Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Not going to happen. If I remember correctly there are laws that prevent Western companies/companies outside of Japan from purchasing Japanese ones or something like that. Which is great and for the best. That's why Nintento hasn't been bought out by a Western company for sure.
I know a lot of the Miyazaki movies like KeKe’s Delivery Service was considered Disney.
Just saying I wouldn’t be shocked if they purchased distribution rights here in the US, or bought out Viz or something, so they had the rights to Shueisha products here
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,555
Reaction score
11,296
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Disney has the rights to distribute the Studio Ghibli films, nothing more or less.
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
This is not relevant to WSJ, it's a great discussion to have but this isn't the place for it.
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Is there some reason I missed why Jump scans haven't happened yet? They're unusually late this week.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Fantasma dude new manga got a shout out from Hori

 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Is there some reason I missed why Jump scans haven't happened yet? They're unusually late this week.
Yeah MS hasn't released anything this week. Luckily, Jaimini did a few of them (Dr. Stone, MHA, and Black Clover), but I'm missing like half of what I usually read. And I was really looking forward to this week's Haikyuu too.:(
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Is there some reason I missed why Jump scans haven't happened yet? They're unusually late this week.
You didn't miss anything. The scans will be released officially tomorrow by....VIZ Weekly Shounen Jump TM
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Is there some reason I missed why Jump scans haven't happened yet? They're unusually late this week.
The scans came out as per usual. If you're referring to Mangastream, then they apparently weren't able to get hold of raws, so they're waiting to use the digital version.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I don't think Kaku worked as an assistant for him, he just liked the first chapter

anyway, I was hoping Kaku would do something fun like Prison Princess, but this is interesting I guess
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Weirdly I didn't like it, ended up just skimming after the first half. I really really liked Fantasma and Prison Princess so maybe I'll give it another try later but it just didn't interest me.
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,561
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Fantasma dude new manga got a shout out from Hori

You can definitely see a bit of Hori's influence from that picture alone
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
You can definitely see a bit of Hori's influence from that picture alone
His art has looked like that since well before MHA started. If anything it looks less like Hori's art than his previous series did.
 

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
I like how Horikoshi cares about his assistants. A guy who has not forgotten his hood. He knows how hard the road is.
I'm hoping we get a shoutout from him for Saguri-chan Tankentai. Given his generosity with how he has helped promote his assistants' works to his fans in the past, I'm assuming he'll do it again
 

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
I'm hoping we get a shoutout from him for Saguri-chan Tankentai. Given his generosity with how he has helped promote his assistants' works to his fans in the past, I'm assuming he'll do it again
He has given a shoutout though he didn't say anything. He retweeted Akiyama's tweet on August 30th.
 

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
He has given a shoutout though he didn't say anything. He retweeted Akiyama's tweet on August 30th.
That's true, but its first volume comes out in a few weeks, so I'm hoping he'll refresh the memories of his fans of its existence.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Murata, Shinohara and Sukeno also gave it a shout out too.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
The art is very pretty, but honestly it looks like some kind of age gap romance manga.
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,550
Reaction score
15,717
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
In my boredom, I've done this Twitter thread about 125 Jump titles throught 50 years of history (yep, is in spanish)

I've been a little madman and added both Bozebeats and Actage in the list. I think both of them are going to do well in Jump (also, Gintama spot is going to be soon free, which is going to help one of them)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top