Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Yuuna is romance/harem though so that's not what I meant. Something where they go world to world and possess people and learn more about the apparitions in history of the universe or something. Like a Dr. Stone with ghosts. Idk just rambling
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
I'm looking forward to Kubo's one shot and Kishimoto's new series.
Also, would be cool if we had gotten a new series like that old one shot Wonderful Wonder World, something like a space adventure series. I know Kishimoto had stated his next would be a space adventure thing but we don't know if he changed the setting after that.
Also, MHA's quality dipped in 2017 a certain amount. It would be nice to see it go back up in 2018.
And yeah, Kimetsu anime would be something I love. I know it will get one but at least an announcement by the end of the year would be cool.

Oh yeah, Happy New Year ya fools!
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'd like another action/adventure series with great art.
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
I just realized we'll have Hunter x Hunter's 20'th anniversary this year, if we get lucky we'll get some new animated content. That would be amazing.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
I like Shuiesha spend all their resource on how to clone people.

Then they can clone Yusuke Murata and bring him back here. Then pair him with whoever can write a good story.

Then 9 more clones of Echirou Oda for 10 One Piece chapters/week.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Kimetsu's latest arc is the longest and has been dragging a bit but the latest spoilers have left me shocked. It's a great arc but I'd like it to end soon.

What I want for 2018:
-Passionate staff working on HZ and success for the manga.
-Kimetsu anime announcement (preferably at the end of 2018)
-JoJo part 5 anime announcement
-Shimabu returning with a serialized series rather than a one shot.
-World Trigger Return
-TPN anime announcement.
-SnS's manga wrapping it up and putting the series out of it's misery.

And Happy new year!
 

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 13, 2015
Messages
4,503
Reaction score
6,604
Country
Germany
Kimetsu's latest arc is the longest and has been dragging a bit but the latest spoilers have left me shocked. It's a great arc but I'd like it to end soon.
The current arc honestly dampered my enjoyment of Kimetsu a lot. The main reason is that the only fight of this arc has been going on for 16 chapters now and it's a fight against just 2 demons. Plus Tanjirou should have been unconscious 7 chapters ago, but he still fights.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,076
Reaction score
6,934
Gender
Male
Country
United States
We also need a boys school club swimming manga. The sport remains just as popular as ever and Jump has the readerbase for it.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
The current arc honestly dampered my enjoyment of Kimetsu a lot. The main reason is that the only fight of this arc has been going on for 16 chapters now and it's a fight against just 2 demons. Plus Tanjirou should have been unconscious 7 chapters ago, but he still fights.
Well they're UMD's, not just demons... I agree it's dragging out but not a whole lot. I also agree Tanjirou being able to move is kinda bothersome. The fight will work better when it's animated I feel, not like this especially when the dates the chapter comes out is inconsistent. Despite the dragging and Tanjirou being able to move, I think this arc may end up being the best arc.

I want a less action heavy arc after this
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
I don't really feel like the current Kimetsu arc has been going on for too long, I think it's been fine so far, I really liked how it started and now things are taking longer probably because of the reveal that there are two enemies instead of one? I don't know, but the arc will most likely end very soon, I've been enjoying it at least.

We also need a boys school club swimming manga. The sport remains just as popular as ever and Jump has the readerbase for it.
There was one of those that got axed in WSJ in 2014 or 2015.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
what could this possibly be but an anime adaptation? there's nothing else I could think of
That’d be something, having both an anime for HZ and Muhyou announced so close together. Muhyou didnt seem to sell too well, though we’re missing most of its sales data. Even stranger that its for the tenth anniversary. Though I cant say it didnt need one. If that ends up being the case and Shueisha has more stuff like it for the 50th anniversary planned, I’m pretty excited.

And ya. Kimetsu’s lost me on this arc. Probably would’ve been better if the brother never came out and they just ended it there.
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
That’d be something, having both an anime for HZ and Muhyou announced so close together. Muhyou didnt seem to sell too well, though we’re missing most of its sales data. Even stranger that its for the tenth anniversary. Though I cant say it didnt need one. If that ends up being the case and Shueisha has more stuff like it for the 50th anniversary planned, I’m pretty excited.
It could be one of those short follow-up one-shots or something like that. But if it gets an anime, cool.
 

susanoo13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
483
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
My wish list for 2018 :

In the anime departments, a Psyren anime, Jojo P5 anime this year, TPN announcement at the end of the year.
For mangas, a good year for MHA, 20+ chapters of HxH and art by various mangakas, WT update, Kishimoto and Shimabu returning, One piece actually staying true to the author's promises, a new 1M seller.
On other notes : Watsuki somehow redeeming himself, if only this event could have been deleted from history :(
 

DJBlitzkrieg

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2017
Messages
129
Reaction score
74
Country
Venezuela
And ya. Kimetsu’s lost me on this arc. Probably would’ve been better if the brother never came out and they just ended it there.
It would have been bullshit if an UMD got slashed that quick considering that they're the strongest beings of the series after the main villiain (and that this one in particular got rid of numerous pillars before encountering the main cast), we're also most likely nearing the end of the battle (or even the arc) based on ch.92 spoilers (which are very shocking and exciting in a way)
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,547
Reaction score
15,706
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
I guess Viz hasn't shown still anything about Bozebeats and Actage plot, has it?
 

AllEyez

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2017
Messages
80
Reaction score
11
Age
32
Country
Mariejoa
Hopefully a OP movie announcement later this year
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top