Games Mafia Game 60 - Ace Attorney - END GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Oh yes, your "accusation essay I'm going to quickly debunk in one simple quote, which you deliberately chose to ignore yourself, before going to bed now.
Oh yeah, and "For me personally" means I never played this role before you savage criminal.
Ah yeah that totally respond to everything stated there... But sure, call me names, try to see if I'll burst and with that help your case, and go to bed...
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,463
Country
Fun Forum
If I had been mafia, I like to think I'd have timed my rescue efforts a bit better than risking such a move that close to the countdown's end... Other than that, it's a perfectly reasonable argument. Can't say I didn't see it coming when Sprig was revealed to be mafia.

I was honest in what I said in my short comment about voting for him, though - both about not having much time, and being against his attitude of "I'm not one to give up, but I give up" and "you'll know what my role is soon enough, kudos to the mafia for killing me". If you're a townie and care to benefit your team, you fight to stay alive and help lynch the true guilty ones, you don't hinder the town's efforts by being vague and suspicious and letting the mafia go along with the bandwagons...
There he goes again... Guess we'll just have to wait for you know when.
 

Lady pompom

EVA pilot
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2013
Messages
1,926
Reaction score
11,188
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Strange there's only one kill. I thought we could have either two parties, 1 mafia + thirdy party or even 2 mafias + third party. Either docs protected someone or the blockers worked well.

Spriggan as mafia was not a surprise since he slipped. And he was such good mason carrying Verdreds until the end last game...

1-Demonspeed “My role is interesting, I claimed it once before as Mafia and fucked up.”
2- Lambu-“My role... kind of suck though,” “I can say mine is not passive”. , claims townie , “Its a role that mafias tried claiming in recent past games.”
3-Desin24- “[…]That being said I have a passive role unfortunately”
4-Farfalla – claimed pro-townie role. “I'm not mafia but Jesus I'm frustrated” “I got some passive shit that could go both ways this time and a soon demise might not be that terrible for the town role-wise (unless I go the wrong way with it”
5-SonOfDaws –“ I have an active role”
6-Gryffindor –“ I have an active role, was not in the previous game.”
7-Emperor Spriggan –Mafia Poisoner
8-Belserion - I have a very useful active role. I hopefully should be more help than I was last game.
9-Zasz- “It's my first time with it.It's.....interesting, to say the least”. “my role is active and can be used whenever I want”. “However I'd like to wait a bit longer before using it.”
10-Aizen - Mine is an active role. “I am in the investigator category as far as roles go. That should be a better hint lol.”
11-Lady Pompom –“ About my role, it's not a role I've had before, Yay”. (No mafia poisoner or prostitute)
12-Syx-“ I have an active role, I didn't have that role before, I like this role more than my previous roles, my usefulness may depend on the circumstances.” (??? -killed by the janitor?)
13-Erinyes -never had the role before, claims townie.( Erin was: Bomb defuser, Vigilante, Strongman, Detective, M. Bomb, M. Detective, Martyr, Apprentice, Politician, M. Escort, U. Mafia, Innocent Child, Vanilla Townie)
14-James Ryes- “My hint for my role is that I had it before”( James has been: Bodyguard, Santa, Detective, Mason, Politician, M. Bomb defuser, Jesus, Sickly, Janitor, Spy, Hider)
15-EvilEye- “ I'd like to add that I don't have a night action, and it's new to me personally”
16-Holt – “I have an active role” “my hands are instrumental to what I do”
17-CrescentJynxgrace-“ I have a role that my girl Justine Courtney would approve of....”(Prosecutor?)
18-MarmaladeSky- "I havent had it before” “It's passive, I do like it though”, (not Buletproof or Barkeeper)
19 Vandred- “When I saw my role, I laughed at the irony, raised an eyebrow, and laughed at the irony again (in this order). I guess I can say it's... somehow related to my previous one, although with more downsides and less perks for town” somehow related to my previous one (Mason Recruiter), but with less potential usefulness for town (I'll add that it's active).”
20 Organizized- “I've had my role once before! And it's kind of funny that I got it after the last couple of games I played.”
(Orgz has been: Detective, Doctor, M. Recruiter, Bodyguard - and what he had before his absense - M. Detective, Doctor, Mason, Hider, Normal Townie, M. Boss and some mafia shit that was written in russian, god knows)
21 Arjuna- “I can't reveal my role.The hosts specifically forbade me to do so. My role is not revealed.” (Noble? Politician? Prosecutor?).
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,321
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
One kill is indeed surprising, but with poisoner and janitor already, perhaps there is one mafia party and another 3rd party? Well I don't know how balancing works so wouldn't know how that would work out. Either ways, its already a terrific start. I'm hoping we can get some more hints out of some...it'll help better in checking claims and slip-ups. Also, syx denied politician, and Arj iirc, never owned up to it? In fact he never addressed it. I already had suspicious that it could be a gambler in disguise, not based on anything other than caution. Can easily be verified by another vote change..Arj also is way too indecisive for my liking. And basically since his musings about there being 2 teams and after his hint, he hasn't really said much. It felt like he closed up to prevent making a mistake, or perhaps taking on a more observatory role since he feels safe with his claim? Either way, I don't want him coasting on having an unclaimable role...there are ways to circumvent and confirm what you have or if he is unwilling to do that yet, then we shouldn't simply ignore him for now

