Games Mafia Game 59 - Shingeki no Kyojin: Festival of Death - END GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,058
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Ending Credits
Thank You for Playing Mafia Game 59!

Player Actions Report

GrySun (Prosecutor)> Open Gift Box >> Gift #2 (1 night worth of MP protection)
Gryffindor (Politician)> Corrupt Farfalla's to Vote >> GrySun
Jammin
(Threesome candidate) > guesses Vandred and Belserion
James Rye (Bodyguard) > Protect Emperor Spriggan
MarmaladeSky (Barkeeper) > Hardy, GrySun, Gryffindor, Holt >> Holt >>> Reveal Role
SonOfDaws (Spy) > Monkey D. >>> targeted Holt
Vandred (Mason Recruiter) >Recruit Belserion
Kato756 (Prostitute) > no action
Erinyes (Defuser) > no action
Zasz (Sane Det) > Investigates Vandred <<<< Innocent
Holt (Sane Doc) > Protect Hardy
Desin24 (Insane Det) > investigates Farfalla <<<< Innocent
Farfalla (Santa Claus)> desin24 >> Not Voter Disease
Gnut (Serial Killer)
> kills Desin24
Mafia Kill:
Monkey D.Dragon (M. Janitor) > kill Holt
Demonspeed (M.Escort)
> Farfalla
Erinyes (Bomb defuser)> Open Gift Box >> Gift #3 (Transfer) role changes to Daytime Vigilante
Jammin (Threesome candidate) > guesses gnut and Erinyes
Gryffindor (Politician)> Corrupt GrySun's to Vote >> Arjuna
James Rye (Bodyguard) > > Protect Zasz
MarmaladeSky (Barkeeper) > Demonspeed ; GrySun ; Gryffindor ; Farfalla >> reveal
SonOfDaws (Spy) > Monkey D. >>> targeted Farfalla
Vandred (Mason Recruiter) >Recruit Emperor Spriggan > succeeds
Kato756 (Prostitute) > no action
Erinyes (Defuser) > no action
Zasz (Sane Det) > investigate Hardy >>> Guilty
Farfalla (Santa Claus)> Demonspeed >> not-voter disease (succeeds)
Gnut (Serial Killer)
> Kill Vandred
Mafia Kill:
Monkey D.Dragon (M. Janitor) > kill Farfalla
Demonspeed (M.Escort)
> Erinyes
Daykill from Erinyes (Daytime Vigilante)>> Ambrosia
Jammin (Threesome candidate) >guesses Gryffindor and EmptySoul
Gryffindor (Politician)
> Corrupts Belserion's vote > Demonspeed.
James Rye (Bodyguard) > > Protect Zasz
MarmaladeSky (Barkeeper) > Empty, gnut, Demon >> gnut >>> Redirect
SonOfDaws (Spy) > Monkey D. >>> targeted Farfalla
Kato756 (Prostitute) > block demonspeed
Zasz (Sane Det) > Investigate GrySun <<< innocent
EmptySoul (Time bomb)
> explode with GrySun
Gnut (Serial Killer)
> Kill Monkey-D Dragon
Mafia Kill:
Monkey D.Dragon (M. Janitor) > kill Belserion
Demonspeed (M.Escort)
> block James Ryes (unsuscessful)
Jammin (Threesome candidate)> guesses Demonspeed > fails
Gryffindor (Politician)> Corrupts Erinyes's vote > Demonspeed.
James Rye (Bodyguard) > > Protect Zasz
MarmaladeSky (Barkeeper) > monkey ; jammin ; gnut > block Monkey
Zasz (Sane Det) > Investigate James <<< innocent
Gnut (Serial Killer)
> Kill James
Mafia Kill:
Monkey D.Dragon (M. Janitor) > kill James
Demonspeed (M.Escort)
> block James Ryes (unsuscessful)
Zasz (Sane Det) gets gift #4 Promotion > has the right to cast an extra vote via PM
​
Role List
  • @GrySun -(Reiner) (Prosecutor) killed Night 3
  • @Dried Ambrosia - (Gunther) (Mafia Boss) daykilled Day 3
  • @MarmaladeSky - (Eld) (Bar Keeper)
  • @Erinyes - (Keith) (Bomb Defusing Townie >>> Daytime Vigilante)
  • @Holt - (Mikasa) (Sane Doctor) killed Night 1
  • @Reebi (Nile) (Insane Doctor) lynched Day 1
  • @Vandred - (Jean) (Mason Recruiter) killed Night 2
  • @gnut - (Marco) (Serial Killer) lynched Day 5
  • @Demonspeed - (Marlowe) (Mafia Escort) lynched Day 4
  • @Jammin - (Petra) (Threesome Candidate)
  • @Kato756 - (Connie) (Prostitute) hostkilled Day 4
  • @Belserion - (Sasha) (Bulletproof Townie >>> Mason) killed Night 3
  • @SonOfDaws - (Ian) (Spy / Lover) killed Night 3
  • @Hardy - (Eren) (Mafia Member) lynched Day 3
  • @desin24 - (Bertolt) (Insane Detective) killed Night 1
  • @Zasz - (Hitch) (Sane Detective)
  • @EmptySoul - (Mike) (Time Bomb) exploded Night 3
  • @James Rye - (Hange) (Bodyguard) killed Night 4
  • @DiMaria Yesta - (Ymir) (Mafia Burden) hostkilled Day 3
  • @Emperor Spriggan - (Krista) (Vengeful Townie >>> Mason)
  • @Gryffindor - (Annie) (Politician)
  • @Farfalla - (Armin) (Santa Claus) killed Night 2
  • @Arjuna - (Rico) (Mafia Strongman) lynched Day 2
  • @MonkeyD-Dragon (Oluo) (Mafia Janitor / Lover) suicided Night 4
​



