Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

nonowa

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2017
Messages
222
Reaction score
141
Age
36
Country
Mexico
The BnHA chapter being ranked was the big climax of the arc. Damn.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Also guess we can expect one of FD/GH to get the axe in this next round. Shudan's already had the "Veteran flop 4 volume treatment", so even that won't survive another.
 

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Goodbye Golem Hearts

Also, really nice to see Saiki, WNL, Neverland and Kimetsu in the top.
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Screw Jump audience for not enjoying Golem Hearts. Adventure and battle shounen are dead. It turned it up to eleven after the timeskip. Save us, Kishimito.....
 

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
Also guess we can expect one of FD/GH to get the axe in this next round.
Cross Account is definitely gone, and I'd say Spring Weapon is safe. If I had to pick one of the 2, I'd choose Full Drive to go. I'm not a fan of the artwork, characters, or story. I'm not really loving Golem Hearts either so far, but I'm more willing to give it a bit more time. Honestly, I'd rather see Shudan survive at both of their expenses, but I highly doubt that'll happen
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Telling yall for the 2nd time,

Post-Apocalypse manga will be the future of Jump, at least for the next 3 years.
 

Avok

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2015
Messages
477
Reaction score
363
Gender
Male
Country
Avatar
Damn son! Golem Hearts deserves better.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
I said this before, but I feel like MHA ranking in the middle has more so to do with the editor probably putting it there for his own reasons(maybe to give newer series on the rise, like TPN, Kimetsu No Yaiba, and Dr.Stone more promo). I don’t feel like it’s not a definitive sign that ppl hate the arc or the popularity is declining.

Like Yonkou’s vid and Oda says. The ToC isnt necessarily a ranking system
 

Ecchi Boy

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2011
Messages
1,036
Reaction score
1,307
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Remember the last time HZ had a big annoucement it was something about 2nd arc, ending, etc..? If it gets an anime then good for the fans, but it's kinda weird how it wasn't announced at Jump Festa.

My esport manga will finally become a thing :oooh.
Prepare for FrankerZ and Kappas I guess:frankerz:frankerz:frankerz:kappa:kappa:kappa
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Wow, I know I was hating on GH but I didn't expect it to rank dead last

If HZ is getting an anime why wouldn't they announce it in Jump Festa?

Komi went from writing a repetitive going nowhere romcom which I hate to writing esport manga which I also hate
 

Mr.Fujimaster

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2017
Messages
437
Reaction score
304
Country
Brazil
Issue 6
Cover/Lead Poster Color: One Piece
CPs: Hinomaru Zumo (Big Announcement), Kimetsu no Yaiba, E no Genten (Naoshi Komi oneshot, ESports)
Extra Pages: Golem Hearts
I want a space battle manga (Something similar to the Mass Effect game) or a gag manga nonsense like Sexy Commando Gaiden.
And also an eSports manga.
Now, Jump give me the space battle manga.
Not a oneshot, but a series.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
thats a good point that I never thought of. Why would they annouce an anime for it 1 week after Jump Festa when they couldve announced it then? I wanna see the sumo matches animated tho.

Battle shonen continuing to catch L's these past couple of years. Kids are getting better taste /s
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Now, Jump give me the space battle manga.
Not a oneshot, but a series.
Alas, I know of one man for the job.....or at least I thought I knew him
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Not gonna lie I'm shook but guess it's deserved for falling for the hype. GH was simply an entertaining series that was hitting all the right strokes. Nice MC and heroine, side characters like Carles was chill too. Good premise and world. Lol @ me agreeing with the EiC from that Viz interview, dude has degraded the mag by giving fans of safe series trauma by placing them in the lower end because of JUMP SUPER PUSH!!! for Stone and Neverland while series like Spring Weapon nobody knows why it's around. He's a joke, get rid of him.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I wouldnt want a manga that took cues from Mass Effect, Mass Effect always had some pretty terribly m/m ships that made me always play FemShep just to get with my favorite guy (Kaidan, cause Williams was garbage).

ST&RS was already the best space manga ever.
 

Luca11

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2017
Messages
100
Reaction score
51
Age
33
Country
Wake Island
Esports Manga! I'm curious to see how that's gonna go down.
Can anyone read the raw Hinomaru spoil me re. what's happening? Haven't been up to date.

I also think the rankings also depend on whether or not the contents of the chapters. Kimetsu tends to not rank high when there's little action in the chapter in the issue with the ranking (not the one that is supposedly being ranked).
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Battle shonen continuing to catch L's these past couple of years. Kids are getting better taste /s
kids they killed Shudan and are keeping SW#1 alive so I wouldn't say their taste got better

Alas, I know of one man for the job.....or at least I thought I knew him
I'll pretend you mean Hisao Tamaki and not who you actually meant
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top