Van changing votes to syx to save Emp would be too sloppy imo, I'd like to believe he wouldn't make such an obvious mistake, though tbf, if he predicted we would see it as much, he could have been bold enough to take the step and pull the 'it's too obvious argument' I guess. Other than that, it might due to the lists and quotes but I'm not really getting scum vibes from him. I also feel James is a bit too laid back. I know it's still early game but it feels like he's not particularly gunning for mafia or anything else in this game really. I can't quite tell if there's any particular reason for this, but perhaps it's worth looking at.

Evil I also find a bit weird. Relentless attack on Farf basically since the game began? Not all unfounded, but seems a bit too straightforward all things considered. I'm not sure anyone would be that sure of anything yet in the game, so I find it weird that he seems pretty much set in his thoughts. Also, it feels like attention gets diverted from anything else since he's basically gunning farf every other post. Of course, I'm not completely against this, since pressure brings slip-ups, but still raises the eyebrow
 

desin24

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2013
Messages
1,415
Reaction score
5,425
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Austria
So we got the poisoner, that's a pleasant surprise for a day one lynch. Good job everyone who went for his stupid inconsistency.

We lost Syx this night to a janitor which is just a pain in the ass. The Janitors always messes things up and slows discussions down. For me it was quite a surpise that the night was not a bloodbath. However, as many others said as well, a second mafia or another third party does seem quite probable so having only one death is quite lucky I'd say. If there are two mafia, they might even both have poisoners to keep things even or the doc/prostitute did a great job.

Anyway I will head to sleep now, see you tommorow.
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
I will say we focus on those who tried to save Empi.

Such as Lambu.
 

SonOfDaws

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
897
Reaction score
4,978
Gender
Male
Country
Tartaros
Janitor?.. in a GrySun MG?... Who would have guessed.

Also, I feel like this kinda goes without saying, but in a game of this size, there's either a single, formidable mafia or a mafia and a 2nd killing party. In my experience, the latter is far more likely, but both are possibilities.

If you were Jesus you would probably play like I did. Insanely claim Det on day 1 and get killed on night 1 instantly and laugh at the wasted kill from the mafia. Good times. XD

My biggest suspect is Vandred. He voted on syx lastly like 3-4 minutes before the voting closed, which made the vote count 7 for Empi and 6 for Syx. Maybe Van hoped one of his mafia buddies would see the chance in time and change their vote to force a tie and hopefully extend the time amount to give Empi time to save his skin? I know a couple situations where I was in that situation of saving a mafia buddy or remaining calm and where changing a vote to get a townie closer to death than a mafia friend was done shortly before the countdown was finished. Gryf's final vote on Empi sealed the deal though. Gryf's pretty obviously not a mafia, at least not in the same mafia as Empi in case we have two. ^^
I'm still catching up, but I definitely agree with you on Van. He's not stupid and as hard as he was pressing for info.. it's pretty damn suspect that he didn't question Sprig and instead voted for Syx at the last minute. I think he saw how things were going, didn't want to defend Sprig, but didn't want to vote for him either. He's typically very loyal to his team so I can see that being the case.

