Gildarts & Zeref vs. Acnologia? Who wins?

  • Gildarts & Zeref

  • Acnologia


Results are only viewable after voting.

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
TFW you are ill as fuck and open the spoiler tag...



@Holt, what kind of reply do you expect after throwing such a splendid summary at my face? Just kidding. : )
Well, to be honest, there is not much I can add. I pretty much agree with every sentence. Otherwise, neither niichan nor my humble self would have put MiA on a pedestal.
Now where to start, overall, this is easily one of the best anime I've watched.
It's the same for me. The anime got a 10/10 from me and I don't even have two handful of those. There is hardly anything to complain about this series.

or the when Riko and the other kids were trying to wake Reg up at the beginning (I could go on and on). Reg's cluelessness was also a very interesting bit. I like the concept of the abyss as well. Indeed, it's like a reverse ToG.
Haha, see my post in the Anime League thread from back then. It was one of the most hilarious scenes ever. :lmao

I said it countless times but can't stop to repeat it over and over again. This series gives off true adventure vibes. Something I kinda miss in Tower of God, which actually has a lot of unused potential in that regard. I can't even remember any other anime series which does such a stunning job, maybe games such as Uncharted or the Last of Us, but no anime series.

Also, watching Reg struggle and fight desperately to protect Riko was very nice. Gives a little adrenaline rush when things are looking bleak XD. I also like the fact that he's incinerator is balanced. It was made clear that descending the abyss is extremely dangerous, and considering there are only a handful of white whistles, it wouldn't really have made sense if Reg and Riko had it too easy. So the fact that he had a super op move (incinerator) but gets knocked out for 2 hours is rather apt, because then he has to gauge the threat level and also consider his timeout. Plus there's the bit about control and accuracy, plus charge time. It was a well balanced power for him to have.
Oh boi... you should start to read the manga, because a blast of a fight waits for you, man. :zomg

Agreed on Reg's incinerator and its pros and cons. Even in the manga, it's not something which gets ignored (guess that's not much of a spoiler). Granted, they can still mess up the powerlevels, but they haven't so far. I appreciate how they handle the incinerator and more than that, I like how they portray Reg thinking about it and its consequences in every damn fight he takes part in. Reg in general is one hell of a fighter and I'm not talking about his muscles. Regardless of the situation, he makes incredible good use of everything he has got. Even in times of failure, you can't think of anything which he could have done better.

Next, on to Ozen. I'm not sure my opinion of a character has changed so fast before, or that I'd feel so bittersweet about a character XD. Initially, I was eager for Riko to meet her, and maybe uncover some information about Lyza in the process. I almost imagined she might have been like an aunt...then after she was introduced, it became apparent that if this was an aunt, she was the difficult type, not friendly ones. And then she seemed to be completely despicable when she started beating up Reg (and plucked Riko on the head too), and even when it was revealed she did it for training/testing sake (even though she wasn't holding back), that didn't really change my opinion of her, since it seems she went way over the line (understandable considering abyss threats though at the time it didn't seem like there might be anything remotely as scary as her), and then through flashbacks of her and lyza and overtime, I came to love her as well. So she ended up making a mess of my emotions XD. Marulke was also pretty cute too.




Ozen is the best character of MiA, period. I won't allow any fools who think otherwise wander through my thread! How is it even possible to not like her from the getgo? I adore Ozen. I would let her train me 24/7. :zomg Guess you were not troll enough to submit to Ozen's epicness right from the start. Disappointing, Holt-kun. :hmph At least, you realized Ozen's epicness later on.
And finally, the fight against Orbed piecer. To be honest, the abyss up to that point seemed dangerous indeed, but not quite impossible. And then came along an extremely formidable opponent. Riko got stabbed, and then they were forced to ascend to escape. Perhaps it was the lesser evil considering they were completely outmatched by orby, but I'm not sure classifying the abyss curse at that layer as 'lesser' is even fair. Riko suffering by bleeding from everywhere, in addition to the poisoned swollen hand was very saddening. Then Reg was forced to break and half cut through her hand and she stopped breathing. I must admit, my eyes got a little moist there. It felt like shit just got VERY VERY REAL. Up to that point, it didn't seem like they'd face anything that would be so dire, and Reg's helplessness at that point was painful to watch. Even more painful was watching him blame himself for hesitating. Maybe if he had shot incinerator, or gotten her to stand behind him or the numerous other things he thought he could have done to prevent the tragedy. A very natural response given his circumstances. I truly felt sorry for the both of them, because they were both in immense pain, physically for one, and emotionally/psychologically for the other. And of course his cries and pleas for her not to die were heart wrenching as well. Well of course, you know how it goes from here, but I give that whole scene a perfect score for portrayal. It was brilliantly done.

