Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Rather than the admittedly insignificant drop, for Dr. Stone the worrying part would be the lack of growth. Neverland has been consistently selling more and more with every new volume.
Isn't that also the case for Kimetsu no Yaiba? Growth volume over volume?
 

nonowa

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2017
Messages
222
Reaction score
141
Age
36
Country
Mexico
Yaiba 8 (5 days): 81,312
Yaiba 9 (7 days): 89,077

Yeah, Yaiba is definitely also stagnant. But it has been stagnant for a while.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
This, I've always had my eyes on that series and I've always been curious about it. Not sure how good the original anime is, but this is a pretty popular forgotten WSJ manga.
The original anime is great, pretty sure you can find it fully subbed in English.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
I think if Kohaku gets visibly triggered next chapter from what just happened that specific volume will be the highest selling one. If not rip, editorial pushing gone to waste
 

De La Croissant

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
804
Reaction score
668
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Kimetsu needs the Ame Talk Treatment.
 

nonowa

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2017
Messages
222
Reaction score
141
Age
36
Country
Mexico
The original Ninku anime is definitely worth watching on animation alone, like YYH.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
But be real, can you honestly say, without a doubt in your mind, gun to your head, that watching VOLLEYBALL or GOLF is more hype than All Might vs. AFO or Hisoka vs. Chrollo? If yes, I just gotta know why.
You can't spell HYPEkyuu! without HYPE. I converted 3 of my friends to watch Haikyuu as their first sport manga and they all say it is a very good show.

Although not ALL sports manga can be hype. Majority of the time, it usually is the underdog protagonist or side characters in sport. You see their growth overtime, and how they overcome challenge (although some are asspulls). It has to be close moment (score) that get your blood pumping.

Some example that i think create HYPE for me that i read/watched
Haikyuu
The entirety of Eyeshield21 (biased :3c)
Every matches from Momoshiro Takeshi and Kaido Kaoru in Prince of tennis (most of their matches are close one). Occasionally Fuji Shunsuke.
Hikaru no Go (without understanding a thing it still can create hype)
Lastly, Captain Tsubasa

You have to experience it yourself.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Yaiba 8 (5 days): 81,312
Yaiba 9 (7 days): 89,077

Yeah, Yaiba is definitely also stagnant. But it has been stagnant for a while.
Lol no it's not stagnant. It experienced one of the biggest growths.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Would we see a Slam Dunk reboot?
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
Lol no it's not stagnant. It experienced one of the biggest growths.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Would we see a Slam Dunk reboot?
I've been thinking about a Slam Dunk reboot happening eventually. I really don't see why it wouldn't, but there's a problem, it would probably be from Toei and well, yeah, Toei are Toei...

Now I'm even more worried for Kimetsu's anime adaptation since apparently Toei finished moving to their new studio location and they'll finally be able to operate at full capacity once again, the move took them 3 years. So now more good manga are in danger of being adapted by Toei, including Kimetsu and especially HZ.

https://blog.sakugabooru.com/2017/1...storic-studio-renewal-the-old-and-new-oizumi/
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
You have to experience it yourself.
I got a better idea from the comments now, thanks. Funny enough, I wanted Full Drive to be something. Liked the first chapter alot. But the recent chapter just did some weird shit and made the girl into random fanservice, and not even the good kind. The characters were already causing me to lose faith so I think I'll put this one down.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
I've been thinking about a Slam Dunk reboot happening eventually. I really don't see why it wouldn't, but there's a problem, it would probably be from Toei and well, yeah, Toei are Toei...

Now I'm even more worried for Kimetsu's anime adaptation since apparently Toei finished moving to their new studio location and they'll finally be able to operate at full capacity once again, the move took them 3 years. So now more good manga are in danger of being adapted by Toei, including Kimetsu and especially HZ.

https://blog.sakugabooru.com/2017/1...storic-studio-renewal-the-old-and-new-oizumi/
I'm hoping Toei takes Dr.Stone instead xD

Yeah the fear is real.
 

ruggia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2008
Messages
877
Reaction score
1,080
Gender
Male
Country
South Korea
Yaiba 8 (5 days): 81,312
Yaiba 9 (7 days): 89,077

Yeah, Yaiba is definitely also stagnant. But it has been stagnant for a while.
●鬼滅の刃
│ 初動. (日)│ 2週計| 3週計| 4週計| 5週計┃  累計 (日数)┃ 発売日.│タイトル
│**圏外 (3)│------│------│------│------┃*,**,圏外 (**3)┃2016/06|鬼滅の刃 1 ※初動16,966以下
│*16323 (4)│------│------│------│------┃*,*16,323 (**4)┃2016/08|鬼滅の刃 2
│*25967 (6)│------│------│------│------┃*,*25,967 (**6)┃2016/10|鬼滅の刃 3
│*21815 (3)│------│------│------│------┃*,*21,815 (**3)┃2016/12|鬼滅の刃 4
│*41476 (3)│*65822│------│------│------┃*,*65,822 (*10)┃2017/03|鬼滅の刃 5
│*65937 (6)│*84742│------│------│------┃*,*84,742 (*13)┃2017/05|鬼滅の刃 6
│*57083 (3)│*96527│------│------│------┃*,*96,527 (*10)┃2017/08|鬼滅の刃 7
│*81312 (5)│109936│122681│------│------┃*,122,681 (*19)┃2017/10|鬼滅の刃 8
│*89077 (7)│------│------│------│------┃*,*89,077 (**7)┃2017/12|鬼滅の刃 9
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,552
Reaction score
11,291
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Lol no it's not stagnant. It experienced one of the biggest growths.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Would we see a Slam Dunk reboot?
I do not see the meaning.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
I got a better idea from the comments now, thanks. Funny enough, I wanted Full Drive to be something. Liked the first chapter alot. But the recent chapter just did some weird shit and made the girl into random fanservice, and not even the good kind. The characters were already causing me to lose faith so I think I'll put this one down.
Full Drive is pretty bad. The author is new so i cut him some slack, hopefully he will learn from this series and get better.
It tries to do so many thing at once while not focusing on stuffs that is matter the most.

R x L is also pretty awful lately.
----------------------------------

Lastly, i think if a series in the magazine didn't manage to get the attention of 2 million jump readers (not counting digital) per week and haven't grow in 3 years despite very good TOC standing, it's not going to grow. In fact, the 'celebrity' on Ame Talk probably never heard of it too. Yes i'm talking about Hinomaru Zumou, and you can't say Jump doesn't push it either. It receives a color page on chapter 11, back to back color pages on 15 and 16, and a COVER on chapter 22, then another color page on chapter 25 in just under half a year.
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Gah, the week breaks always get me. I need Golem Hearts to survive. And Robot x Laser beam has been bad. Fujimaki out power leveled himself early on, and there's no way for the series to recover. Fujimaki doesn't know how to develop constraints and it becomes more of a problem in an uncontested individual sport like golf.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
how many episodes would that need to be
I assume a lot :p

but it's JoJo studio so maybe they will treat its parts the way the way they treat JoJo's parts

speaking of animating 90's anime, HxH have enough chapters to animate for 1 or 2 cours anime, so I'm hoping MH isn't done with the franchise yet
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Golem Hearts is getting canned unfortunately
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top