I will say we focus on those who tried to save Empi.

Such as Lambu.
I feel like those churros distracted me far more than they should have.. because I barely remember anything else from Lambu that day...

There wasn't that much to catch up on this time, which is weird, but I guess that gives me more time to go back and look at Lambu's posts.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I haven't reread the day posts yet, but if the hint in Pom's list is correct, then that hint is a bit suspect... "The mafia tried claiming this role in previous games"?.... But obviously not this time because HE'S claiming this very vague role so it's all good. It kinda seems like he's trying to preemptively fend off suspicion, if that makes sense.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
I'm still talking about Lambu in that last addition in case that was unclear
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
Janitor?.. in a GrySun MG?... Who would have guessed.

Also, I feel like this kinda goes without saying, but in a game of this size, there's either a single, formidable mafia or a mafia and a 2nd killing party. In my experience, the latter is far more likely, but both are possibilities.


I'm still catching up, but I definitely agree with you on Van. He's not stupid and as hard as he was pressing for info.. it's pretty damn suspect that he didn't question Sprig and instead voted for Syx at the last minute. I think he saw how things were going, didn't want to defend Sprig, but didn't want to vote for him either. He's typically very loyal to his team so I can see that being the case.



I feel like those churros distracted me far more than they should have.. because I barely remember anything else from Lambu that day...

There wasn't that much to catch up on this time, which is weird, but I guess that gives me more time to go back and look at Lambu's posts.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I haven't reread the day posts yet, but if the hint in Pom's list is correct, then that hint is a bit suspect... "The mafia tried claiming this role in previous games"?.... But obviously not this time because HE'S claiming this very vague role so it's all good. It kinda seems like he's trying to preemptively fend off suspicion, if that makes sense.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
I'm still talking about Lambu in that last addition in case that was unclear
I would not have suspected Lambu if it not for his defence of Empi at the end.

We were mafia for 2 games together, and from his play style it seemed similar how was he surprised on seeing Empi as Mafia reminded me of the previous games.
 

SonOfDaws

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
897
Reaction score
4,978
Gender
Male
Country
Tartaros
I would not have suspected Lambu if it not for his defence of Empi at the end.

We were mafia for 2 games together, and from his play style it seemed similar how was he surprised on seeing Empi as Mafia reminded me of the previous games.
I looked at some of his posts prior, including that one near the end of the day, but I don't find him nearly as suspect as Vandred. He placed his vote a few hours before the end of the day which isn't all that suspect and his post near the end of the day defending Sprig seemed like less of a defense for him and more of an apprehension of bandwagoning which is understandable. It may not have been the best call, but it's understandable. His hint is still questionable so he has my attention, but not my vote just yet.
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
I looked at some of his posts prior, including that one near the end of the day, but I don't find him nearly as suspect as Vandred. He placed his vote a few hours before the end of the day which isn't all that suspect and his post near the end of the day defending Sprig seemed like less of a defense for him and more of an apprehension of bandwagoning which is understandable. It may not have been the best call, but it's understandable. His hint is still questionable so he has my attention, but not my vote just yet.
Vandred is nearly always mafia but I will wait for others opinion to place a vote on anyone.
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,084
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
One kill is indeed surprising, but with poisoner and janitor already, perhaps there is one mafia party and another 3rd party? Well I don't know how balancing works so wouldn't know how that would work out. Either ways, its already a terrific start. I'm hoping we can get some more hints out of some...it'll help better in checking claims and slip-ups. Also, syx denied politician, and Arj iirc, never owned up to it? In fact he never addressed it. I already had suspicious that it could be a gambler in disguise, not based on anything other than caution. Can easily be verified by another vote change..Arj also is way too indecisive for my liking. And basically since his musings about there being 2 teams and after his hint, he hasn't really said much. It felt like he closed up to prevent making a mistake, or perhaps taking on a more observatory role since he feels safe with his claim? Either way, I don't want him coasting on having an unclaimable role...there are ways to circumvent and confirm what you have or if he is unwilling to do that yet, then we shouldn't simply ignore him for now
i tend to think there's a 2nd killing party and that one killing has likely failed (may be wrong though)
I too am bugged with the non claimable role. im quite surprised of this claim, i honestly didnt expected him to survive night 1 with such a claim, considering those roles are usually decisive, and he gave quite a big hint, for a night 1 killing team it should be safe choice. unless he was indeed targetted and saved by a blocking or protective role (also among "non claimable" roles theres freeman which is not exactly not claimbale "but better not to claim"). Could be a perfect disguise for mafia im not saying he is but thats quite strange.