Thank you all for playing the game even in this busy period around christmas. Thank you @Lambu and @Lady pompom for hosting with me. You two are great.

MVP: @gnut for lasting so long in a pretty bad scenario
:XD
​
 
Last edited:

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Farfs, not sure how I dodged questions...especially because there was no direct question.
There was D: I tagged you (among other people, but it doesn't matter 'cause of the alert that you individually recieve) directly asking to drop some hint about your role. And you came here again, on the topic, again, and still didn't^^"

I'm hardly planting distrust. I'm very lightly raising some things, 'cause it's day one and I'm not a fond of witch hunt without good leads, although that doesn't mean I'll sit tight and wait for people to screw up so we can get them. And, in your case, I shared my thoughts after being asked about them by Gry, that, again, seems to be ok with you repeatedly not providing a hint to your role, even if the topic of your posts is, in a bigger extend, always about it.

So here goes nothing, being direct: give us a hint about your role, please?
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,608
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I'd say it fits my character quite well, for those that know about SnK
It fits Zepar pretty well?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
There was D: I tagged you (among other people, but it doesn't matter 'cause of the alert that you individually recieve) directly asking to drop some hint about your role. And you came here again, on the topic, again, and still didn't^^"

I'm hardly planting distrust. I'm very lightly raising some things, 'cause it's day one and I'm not a fond of witch hunt without good leads, although that doesn't mean I'll sit tight and wait for people to screw up so we can get them. And, in your case, I shared my thoughts after being asked about them by Gry, that, again, seems to be ok with you repeatedly not providing a hint to your role, even if the topic of your posts is, in a bigger extend, always about it.

So here goes nothing, being direct: give us a hint about your role, please?
Didn't she give a hint though? Kinda confused now after reading this.
 

Dried Ambrosia

A Symphony For Your Taste Buds
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 21, 2011
Messages
2,659
Reaction score
5,929
Gender
Female
Country
Buy Moria
I did give a hint, @Farfalla...but you're stating i didn't.
Not sure what to say at this point :s

Ok, I struggled a bit to copy this [#damn you mobile], but here it goes.

If you want to ask me something, just go ahead. You know I won't bite...hard :3c

OK, on a more serious note... donno if I'm doing this right, but I have an active role.
 