The next important scene of course, was Mitty and Nanachi's backstory and how Mitty came to be like that. And this perfectly ties in with why Nanachi was moved to help Reg when he saw him despairing over Riko's state. And finally, Mitty's death. Another incredible moment of the series. Initially, when Nanachi asked Reg to kill Mitty as a favor, after I got over my wtf moment, I realized that it made sense given Mitty's state, although initially I thought it was because Nanachi simply couldn't bring himself to kill Mitty which tbh I thought was cowardly or at least inconsiderate, but after the backstory, I could sympathize with him. It certainly was a painful decision, even for Reg, I tried to imagine what it would be like if I was Reg, asked to take another's life for a perfectly justifiable reason. I understood why Reg also asked if it was necessary since Mitty seemed content, but again Nanachi had perfect reasoning for his request. Given his relationship with Mitty, evidently he only resorted to that painful decision because it was seemingly the best way.
Why... just why you had to bring up these episodes...

Whoever watched these episodes and didn't think "guess, I'll cry then..." is a heartless human with no sense for tragedies whatsoever. Those were perfect episodes. I mean, you said it yourself, the Abyss is described as one hellish place but it was only in that episode where this was proven for real. Take One Piece for example: the New World is stated to be a horrifying world, yet there hasn't been a single arc or a single instance which comes even remotely close to Sabaody Archipelago in terms of being completely outclassed, out of options, despair and misery. Not to mention that the Sabaody Archipelago arc didn't even take place in the New World. Anyway, back to topic. It was very painful for me to watch as well. When Reg was about to cut Riko's arm, you ended up shouting "It has to be done... do it!.... no wait, DON'T DON'T DON'T... but..." :pout Those episodes really grabbed ones heart and squeezed it. And Nanachi's request was shocking. I was prepared for a lot of shit, but this request came in like a bomb. In the end, it was as if you could feel the struggle and pain of all the characters yourself. And this is what makes a great series in my opinion. When you end up thinking that you are not a simple watcher anymore, but - strange as it sounds - a character involved in the series, then you know this series is legit!
Finally, there's Riko waking, as well as the role Mitty played in bringing her back, Her slow rehabilitation, Nanachi agreeing to join them on their journey as they prepare to carry on. It was a sort of perfect way to end the season. The other bit was also rather hilarious with Riko and Reg both naked in the water, then Riko asks what's up with his penis :lmao They're both really cute together XD. Bondrewd was also set up rather nicely as an antagonist, and I'm pretty sure they would encounter him on the way, especially since he realized Mitty's signature was gone with Nanachi having something to do with it.

Well, I tried to keep it short, not sure that really worked out well. But again, it was indeed an incredible show. Thanks for recommending it. I'll probably rewatch it sometime haha
It was indeed the best way to end the season. I think I couldn't have handled a big, sad cliffhanger as a closure. It would have been too much for me. :lmao

The interactions between the trio are hilarious. Let me share some stuff I posted in the Anime League, haha:

























By the way, Nanachi is an amazing addition to the cast. Cuteness level over 9.000, smart, funny, caring and much more, NYAAAAAAA. :x3

Not gonna say much about Bondrewd though. You should really start to catch up with the manga as soon as possible. You only have to read 20ish chapters if my memory serves me right. I assure you, it's nothing short of greatness! I can spoil you this much:

All the rollercoaster of feels you got through the anime, you will get in the remaining chapters as well.

Thank you for the great post, Holt. I'm sorry that I couldn't reply in the same manner. You deserved better. Hope you forgive me.
 

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell







Daaaw :wtf :scry
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
oh and have some Jalter

Thank god you posted that ADORABLE Jalter pic later, because I was about to complain that you made me freaking cry. u.u"
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
happy meow year
lawl-san, thanks a lot! :zomg I was worried about you since you were absent for a couple of days. : (
Yes I'm stalking your profile.