Also the politician/gambler thing. like in last game seems it has been used on Farf before she cast her vote which is quite a waste of the day action, so likeky some new or rather new player i guess.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I will say we focus on those who tried to save Empi.

Such as Lambu.
Also as usual theres a high probability theres at least one of Spriggan mate among spriggan voters that quite common to sacrifice an already dead or highly suspicious mate to avoid to cast suspicion.
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,463
Country
Fun Forum
I'm getting way too carried away when my personal in-game rival Farfalla is also playing, suddenly everything she does just look suspicious. Since she hasn't woken up yet here's the chance to assess the situation more quietly.

Ok, so there has been one kill this night, which indicates that the second or third killing party in the game becomes a little bit more unlikely. Still, a lot of successful role interactions during the nights could allow also these possibilities to be true. The other target(s) could have been diverted by roleblockers.

I think as a third party "lore-wise" a Mentor could be making sense in this game, so no kill there first night means the recruiting could have succeeded. night 2 kills could be jumping drastically, so let's not be lulled into false security there.
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
Well my internet plan is going to end soon I will make my vote soon

Vote Kill Lambu

Let's see if my intuition is correct or not
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Vandred is nearly always mafia but I will wait for others opinion to place a vote on anyone.
That's just priceless, coming from you XD

I'm getting way too carried away when my personal in-game rival Farfalla is also playing, suddenly everything she does just look suspicious. Since she hasn't woken up yet here's the chance to assess the situation more quietly.
Yeah, go on and belieave that you dropping this after being solely after me for 2 days, even after you had nothing, will make me let go as well. You structured so so many posts to get me lynched so far and suddenly this goes "oops, got way too personal" #forgets. Will pay attention to every single move you make now. Would just love for a detective to check on you as well... But yeah, try to start flying under the radar and make short posts stating the obvious with the likes of "2/3 killings parties seems unlikily but this could mean towns defense working out/mafia third party failing/mentor happening" meanwhile.



Looking at the roles list, Desin, Daws, Bel, Bia, Marma, Erin, Evil and Demon basically gave hints that don't help us at all to have a clue on what they are so we can double check stuff later. Their hints would easily lead to over 10 roles each... So if those could speak more about themselves, it would be good.
@desin24 @SonOfDaws @Belserion @Lady pompom @MarmaladeSky
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
@Erinyes @Evil3ye @Demonspeed
--- Double Post Merged, ---
As I said in the first post of this day, checking on the voters for Emperor and syx could be good, I just don't think it could lead us to much this day, basically 'cause we don't know what syx was, so we can't say if the ones that voted for either were trying to save Emperor or blend in with the voters. Only knowing if syx was townie or mafia from a different party we could start having an idea about behaviors, imo. So far we can only say that the ones that voted for syx could be mafia from Emp's side trying to save him, specially when the numbers got closer, like what people said about Vandred (altho I share Holt's opinion there and wouldn't know if that's Vandred trying "new mafia moves") and that there could have ones that voted for Emp that were with him and jumped in later when it looked lost to try to gain credibility after (specially the ones that voted last, like what happened with Hardy and Demon in the previous game when Arjuna was getting lynched). I'm rly gonna get syx's mapping vote later, lol...
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,463
Country
Fun Forum
That's just priceless, coming from you XD


Yeah, go on and belieave that you dropping this after being solely after me for 2 days, even after you had nothing, will make me let go as well. You structured so so many posts to get me lynched so far and suddenly this goes "oops, got way too personal" #forgets. Will pay attention to every single move you make now. Would just love for a detective to check on you as well... But yeah, try to start flying under the radar and make short posts stating the obvious with the likes of "2/3 killings parties seems unlikily but this could mean towns defense working out/mafia third party failing/mentor happening" meanwhile.