Last edited:

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,608
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
@Erinyes @Farfalla
Androssi is not my waifu. She is my goddess. Please stop making that mistake.:-_-
I doubt anyone will believe those things again after Lambu, Demon and niichan all promised on their waifus and ended up liars. You were the only one honest last time you said it, but still have a bad aftertaste from those mentioned 3 people.
Any thoughts on who to vote yet Jammin? Any suspects yet?
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,849
Reaction score
23,519
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I doubt anyone will believe those things again after Lambu, Demon and niichan all promised on their waifus and ended up liars. You were the only one honest last time you said it, but still have a bad aftertaste from those mentioned 3 people.
Any thoughts on who to vote yet Jammin? Any suspects yet?
I can't fault somebody for not believing me. This is a trust nobody sort of game, after all. But as you know I have never betrayed that oath. And I never will. Calling her my waifu though... that borderline heresy. BaamXAndrossi forever.

As for who I'm voting for. I haven't seen anything so far I consider blatantly suspicions. If things continue like that I'll probably go vote for Demon because he is always mafia.
 

Vandred

Plan Deviser
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 15, 2016
Messages
1,488
Reaction score
7,113
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Why would they? Cause of the 20% change the person becomes a BP? It's a 20% chance... IF the odds are equality distributed, which we don't know.
If we don't squeeze people, then mafia has a free pass to claim whatever "oh, my initial hint doesn't fit 'cause I actually used a gift and had my role changed", "oh, I am a doctor but prolly didn't die yet 'cause I used a gift and became a BP", "oh, I'm not mafia! I'm a newbie and quiet 'cause I got the weird first gift power which won't allow me to talk until the host says so", and so on D: Imo, we have more to lose than to win with the "reveal the gift thing whenever you want" policy.
If you were mafia, would you risk a 20% chance of hitting a BP instead of going for someone else? I wouldn't.

Mafia has more of a chance to claim what they want if they know exactly who got a present, on top of manipulating them into sending one to a mafia member. If they have to lie about it, there's a chance they mess up. Only one person gets a gift per day, apparently.

Also:
Vandred - (Jean) - 1st time with the role, considers it powerful but that people prolly don't like it
I said the opposite, that I don't consider it very powerful. It has its uses (like basically every role), but eh.

By the way, I know from experience that only claiming active or passive leaves a mafia member plenty of space to adjust their claim later based on what roles start showing up...
 

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 2, 2016
Messages
2,373
Reaction score
12,896
Gender
Female
Country
Netherlands
I didnt have the time to answer properly. Replying while transcribing interviews doesn’t really help constructing good replies. And quite frankly, forgot after that. Sorry not sorry ;)

I dont mind sharing things about my role though.
1) active role
2) can be quite quite useful is used properly
3) I feel it suits my personality.

Also
!votekill Grysun

Right back at ya. No reason in particular, Gry voted for me, now Im voting for Gry. Makes it even
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
@Erinyes @Farfalla
Androssi is not my waifu. She is my goddess. Please stop making that mistake.:-_-
I'm missing why I got tagged there xD
I did give a hint, @Farfalla...but you're stating i didn't.
Not sure what to say at this point :s

Ok, I struggled a bit to copy this [#damn you mobile], but here it goes.

Irk, sry, Anchy. I rly missed that, lol.
If you were mafia, would you risk a 20% chance of hitting a BP instead of going for someone else? I wouldn't.
But there are 24 players in the game (if I didn't count it wrong), why would that ever be a concern now? If you'd want to review that later, I'd get it.
Plus, a good amount of people claimed passive already, if they wanna be concerned about BPs. Mafia should be as motivated to go for the owner of the gift as for not going, depending on the stage of the game, claims, player, etc, it can be a crutial person that might be getting a role boost or an extra vote. Same way, we can more easily narrow down down the ones that will lie about the boxes in the future as mafia/third party, wtv.

C'mon, last game, knowing about the death notes was way more relevant to the town than to the mafia. That's cause the town lacks knowledge! It's the benefit of the mafia, they're ahead in what they know. And they are behind in numbers, that's why we need to gather trustworthy knowledge and cross information to corner them. I get it that there are risks for the town but I can't see how it beats being in the dark...