I hope you are doing fine and had a nice start into the new year. If there is something I can do for you, just tell me. You know my policy:

 

Lawl Po Bia

The OMO King
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2010
Messages
11,478
Reaction score
14,406
Country
Japan
lawl-san, thanks a lot! :zomg I was worried about you since you were absent for a couple of days. : (
Yes I'm stalking your profile.



I hope you are doing fine and had a nice start into the new year. If there is something I can do for you, just tell me. You know my policy:

domo syx-dono,
dw i was just away for new years. how you been? plz tell me ur just as escited as i am for overlord s2

ano chibi maschenny is so cute jfc
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
domo syx-dono,
dw i was just away for new years. how you been? plz tell me ur just as escited as i am for overlord s2

ano chibi maschenny is so cute jfc
I see. Did you do anything special? I hope you had your share of fun. :zomg

I catched a cold last week and it was one of the worse ones. I thought I had recovered but my body proved me wrong at work today. : / It was one of the tougher days for me. There was not much going on from work point of view, but it doesn't matter if you feel like shit.



Oh, I wasn't aware that the spoiler tag considers real TOG spoilers. :lmao I didn't read the last chapter and I probably won't read any mangas as long as I'm in the MG. But that spoiler is really tempting. :zomg

I must disappoint you, I didn't watch Overlord. : ( I guess you recommend it?
 

Lawl Po Bia

The OMO King
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2010
Messages
11,478
Reaction score
14,406
Country
Japan
yeah u should its not like 10/10 but id say 8.5


hope you feel better
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
oh and yes i missed your question about new waves manhwa... in my personal ranking it was second highest after tog. gotta love shioon's character development. too bad authors got tired of it. which made me laugh since it was so popular especially the later half
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

Reebi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 10, 2017
Messages
2,432
Reaction score
4,091
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
I see. Did you do anything special? I hope you had your share of fun. :zomg

I catched a cold last week and it was one of the worse ones. I thought I had recovered but my body proved me wrong at work today. : / It was one of the tougher days for me. There was not much going on from work point of view, but it doesn't matter if you feel like shit.



Oh, I wasn't aware that the spoiler tag considers real TOG spoilers. :lmao I didn't read the last chapter and I probably won't read any mangas as long as I'm in the MG. But that spoiler is really tempting. :zomg

I must disappoint you, I didn't watch Overlord. : ( I guess you recommend it?
Colds are not fun.
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
yeah u should its not like 10/10 but id say 8.5


hope you feel better
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
oh and yes i missed your question about new waves manhwa... in my personal ranking it was second highest after tog. gotta love shioon's character development. too bad authors got tired of it. which made me laugh since it was so popular especially the later half
Right now, I won't pick up any manga/anime series. Umineko will get my full attention, it has top priority. When I'm done with Umineko, I might consider to pick up a couple of recommendations of worthy users. That includes the likes of you and Brandish. :nod

Yesterday, I thought to be fit enough to go to work. Once at work, fatigue overwhelmed my body. That's why I stayed home today. It helped a lot I think and I'm ready to hit work tomorrow. :3

I was never a big fan of Shioon. And I also consider him to be responsible for the unnecessary death of my favorite character, Elder Kwon. Shioon has a couple of good character traits, but I disliked the fact that he never devoted himself to the Sunwoo Clan for real, especially when it came to GMR. Moreover, he got too powerful way too fast for my likings. Don't even know if I remember correctly anymore, since it has been quite some time since I read New Waves. The Breaker was really good, New Waves had a lot of ups and downs. The last arc was an absolute train wreck in my opinion. : (

For people who still cared about this series, it's indeed too bad that the authors gave up on it and started this Trinity Wonder thing, which apparently doesn't even come close to the Breaker series. I'm actually done with it and won't follow a continuation of the Breaker.
Colds are not fun.
True, they never are. But this one was very nasty, since it didn't allow me to sleep in. Usually, I have this one medicine which helps me to fall asleep. This must be the first time in my life that it didn't work on me. I slept a couple of hours during the peak of my cold. The rest of my day I was coughing up my guts and drinking all kind of shitty tea sorts.

