Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
I was thinking about what I want from Jump in 2018 and suddenly I realized that I want a Kimetsu spin-off. I just want to see the characters do silly things together,
Then again, it's probably a long shot considering not even Black Clover has gotten a spin-off.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Is that print or sales?
 

Heiji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2009
Messages
2,547
Reaction score
7,928
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Exepct Oricon, its always print.
 

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 13, 2015
Messages
4,503
Reaction score
6,604
Country
Germany
Is that print or sales?
I'd guess it's print. But I find this number strange. If you add up all the sale numbers for TPN volumes on geocities.jp it comes out with 1.564.642 sold units.
Either a huge chunk of TPN's sales aren't recorded there, this big number is for sold units both physically and digitally, or 53% of the TPN volumes aren't getting bought.
 

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Happy new year everyone! I'll try to be more active here this year :P
For now, I made a new video, tried to do my best to fix all the wrong number from last year and adding more than 30 new titles, hope you enjoy. I might do an analysis here or in form of a video. Hope you enjoy.

Hey, thanks for the video and work. I always like to watch this.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,555
Reaction score
11,295
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
2017 was the best year for MHA.....
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Common belief on what jaded people regarding MHA in 2017 was the bare minimum of screentime regarding female characters (a prominent character of strength who was introduced in the arc but you could barely remember what she did outside of nicely hyping up Deku) to the enemy faction and newly introduced characters outside a couple feeling weak or lame. I deff saw the issues but at the same time I enjoyed the arc more than the provisional license one, but I argue stronger characters were introduced in that one.
 

Heiji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2009
Messages
2,547
Reaction score
7,928
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
I'd guess it's print. But I find this number strange. If you add up all the sale numbers for TPN volumes on geocities.jp it comes out with 1.564.642 sold units.
Either a huge chunk of TPN's sales aren't recorded there, this big number is for sold units both physically and digitally, or 53% of the TPN volumes aren't getting bought.
Its 2,149,767 (for sold) for the moment for the 6 first volumes. And volume get reprint because manga get 1st place in Manga ga Sugoi 2018. And when digital is add (like for Kimetsu no Yaiba) its digital sale + print physically.
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
I was thinking about what I want from Jump in 2018 and suddenly I realized that I want a Kimetsu spin-off. I just want to see the characters do silly things together,
Then again, it's probably a long shot considering not even Black Clover has gotten a spin-off.
Closest thing for now you’ll get that’s like that is the Kimetsu extra chapter in the next Jump GIGA. It’s based on Kimetsu Gakuen (from the vol omakes).
The Promised Neverland : 6 volumes : 3 300 000.
Saw on the 2ch thread that this includes digital sales too, is that true?
 

nonowa

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2017
Messages
222
Reaction score
141
Age
36
Country
Mexico
It has to include digital, no? The sales just don't add up otherwise, even using Shoseki's numbers.

As for 2018, I really hope act-age is good. I think the idea has potential if it turns out to be something similar to SnS or even (the Oda approved) Hibiki.
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Sales reported by places like Shoseki are generally not even close to actual total sales. They're only estimates, and they don't even track most venues. Only the publishers have the actual sales numbers, adding up estimates just isn't going to work.
 

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
Sales reported by places like Shoseki are generally not even close to actual total sales. They're only estimates, and they don't even track most venues. Only the publishers have the actual sales numbers, adding up estimates just isn't going to work.
So basically the figures Shoseki reports are just physical sales from the biggest venues? Well that helps explain some of the large discrepancies I've come across
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
Some speculation
Wondering if the DBS anime will actually end now that this was announced
Kitaro's 4th and 5th anime series aired on the same timeslot as DBS, so they might replace it to air there again.
DBS could return after it ends though.
 
Last edited:

Heiji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2009
Messages
2,547
Reaction score
7,928
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Closest thing for now you’ll get that’s like that is the Kimetsu extra chapter in the next Jump GIGA. It’s based on Kimetsu Gakuen (from the vol omakes).

Saw on the 2ch thread that this includes digital sales too, is that true?
In fact peploe thinks :
-Old numbers (out early in december) 3 200 000 was print + digital sold for 6 first volumes
-New numbers 3 300 000 is just print for 7 first volumes.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Some speculation
Wondering if the DBS anime will actually end now that this was announced
Kitaro's 4th and 5th anime series aired on the same timeslot as DBS, so they might replace it to air there again.
DBS could return after it ends though.
could it be possible that they just put it in a different time slot?
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
DBS won't end over Kitarou
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
could it be possible that they just put it in a different time slot?
For DBS? Doesn't really have anywhere else to air on the network, unless they wanted to move it to MH Stories: Ride On's slot.
Kitaro would only go to Noitamina if it was a 2nd season of Hakaba Kitaro (which aired there), and it also has nowhere else to air besides that.
Also from what I've heard the DBS arc ends in March. Just speculating for now though, could end up differently.
 

Heiji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2009
Messages
2,547
Reaction score
7,928
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
For DBS? Doesn't really have anywhere else to air on the network, unless they wanted to move it to MH Stories: Ride On's slot.
Kitaro would only go to Noitamina if it was a 2nd season of Hakaba Kitaro (which aired there), and it also has nowhere else to air besides that.
Also from what I've heard the DBS arc ends in March. Just speculating for now though, could end up differently.
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
For DBS? Doesn't really have anywhere else to air on the network, unless they wanted to move it to MH Stories: Ride On's slot.
Kitaro would only go to Noitamina if it was a 2nd season of Hakaba Kitaro (which aired there), and it also has nowhere else to air besides that.
Also from what I've heard the DBS arc ends in March. Just speculating for now though, could end up differently.
Just saw this, so you can disregard this for now.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top