But this became an irrevelant argument now xD With your position, people alrdy have a motive to not share info and get a pass from it... They'll just walk...
Mafia has more of a chance to claim what they want if they know exactly who got a present, on top of manipulating them into sending one to a mafia member. If they have to lie about it, there's a chance they mess up. Only one person gets a gift per day, apparently.
How would knowing who got the present help them with their claims? Last game, the moments experienced players got eliminated from their parties, it went down the hill. The ones that are starting offen lack, again, some knowledge to keep it up with the plots and schemes necessaries to survive as a mafia till the end of the game.
You said everything, if they have to lie, they might mess up. If we don't know about things, we can't spot lies.
I just can't see how not getting information would beat other options here...
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,849
Reaction score
23,519
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm missing why I got tagged there xD
You had been repeating Erin's synopsis. So I wanted to make sure you had all the facts.:p
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,323
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
I think it would be more beneficial to say who got a present when they do. TBH, I'm not really seeing a reason to not say this?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Well Votekill Arjuna
Mainly a placeholder vote following my earlier post
 

Vandred

Plan Deviser
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 15, 2016
Messages
1,488
Reaction score
7,113
Country
Imperium of Mankind
So you don't like your role?
I can't say I'm thrilled...

But there are 24 players in the game (if I didn't count it wrong), why would that ever be a concern now? If you'd want to review that later, I'd get it.
Plus, a good amount of people claimed passive already, if they wanna be concerned about BPs. Mafia should be as motivated to go for the owner of the gift as for not going, depending on the stage of the game, claims, player, etc, it can be a crutial person that might be getting a role boost or an extra vote. Same way, we can more easily narrow down down the ones that will lie about the boxes in the future as mafia/third party, wtv.
That's why I said it shouldn't always be a good idea. How, exactly, does knowing someone has a present help the town? What info is there to gain? They can share whatever they think would be beneficial after they open one if they think it would help.

Unless the presents are opened in public (which I doubt since you have to PM the hosts, but feel free to correct me, @WithYouInSpirit or @Lambu or @Lady pompom), mafia members can just lie and claim they got a bomb or a BP protection or a gag order. Or, even if the present is opened in public and they get a role change, that they got an incredibly useful role that will help the town a lot.

C'mon, last game, knowing about the death notes was way more relevant to the town than to the mafia. That's cause the town lacks knowledge! It's the benefit of the mafia, they're ahead in what they know. And they are behind in numbers, that's why we need to gather trustworthy knowledge and cross information to corner them. I get it that there are risks for the town but I can't see how it beats being in the dark...
The Death Notes were an entirely different mechanic, and I don't remember a single case where knowing who had a Note and when helped the town lynch a mafia. Quite the contrary, actually, as the mafias used that to their advantage and did quite well at it.


How would knowing who got the present help them with their claims? Last game, the moments experienced players got eliminated from their parties, it went down the hill. The ones that are starting offen lack, again, some knowledge to keep it up with the plots and schemes necessaries to survive as a mafia till the end of the game.
You said everything, if they have to lie, they might mess up. If we don't know about things, we can't spot lies.
I just can't see how not getting information would beat other options here...
First of all, my team did great without their "experienced" players. :hmph

Second, how does laying everything bare in front of the mafia hinder them in any way? If they know exactly who got a present and when, they can't lie about it and there's no way to make them mess up in the first place. But if they don't know that and decide to claim they received a present to cover their asses in the hope that one of the people they killed had got a present, there's the possibility of the real receiver proving them wrong.


But hey, after last game I know better than to argue the unpopular point. You guys can plan whatever strategy you prefer. Just don't expect me to follow it. ¯\_( =3=)_/¯
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,101
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
It's rather remarkable that almost everyone posted in this day already, yet the majority barely reaches 4 posts. As always though, you have like 3 people engaging and everyone just reacting to it.

I didnt have the time to answer properly. Replying while transcribing interviews doesn’t really help constructing good replies. And quite frankly, forgot after that. Sorry not sorry ;)

I dont mind sharing things about my role though.
1) active role
2) can be quite quite useful is used properly
3) I feel it suits my personality.

Also
!votekill Grysun

Right back at ya. No reason in particular, Gry voted for me, now Im voting for Gry. Makes it even
So you leave the most active and engaging player as the top voted for the fantastic reason of "making it even" '-' ? I'm aware it's only 2 votes and it's expected that the most visible person is... the one that calls the most attention, but this is rather careless from you (just after excusing yourself from forgetting).

Also I just checked and Holt tied it on someone that, on the other hand, we know little of.
 