 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
I catched a cold last week and it was one of the worse ones. I thought I had recovered but my body proved me wrong at work today. : / It was one of the tougher days for me. There was not much going on from work point of view, but it doesn't matter if you feel like shit.
:comfort
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

Lady pompom

EVA pilot
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2013
Messages
1,926
Reaction score
11,188
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Hope you feel better soon, pal.
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell





100% now, syxina?^^ How's cold Germany treating you today?
Can't comment game things but yeah take this: :squish
Don't act as it was not obvious.:bobriki

Germany is treating me well. I'm confident that I can take on my duties tomorrow. How about you?

Yeah, the magical MG chains are a pain in the ass.

Hope you feel better soon, pal.
Thank you Pompom-chan. I hope you are doing better than me.




I'm curious, did you guys meet each other @Farfalla and @Lady pompom?
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Don't act as it was not obvious.:bobriki

Germany is treating me well. I'm confident that I can take on my duties tomorrow. How about you?

Yeah, the magical MG chains are a pain in the ass.
Goes both ways \^-^/

Erh... Aside from the weather that goes from nice and chilly to why-not-get-your-butt-sweaty-as-hell-today I'm gucci.
If you're still feeling like shit tomorrow, maybe you could take work home? D: Should be nicer to work from your bed.

I'm curious, did you guys meet each other @Farfalla and @Lady pompom?
No, but we're working on it *-*
Check, syxina, this is from where she lives:



The Brazilian Caribbean *-*
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,849
Reaction score
23,519
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Invoke the irrational healing power of Chicken soup, @syx!

Chicken Stock (If you don't have any throw a piece of chicken in water, maybe with some bullion, and boil it. An hour or so later strain and you've got the good stuff.)
Diced Celery
Diced Carrots
Diced Onions
Rice or Noodles (if you want)
Salt & Pepper to taste

Before long you'll be out there again once more. Doing what must be done.

 

Lady pompom

EVA pilot
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2013
Messages
1,926
Reaction score
11,188
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Don't act as it was not obvious.:bobriki

Germany is treating me well. I'm confident that I can take on my duties tomorrow. How about you?

Yeah, the magical MG chains are a pain in the ass.


Thank you Pompom-chan. I hope you are doing better than me.




I'm curious, did you guys meet each other @Farfalla and @Lady pompom?
I'm doing fine, yes, I was sick last MG too and ended up losing more weight than I should, but I'm better now.

Farfy and I have not met yet. But we plan to meet, syx-kun. <_> Yes, more or less like the photos Farfy showed. :XD
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

Lawl Po Bia

The OMO King
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2010
Messages
11,478
Reaction score
14,406
Country
Japan
very interesting point of view, i liked elder kwon too so i see where you are coming from
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
Goes both ways \^-^/

Erh... Aside from the weather that goes from nice and chilly to why-not-get-your-butt-sweaty-as-hell-today I'm gucci.
If you're still feeling like shit tomorrow, maybe you could take work home? D: Should be nicer to work from your bed.


No, but we're working on it *-*
Check, syxina, this is from where she lives:



The Brazilian Caribbean *-*
Well, I've fully recovered I think, so no need to work at home, yet. But you made me realize that I still haven't let my superior sign the approval document that I can take my company laptop home with me. xD I should do this tomorrow.

Holy shit... @Lady pompom-chan what the fuck are you doing on MH when you live in heaven? Literally. o.o"
Invoke the irrational healing power of Chicken soup, @syx!

Chicken Stock (If you don't have any throw a piece of chicken in water, maybe with some bullion, and boil it. An hour or so later strain and you've got the good stuff.)
Diced Celery
Diced Carrots
Diced Onions
Rice or Noodles (if you want)
Salt & Pepper to taste

Before long you'll be out there again once more. Doing what must be done.

I'll take your word for it, Jammin! Thank you!
I'm doing fine, yes, I was sick last MG too and ended up losing more weight than I should, but I'm better now.

Farfy and I have not met yet. But we plan to meet, syx-kun. <_> Yes, more or less like the photos Farfy showed. :XD
Glad to see you in better shape Pompom-chan. :3

You really should meet. What are you waiting for? Okay, that's bold of me since niichan and myself haven't met even though we only live approx. 40 minutes apart. Go figure. :lmao

very interesting point of view, i liked elder kwon too so i see where you are coming from
It's difficult to dislike Elder Kwon, he was one badass mofo. He had so many great scenes. :zomg










 
Top