Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,549
Reaction score
15,716
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Managed to find in internet complete raw of all 20 volumes of Otoko Ippiki Gaki Daisho

God, that manga was very awesome. Gives me chills only to think this was the very foundation of Jump
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Finally the Takeshi OVA resurfaced on youtube recently
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
And one of the JoJo directors posted this. He's going to be working on the 2nd season
 
Last edited:

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
Finally the Takeshi OVA resurfaced on youtube recently
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
And one of the JoJo directors posted this. He's going to be working on the 2nd season
Speaking of Jojo, it looks like we'll have to wait more for part 5 getting an anime since Cells at Work is getting animated and it's airing in Summer 2018.

Edit: Of course I left out that DavidPro are in charge of Cells at Work. xD
 
Last edited:

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Speaking of Jojo, it looks like we'll have to wait more for part 5 getting an anime since Cells at Work is getting animated and it's airing in Summer 2018.

Edit: Of course I left out that DavidPro are in charge of Cells at Work. xD
David Pro can handle multiple projects at a time...
The new Captain Tsubasa anime series is listed with 52 episodes.
http://www.televix.com/captain-tsubasa-the-new-series/
...well then shit.

I hope part 5 will come soon.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I never realized how much I missed the Saiki anime until I watched the first episode of the second season.
I Hope Funi/Crunchy or Netflix pick it up soon

it's ridiculous that a WSJ title have to rely on fansubbing to be accessible to people in the west
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
I Hope Funi/Crunchy or Netflix pick it up soon

it's ridiculous that a WSJ title have to rely on fansubbing to be accessible to people in the west
It's okay, eventually Disney will buy out Shuiesha and you will have all the WSJ titles make into movies. Crossover between Jump and Mickey Mouse at your disposal.Super easy to access to people in the west.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Speaking of Disney, I'm surprised they haven't tried dipping their feet in anime. They're the biggest media name in the west.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
Speaking of Disney, I'm surprised they haven't tried dipping their feet in anime. They're the biggest media name in the west.
They own part of Ghibli.
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Plus, CGI movies make way more money for them.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,555
Reaction score
11,296
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
It's okay, eventually Disney will buy out Shuiesha and you will have all the WSJ titles make into movies. Crossover between Jump and Mickey Mouse at your disposal.Super easy to access to people in the west.
LOL.

Nope.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
It's okay, eventually Disney will buy out Shuiesha and you will have all the WSJ titles make into movies. Crossover between Jump and Mickey Mouse at your disposal.Super easy to access to people in the west.
You joke, but I wouldn’t be all that shocked if Disney bought Shueisha one day
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
You joke, but I wouldn’t be all that shocked if Disney bought Shueisha one day
Not going to happen. If I remember correctly there are laws that prevent Western companies/companies outside of Japan from purchasing Japanese ones or something like that. Which is great and for the best. That's why Nintento hasn't been bought out by a Western company for sure.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
They own part of Ghibli.
I just searched this company after you said this. It said they produced Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle!? I can't even tell you how many times I've watched the reruns on late night CartoonNetwork. Given the success of the collab with Square Enix and how Kingdom Hearts is probably the greatest video game franchise ever created (KHIII drops this year!!!) and how it expanded to manga based on the games and even light novels Disney really could come up off cosigning an actual manga or anime series. Imagine Mickey Mouse going on missions with Deku or Asta.
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
Can we please stop this topic, it has nothing to do with WSJ.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Interesting seeing the google logo for the 22nd of Jan considering Act-age starts the same day and the cover image it has :eek:. Nice coincidence.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top