Yissh. Though I wouldnt say Bozebeat is bad per se, it might be (debatably) something even worse: Generic/average.
I don't even know, where I should start-
The fact that it started with the one priest in the taxi already bothers me. Why not starting the protagonist, how he grows up, asks questions about himself and how we see by this, how he actually loves his mother. Having him presented this way was detrimental. Didnt feel like the protagonist at all.
Sadly, the monk wasnt much better, because he was quite bland and boring. I'm aware that he repeated his name maybe 3 or 4 times through the whole chapter, but I wasnt bothered to care.
The opening page with the huge dragon irritates me in hindsight, which bothers me a lot now. It really didnt play a role in anything, and bc it was followed up by the MC being adopted by the wolf mother, I think, this should have changed into this and by doing this expend the time of the family together.
Now these opening pages reminded me why having prologues for books sound nice, but is actually only in rare cases a good idea.
My next criticism would be, how much the whole "research the identity"-thing feels like an excuse, just to get the plot moving, less about character. I mean, it was his mother, who convinced him to find out about his past. I mean, I get the whole "hero denies the call"-trope, but bc of the lack of attention for our hero, we didnt really see the effects, why this was a trope to begin with: To show more of our hero, before the change and then push him into the wild(which is ironic, when I think about it).
The Dogtag and mysery surrounding it felt like a cheap MacGuffin, just to get the boy out of the woods and into the actual meat of the manga.
This is probably just me, but this whole Tarzan/Mononoke-life is so damn weird and random. Just... what? Why? I'm confused and I dont get it. AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
WHO DECIDED THAT THIS WAS A SMART DECISION?! WHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYY
*cough*, ahem, though, probably just nicktpicking, bc I'm probably one of the few people who are bothered by this. I mean, it's not bad, what was shown just... not that special, I guess? Forgettable is pretty much. how I would describe this manga's first chapter. Actually, it should have started with the end, when this one ghost-fish was freed and then the MC seals it.
Also the artstyle, how Mammo already said, just servicable.
Ironically, I have a few complaints about it, I dont hate it, or even dislike it. I would just say, it's rather bland, and boring. Which could be even worse, because I will probably forget it, when the next chapter will be out then.
I mean, if it survives and people start to praise it, maybe I'll give it another chance(probably not), but that was pretty much "meh" for me.