Vandred

Plan Deviser
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 15, 2016
Messages
1,488
Reaction score
7,113
Country
Imperium of Mankind

The presents are opened by sending a PM to the hosts during the day phase, but nothing impedes you from sharing information about what you got, Christmas is about sharing too, right?
Thanks for the clarification, Pompom :clingy


Well there you go then, Faffs. Presents are randomized and we don't know what people get. What prevents mafia members from lying about what they got? Or how is it problematic for them to tell the truth, in the four-out-of-five chance they don't get a role change?
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,323
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Second, how does laying everything bare in front of the mafia hinder them in any way? If they know exactly who got a present and when, they can't lie about it and there's no way to make them mess up in the first place. But if they don't know that and decide to claim they received a present to cover their asses in the hope that one of the people they killed had got a present, there's the possibility of the real receiver proving them wrong.
Fair point, but tbf, if the information isn't shared, how do we catch them in a lie without the info being shared? For example, let's say X player passes the gift in the day phase but doesn't share that information, then if he happens to die, can't the mafia claim to have the gift? Hmm well enough, since a gift is introduced each phase, then it's possible. But if say X player already revealed that he opened and got it was a bomb (gift destroyed), then wouldn't we be able to keep track of how many gifts are being passed around?
I see it as something like this, there might not be any real way to determine how what was inside the gift box, but we at least know how many gift boxes are around if everyone always says when they have a box, and what they got from it. Without this info, even if someone lies, we have no real way to tell. But here, if someone lies, we can at least begin to theorize I guess, since we'd know how many boxes were present, what (claimed) gifts were inside etc. Sharing information can become a limited to an otherwise chaotic situation imo
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Edit: Limiter not limited
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Keeping track of the present is a good thing....but as far as whats in it...dont know if i will believe it.
:cop
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Did you learn it...? Cause yet you're here arguing.

I don't get what you're thinking, really.
People are giving hints. Eventually they'll get pressured about roles, whenever it becomes crucial, like it happens in every game. So the mafia is alrdy either lying or trying to fitting in. At some point, they will have to lie for sure, when they claim a role. People being forced to reveal stuff, wtv it is, allow us to map situations. If they try to keep saying the truth about what they get, that might bite them in the ass. They might arrive at a conflicting situation where what they provided will incriminate them, simply 'cause it can't be sustained by a bigger picture or by what they provided before.

The gift rules say they can't tell about their past role and actions. If they change roles AFTER we get them to talk, they'll use the rule at their advantage.

I've been saying since a lot of games that making people talk soon, specially the newer ones, makes it more difficult for the mafia to orchestrated a bigger picture. They have to lie and they don't know what's out there. I got criticized about it in the past and now people seem to be willing to go with it, so I took the chance, and I still don't get how some are so reluctant to provide some key info...

You might not recall about the town getting benefitted by knowing about the notes, but we talked about it the deadpad more than once, about how they would be able to narrow down suspects if they were paying attention to who had what. I get it that it's different 'cause the note could kill and had its transfer related to the killer in some situations, but if people don't talk, even in this game, then the mafia simply has a way bigger margin to lie about whatever. There are too many role options, too many role interaction possibilities, and now 5 new options of situations to claim, per phase.

Don't you think that the mafia, for example, will try to pass the boxes among themselves? 20% chance of becoming immune at night; 20% of getting a role change and they might as well be common mafia, who knows; 20% of getting an extra vote; 20% of an excuse to talk less and cover the ones flying under the radar lol xD Worst case scenario: they lose the box, lmao. So yeah, I would like to know who will get Gry's box, if he passes, and who'll get the next one and how they'll move. Looks to me like the mafia has a lot to earn with possessing the boxes.

But I do get you, I won't swim against any tides either, I've done it in the past, about a similar case, it's draining and not worth it. You guys proceed as you prefer.
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,323
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Keeping track of the present is a good thing....but as far as whats in it...dont know if i will believe it.
:cop
True but that's probably the best we can get.

Another good thing is that no one gets the presents twice. And the gifts can be quite hard to fake. There's pretty much only 1 chance to lie about what gift was inside if you got one. and some of the gifts can be discerned. So lying imo would be hard.
And this way would be better than if we had no basis to work with at all
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top