Looking at the roles list, Desin, Daws, Bel, Bia, Marma, Erin, Evil and Demon basically gave hints that don't help us at all to have a clue on what they are so we can double check stuff later. Their hints would easily lead to over 10 roles each... So if those could speak more about themselves, it would be good.
@desin24 @SonOfDaws @Belserion @Lady pompom @MarmaladeSky
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
@Erinyes @Evil3ye @Demonspeed
--- Double Post Merged, ---
As I said in the first post of this day, checking on the voters for Emperor and syx could be good, I just don't think it could lead us to much this day, basically 'cause we don't know what syx was, so we can't say if the ones that voted for either were trying to save Emperor or blend in with the voters. Only knowing if syx was townie or mafia from a different party we could start having an idea about behaviors, imo. So far we can only say that the ones that voted for syx could be mafia from Emp's side trying to save him, specially when the numbers got closer, like what people said about Vandred (altho I share Holt's opinion there and wouldn't know if that's Vandred trying "new mafia moves") and that there could have ones that voted for Emp that were with him and jumped in later when it looked lost to try to gain credibility after (specially the ones that voted last, like what happened with Hardy and Demon in the previous game when Arjuna was getting lynched). I'm rly gonna get syx's mapping vote later, lol...
Who ever said anything about dropping the ball, and I would highly appreciate it, if you cease these dog comparisons with bones and balls. You're still on my personal radar as well, but neglacting the rest of the players is just too foolish, and I'll dedicate my afterwork time to articulate my suspicions there as well.

I gave hints but sorry to disappoint you, that I didn't want to bluntly Jesus myself out of this, or go for other low hanging fruits right away and I don't want the mafia to have a full role list so they can pinpoint doctors and dectectives easily for the night kills. I don't consider my role crusial or essential for the town win. Best it can do is a one time benefit.

What is your hint for the day?
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
I gave hints but sorry to disappoint you, that I didn't want to bluntly Jesus myself out of this, or go for other low hanging fruits right away and I don't want the mafia to have a full role list so they can pinpoint doctors and dectectives easily for the night kills. I don't consider my role crusial or essential for the town win. Best it can do is a one time benefit.

What is your hint for the day?
Yeah, I was expecting that. I did my homework yday, Evil, when I was listing those past roles for Bia to add to her list. Besides from giving her that only 4 roles that were added during/after your last play, I checked all the passives you've been in the past. You were only 1. I dropped it 'cause of that, thought my first interpreation was correct then. Also, saying "I'm passive" and "I don't have a night action" is clever word play just to state the same. So yeah, your hint gives nothing, just that you could be any passive role in the game -1. Hence why you were with the bunch I quoted, but you're a worse cause than the ones that at least have a long history list, but not the entire pool of passive game roles. Which also makes me wonder if giving those smalls hints here and there that leads you nowhere but looks like you provided a lot more than others ins't a play as well.

My hints allow you to narrow my role down to 3 options. Entertain yourself with them.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,673
Reaction score
61,373
Gender
Male
Country
France
Well, my role is active. I don't feel the need to reveal more than that about my role right now. I find that some said too much TBH.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Well, my role is active. I don't feel the need to reveal more than that about my role right now. I find that some said too much TBH.
Why? Didn't the majority seemed to agree that that was a good course for the other game? Wasn't this exacly what you did as a mafia in the previous game as well? Well, suit yourself, but you're encouraging others to do the same, specially mafia. Whenever there are docs/dets out there alrdy I'll go back to you, tho. And Jesus if you're mafia again you should bath in salt @.@
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,673
Reaction score
61,373
Gender
Male
Country
France
Why? Didn't the majority seemed to agree that that was a good course for the other game? Wasn't this exacly what you did as a mafia in the previous game as well? Well, suit yourself, but you're encouraging others to do the same, specially mafia. Whenever there are docs/dets out there alrdy I'll go back to you, tho. And Jesus if you're mafia again you should bath in salt @.@
I agreed to give hints but it doesn't mean I will reveal everything like that especially when most players haven't posted yet. The downsides when you reveal too much is that Mafia can choose better targets I think that the ones who were co-hosts last game like Lambu and pompom might know my role already. Actually, you as well since you were the one who suspected me the most back then.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Asking you to say a bit more that we could use for checking later is not the same as asking you to reveal your role. But what you said last in your post is alrdy something for us to work with, yeah, dw.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top