made that the confession will come at the end will come true. I personally wanted them to confess their feelings not because I like this pair too much, but only because I want to move on with the story.
The romance aside, this chapter is such a waste, I'll wait for the chapter to come out, hopefully their would be at least something worth mentioning about it, but still it's a let down.
 
Top