If you approach it completely academically, then sure, you can get away with that.
Oh, dont be like that, of course I try to "feel" enjoyment by reading manga(or stories in general), but storytelling and characterization are like an entire own language and to learn a language is always fascinating and there is also this certain "feel" if you understand more of it bit by bit.
Every time a new series I like fails, I get more and more indifferent towards manga in general. There was a point when I very nearly gave up on anime and manga entirely. Luckily, BC and Neverland saved me from that.
Welp reminds me of that one time, when I've wanted to stop playing video games, but then Persona 3 happened. Still playing video games till today(over ten years later). Everything what you need is patience to find a manga, which brings you enjoyment, to understand, that there will be always one, if you just look close enough.
As encouraging as bozebeats sounds so far I’m still skeptical. Will try most deff but after that Golem Hearts debacle I won’t seriously get into a series until i know it’s safe.
Gawd, you guys are so sensible, but it is kinda cute. Stay that way, guys.
I won't mind starting new manga immediately, mostly, bc I hope for the best, always and also because even if it's cancelled soon, it's always better than nothing, bc it was a nice experience and gives me hope that there will be another chance for the mangaka, and that I remember him, when the time comes.
Boruto no color page? Sales have dropped since Vol 1 while DBS passed it in a lesser mag. Not surprised, the manga has been bad.
Well, that is actually quite interesting topic, isnt it?
Someone on Twitter mentioned once, what one big flaw of Boruto is, the lack of a real threat. I mean with Naruto and Sasuke, who are like gods at this point, and the United Shinobi Alliance, there isnt much which could act as a serious theat for the heroes. Though, in a certain way, we have a similiar case with My Hero Academia, a society full of heroes, with really strong heroes on the top. The villains are the actual underdogs, and need to hide and plan their next moves. I guess, why MHA works in that way, and why not Boruto, bc in MHA the hero society is also split within itself. Rivalries among the students and heroes, and also short and long term goals for Deku and the other maincharacters.
Something which is lacking in Boruto. I mean, Sarada wants to be Hokage, but she is not the maincharacter(but should be in my opinion) and Boruto kinda wants to be something like Sasuke to Naruto, but not only is this a rather vague goal, it is also overall unclear what Sasuke duties are for Konoha. So yeah, that doesnt help Boruto either. Besides several other problems, the manga has, but this one is just the most prominent one for me at the moment.